Evidence JD Vance was the correct pick

Author: WyIted

Total: 50
WyIted
Debates: 28
WyIted
The old guard is bitching and moaning about JD Vance being the future of the republican party along with other associates of the PayPal mafia such as Vivek Ramaswamy. 

Not that it matters. If you happen to be a neocon or a Wallstreet guy. Please know that your party was taken from you by an alliance of hillbillies and silicon valley tech billionaires and you deserve this, and it doesn't matter if you don't like it because you are bitches and pussies and will fall in line to do what the fuck you are told or you can just let lefties win and tax you at 75%. 

I personally cannot wait until That stupid slut Liz Cheny runs in 2028 and is publicly humiliated by Ramaswamy, and then fucking endorses him because she gets to eat a cookie and cry about how her and the evil people she associates with lost the party.
WyIted
WyIted
On Wednesday, an image that went viral on X noted that some of the most prominent Republicans were not taking part in the Republican National Convention.

The names included former President George W. Bush, former Vice President Mike Pence, 2012 Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney, former Rep. Liz Cheney (Wy.) and 2012 vice presidential nominee and former Speaker of the House Paul Ryan.

Each of these Republicans were, and are, committed to the neoconservative version of the GOP that guided and defined their party two decades ago. A fantasy world in which the Bush-Cheney administration remained the Republican archetype, the U.S. invading Iraq was the right decision, and, in that spirit, America’s number one mission today is to send taxpayer dollars to Ukraine to fuel an indefinite proxy war with Russia.

In their time, hawkish foreign policy was the primary definition of what it meant to be a Republican. That agenda is still definitely part of the party, particularly among its entrenched establishment. But at the top, the Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump has said the Bush administration “lied” Americans into Iraq in 2003. His vice presidential choice, Sen. JD Vance of Ohio, served in Iraq, now fiercely opposes that war, and also loudly rejects the U.S. funding of the Russia-Ukraine war.

Something is different now.

That’s exactly why so many Bushes, Cheneys, Romneys and their political cousins aren’t in Milwaukee this week: neoconservatives don’t dominate the party anymore.

And they’re mad.

After Trump announced Vance was his VP choice, Liz Cheney posted, that Vance “would capitulate to Russia and sacrifice the freedom of our allies in Ukraine.”

“The Trump GOP is no longer the party of Lincoln, Reagan or the Constitution,” Cheney added.

It’s worth reminding readers that Reagan was absolutely despised by the neoconservatives of his time for negotiating with Russia.
FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW
-->
@WyIted

Vance is a Con Man just like Trump. The memoir 'Hillbilly Elegy' was supposed to be about life in Appalachia and the struggles the region faces, but Vance's family didn't reside in Appalachia — they lived in Middletown, a place with over 50,000 people less than 45 minutes from Cincinnati.
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@WyIted
The old guard is bitching and moaning about JD Vance being the future of the republican party along with other associates of the PayPal mafia such as Vivek Ramaswamy. 
What did Ramaswamy say? I thought he liked JD.

Tidycraft
Tidycraft
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
You only know you have the wrong pick when the other side is happy.

Trump endorsed Biden for the nomination for example.
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
What did Ramaswamy say? I thought he liked JD.
I meant that ramaswamy was part of the politicians backed by the PayPal mafia like jd Vance. On reread I see how easy it is to misunderstand
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@FLRW
Vance is a Con Man just like Trump. The memoir 'Hillbilly Elegy' was supposed to be about life in Appalachia and the struggles the region faces, but Vance's family didn't reside in Appalachia — they lived in Middletown, a place with over 50,000 people less than 45 minutes from Cincinnati.
Oh wow. Now I will vote Biden who is honest. Yes the country will be worse off because of it, but it us far more important to be mad at a politician trying to appeal to the common man than it is that the country does good
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@WyIted
I don't know what the paypal mafia is but I understand that you're saying JD and Vivek are both favored by it and opposed by the old guard?
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
Pay pal mafia is Elon musk, Peter Thiel and a few others whose names escape me now. Essentially founders of PayPal who even after leaving PayPal made billions more
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@WyIted

C'mon Man, we are both voting for Trump. We can get the Debt up to $50 trillion and then the Dollar will be eliminated as the World Currency.
The USA will be Trump's biggest bankruptcy and then the Republican Party will be eliminated.
Let's do it !
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@FLRW
That is really retarded to think a non intervention and small government person is racking up more debt than the part sending billions to other countries so more people can die in war and expanding the government.

However, even if you are correct I still prefer that we have higher debt than the country be destroyed merely so we can reduce debt
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@WyIted

Remember that Trump increased the National Debt 40 percent when he was in office.
The “King of Debt” promised to reduce the national debt — then his tax cuts made it surge. Add in the pandemic, and he oversaw the third-biggest deficit increase of any president.
Tidycraft
Tidycraft
-->
@WyIted
Yes, tiny American men want destruction and war.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@WyIted
That is really retarded to think a non intervention and small government person is racking up more debt
Trump added more debt in 4 years than any other in history. 8 trillion.

He had a trillion dollar deficit long before the word COVID was ever heard.

TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog

Trump could have picked JD Vance as his VP, you would call it the correct choice.  If Trump made Tim Scott, DeSantis, Ramaswamy, Ben Carson, Kari Lake, or anyone similar his VP, then you would say the same thing.  On the flip side, the left would criticize Trump for whatever VP he chooses to pick.  I don't care who Trump has as his VP pick and am voting for RFK.
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
Trump added more debt in 4 years than any other in history. 8 trillion.

He had a trillion dollar deficit long before the word COVID was ever heard.
You are not far off from being correct, but what's the point in you saying that?  You aren't going to change Wylted's mind on Trump no matter how good your argument is (and Wylted won't change your mind no matter how good his pro Trump argument is).  

What do you get out of talking bad about Trump?  I hate Trump and I'm not voting for him, but what is your goal by talking about how bad Trump is?
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@FLRW
Trump could have picked JD Vance as his VP, you would call it the incorrect choice.  If Trump made Tim Scott, DeSantis, Ramaswamy, Ben Carson, Kari Lake, or anyone similar his VP, then you would say the same thing.  On the flip side, the right would praise Trump for whatever VP he chooses to pick.  I don't care who Trump has as his VP pick and am voting for RFK.

WyIted
WyIted
-->
@TheUnderdog
  If Trump made Tim Scott, DeSantis, Ramaswamy, Ben Carson, Kari Lake, or anyone similar his VP, then you would say the same thing. 
Wrong. Maybe ramaswamy because he went to school with JD Vance and runs in the same circles but Ben Carson and Kari lake would be a relief for neocons. 

I thought he had some terrible options. Nikki Haley for example would be a mistake. She is actually a fascist. I know the left thinks everyone on the right is a fascist but Nikki Haley really us and would require us to have ID to get on the internet. Also he was considering jack asses like Paul Ryan I believe. But you are right, the left was going to cry about anyone. 

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@TheUnderdog
What do you get out of talking bad about Trump?
By talking bad do you mean stating obvious facts?

hate Trump and I'm not voting for him, but what is your goal by talking about how bad Trump is?
So the MAGA MORONS understand they are morons 

TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
What do you get out of talking bad about Trump?
By talking bad do you mean stating obvious facts?
Yea; what do you get out of doing it?  A human is a moron if they think the earth is flat; but why would you take joy in trying to prove to them the earth is spherical?  I would just let them believe their delusions.

hate Trump and I'm not voting for him, but what is your goal by talking about how bad Trump is?
So the MAGA MORONS understand they are morons 
We agree on this, but MAGA people (especially the ones on DART) won't ever believe they are morons; they like Trump because of his vibes.  Trying to convince them to abandon Trump is like trying to convince me to stop liking Metallica (I don't know if I would vote for them if they ran for POTUS, but I just like their music).  Now, I'm smart enough to be able to separate Trump's policies from his vibes; so I view Trump as entertaining; but I wouldn't vote for him.  But Trump's supporters will plausibly never have the intelligence to separate Trump's vibes from his policy; so you trying to do that is unfortunately, pointless.
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog

What makes JD Vance a better pick than DeSantis or Ramaswamy?
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@TheUnderdog
Yea; what do you get out of doing it?  A human is a moron if they think the earth is flat; but why would you take joy in trying to prove to them the earth is spherical?  I would just let them believe their delusions.
That is not a way for the world to make progress 

Trying to convince them to abandon Trump
That is not my objective. You can’t change morons. My goal is for them to understand they are morons and they can never say nobody told them they were wack jobs for believing what they believe.

so I view Trump as entertaining;
You view a man who told a BIG LIE and tried to steal an election as “entertaining”?

He also tried to extort the President of Ukraine to lie for him.

He told the Justice Department to just say the election was rigged and let me and the Republicans in Congress handle the rest.

“Just say the election was corrupt and leave the rest to me and the Republican congressmen,” Trump implored top Justice officials in a Dec. 27, 2020, conversation memorialized in then-acting Deputy Attorney General Richard Donoghue's contemporaneous notes.Jun 23, 2022“

You are not a good citizen 

WyIted
WyIted
-->
@TheUnderdog
Jd Vance has broader appeal than ramaswamy but assuming it did not effect the end result it is about even. JD Vance is Peter Thiels boy and I think thiel should be putting his thumb on the scale. 

DeSantis I Do like but I don't think his policies are perhaps more about pwning the libs than about making real progress. His laws to attack free speech in certain. Ways also offend me. 
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
That is not a way for the world to make progress 
You live in Massachusetts.  Lets say you meet Daniel Tilt, who also lives in Massachusetts.  You hate Donald Trump; Daniel Tilt Loves Donald Trump.  You argue for dozens of hours, you spend so much energy that can be dedicated to other things; but at the end of all of it, you convince Daniel Tilt to become left wing enough to vote against Trump.

Did you really change anything?  No.  Massachusetts is going to vote for Biden whether or not you actually put in the effort to try and change Daniel Tilt's mind.

It's why honestly, I probably won't respond to your gun control posts; it's not that you are inheritely that rude to me, but politics is tiring and I would rather be doing other things with my energy and it gets too tiring.  In the rare case that I convince you of my gun control position (or vice versa), it won't change much; roughly the same proportion of the US population will still want AR 15s banned.

There almost certainly will never be a Trump supporter you meet on this website that is genuinely willing to have their mind changed on Trump because of you.  This isn't that you are bad at arguing; but to them; Trump is a god that will always be right.  When I entered this website, I was under the illusion that I was willing to have my mind changed.  I assumed everyone thought very similar to me.  Then as I got older; I didn't agree with things like an AR 15 ban; but I can understand why someone would; they have in their brains very high sensitivity to pain (which televised mass shootings produce a lot of) and I just don't have this high sensitivity to pain.  I won't be able to get rid of your high sensitivity to pain and you won't be able to get rid of my low sensitivity to pain, both of which are in our brains.  People like you would make a very good therapist to people with mental illness (especially a trans child); I would suck at that job.  Some child comes into your office and says they are trans and they need help dealing with transphobia; you would try and genuinely help them by forming social clubs; I would tell them to grow a thick skin.  People like me would be willing to work long and hard hours at a company; people like you wouldn't be willing to do that.  I deal with a 10 hour shift at a job; I can physically deal with that; you might be crying on the ground from all the hard work; it's internalized in me that I can deal with the pain since I know it's only temporary.

You need high sensitivity liberals and low sensitivity libertarians just like you need people inclined to math, people inclined to trades, people inclined to communicate, people inclined to teach, people inclined to be cops, firefighters, construction workers.

A generic state may have 55% of their vote going towards one party; a generic industry may have 80% of their vote going towards one party.  Different jobs require different brains; and different brains produce different ideologies.  We need the 1st and 2nd, therefore the 3rd must be at least tolerated in the name of diversity (which I would assume you believe is a strength).

That is not my objective. You can’t change morons. My goal is for them to understand they are morons and they can never say nobody told them they were wack jobs for believing what they believe.
If you believe that liking Trump = moron, then fine; that's what you believe.  The only way they would agree with this statement is if they renounce their former support for Trump and therefore stop being morons.  A Trump supporter isn't going to believe being a Trump supporter makes you a moron.

In order for them to understand being morons; they have to change being morons and not be morons anymore.
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
@wylted

His laws to attack free speech in certain. Ways also offend me. 
Bruh; you literally made a poll trying to kick me off of this website because I said something you personally found extremely repulsive.  You don't get to grandstand on free speech until you regret the poll you made.
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@TheUnderdog
It was a poll to ban statements such as the one that follows

Politician A is going to be at the Hilton on 3rd Avenue in Lake Marriot tomorrow. It sure would be bad for an assassin to drive a truck through the east wall which is very hard for security to cover.  
It wasn't directed at you

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@WyIted
It was a poll to ban statements such as the one that follows
This is coming from a guy who challenged me to an IQ contest and the loser had to commit suicide.

You are a typical MAGA MORON hypocrite. Absolutely clueless

TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog

That's not what the poll said.

The quote:

Latest update available so far

SO eat it. Now vote so we can ban hate speech against Trump

Hate speech is free speech.

This is coming from a guy who challenged me to an IQ contest and the loser had to commit suicide.

You are a typical MAGA MORON hypocrite. Absolutely clueless
Anyone who makes a bet like this does not have a high IQ.  If you turn out to have an IQ lower than Roosevelt, then you would have to commit suicide (about 50% chance).  Anyone who accepts the bet does not have a high IQ either.

I believe my IQ is higher than yours Wylted; but I'm smart enough to not bet my life on that claim because if I lose, then I have to commit suicide.  Even if I win, then you would have to commit suicide and then I get prosecuted by the state for encouraging suicide (because I really want people to honor their bets [which is why I don't make any] ).
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
You can't call me a moron if you are literally afraid to publicly test your IQ
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@WyIted
You can't call me a moron if you are literally afraid to publicly test your IQ
You are definitely a MAGA MORON because you don’t let facts influence what you believe.

You can’t try to ban people for comments about political violence against Trump when your candidate espouses political violence and you challenge people to commit suicide. Trump made jokes about the Paul Pelosi assault.

Can’t you see you are a typical white grievance MAGA MORON?