If there is no open convention...

Author: Greyparrot

Total: 75
Best.Korea
Debates: 347
Best.Korea
-->
@Greyparrot
How does it feel to be oppressed by a black woman? Does it hurt physically as much as it does emotionally? Only white men should be oppressors, right?
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@FLRW
"Harris leads Trump 44% to 42% in US presidential race, Reuters/Ipsos poll finds"

Now you can understand why MAGA is so triggered.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Best.Korea
How does it feel to see a political party in shambles?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Best.Korea
"Harris leads Trump 44% to 42% in US presidential race, Reuters/Ipsos poll finds"

Cool story bro. Now find me the polls where kamala wins any of the swing states and not just 99.9% of California and New York.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Greyparrot
Looks like Trump will lose to a woman. Sad day. MAGA cries. End of democracy. End of the world. Nothing makes sense anymore. Why is this happening to our president who sacrificed his ear to save democracy?
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Greyparrot
MAGA loses another election. Shameful display.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@FLRW
Does anyone really believe Harris is the Democratic candidate most likely to block another Trump term? Unable to conceal Biden’s infirmity any longer, panicked Democratic leaders forced the president out of the 2024 race. They have a chance to put forward a strong candidate in a high-stakes election that is likely to be close. If they swiftly coronate Harris, Democrats would be elevating one of the weakest candidates available.
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@HistoryBuff
let me get this straight, if the democrats put up a candidate for an election, that's the end of democracy? The republican candidate tried to overthrow an election through violence, but it's kamela harris that is ending democracy?
It's a classic argument tactic that has shown itself quite effective. I believe it's called "I know you are but what am I?"
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Greyparrot
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Greyparrot
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Greyparrot
Welcome back!
HistoryBuff
Debates: 0
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
Regardless, the public got the worst kind of bait and switch, and that is far from democratic. But nothing unexpected from the party that politically censored Bernie Sanders for being too popular.
I don't disagree with that. But the US system is designed to be undemocratic. The electoral college, the senate having a 2 party system. All of it is designed to suppress the voices of some groups and massively amplify the voices of others. 

But let's not pretend like you actually care about democracy. Republicans do undemocratic stuff all the time. Like gerrymandering, voter restrictions to suppress turnout, purging voter rolls. Oh, and a violent coup to overthrow election results. Let's not forget that.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Greyparrot
At least they pretend to have elections. DNC didn't even put up that much effort to install Kamala.
This is such a stupid argument, but it's been floating around right wing circles so let's for a minute pretend it's actually serious.

Democracy is a system by which voters choose their own government leaders. What is not an element of democracy is forcing someone to run for office after they made their own decision to exit the race.

By the time Biden made that decision, the primary races were already over. There is no practical way to set up an entire primary process over again at this point, that's common sense.

Moreover, when democratic voters voted for the Biden/Harris ticket, they literally voted for Kamala to be the replacement for Biden should he ever exit politics,  regardless of circumstance. So replacing Biden with Harris is the only choice which honors the will of those who actually voted.

That's not the end of democracy, it's how democracy works.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
When voters had an actual democratic choice between Biden and Harris in 2019, she lost big time. It's unreasonable to think a vote for Biden was a vote for Harris.
Wrong. Every Democrat is fine with the process. Nobody cares what a libertarian thinks. You’re just upset because this means Trump loses.

And you are a closeted MAGA MORON 

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
  • Cool story bro. Now find me the polls where kamala wins any of the swing states and not just 99.9% of California and New York.
Repeat. Reported as spam. 

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@ILikePie5
Welcome back!
Why was he banned? Spamming?

whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@Greyparrot
I've deleted two instances of you repeating one of the above posts, namely this one, since you just repeated the same post tagging or not tagging someone else. Please refrain from spam posting.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@whiteflame
Why not ban him? He’s a spammer.
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
Because spam posting is generally not a basis for banning someone unless it's absurdly over the top, but thanks for the note.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
Why was he banned? Spamming?
He wasn’t banned. He was on vacation
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@ILikePie5
He wasn’t banned. He was on vacation
I’m guessing Thailand. A middle aged white guy goes to Thailand all alone. That’s not good

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
Sorry, I was having a fun vacation. :)
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
But let's not pretend like you actually care about democracy.
I don't, but there is a party that most definitely pretends.
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@Greyparrot
But let's not pretend like you actually care about democracy.
I don't, but there is a party that most definitely pretends.
It is ironic.

However dubious the constitutional originalists might be of "mob rule", however much he may point to the need to temper it with courts and representatives, however much he might be called "undemocratic" for these points; it is so fantastically easy to "love democracy" more than the people trying to stab it to death that the right-tribe has become its champions.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
BLM And Black Voters REJECT Kamala Harris As They DEMAND Open Primary After Coup Against Biden!
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@Greyparrot
Why would they want to pass up the chance to have her cackle about how she gets to smoke weed without consequences while putting people in jail for 40,000 years for doing the exact same thing?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@whiteflame
Thank you.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
Oh no doubt, the cackler in chief would be a godsend for this country. I just find it funny how the deep state does its performative theatre just like they have done all 4 years of Biden.
Sidewalker
Debates: 8
Sidewalker
We can steal an election after the voting, or we can steal an election before the voting, what's the difference?

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Sidewalker
Just don't call it an election during the coronation ceremony.