Live debate watching thread

Author: Moozer325

Total: 124
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@JoeBob
Because "undocumented" means there is no way to prove the numbers. The best you can do is estimate based on the size of tent cities outside the cities and anecdotal crimes since the crime stats are very unreliable as there is no reliable standard for reporting crime.
ADreamOfLiberty
Debates: 0
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@JoeBob
Trump: "Millions and millions of people … are pouring into our country monthly. Where it's, I believe 21 million people."
False. 
Politfact has not way to fact check this, the fact that they purported to proves they are not reliable.
How are they not able to fact check that?
They are not omniscient, they do not have star trek sensors aimed at the border.

How do you answer a question like that?

How are you not able to know the exact number of rapes that occurred in Greenland in 948 AD? It's the lack of "how" that is the point, they have no "how" in "how do you know?".
FLRW
FLRW

How come Melania was not at the Debate. Oh, was she eating puppies and kittens? That's what immigrants do.
ILikePie5
Debates: 3
ILikePie5
-->
@FLRW
Didn’t know you were okay with people abducting geese. Turns out they actually have a police report
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@ILikePie5
Was it a Canadian goose? Might have been self defense in that case.
Best.Korea
Debates: 347
Best.Korea
-->
@Greyparrot
Because "undocumented" means there is no way to prove the numbers
Did a migrant eat your cat? Is that why you hate migrants? You are trying to avenge your cat?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Best.Korea
The goose didn't deserve what the cat got.
Best.Korea
Debates: 347
Best.Korea
-->
@Greyparrot
The goose didn't deserve what the cat got.
You are trying to avenge goose? Well, its not really a story you want to tell people, but okay.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Best.Korea
I know you want to duck duck goose.
Earth
Earth
-->
@ILikePie5
You have a source?
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Greyparrot

I guess you are not a Swiftie anymore?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@FLRW
Everyone is a swiftie. Even Melania.
Sidewalker
Debates: 8
Sidewalker
Harris kicked his ass last night, but it won't move the needle one bit.  Trump's base is set in stone,  the way to win s bring new voters to the table, and neither one seemed to accomplish that.

Taylor Swift on the other hand, her endorsement will bring a lot of young 1st time voters to the table....if 14 year old girls could vote, it would be a landslide.

Harris won't beat Trump, Trump will beat Trump.
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@JoeBob
Kamala definitely won the debate, but didn't score a win in the most important area: "defining herself"
I actually agree with your assessment. By all measures Kamala was near perfect in executing her apparent strategy to get under Trump's skin and put his unhingedness and complete disconnect from reality on full display, but that's what Trump is and everyone already knows that so I don't think this will move the needle as much as many on the left seem to think.
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
I kinda think people are missing the biggest liability in the debate because of the ridiculous dog eating tangents. She wanted to rile Trump up and get him to act exactly as he did, right? That's the whole plan. It took less than ten minutes for her to have him on the run, spouting craziness and generally looking like the imbecile we all know him to be. I don't think people are disturbed ENOUGH by how easy this was. If Kamala Harris, his stated opponent whom by his own admission he hates, in a debate for which his aides prepped him, where she has a clear aim (to defeat him), can do this so easily, you better believe bad actors who wish America and Americans harm can, will and probably has. The effect of it with Harris as the author is just embarrassing for Trump. If China decides they like this tactic, they will do it with a lot more subtlety, and as a complete idiot who doesn't trust his intelligence services, Trump will eat whatever pile of slow roasted asshole they put in front of him...and that's a disaster for Americans, not just for Trump. To me, that's the whole story of the debate, how easily manipulated Trump was, for everyone to see, with complete foreknowledge that she would be doing it.
badger
badger
Trump is a thousand times more unhinged than he was shown to be in that debate. Harris bit at him a bit with Putin lunch thing and world leaders laughing at him bit and the crowds but not enough. It should have been her strategy to trigger the shit out of him at every opportunity and let him explode. That was the win. But she let him off easy every time. She needed to make him squeal.

I see everyone on reddit thinks the same thing, that she was masterful and Trump came out looking a clown, but I don't see that at all. He's same old Trump, same Trump that won before. She could easily have turned him into a crying bitch up on the stage that night. Like why not?

The right should have been in mourning the day after. They don't give a fuck about that debate.
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
Ultimately, the whole "brown people ate my pet" meme is no more than fairly straightforward and well established semantic code meaning"White Power"   It is the only issue Trump has ever been really consistent on..  Down deep, it is the only issue on the table this election as it has been for most US presdiential elections.  The reason no issue or event or even candidate swap does much to shift the 60/40 divide in American politics is because White Power is the faultline and nobody dares speak that evil's name, like Sauron's name in Middle-Earth. Like Sauron, this evil must be named to be shamed and an alliance of Free peoples joined to resist the encroaching darkness.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@oromagi
Hopefully, we can all get a taste for dog/cat meat when the Democrats are through tweaking the economy. Groceries can always get more expensive. That would bring the darkness to white people for sure.
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@oromagi
Ultimately, the whole "brown people ate my pet" meme is no more than fairly straightforward and well established semantic code meaning"White Power"
rofl, wherever you've been hanging out it has not helped the radicalization meter.

Who but a white supremacist would dare accuse someone of eating their pet!

badger
badger
oro is such a nerd. But he's a good guy. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
Who but a white supremacist would dare accuse someone of eating their pet!
Don't you realize that "peoplefromaspecificcountrywheretheyarestarvingduetocorruptionandhavetoeatanythingtosurvive" is an actual race consisting of only brown skinned people? And not just "some" brown people....but ALL brown skinned people on the planet? You would have to be a "racist" to not see that fully legitimate generalization!

Sheesh...
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty

She is confirming what we saw from the debate, that she doesn't have the ability to form a lie that will resonate with people on the fence.
How hard is it to just make up any lie that answers the goddamn question instead of a lie that answers nothing....
rbelivb
Debates: 1
rbelivb
The terms "white surpremacy" and "racism" obscure the issue because conservatives use those terms to mean "emotionally based, irrational hatred of other races" as opposed to their pure logic and legitimate concerns, like the fact that jewish people are interdimensional aliens or mexicans are going to eat their dog. However, it is inarguable that concerns about ethnic displacement were the primary driver for Trump's success and popularity. Conservative, cloistered religious movements are inbred at a much higher rate than any other group. They fear the introduction of entropy into the demographics.

The primary thing is not that conservatives are "prejudiced" and that is somehow bad because everybody should be logical all the time. It is that conservatives are taking the side of homogeneity and nationalism, against the forces of internationalisation, democracy, and diversity - which are themselves byproducts of the progressive development of information technology. Trump's strength is that he appeals to a form of white ethnic angst which resonates at a much deeper level than the politics of any of his opponents.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@rbelivb
Mexican isn't a race. American isn't a race.
badger
badger
-->
@rbelivb
The gang's all back together. Good to see you buddy. 

Hey I want a shout out in the dedications page when you write the next cornerstone socio-political treatise. 
rbelivb
rbelivb
-->
@Greyparrot
Actually that is exactly what I said:

The terms "white surpremacy" and "racism" obscure the issue because conservatives use those terms to mean "emotionally based, irrational hatred of other races" as opposed to their pure logic and legitimate concerns

conservatives are taking the side of homogeneity and nationalism, against the forces of internationalisation, democracy, and diversity

I think we would agree that the word 'racism' doesn't capture what the conservatives are about, rather than something like ethnic homogeneity.
rbelivb
rbelivb
-->
@badger
I'm glad that you are here!
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@rbelivb
I think we would agree that the word 'racism' doesn't capture what the conservatives are about
conservatives use those terms to mean...

That's true, but it's Democrats that use the words "white nationalism" and "racism" to describe it. It's easier than to have to deal with uncomfortable cultural frictions.
badger
badger
The trans women are turning on gp and he doesn't like it.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@badger
Tell us how you really feel, don't hold back bro.