Trump after the shooting

Author: IlDiavolo

Total: 66
IwantRooseveltagain
Debates: 0
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@WyIted
So I think you are basing this off of stuff I hear the left say. For example that Trumo said there would be a bloodbath if he is not elected. Something which he did say but the left implies he is talking about mass riots or something when it was in the co text of losing trade wars with China. 
This is not an example of Trump lying. This is an example of Trump’s reckless, irresponsible rhetoric that has the potential to incite violence.

Can’t you list a valid example of his lying? Do you not of the intelligence to name a lie?

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@WyIted
So if I watch CNN and I see them claiming that Trump called for mass riots if he is not elected
CNN never said that. Now you are lying.

CNN said Trump’s reckless speech could cause violence. There’s a difference genius.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@HistoryBuff
Well, he does lie alot. But he already had one term and brought no real change at all. So I don't know why anyone would believe him.
Because his supporters are MAGA MORONS 

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@WyIted
Correct please ignore the fact that every mainstream republican and Democrat tried to stop him
That is evidence that he is a subversive who is unfit for the office.

HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@WyIted
Correct please ignore the fact that every mainstream republican and Democrat tried to stop him
and? he was born filthy rich. He went to all the same parties (including the ones where he raped children) as all the other elites. He's just painfully stupid, unqualified to lead anything, and EXTREMELY divisive and destructive in his lust for power. But once he had power, he did the exact same shit all of the republicans poor. IE screwing over poor people and helping the rich get richer. 

all of Hollywood and media has come out against him. 
again, and? He spews hate and division. That's literally his only quality the makes him different than other republicans. I guess he's dumber than alot of elected republicans. And that is a low bar to crawl under. 

He is definitely part of the ruling class and they love him
he is absolutely part of the ruling class. They hate his style. But his policies are no different than any other evil republican leader. 
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Tidycraft
That woman boss who let Trump get shot still has a job
Do you feel women are incompetent in general?

HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
Because his supporters are MAGA MORONS 
Morons doesn't even explain it. Even a stupid person can see lies right to their face. Trump lies about almost literally everything, so the lies are hard to miss. It isn't stupidity that makes them not see it, it's willful blindness. They see the lies and just block them out. They're cultists. 

IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
-->
@Double_R
I never said anything about impulsiveness, you made that up entirely, something I've grown exhaustingly used to from the right wingers on this site. One has to wonder if their arguments are so wrong why everyone needs to make up imaginary arguments to refute.
Yes, you never said it but it's implied in your argument. People get angry and fearful because of how impulsive Trump is when delivering his speech. And I don't think this is part of any strategy, Trump is being natural, he's truthfully expressing his frustration at the fuck-ups of Democrats.

Against the status quo is not a meaningful argument in any sense. All you're saying is that Trump is different from the others, and you're absolutely right. Unlike everyone else, Trump gets away with saying outrageous, vile, ignorant, bigoted, and insanely false things. That's why he stands out. It's entirely emotional and it's entirely negative.

If we (the political left in this country and the political right) were having a real debate the right wouldn't need to lie so brazenly over and over again at their own convention. How many times are they going to claim crime is out of control when it has fallen below what it was at the end of the Trump administration? How many times are we going to here about how Biden made us energy dependant while the US produces more oil than at any time in the nation's history?

They lie because they have no plan and no vision. So when you have no coherent policy platform to run on all you have is demonization of the other. Hence the strategy of fear and anger.
You're very careful in not mentioning how Democrats are destroying the whole system with their woke policies which is the main criticism Trump is doing against the current administration. For example, do you have any comment about the illegal inmigration? what about the woke agenda for schools and universities that Democrats are imposing? What about the unnecessary spending on Ukraine war? Not to mention the disaster in the economy that Biden is leaving.

As to the plan and vision of Trump, I heard he already have a plan to expell all the woke officials from the government. That's a good start.
IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
-->
@HistoryBuff
lol he's a billionaire. He has never actually worked a day in his life. His father handed him a business empire and other people mostly ran it for him. He is part of the ruling elite. Most of his policies from his 1st term were fear mongering bullshit, or standard cookie cutter republican terrible policy. Other than the fear and hate he spreads, he is the status quo. 
This is not the information I have about him. You either are lying or don't know what you're talking about.

HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@IlDiavolo
This is not the information I have about him. You either are lying or don't know what you're talking about.
what information do you have about him? His daddy was Uber rich. He got all his money and his company from daddy. He was on the verge of running it into the ground until the apprentice. No actually skilled rich guy would do the show because they were busy actually making money. so they went to trump. Trump leveraged his appearance on the apprentice to make people think he was actually a skilled businessman. And leveraged that reputation to make money, despite being stupid and not very good at business. 

He's never had to work. He inherited a butt load of money and a company. He has rubbed shoulders with the rich and powerful from the moment he was born. 

His policies as president can be broken into 3 categories. Standard republican stuff, which was the overwhelming majority of it (ie sell out the poor, make the rich richer), hate filled bullshit (like trying to ban muslims from entering the country), and stupid bullshit (things like telling people to take horse dewormer and injecting bleach to fight covid, or asking why they don't nuke hurricanes). 
Tidycraft
Tidycraft
-->
@HistoryBuff
If you hate rich people, why do you like the Bidens, Obamas, and Pelosis?
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@IlDiavolo
Yes, you never said it but it's implied in your argument. People get angry and fearful because of how impulsive Trump is when delivering his speech.
That has absolutely nothing to do with anything I argued. A strategy of fear and anger is when you rally your folks by consistently telling them that they are the victims and pointing to the "other" as the source of all their problems. That's why he focuses so hard on immigration, especially at the southern border. The message is that if you're not doing well in life it's because of those brown people over there taking your jobs. Or be afraid of those trans people coming for your kids, or maybe you'd be doing better if you didn't have to pay for all those "inner city" people on welfare, etc.

And you're right, it's not a strategy, it's an impulse, which is why Trump is able to lie so freely. Because when you're talking squarely to people's emotions facts don't matter.

do you have any comment about the illegal inmigration?
If you support Trump I couldn't care less what you have to say about immigration. Biden had his team negotiate with one of the most conservative republican senators in Congress and came up with the most extreme immigration bill drafted in our lifetimes and Trump killed the bill because he wanted to campaign on the border. If that doesn't bother you then you are a brazen political hack.

what about the woke agenda for schools and universities that Democrats are imposing?
Show me the bill Biden and Congressional democrats are pushing on this. I'll wait.

What about the unnecessary spending on Ukraine war?
Do you even understand why were defending Ukraine?

And are you aware that the money being spent on Ukraine defense is going to Americans right here at home?

Not to mention the disaster in the economy that Biden is leaving.
Are you joking? If Trump was president right now you guys would be bragging every single day about this economy.

Please show me one significant traditional economic indicator that is doing terribly.
Tidycraft
Tidycraft
-->
@Double_R
Biden had his team negotiate with one of the most conservative republican senators in Congress and came up with the most extreme immigration bill drafted in our lifetimes 

Why does your president need to negotiate with your congress to enforce existing laws? Does your president have no power to do this?

Do you even understand why were defending Ukraine?

And are you aware that the money being spent on Ukraine defense is going to Americans right here at home?

You really don't know where the money is going. Nobody does.

If Trump was president right now you guys would be bragging every single day about this economy.
And they would be lying just like you are.

TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
This is going to blow your mind, but maybe 80% of voters in the US don’t care about policy.  Democrats pretend they are anti war, until Obama increases the military budget, then they find excuses because they like Obama’s vibes.  Republicans act like the debt needs to be paid off, until Trump gets us deeper into debt, and then they find excuses because ultimately they like Trump’s vibes.

Few people care about policy.  They only actually care about vibes.  It’s why you can find a lot of Trump voters who like Jessie Ventura when he talks about conspiracy theories (because the right pretends they are anti establishment, even though Jessie Ventura believes Trump is a racist over his border wall).  It’s also why many democrats like George Bush; sure he did wars and torture, but hey; he gives off decorum vibes and he hates Trump, so more anti MAGA people like Bush than pro MAGA people.

You won’t be able to convince most people to vote for you based on policy.  You need good vibes.  It’s frustrating, but it’s true.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@IlDiavolo
This is not the information I have about him.
That’s because you lack critical thinking skills 

Moozer325
Debates: 19
Moozer325
Well it’s pretty clear by now to anyone watching this speech that he has not changed one bit.
WyIted
Debates: 29
WyIted
-->
@Moozer325
Well it’s pretty clear by now to anyone watching this speech that he has not changed one bit.
He seems to be reaching across the aisle but if you expected him not to be honest and talk about the failures of this administration the failures of the democratic party. He is making a case for why he is the better guy for the jib while simultaneously challenging the democratic party to focus on making the cou try better as opposed to using lawfare and trying to get social media companies to circumvent free speech. It sounds like something all sides can agree would be good things
Tidycraft
Tidycraft
-->
@WyIted
It's good vs evil, and the assassinators of an election are losing the trust.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@WyIted
social media companies to circumvent free speech
Free to spread lies and misinformation you mean

cristo71
Debates: 1
cristo71
-->
@IlDiavolo
I wasn’t able to hear his entire rewritten speech, but the difference between Trump before and after the shooting appears to be the bandage…

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Double_R
Please show me one significant traditional economic indicator that is doing terribly.
They can’t. But if you tell a lie a hundred times it becomes true when you’re dealing with morons

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@IlDiavolo
Still alive, minor injury to his right ear.

Crap shot, when you consider the bulky object 10cm to the left.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Tidycraft
If you hate rich people, why do you like the Bidens, Obamas, and Pelosis?
I didn't say I hate rich people. I also didn't say I like the Bidens, Obamas, or Pelosis. 
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@Tidycraft
Why does your president need to negotiate with your congress to enforce existing laws? Does your president have no power to do this?
Again, not worth typing words about this if you're unwilling to acknowledge Trump's role in maintaining the problem you purport to care so much about.

You really don't know where the money is going. Nobody does.

If Trump was president right now you guys would be bragging every single day about this economy.
And they would be lying just like you are.
Lying about what? Please... Break it down.
Sidewalker
Debates: 8
Sidewalker
-->
@IlDiavolo
I've been watching the RNC and I've seen Trump completely changed, he's not the same.
Sure he looked like  changed man right up to when he talked, same old Donald.
FLRW
FLRW

Actually, there are rich stupid people and there are rich smart people.
Tidycraft
Tidycraft
-->
@Double_R
Trump isn't your president (yet)

Not sure why he has anything to do with the question I asked. You have existing laws that are not enforcved.

Why must Biden negotiate with your congress to enforce those laws? Has your president no power to do this?

Our PM seems to have more power than your president.
IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
-->
@zedvictor4
Crap shot, when you consider the bulky object 10cm to the left.
Trump turned his head just before the shot, thats why he's still alive.

I heard the shooter practiced a lot and that he had little time to accomodate himself and shoot because people and the police realized inmediately what he was trying to do. 
DavidAZZ
DavidAZZ
-->
@TheUnderdog
You won’t be able to convince most people to vote for you based on policy.  You need good vibes.  It’s frustrating, but it’s true.
Unfortunately, you have hit the nail right on the head.  About 30-35% or democrats will vote democrat regardless if Biden is in a comatose state.  Just look at Fetterman.

About 30-35% of Republicans will vote Republican regardless if Trump is a dictator.  

It is the last 30-35% of voters that the vibe account for.  For example, a certain lady on social media (don't remember her name) was a life long democrat and after Trump got up with his fist in the air after the shooting, she changed her mind because she thought Trump looked "badass".  Screw policies, he just looked good.

DISCLOSURE: percentages are my own made up doing.  It may be more polarized than the 35%.

TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
-->
@DavidAZZ
Probably at this point, 90% of voters are vibes voters.  Like ask a generic democrat who likes Biden  why they prefer him to Dean Phillips; they will say they like Biden's vibes.  Same thing for Trump voters vs DeSantis.  Honestly, the same is true for why people prefer Jill Stein over Cornell West or vice versa. 

It's easier for a very charismatic preacher to spread a lie than it is for a boring person to spread the truth.