How Kamala Harris' Indian roots shaped her political views

Author: Greyparrot

Total: 140
ADreamOfLiberty
Debates: 0
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@Greyparrot
There was a time Japanese would kill you on the spot for that generalization and insult.
And other times when they killed you for doubting it (greater east asian co-prosperity sphere). Such is the nature of bullshit, it contradicts itself all the time.
FLRW
FLRW
After graduating from Howard in 1986, Kamala Harris returned to Oakland, California, and went to law school at UC Hastings College of Law.
At UC Hastings, she wrote in her autobiography, “I was elected president of the Black Law Students Association (BLSA) during my second year in law school. At the time, black students were having a harder time finding employment than white students, and I wanted to change that. As BLSA president, I called the managing partners of all the major law firms and asked them to send representatives to a job fair we were hosting at a hotel.”
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@FLRW
The enrolled student population at University of California-Hastings College of Law is 42.8% White, 23.2% Asian, 18.3% Hispanic or Latino, 3.86% Black or African American, 3.1% Two or More Races, 0.587% Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islanders, and 0.0838% American Indian or Alaska Native.

BLSA primarily focuses on the interests of BIPOC law students. About 10% of its members are Asian.

Amber
Amber
-->
@FLRW
she wrote in her autobiography, “I was elected president of the Black Law Students Association (BLSA) during my second year in law school
And? One doesn’t need to be black to join a black related socialization. I mean really, Jeffrey “Shaun” King is a white dude who got a scholarship paid by Ophra to attend Morehouse, a HBCU, married a black woman, became a self-proclaimed (trans-racial) black man advocating for black Americans. Doesn’t prove anything. Kamala is Indian/Irish/Hindu. 

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@FLRW
OMG, I just realized Kamala went to a school that was far below the DEI mandate of 13% black population. Shame.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Moozer325
No, I did not make it unclear. It's basic English and simple reading comprehension skills. 
lol. Aren’t you going to tell her to stop being so hostile? lol

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
One doesn’t need to be black to join a black related socialization.
What a dunce

Indian/Irish/Hindu.
Indian AND Hindu. I see

WyIted
Debates: 28
WyIted
Here are 5 positive things about Trump and Kamala according to chat GPT

Certainly. Here are five positive things about Donald Trump and Kamala Harris that might appeal to people from different political perspectives:

### Positive Aspects of Donald Trump that Might Appeal to Liberals:
1. **Criminal Justice Reform**: The First Step Act, signed into law by Trump, aimed to reduce sentencing disparities and offer inmates opportunities for rehabilitation, which was supported by many criminal justice reform advocates.

2. **Climate Action Initiatives**: Despite withdrawing from the Paris Agreement, Trump supported some environmental measures, such as increasing funding for nuclear energy research and reducing regulations for clean energy projects.

3. **Infrastructure Investments**: Trump's administration proposed significant investments in infrastructure, including improvements to roads and bridges, which could benefit urban areas and support job creation.

4. **Healthcare Coverage Expansion**: While Trump’s efforts to repeal the Affordable Care Act (ACA) were controversial, his administration did support provisions to improve access to healthcare for veterans and address the opioid crisis.

5. **Trade Deals**: Trump renegotiated NAFTA into the USMCA, which included provisions aimed at benefiting American workers and addressing some trade imbalances, potentially helping various industries.

### Positive Aspects of Kamala Harris that Might Appeal to Conservatives:
1. **Law Enforcement Experience**: Harris's background as a prosecutor and Attorney General might appeal to conservatives who value strong law enforcement and crime prevention measures.

2. **Bipartisan Outreach**: Harris has shown an ability to work across party lines on certain issues, which could be seen positively by conservatives who favor pragmatic solutions and bipartisan cooperation.

3. **Economic Policies**: Harris's support for small businesses and her focus on entrepreneurship can align with conservative values emphasizing economic growth and job creation.

4. **National Security**: Her focus on enhancing national security and addressing border security issues might resonate with conservatives who prioritize strong measures to ensure safety and security.

5. **Educational Reform**: Harris has supported policies that aim to improve educational opportunities and access, including advocating for more school choice and vocational training programs, which can align with conservative education reform goals.

These points are based on perspectives and interests that might align with different political values.
Sidewalker
Debates: 8
Sidewalker
This is truly hilarious, no wonder Trump loves the poorly educated, they are just too easy to control.  

You can keep them occupied with the most trivial nonsense, which keeps them from realizing they don't know anything that matters.  

I mean, all of this figuring and hard mental stuff to get to the bottom of the big political issue, "did Kamala become black", LOL, I guess they already did their figuring on her laugh, we is campaigning more harder this time.

It's hard to imagine anything that could matter less, and yet, they are all smug and self-satisfied like, "Lookie lookie, I'm doing politics and everthing".   And whatever you do, please don't confuse them with any of them there big words like economy, foreign affairs, democracy, constitution, and all them other high-falutin words, they ain't got nothin to do with fighting against colored folks anyway.  We are talkin politics here.

LOL, this is MAGA, and these are the MAGA issues, because they are all that MAGA can understand, it's as deep as they go, stupid is as stupid does.  

Yep, Trump really does love the poorly educated.

Moozer325
Debates: 13
Moozer325
-->
@Amber
No, I did not make it unclear. It's basic English and simple reading comprehension skills. It was crystal clear, you just glanced at the sentence and cherry picked the latter half to rebut with (strawman fallacy) without quoting the entire sentence within the context given. That context made it clear I was referring to her mother,
Well I’m so sorry that I’m human, and make a few mistakes. Seriously though, sorry that I took this so of track.

No his parents were not black. JFC! There's that lack of reading comprehension again. One parent was white (Irish) and the other Indian (Hindu). Neither were "black" (i.e., African).

Her history is complicated, but I haven’t found anything about an Indian on her dads side. Her dad is descended from and Irishman who raped his slaves as far as we know.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Sidewalker
This is truly hilarious, no wonder Trump loves the poorly educated, they are just too easy to control.
Yes, Trump is slowly starting to siphon away the types of voters that would rate Kamala as the worst VP ever one year and the best candidate the next year.

A troubling trend for a Democrat elite clawing for absolute power.

FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Greyparrot

OMG, your KKK Club has a Black president, doesn't it?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@FLRW
@cristo71
His name is Clayton sir, don't you forget it.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@FLRW

Also remember, Democrats recently sponsored a "whites for Kamala" rally a few weeks ago. Segregation by skin color is alive and well in 2024 if you are a Democrat lover.
Sidewalker
Debates: 8
Sidewalker
-->
@Greyparrot
Yes, Trump is slowly starting to siphon away the types of voters that would rate Kamala as the worst VP ever one year and the best candidate the next year.

A troubling trend for a Democrat elite clawing for absolute power.

Yes, Trump is taking away all those independents that hadn't decided yet because they couldn't decide if Kamala is black or not LOL. I assure you, the only people who are stupid enough to give a shit about that "issue" are already Trump supporters. 

You MAGA folks are really good at the political strategy stuff.  You already demolished us on the big "laugh" issue...and now this, you guys got the election in the bag already LOL.

And soon enough you'll also have the big "Jew" issue to goes about doin your figurin on.  

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Sidewalker
because they couldn't decide if Kamala is black or not LOL
No, they are just confused because the same MSM declared her an Indian in 2016. It's ok, there will always be someone to set them straight when the MSM confounds.

And soon enough you'll also have the big "Jew" issue to goes about doin your figurin on.  
Kween Kamala hasn't officially selected "Genocide Shapiro" yet. Don't celebrate.

In fact, it's not legit until the convention that Kamala will officially be the person to blame.
Amber
Amber
-->
@Moozer325
@<<<Amber>>>
No, I did not make it unclear. It's basic English and simple reading comprehension skills. It was crystal clear, you just glanced at the sentence and cherry picked the latter half to rebut with (strawman fallacy) without quoting the entire sentence within the context given. That context made it clear I was referring to her mother,
Well I’m so sorry that I’m human, and make a few mistakes. Seriously though, sorry that I took this so of track.
I'll give you kudos, kid. At least at your age you know better to have the integrity and honesty to admit when you're wrong, unlike so many so-called "adults" in this forum like Sidewalker, IwantRoseveltagain, et al. 

No his parents were not black. JFC! There's that lack of reading comprehension again. One parent was white (Irish) and the other Indian (Hindu). Neither were "black" (i.e., African).

Her history is complicated, but I haven’t found anything about an Indian on her dads side. Her dad is descended from and Irishman who raped his slaves as far as we know.

I posted two videos herein that proves you wrong. 

FACT: Mother is Indian/Hindu
FACT: Dad is Irish/Hindu

Again, being born in Jamaica doesn't make you black. Mr. Harris' great grandmother was Indian/Hindu. It's not hard to verify. You seem savvy enough. Do it. 

Amber
Amber
One doesn’t need to be black to join a black related socialization.
What a dunce
Why yes, you are. Truth hurts, doesn't it!!!! 

Amber
Amber
->
@Moozer325
No, I did not make it unclear. It's basic English and simple reading comprehension skills. 
lol. Aren’t you going to tell her to stop being so hostile? lol

Moozer has far more intelligence, intellect, integrity, honesty and self-awareness than you could possibly fathom. 

TROLL! 
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
Why yes, you are. Truth hurts, doesn't it!!!! 
I know you are but what am I?

Old maid!

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
Again, being born in Jamaica doesn't make you black. 
Being born in Ireland doesn’t make you white.

Harris’s father, Donald, was the son of Oscar Joseph Harris and Beryl Christie Harris (née Finegan),[6][7] who were Afro-Jamaicans.[8][9]

But to an idiot, Afro-Jamaican means Indian and Irish.

Harris's paternal grandmother, born Christiana Brown, told Harris that she was descended from Irish-born plantation owner Hamilton Brown, who founded the local Anglican Church where she is buried.[10] Hamilton Brown owned at least 1,120 slaves,

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
Donald Harris’ grandmother was the product of Hamilton Brown and a black slave.

So his parents were black. Afro-Jamaican.

Out of 4 grandparents, one was half white. The other 3 were black.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
The "one-drop rule" was a social and legal principle of racial classification that was prominent in the United States, particularly during the Southern Democrat Jim Crow era. This rule asserted that any person with even one ancestor of Black ancestry ("one drop" of Black blood) was considered Black. This meant that individuals with any Black heritage, no matter how distant, were classified as Black and thus subject to the racial segregation and discrimination enforced by Democrat laws.

It's time to use the racist's rules against them. I hereby declare all of you legally black. 

Moozer325
Moozer325
-->
@Amber
FACT: Mother is Indian/Hindu
FACT: Dad is Irish/Hindu
First of all, I can’t find those videos that you cited, so I would love to take a look at those.

Second, it’s really not that simple. Family trees, especially ones involving raped slaves can get very complicated. It’s still not clear enough to cal anything a fact, but the evidence points to her father being black.

Her great-great grandmother was listed as a “laborer” on her death certificate, which at the time meant slave.

Here’s a quote from the article I cited “According to the family tree, Hamilton Brown Jr. had a son named Hamilton Brown, who, with a woman named Jessian Prince, had a daughter named Christiana Brown. Christiana Brown and Joseph Alexander Harris had a son named Oscar Joseph Harris. Oscar Joseph Harris and Beryl Finegan had Donald Harris. And, finally, Donald Harris married Shyamala Gopalan, and the couple had Kamala”

Now, I’ll admit that that is taken very out of context. There are some minor discrepancies and holes, but the chances are that it’s more probable she is descended from a slave owner who is listed as having many partners than from anyone else.

It’s complicated, but it’s more probable that she is black than not black.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Moozer325
Is Elizabeth Warren a native Indian? yes or no. 

Does she have 1 drop of indian blood?
Moozer325
Moozer325
-->
@Greyparrot
I don’t think so. What’s your point?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Moozer325
The fact that there is a question means the entire issue is a social construct and not a fact.

Kamala is neither African nor Asian unless you want to use the one-drop rule. (which nobody will agree to)

To agree to the one drop rule means everyone is all races and nobody is one singular race.

That will most certainly alienate and piss off a huge sect of black Americans that believe they are a singular race.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Greyparrot

Shouldn't you change your profile pic to Whitey Bulger?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@FLRW
This pic has the maximum effect on you, so there will be no change.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
It's time to use the racist's rules against them. I hereby declare all of you legally black. 
In fact all human beings descended from Homo sapiens in Africa.

Although some scientists equate the term "humans" with all members of the genus Homo, in common usage it generally refers to Homo sapiens, the only extant member. All other members of the genus Homo, which are now extinct, are known as archaic humans, and the term "modern human" is used to distinguish Homo sapiens from archaic humans. Anatomically modern humans emerged around 300,000 years ago in Africa, evolving from Homo heidelbergensis or a similar species. Migrating out of Africa, they gradually replaced and interbred with local populations of archaic humans. Multiple hypotheses for the extinction of archaic human species such as Neanderthals include competition, violence, interbreeding with Homo sapiens, or inability to adapt to climate change.