Longtermism should be used to make policy decisions

Author: WyIted

Total: 82
DavidAZZ
Debates: 0
DavidAZZ
-->
@Best.Korea
I was circumcised. . . . I cant really claim to be extremely happy about it.
I guess you could say you were "ripped off", huh?

Best.Korea
Debates: 332
Best.Korea
-->
@DavidAZZ
When you throw them into the environment of public schools and colleges, then they will come back with pink hair.
Well, I understand that pink hair offends your religion.

After all, God created people with God's design, and pink hair wasnt there in the design, right?

Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@WyIted
Here I took some time to give you the source:

Basically, the only ones mostly voting republicans are those over 50, but they lived at a time when people widely thought that being gay is wrong, but they are a minority now.
WyIted
Debates: 27
WyIted
-->
@Best.Korea
Nothing I said contradicts that. Stop being a complete retard. Just be half retarded. I was pointing to trends as to where we are heading as far as party indentification is concerne
DavidAZZ
DavidAZZ
-->
@Best.Korea
After all, God created people with God's design, and pink hair wasnt there in the design, right?
A woman to alter her hair is rebellion to God's ways.  It's in the bible.

But, specifically to your point, people who change their appearance in such an outrageous way usually rebels the norm.  Same with the rebels in the 90's with massively spiked hair.  They were the "rebels".  Hair is an interesting thing and we humans are the only beings that actually "do" our hair.  We express ourselves with our hair and facial hair. 

WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Best.Korea
JD Vance is a fag. We are pro gay now dumbass. Opposing pedophilia does not mean opposing gay marriage
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@WyIted
where we are heading as far as party indentification is concerne
You didnt point out where we are heading.

You just made a statistical error of assumed growth. All what we know for sure is that democrats gain more and more votes every election, that most of the youth today are democrats, as well as most of the educated people and migrants.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@DavidAZZ
A woman to alter her hair is rebellion to God's ways
Oh well.

If having a pink hair means rebeling against God, then by all means, rebel more.

WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Best.Korea
All what we know for sure is that democrats gain more and more votes every election
this isn't true though. look st share of black votes, hispaci votes and youth vote for trump now vs 2020 or 2016. Some of these trends are still 20 years off but still coming and liberals are panicking and  literally fighting to count illegal alien votes
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@WyIted
Biden won by 7 million votes difference.

So yeah, if the only people prefering republicans are old people over 50, then it doesnt look good for the republicans.
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Best.Korea
Biden won by 7 million votes difference.

So yeah, if the only people prefering republicans are old people over 50, then it doesnt look good for the republicans.
you are a retard who doesn't realize how trends work or know that people get more conservative as they age and study things like economics. Stop clogging up my thread about longtermism with stupid shit irrelevent to the topic.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@WyIted
If your "theory" was right, we would see an increase in percentage of votes for republicans over time.

But we dont see that. Hillary won popular vote by 2% while Biden won by 5%, which proves that its the democrats who are gaining more voters over time.
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@WyIted
What would be the long term effect of abolishing the capital class's monopsony on labor?
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
The U.S. government is the largest  monopsony in terms of having multiple suppliers bid for massive projects. Far larger than Amazon, McDonalds, or WalMart. The government distorts the market far more than those large players. Examples: prices of college education, price of energy, price of bombs and guns...

And the labor for all those associated industries are vastly over inflated.
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
What would be the long term effect of abolishing the capital class's monopsony on labor?
The capital class is a myriad of people. Granted most of them are evil. I think about 90% vote democrat. I guess it depends on the plan to abolish it. I think a Laissez faire system would likely cause us to return to everyone essentially being a small business owner and increase happiness.

In the longtermism view those policies do not mean much in the grand scheme of things. Even genocide is relatively harmless in the grand scheme of things and efforts should be redirected to almost solely trying to mitigate the threat of existential threats to existence. The following debate gives my argument for why... https://www.debateart.com/debates/5659-the-united-states-should-nuke-germany-see-description-for-full-resolution

I will probably need somebody to actually take the con position on that debate at some point as american debater has a habit of accepting my debates and then when he sees the argument is challenging he acts like a coward and runs away
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
I think a Laissez faire system would likely cause us to return to everyone essentially being a small business owner and increase happiness.
Laissez faire would return us to the Gilded Age. You would work 6 days a week for 12 hours a day, and make a poverty wage.

Isn’t the United States a monopsony to China? Yet we are not able to dictate prices 

Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
Laissez faire would return us to the Gilded Age
AI debunked this.
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Greyparrot
Not to mention the economic freedom index which categorizes countries by how Laissez Faire they are
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
Laissez faire would return us to the Gilded Age. You would work 6 days a week for 12 hours a day, and make a poverty wage.
Only if you were a dirty peasant laborer and not a big brain smart... whatever you do.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Airline Captain. 

But you’re doing good too. Pretty soon you’ll be able to buy some new gardening equipment 
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
Airline Captain. 
Nobody asked.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
You kinda did with the “whatever you do”
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@WyIted
Sorry for letting IWRA distract me. It isn't that making fun of conservative Democrats like him is more fun than making fun of right wingers - both are equally fun - it's just that there are more right wingers on the site than conservative Democrats. Supply and demand, you know how it is. I promise to take a look at your nuking Germany debate soon.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
That didn't have a question mark after it it had a period. Go back to grammar school.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
That didn't have a question mark after it it had a period. 
Laborers aren’t know for their punctuation. You forget to use proper punctuation between your two its just now for example.

Is grammar school as far as you got? That’s why you labor?
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Sorry for letting IWRA distract me. It isn't that making fun of conservative Democrats like him is more fun than making fun of right wingers
I feel like he is secretly what all Democrats are on the inside. The part they hide. I had a friend I megt playing pool and he was a very outspoken Democrat, but he would also say stuff like "I would never let my daughter date a nigger", It was then that I realised they really do see the poor as inferior and it explains why they choose to use the same policies that created places like skidrow in LA. The woke tards I assume are people with 2 digit IQ's that got tricked into siding with these Democrats. Understandable since they hide what I have seen and for whatever reason let their mask slip around me

t's just that there are more right wingers on the site than conservative Democrats. Supply and demand, you know how it is
That's fair actually.
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
longtermism is more likely to be adopted by these lesswrong people who do not neatly align as left or right but I think you would find them left wing in a lot of respects.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@WyIted
I feel like he is secretly what all Democrats are on the inside. The part they hide. I had a friend I megt playing pool and he was a very outspoken Democrat, but he would also say stuff like "I would never let my daughter date a nigger",
Well this is the class of lowlifes you meet in your circle

WyIted
WyIted
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
Well this is the class of lowlifes you meet in your circle
Perhaps you are the same guy. How good is your pool game?
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@WyIted
longtermism is more likely to be adopted by these lesswrong people who do not neatly align as left or right but I think you would find them left wing in a lot of respects.
Maybe, sound like a bunch of unfuckable tech bros to me but I admit I am going off of limited information. All I have to go on is in this thread since I never heard of them before now.

Just read the intro to the nuke debate. Is there an example of a different proscriptive position that can be drawn from longtermism you could point to? One that maybe has a little more of a real world application?