Author: Lunatic

Read-only
Total: 465
ILikePie5
Debates: 3
ILikePie5
-->
@AustinL0926
I still don't really understand the basis for the Mharman wagon here. At this point in the game, with no strong reads,  we ought to assume that making a random person claim is negative expected value for town, as they're more likely to be a townie forced to reveal their role than a scum locked into a claim.
Speak for yourself. My read on Mharman is strong. 

Can you explain what part of Mharman's response is alignment indicative?
Yes. Read what Mharman wrote:

As for the Wylted train, I don't think it's that great of an idea to get his claim. All that's going to do is help scum sort out who has the stronger PRs from the weaker ones. Sure, they'd be doing a lot of guesswork, but I'll be educated guesswork, and I'm not comfortable giving them more information to work with.
Getting Wylted’s claim is going to help scum sort out stronger PRs from weaker ones? The only way it would help scum is if Wylted is town, but if Mharman is town, he cannot possibly be this certain that Wylted is town and claiming will help scum figure out who has PRs and not. Even Mharman only said Wylted was slight town, so this confidence does not make much sense.

Essentially, this comment comes from an informed scum perspective where he knows Wylted is town.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Mharman
Ur functionally at L-1. Please full claim immediately 
AustinL0926
Debates: 33
AustinL0926
-->
@ILikePie5
Speak for yourself. My read on Mharman is strong. 
I was referring to making Wylted claim at the time, if it wasn't clear.

Getting Wylted’s claim is going to help scum sort out stronger PRs from weaker ones? The only way it would help scum is if Wylted is town, but if Mharman is town, he cannot possibly be this certain that Wylted is town and claiming will help scum figure out who has PRs and not. Even Mharman only said Wylted was slight town, so this confidence does not make much sense.
On average,  Wylted is more likely to be town than scum, which means that him claiming will benefit scum in most gamestates. You're reading too much into the way that Mharman phrased things.
AustinL0926
Debates: 33
AustinL0926
Yeah, Pie is probably town because I've seen him pull this before, but I'm not going to be joining this wagon.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@AustinL0926
On average,  Wylted is more likely to be town than scum, which means that him claiming will benefit scum in most gamestates. You're reading too much into the way that Mharman phrased things.
By that logic, everyone is more likely to be town on average. But he himself admitted that it’s fine to get claims from someone we FOS.

Yeah, Pie is probably town because I've seen him pull this before, but I'm not going to be joining this wagon.
That’s fine, we already have 5 anyways.
Casey_Risk
Casey_Risk
Y'know, I'm starting to see where Pie is coming from. We typically have at least one or two full claims before the end of DP1, and right now we have none. I think it would be a good idea for us to get one or two, and while I still think that Mharman is more likely town than scum, he's the only one right now where I feel like there is at least some genuine reason for sussing him. I understand why he might not want to claim if he is town (I don't want to have to fullclaim DP1 either), but we should probably be pursuing a claim from someone at least.

I'm also reluctant to put Mharman at L-1, but consider me on the wagon. I'll go back and reread the whole DP later. For now, I'm going to log off for a bit. I'm going to go see Twisters!
Lunatic
Lunatic
Vote Count

mharman- 4/6- Wytled, iLikePie5, OwenT, joebob
Joebob- 1/6-Cerulean

Mharman
Debates: 23
Mharman
-->
@Savant
@WyIted
@JoeBob
@Casey_Risk
@Owen_T
My character is Jack Shit and my role is the Flying Pumpkin That Shoots Laser Beans out of its Ass.

Get off my wagon; it’s only gonna do more harm than good.
Owen_T
Debates: 26
Owen_T
Wait. Im confused. Pumkins don't have asses.

Seriously though, the mafia would allready know from your refusal if you are important. There is no harm in telling us now.
WyIted
Debates: 28
WyIted
-->
@Mharman
Definitely not, because if you are trying to soft claim what I think you are trying to soft claim than that is my role.

Owen_T
Owen_T
-->
@Mharman
tag
Owen_T
Owen_T
-->
@Mharman
Can you at least say the character
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Mharman
My character is Jack Shit and my role is the Flying Pumpkin That Shoots Laser Beans out of its Ass.

Get off my wagon; it’s only gonna do more harm than good.
What is Jack Shit? Do you have a link? And what is your justification 
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Mharman
@Casey_Risk
I don't want to reveal my role but the role he is appearing to soft claim is my role. We need to lynch him
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@ILikePie5
@WyIted
It's sarcasm headasses
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Mharman
It's sarcasm headasses
You have 6 people on your wagon. Are you going to claim or not?
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@ILikePie5
I don't trust you and I'm curious about your claimhunting. Your logic is BS and I think you know it. Are you scum or TP? Trying to figure that out.
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@ILikePie5
Jack schitt us apparently a 2023 horror film and it's like a slasher film. I think once he soft claimed my role and I noticed it, he is trying to change his character and claim he was joking
WyIted
WyIted
  • https://www.facebook.com/JJHProductions1/posts/jack-shit-is-nominated-for-best-comedy-horror-and-best-monsterdemonvillain-at-th/1382277589246217/

Cerulean
Debates: 0
Cerulean
Unvote (this was a stale vote on joebob)

I can imagine what soft you might think is being talked about here, though I'm not certain we're on the same page about it. Hm. Avoiding a claim at L-2 is interesting considering if your role is as important as you seem to be portraying, you'd probably want to... not get lynched.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Mharman
I don't trust you and I'm curious about your claimhunting. Your logic is BS and I think you know it. Are you scum or TP? Trying to figure that out.
My logic is great and I caught you, so now you’re gonna OMGUS. Full claim, or we have the numbers to lynch you.
WyIted
WyIted
I think I found the trailer for it

https://youtu.be/dK3WsItlsko?si=6Wh6Tt2vBnM5-wUm
Cerulean
Cerulean
-->
@Mharman
Mhar, is there anything in particular about Pie's reasoning that makes you think it's not genuine rather than a villager deathtunneled on you?
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Cerulean
Unvote (this was a stale vote on joebob)

I can imagine what soft you might think is being talked about here, though I'm not certain we're on the same page about it. Hm. Avoiding a claim at L-2 is interesting considering if your role is as important as you seem to be portraying, you'd probably want to... not get lynched.
He’s already setting up the OMGUS. If you support him full claiming, it makes 7 people
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@WyIted
 he is trying to change his character and claim he was joking
Look me dead in the eyes and tell me this is a role that Lunatic would put in his games.

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@WyIted
Jack schitt is apparently a 2023 horror film and it's like a slasher film. I think once he soft claimed my role and I noticed it, he is trying to change his character and claim he was joking
He says it was sarcasm, which is odd when there are 6 confirmed people on the wagon
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Savant
@Casey_Risk
He’s not going to listen until you put him at L-1.
Cerulean
Cerulean
-->
@WyIted
Jack schitt us apparently a 2023 horror film and it's like a slasher film. I think once he soft claimed my role and I noticed it, he is trying to change his character and claim he was joking
Are we actually taking this claim at face value? I immediately assumed he was screwing around.
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@ILikePie5
Now I am finding out it is a real role not a soft claim and his character is a horror movie villain.

It looks like he made a role claim and a character claim and is trying to back out of both. This is beyond suspicious. I don't even care what he claims at this point. You can't just take back a claim and get away with it, and if you can I am doing it next time I am scum
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Cerulean
I immediately assumed he was screwing around.
I have never seen him make a joke. Either that or it was so lame I could not register it as a joke. So I don't believe it his meta. I could buy it more if it wasn't an actual villain from a horror movie he claimed and apparently a real role.