If there is no open convention...

Author: Greyparrot

Total: 75
HistoryBuff
Debates: 0
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
But let's not pretend like you actually care about democracy.
I don't, but there is a party that most definitely pretends.
so you are acknowledging that you are fine with violent overthrows of democracy and that your criticism of the Democrats in this case is just that it makes it harder for dictator trump to return to power?
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
I'm fine with ongoing checks and balances over mob rule and strict enforcement of riot control as has been since 1800.

If the oligarchy of billionaire donors wants to coronate Harris, let em.

Just don't pretend that is democracy.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
Bernie Sanders would be president today under mob rule. (democracy)
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
Just don't pretend that is democracy.
you don't have to like it but it is still democracy. If the democratic party didn't want kamela, they could still reject her. All polling for months has shown that the majority of democrats and independents wanted joe to not run. The democratic party is almost universally happy about this and unifying behind her. I wish biden had made this decision a long time ago, but this is still democracy. I know it may be hard to tell since your candidate tried to violently overthrow the government, so it must be very hard to tell what democracy means.

Bernie Sanders would be president today under mob rule. (democracy)
1) that is not what the word democracy means. 
2) maybe. He was ahead but there was no guarantees. We'd all be better off if he were. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
 If the democratic party didn't want kamela, they could still reject her.
That assumes there will be an open convention where delegates have actual choices, you know, that element that makes democracy possible (choices)
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
The democratic party is almost universally happy about this and unifying behind her.
False.

Show me a poll that shows Kamala is preferred to almost any other candidate. According to 2019, no Democrat wanted her.

She is polling worse in swing states than Biden, particularly among young people.
If you think this is how the death cult should go, then you are coronating Trump as well.

HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
That assumes there will be an open convention where delegates have actual choices, you know, that element that makes democracy possible (choices)
there's no such thing as a "closed" convention. Joe has released them from their obligation to vote for him. Each state's representatives now has the power to vote for whoever they want. Most have already confirmed it will be Kamala.
Sidewalker
Debates: 8
Sidewalker
-->
@Greyparrot
Just don't call it an election during the coronation ceremony.
The election will be the part where Kamala Harris kicks Trumps ass so hard he won't be able to find it.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Sidewalker
She is polling worse in swing states than Biden, particularly among young people.
If you think this is how the death cult should go, then you are coronating Trump as well.

Don't sit there and pretend Kamala is the best choice for Democrat voters, especially when they just un-chose Biden for all the lies about him being the best and sharpest ever while his swing state polls bottomed out.

FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Sidewalker

Kamala Harris kicks Trumps ass so hard he won't be able to find it.
I don't know, it is pretty big.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@FLRW

I will personally blame you if Trump is anointed king again.
Sidewalker
Debates: 8
Sidewalker
-->
@Greyparrot

Don't sit there and pretend Kamala is the best choice for Democrat voters, especially when they just un-chose Biden for all the lies about him being the best and sharpest ever while his swing state polls bottomed out.
I prefer a candidate that is "likeable" myself, I personally have a negative visceral reaction to Kamala, always have, but the election isn't Trump versus Harris, it's Trump vs women's rights, it's Fascism vs Democracy, it's Criminal vs Prosecutor, and its youth and experience vs old age and cognitive decline.

Her best quality is she isn't Donald Trump, she can beat Trump because she has a pulse.

Considering how he feels about Black Women, it will be humiliating when she walks all over him.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Sidewalker
Don't tell that to me, tell it to the swing states that hate her worse than Biden.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
Was that the poll for blithering idiots?

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
Kamala was the one that called young people idiots.

"They are STUPID!"