Heroic Heroes Mafia DP1

Author: ILikePie5

Read-only
Total: 189
Owen_T
Debates: 28
Owen_T
As we still don't have anything going on, should we claim something else to try and keep moving forward?

What about if fictional, who created the character, and if real, how they're famous.
Owen_T
Owen_T
I just realized that may not be the best idea because someone could have some sort a character famous for medical reasons or such.
Casey_Risk
Debates: 3
Casey_Risk
-->
@Owen_T
I think we should try and get claims from a person or two before this DP ends. The trouble is, we have very little info to go off of right now.

There's obviously something going on between Wylted and Austin, but I'm hesitant to get them to reveal more at this stage. I get the feeling it will help the scum more than the town.

I do want to see some actual motion here, so how about this? Give just a little bit of info about where your character comes from if they are fictional (if they are from literature, comics, TV, etc.), as well as their gender if you haven't given it already. We did basically the same thing in Villainous Villains. I'll start. My character is male and comes from Greek mythology.
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@Casey_Risk
I do want to see some actual motion here, so how about this? Give just a little bit of info about where your character comes from if they are fictional (if they are from literature, comics, TV, etc.), as well as their gender if you haven't given it already. We did basically the same thing in Villainous Villains. I'll start. My character is male and comes from Greek mythology.
An important thing to keep in mind here is that, even if we know everyone’s characters, we’re still going to be speculating pretty wildly about roles. Like for mine, I can see a connection, but it’s far from the first I would have suspected.

In any case, I’m fine doing this since we’re not making progress:

Male, TV and comics (the show is an adaptation of the written source material).
JoeBob
JoeBob
-->
@Casey_Risk
there are movies about him but he started in comic books 
Owen_T
Owen_T
-->
@Casey_Risk
My character got major press attention during the election cycle. 
Owen_T
Owen_T
-->
@JoeBob
Dead or alive? 
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Casey_Risk
I think we should try and get claims from a person or two before this DP ends. The trouble is, we have very little info to go off of right now.

There's obviously something going on between Wylted and Austin, but I'm hesitant to get them to reveal more at this stage. I get the feeling it will help the scum more than the town.

I know I am just barely getting on, and while I appreciate the effort to get the ball rolling, I don't think getting people to randomly give more information is neccesarily the way to go. Scum have no incentive to participate in doing this, you are more likely to get townies to volunteer this type of information, and this just gives scum more info than they need to try and guess at characters or roles. I think a better way to get the ball moving would be to ask people questions about behavior and motive (don't be scared of making a little bit out of nothing in dp1, this is literally the day phase to do that). Guage reactions, see if people get dodgy, or seem defensive. 

Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@whiteflame
An important thing to keep in mind here is that, even if we know everyone’s characters, we’re still going to be speculating pretty wildly about roles. Like for mine, I can see a connection, but it’s far from the first I would have suspected.
knowing pie, I think his priority would be to balance the game before trying to make characters fit exactly to their show character. Mine kind of makes sense as well, but part of it is a stretch too. I am guessing he already had this role in mind and thought my character maybe more accurately fit the role description than any of the other characters people submitted for example, but he planned on using the role nonetheless. 
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Owen_T
Dead or alive? 
Do you suspect joebob?
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Owen_T
As we still don't have anything going on, should we claim something else to try and keep moving forward?

What about if fictional, who created the character, and if real, how they're famous.

Why does town need any of this information? I think if there is reason to suspect a person we just pursue their full claim. Like I said to casey, town is more likely to volunteer this information than mafia, who will want to keep their options open. 
Owen_T
Owen_T
-->
@Lunatic
No, I don't. I was just trying to narrow down the dozens of likely super heroes he is. In hind sight, you're completely right. My search for characters will get us no where.

I was just trying to get something we could work with. Thanks for the feedback.
WyIted
Debates: 29
WyIted
Nothing pisses me off more than an Uber driver who asks me to put a seat belt on, while I am in the process of putting my seat belt on. These people are fucking retarded. This retard is still getting 5 stars but it's very frustrating. 
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Lunatic
knowing pie, I think his priority would be to balance the game before trying to make characters fit exactly to their show character. Mine kind of makes sense as well, but part of it is a stretch too. I am guessing he already had this role in mind and thought my character maybe more accurately fit the role description than any of the other characters people submitted for example, but he planned on using the role nonetheless. 
I think you're right that Pie would have focused on balancing roles first and foremost. That's part of the reason I don't think there's much point in narrowing down claims. Even if we had everyone character claim, there's just not a lot town would gain from that knowledge beyond assigning potential roles that aren't likely to be accurate anyway.

So, yes, I'd say this comes down to behavior for DP1 and that's going to be hard to read when all we're doing is slightly limiting character claims in a game that has no theme. No one has any incentive to fake their character claims.

JoeBob
JoeBob
                         Character                Role
1. Casey                   Fic/Myth
2. Lunatic                Fic/Fem
3. Austin                   Real       Somewhat Confirmable
4. Whiteflame        Fic/Male
5. Owen                    Real/“It”
6. JoeBob                Fic/Male/Dead/Originated in Comic Books
7. Earth                    Fic/
8. Wylted                 Real/Dead
9. Savant                 Fic

Earth
Debates: 4
Earth
I know quite a bit about my character and .y first impression reading my PM is that Pie probably skimmed a wiki or whatever and shoehorned my role in.
Casey_Risk
Casey_Risk
My role fits my character reasonably well, but it's also not connected to him in an obvious way.

As far as behavior goes, looking back through the DP there's really not much that I notice except for Wylted mentioning a potential modkill and his interaction with Austin. I still don't quite know what to make of that. 
WyIted
WyIted
So afew you guys just trying to be lazy fucks this DP and run down the clock?

If that's the case weer should have just started at np1
WyIted
WyIted
Everyone's posts are getting hyper analyzed when I click out.  I can't stand this stagnation
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
Vote Count:

None
WyIted
WyIted
ANYONEwant to just start full character claiming so we have something to talk about?
JoeBob
JoeBob
💤💤 
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@WyIted
Fuck it. We’re not getting anywhere without it, and though I’m not fond of doing so in most cases, I don’t think it gives a lot of insight into my role. If that’s not the case for some of you, we can play this on a case-by-case basis, but I don’t think my keeping it to myself helps at all with this setup.

I’m Arataka Reigen from Mob Psycho 100. Yes, I chose an anime character.

That being said, I’m putting this back to you, WyIted. It’s your suggestion after all.
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@whiteflame
I didn't want to be first. I am evola 
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@WyIted
Julius Evola, the philosopher?
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@whiteflame
Correct 
Owen_T
Owen_T
I looked through the roles list. Nothing really matches well. Any ideas?
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Owen_T
I looked through the roles list. Nothing really matches well. Any ideas?
It's a character not a role
Owen_T
Owen_T
I thought the point of this was to try and figure out roles and alignment
Owen_T
Owen_T
I will now read the entire Wikipedia page on Evola