Read-only
Total: 292
Barney
Debates: 53
Barney
-->
@ILikePie5
Got a confusing answer about timelines.

So probably I must die, but not guaranteed.
WyIted
Debates: 28
WyIted
AustinL0926
Debates: 33
AustinL0926
Slow moving day and sadly I am too busy to speed it up significantly.

I 100% believe Barney's claim. He is locktown never rescind for me. You can consider this a breadcrumb.

I suspect scum is pretty happy with the current threadstate. I think we ought to pressure Pie - his push on Barney makes him scummier than random chance and he's been unusually quiet.
Savant
Debates: 23
Savant
-->
@AustinL0926
He is locktown never rescind for me. You can consider this a breadcrumb.
I assume saying Barney is confirmed town is one of Austin's weird gambits. Honestly though. I think a reaction test like this is more likely to harm town than help it.
Casey_Risk
Debates: 3
Casey_Risk
-->
@ILikePie5
Honestly, I've been townreading Whiteflame so far. As such, I'm not much interested in getting his claim right now. I'd rather get a claim from Owen or JoeBob, actually. Owen hasn't really contributed anything of substance to this thread yet. I realize that seems to be par for the course for him given his behavior in the other two games he's participated in so far, but I'd still like to see some actual activity from him. JoeBob as well. 
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
-->
@Savant
He is locktown never rescind for me. You can consider this a breadcrumb.
I assume saying Barney is confirmed town is one of Austin's weird gambits. Honestly though. I think a reaction test like this is more likely to harm town than help it.
It's not a gambit. His role fits perfectly with mine.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
I don't support Whiteflame claiming.
Why?
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@AustinL0926
I suspect scum is pretty happy with the current threadstate. I think we ought to pressure Pie - his push on Barney makes him scummier than random chance
Odd that you push me instead of the 3 other people. One of whom didn’t even believe he was scum

and he's been unusually quiet.
I’ve posted the most or second most
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Casey_Risk
Honestly, I've been townreading Whiteflame so far. As such, I'm not much interested in getting his claim right now. I'd rather get a claim from Owen or JoeBob, actually. Owen hasn't really contributed anything of substance to this thread yet. I realize that seems to be par for the course for him given his behavior in the other two games he's participated in so far, but I'd still like to see some actual activity from him. JoeBob as well.
I would like to hear from those two as well. I’m trying to think of the best way to lock scum in their characters without us revealing too much info, but with 2 themes it’s hard 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@AustinL0926
If you’re what I think you are, it’s a scummy role and frankly SOP
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
I'd like to go back through the DP tomorrow and give my reads some more thought, but I do want to at least give some idea of who's in my own pile:

Barney's claim just doesn't strike me as something scum would risk. Combine that with the early softclaim of being a misogynist and I just don't buy that he'd throw this out quickly as a fake claim. Similarly, because he's supporting him based on his own role (no, I'm not going to start theorizing on what his role is) Austin comes off as town to me. I'm not sure he's as thoroughly confirmed as Austin would like to believe, but this at least strongly limits his role claim and potentially supports an existing townread claim, which I don't think Austin would do as scum.

Casey is a bit more of a behavioral based on how I've seen them play as scum as well as how their reads have comes across so far. I also just don't think Casey would be as likely to delve into discussions in another thread if they were working out a plan with their scum team. It's focusing outside the bounds of the game, but that's my read on it.

That's all I've got for now. I'm tempted to put Owen in my town pile, but that would largely be on the back of his mostly AI-generated post and being among the first to post "I win with the town" (it's harder to read those who followed him to that same wording), and his contributions beyond that have largely just been very short posts, so it's harder to read him as a whole. I need to do a deeper delve into everyone else, so I'll likely make a larger post to that effect tomorrow.

AustinL0926
AustinL0926
I suspect scum is pretty happy with the current threadstate. I think we ought to pressure Pie - his push on Barney makes him scummier than random chance
Odd that you push me instead of the 3 other people. One of whom didn’t even believe he was scum
You were the only one who kept pushing for a claim.

and he's been unusually quiet.
I’ve posted the most or second most
And it's been pushing low-hanging fruit like Barney. You then tried to vote whiteflame who has objectively not been any scummier than other players off some weak reasoning of "he got caught last time off his claim". Then you go back to saying we can policy lynch Barney. Where's the genuine scumhunting?

AustinL0926
AustinL0926
-->
@ILikePie5
If you’re what I think you are, it’s a scummy role and frankly SOP
I am not what you think I am.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@AustinL0926
You were the only one who kept pushing for a claim.
Yes, I did. What’d you want me to do? Just sit there while nothing happens?

And it's been pushing low-hanging fruit like Barney.
It’s a start. We’re somewhere now at the very least. We have a course of action. Scum would love to run the clock and then vote last minute. Now we have a plan. Find someone better or just go with Barney cause he’s a liability down the stretch.

You then tried to vote whiteflame who has objectively not been any scummier than other players off some weak reasoning of "he got caught last time off his claim".
I’m not voting WF because I think he’s scum. I’m voting him because he’s hard to read + the fact that he failed in fake claiming last time. Better to get him out of the way early because scum have a hard time fake claiming early on. And let’s get this straight, no one else thinks anyone is scum either besides you, and I’m not voting myself, so I took the liberty of pushing.

Then you go back to saying we can policy lynch Barney. Where's the genuine scumhunting?
I said if there’s no alternative, be lynch Barney because he may be a liability. 

As for where’s the scum hunting, what do you think I’ve been doing since the beginning? It’s disingenuous to think I’ve not been scum hunting and have been “inactive” when I’ve been one of the most frequent posters.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@AustinL0926
I am not what you think I am.
Fair enough
Savant
Savant
-->
@ILikePie5
Find someone better or just go with Barney cause he’s a liability down the stretch.

I’m not voting WF because I think he’s scum. I’m voting him because he’s hard to read + the fact that he failed in fake claiming last time.
It's lines like this that make people suspect you. From my POV, you have moved from null to scum leaning for this (and that's being generous). If you're town, policy lynching is just lazy.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@AustinL0926
Youre also forgetting that I’ve asked multiple people multiple questions to get reads, but ya go one about how I’m not scunhunting. Frankly, we wouldn’t be here without me. Y’all are like deer in headlights when I’m not around
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Savant
It's lines like this that make people suspect you. From my POV, you have moved from null to scum leaning for this (and that's being generous). If you're town, policy lynching is just lazy.
What? We objectively cannot allow Barney to be alive at MYLO/LYLO because scum can quick hammer. At some point we have to get rid of him, assuming he’s telling the truth about Hated and Wylted’s response to him
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@AustinL0926
@Savant
Anyways, I’m going to stop this from going down a rabbithole. My role is confirmable
Savant
Savant
-->
@ILikePie5
We objectively cannot allow Barney to be alive at MYLO/LYLO because scum can quick hammer.
First let's assume Barney is likely town, since if he's scum he'll be found out in MYLO/LYLO. Your argument is basically "scum will lynch Barney, so we should lynch Barney first."
Savant
Savant
-->
@ILikePie5
My role is confirmable
How confirmable? Mine is hypothetically confirmable, but it's a matter of luck.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Savant
First let's assume Barney is likely town, since if he's scum he'll be found out in MYLO/LYLO. Your argument is basically "scum will lynch Barney, so we should lynch Barney first."
If Barney is town and he’s there are LYLO, scum win. Let me do the math for you. Barney’s role means that it takes one less vote to lynch him. So let’s assume in this game there are 8 town and 2 scum. LYLO is at 3-2, meaning it takes 3 votes to lynch. If Barney is town and there are LYLO, it would only take 2 votes to lynch him which scum have. At MYLO they would still need a townie per the math because at 4-2 it takes 4 or lynch normally and 3 to lynch a hated and scum have 2. So we automatically lose if it’s every LYLO with Barney, which can be a problem cause at LYLO, POE and odds are highest.

How confirmable? Mine is hypothetically confirmable, but it's a matter of luck.
It’s confirmable. 
JoeBob
JoeBob
-->
@ILikePie5
If Barney is town and he’s there are LYLO, scum win. Let me do the math for you. Barney’s role means that it takes one less vote to lynch him. So let’s assume in this game there are 8 town and 2 scum. LYLO is at 3-2, meaning it takes 3 votes to lynch. If Barney is town and there are LYLO, it would only take 2 votes to lynch him which scum have. At MYLO they would still need a townie per the math because at 4-2 it takes 4 or lynch normally and 3 to lynch a hated and scum have 2. So we automatically lose if it’s every LYLO with Barney, which can be a problem cause at LYLO, POE and odds are highest.
Let’s get Barney out either next DP or the one after then, that way we have no risk of that happening.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@JoeBob
Let’s get Barney out either next DP or the one after then, that way we have no risk of that happening.
That’s my point, it doesn’t matter when we get rid of him, but we just do. That’s why we look for alternatives, and worst case if there’s a time crunch and we lynch him. Best case he’s scum, worse case, he helps with POE. He’s more likely than not town though because of what he did.
Lunatic
Lunatic
I think austin is kind of making a mountain out of a molehill on pies helping to pressure barney. But I don't think the pie push is scum motivated just misguided. 
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@ILikePie5
That’s my point, it doesn’t matter when we get rid of him, but we just do. That’s why we look for alternatives, and worst case if there’s a time crunch and we lynch him. Best case he’s scum, worse case, he helps with POE. He’s more likely than not town though because of what he did
I generally don't like policy lynching like this, but in this case it actually makes sense if his role doesn't change at MYLO/LYLO. That said I still don't really wanna lynch him unless he confirms that he doesn't convert to normal lynchee in that situation, because its a strong claim that matches the role. And he was the first to claim and it matches that character perfectly. 
Lunatic
Lunatic
I've got a behavioral/ gut read on casey. Him not getting the jokes on page 1, plus his reads in general feel like they are "trying too hard" to appear town to me. It's like he's saying a lot without making any actual points. Like trying to oversell it. "Hey I look active, and therefore I must be town!"  It is kind of reminding me of his scum play in both COC and Upick. I could be over reading into it, but yeah casey seems a bit scummy to me right now so, vtl casey
Savant
Savant
-->
@ILikePie5
I get the math, but how is us killing Barney now better than scum killing him at MYLO? I guess killing Barney now is slightly better than killing a different town member, but it's still way worse than killing scum. Better to have a town vote on our side as long as possible to increase our odds of eliminating scum.
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
my god for the first time in my life I'm townreading Savant

Luna kinda towny because I had the same thought on Casey

I still wanna pressure Pie because his attitude to policy lynching is weird af.
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
Also my role is confirmable, highly suggestive of town (at least it would be broken in the hands of scum), and cannot be roleblocked, if I don't confirm by MYLO then feel free to lynch me.