Villainous Villains DP1

Author: Lunatic

Read-only
Total: 465
Cerulean
Debates: 0
Cerulean
Well, you have sounded like you think that's true for any role claim this game.
WyIted
Debates: 28
WyIted
-->
@Mharman
Here are the only roles I consider a PR

1. Doctor
2. Cop

And if you are legitimately either one of those you would be a target for an NK the first night anyway. 

WyIted
WyIted
If you are not one of those than you are probably just overestimating the impact of your role
Cerulean
Cerulean
Here are the only roles I consider a PR

1. Doctor
2. Cop
Is this a terminology difference? I use "PR" to refer to any role that has any active ability pretty much.
Mharman
Debates: 23
Mharman
-->
@WyIted
I'm not overestimating the usefulness, trust me.
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Cerulean
Is this a terminology difference? I use "PR" to refer to any role that has any active ability pretty much.
Lately on this site it feels like almost every role is active
ILikePie5
Debates: 3
ILikePie5
-->
@Cerulean
It’s sorta a mix of your definition and his. Something like Tracker/Watcher would also be a PR, but something like say Hider wouldn’t be a PR imo.
Cerulean
Cerulean
(The reason I'm hesitating here is because I'm trying to intuit what Mhar is claiming to decide if it's worth forcing out or not)
WyIted
WyIted
If hypothetically he was town, it makes sense if he is hated town or PGO and just trying to  do this. Maybe even popular town. I wouldn't consider those power roles just roles he might want to hide. I can't thinknof a PR he would want to hide this much

WyIted
WyIted
I guess if he can't think of a pr like that either it could explain why after saying it he is struggling to come up with a claim
Cerulean
Cerulean
I can think of a few roles that one might want to hide that become zero/negative utility when claimed. Caroler, any flavor of Veteran-like. Camp Cadaver's Park Ranger, though I somehow doubt that that one is present in the game. Maybe Babysitter, although that one doesn't actually become zero utility.

WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Cerulean
I have no clue what any of those roles are but am curious.
Savant
Savant
-->
@ILikePie5
Back off Mharman, dude. He's hinted at the importance of his role, and scum would have fake claimed by now. If we don't know it by d2 or d3, or he'll look sus.
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Savant
Not after he literally took back both a role and a character claim. My guess isnhe can't come up with something or he feels there is too high a risk of getting CCed. There is not a single role other than a lynch activated role that I would want to use that I would refuse to claim after all of this.
Savant
Savant
-->
@WyIted
What claim did he retract?
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Savant
He said he was jack shitt a 2023 horror movie villain and that his role was flying g pumpkin who shoots layers beams out of his ass, which is a real role
Owen_T
Debates: 26
Owen_T
I'm learning so much about Mafia. 
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@WyIted
You've gotta be kidding me. It was a smartass way of saying I ain't claiming. "Jack and shit" and is a phrase that means "nothing." The pumpkin role is the most ridiculous role I know about.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Savant
Back off Mharman, dude. He's hinted at the importance of his role, and scum would have fake claimed by now. If we don't know it by d2 or d3, or he'll look sus.
Scum would do the exact same thing. Put him at L-1. His utility is already done anyways cause scum now know he has a PR.
Savant
Savant
-->
@ILikePie5
 His utility is already done anyways cause scum now know he has a PR.
Not if doc stays on him. But he might be the doc, and I'd rather scum don't know one way or the other.
Cerulean
Cerulean
-->
@WyIted
No offense, Wyl, but Mhar doesn't strike me as that incompetent. He wrote up an entire readslist earlier- I have doubts he would... what, hard claim a Vigilante-like role and then retract it like that? It reads a lot more like pissed-off snark.

(for the record: Caroler can grant an investigation result to someone but fails if they're visited, Veteran shoots visitors, Park Ranger heals visitors, Babysitter protects people but kills instead if they die during the night- all of these change drastically if scum team knows your claim)
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Savant
He has 6 people wagoning him and is refusing to claim until he’s put at L-1. Just place the vote. We will see his claim, and then make a determination.
Savant
Savant
-->
@ILikePie5
He's doing what Luna did during the last game. I'm not going to push someone for a role just because.
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@ILikePie5
We will see his claim, and then make a determination.
Look at him setting it up.
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Savant
Give me your reads list please. 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Savant
Not if doc stays on him. But he might be the doc, and I'd rather scum don't know one way or the other.
If he’s Doc, he could probably self protect too. It doesn’t matter cause we don’t know what scum have. You can’t let someone get away from L-1 just cause they say they’re a PR. If they’re a PR, their utility is gone anyways, and they’re a top target. Town or scum can do the same thing and get away with it. It’s stupid 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Savant
He's doing what Luna did during the last game. I'm not going to push someone for a role just because.
There is a behavioral reason that I already explained. If you want to back off, fine. We still have 5 people to place at L-1, but backing away is stupid and setting a bad precedent 
Cerulean
Cerulean
-->
@ILikePie5
@Owen_T
This is a bit of a mess, to be frank!

This back-and-forth is sucking the air out of the thread, in my opinion.

Pie, do you have any reads at the moment that don't rely on Mhar being scum? This is an intentional redirection, to be frank- I've seen scum hide behind plausible-looking deathtunnels before. Humor me, at least for a few minutes.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Mharman
Look at him setting it up.
Lmfao, if your role is that valuable then I will back off. I’ve done it countless times.
Savant
Savant
-->
@WyIted
I haven't done reads lists as of late since they tend to give me tunnel vision. Are you asking because you trust my insight or because you suspect I might be scum?