Trump after the shooting

Author: IlDiavolo

Total: 66
IlDiavolo
Debates: 0
IlDiavolo
I want to make it clear that this is not any sort of political propaganda.

I've been watching the RNC and I've seen Trump completely changed, he's not the same.

If you compare it to other appearences before the shooting, you'll see Trump's facial expression is totally different. Trump himself said that the shooting touched him very deeply and so it seems because I don't see the same arrogant, vain, fucking selfish person he used to be. When you see him now you can tell he's a good man.

It wouldn't be the first time that this happens to a person because I heard many times that when someone experiences a deadly situation he ends up changing his personality, usually for good.

Do you agree or is this just an impression?
Tidycraft
Tidycraft
-->
@IlDiavolo
It looked like he was crying at the convention.
Moozer325
Debates: 19
Moozer325
-->
@IlDiavolo
I haven’t been watching the RNC so far, but I really hope that you’re right.
Best.Korea
Debates: 350
Best.Korea
Yeah, he is a born again billionare pervert pussy grabber saved by God who for some reason chose to save Trump instead of all the children dying from cancer.
Tidycraft
Tidycraft
-->
@Best.Korea
God loves you too.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Tidycraft
Yeah, I am aware of that. But I dont love him.
IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
-->
@Best.Korea
Yeah, he is a born again billionare pervert pussy grabber saved by God who for some reason chose to save Trump instead of all the children dying from cancer.
I didn't mention any God.

If you want to rant on that "God" you think is out there pulling the strings of this world, then go to the religion section.
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@IlDiavolo
He did tell a reporter after the shooting that in that moment everything changed. I remain skeptical of that because nothing has ever caused him to change before, but tonight we'll get a better picture.

What I find interesting is if he really has changed how the base will respond. Trump's entire political strategy is based on making people angry and fearful. If he suddenly tries to run as the neighbor loving optimist how is that going to play out?

Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Double_R
If he suddenly tries to run as the neighbor loving optimist
It wouldnt surprise me. MAGA would be dumb enough to fall for it.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@IlDiavolo
Sorry, my bad.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Best.Korea
It wouldnt surprise me. MAGA would be dumb enough to fall for it.
They might believe it but the question is how do they feel about it? How will a base of people primarily driven by fear and anger suddenly respond to a platform of love and unity? It's difficult to imagine.
thett3
Debates: 2
thett3
-->
@IlDiavolo
I’ve gotten this impression too but we will see with his speech. I don’t think people really change that often, especially 78 year olds, but it does happen. More likely than a true change, a temporary one after a near death experience that is long enough to last for the remaining three months of the campaign is certainly possible too. 
Tidycraft
Tidycraft
-->
@thett3
Your election seems to be about good vs evil. I can't see anyone feeling good about an assassination.
IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
-->
@Double_R
What I find interesting is if he really has changed how the base will respond. Trump's entire political strategy is based on making people angry and fearful. If he suddenly tries to run as the neighbor loving optimist how is that going to play out?
Do you really think the base supports Trump because of his impulsiveness? No, bald man. The base supports him because he's against the status quo.

People want a radical change and Trump is promising that. So people will vote for him as long as he keep his promises.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@IlDiavolo
he's against the status quo.
So Trump wants to raise taxes on the rich and stop global warming?

Because right now the status quo is low taxes on the rich and the planet is getting steadily warmer.

So people will vote for him as long as he keep his promises.
Like the way Mexico paid for the wall and he eliminated the deficit and National Debt with 8% GDP growth. All things he promised 
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@IlDiavolo
People want a radical change and Trump is promising that. So people will vote for him as long as he keep his promises.
Narcissist Trumpet's change will be to institute even more  radical change as in ..' power to the insurrectionist movement.'.. that will make Jan 6th violence look like a neighborhood backyard hot dog/barbecue cookout.

The proof either way is always in the pudding.  So reach out and be first in line to reach out grab some pudding by the crotch.

This is only the first week, give Trumpet to change his face back to the king of the false narrative.

Our greatest hope is that women with moral integrity come together to stand for bodily autonomy and that there is enough men of courage to support those women and these moral integrity ideas.

Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@IlDiavolo
The base supports him because he's against the status quo.
The majority of people are the ones who created the status quo.

The main doctrine of majority always was "I hate what happens, but I wont do anything to change it. I will even help create that which I hate.".

DavidAZZ
DavidAZZ
-->
@IlDiavolo
@Double_R
@IwantRooseveltagain
People want a radical change . . .
It's not so much that we want radical change.  It's really that we want the radical changing to stop and to go back to a realistic government, which seems radical from where we are now.

Stop making everything in life about DEI.  Stop such perverseness such as gays and trans.  Stop spending so much money.  Stop the pork spending.  Stop the reaching into everyone's life.  Stop the spreading and support of  false narratives of global warming, evolution etc.

The US Government is quickly becoming big brother and turning into an Elitist system with a communist swing.

My only hope is that we don't vote in another elite.

I hope Trump "sees the light" in a lot of ways to make this country stronger.

Double_R
Double_R
-->
@IlDiavolo
Do you really think the base supports Trump because of his impulsiveness?
I never said anything about impulsiveness, you made that up entirely, something I've grown exhaustingly used to from the right wingers on this site. One has to wonder if their arguments are so wrong why everyone needs to make up imaginary arguments to refute.

Against the status quo is not a meaningful argument in any sense. All you're saying is that Trump is different from the others, and you're absolutely right. Unlike everyone else, Trump gets away with saying outrageous, vile, ignorant, bigoted, and insanely false things. That's why he stands out. It's entirely emotional and it's entirely negative.

If we (the political left in this country and the political right) were having a real debate the right wouldn't need to lie so brazenly over and over again at their own convention. How many times are they going to claim crime is out of control when it has fallen below what it was at the end of the Trump administration? How many times are we going to here about how Biden made us energy dependant while the US produces more oil than at any time in the nation's history?

They lie because they have no plan and no vision. So when you have no coherent policy platform to run on all you have is demonization of the other. Hence the strategy of fear and anger.
WyIted
Debates: 29
WyIted
-->
@Double_R
 What I find interesting is if he really has changed how the base will respond. Trump's entire political strategy is based on making people angry and fearful. If he suddenly tries to run as the neighbor loving optimist how is that going to play out
I assume he will still.try to save the country but soften his personality and show more empathy for those that do not know what they do
WyIted
WyIted
Trump gets away with saying outrageous, vile, ignorant, bigoted, and insanely false things. That's why he stands out. It's entirely emotional and it's entirely negative.
Watch CNN for one hour

I heard them just earlier claim the shooting was not politically motivated because the kid googled biden also. As if killing biden wouldn't also harm Trump's chances of winning. 
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@DavidAZZ
Stop making everything in life about DEI
You mean stop recognizing that there are other people out there who are not like you and entertaining the notion that it is in the best interest of all of us to understand eachother?

Stop such perverseness such as gays and trans.
So other people need to stop being who they are because it bothers you despite having nothing to do with you?

Stop the pork spending.
This has been happening on both sides for as long as legislation has existed. It's a product of a representative government and will never change.

Stop the reaching into everyone's life.
Agreed. Let's start with women.

Stop the spreading and support of  false narratives of global warming, evolution etc.
So you're anti science. Got it.

Double_R
Double_R
-->
@WyIted
Watch CNN for one hour

I heard them just earlier claim the shooting was not politically motivated because the kid googled biden also. As if killing biden wouldn't also harm Trump's chances of winning. 
What is your point? I don't want to assume your argument, could you please connect those dots?
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Double_R
What is your point? I don't want to assume your argument, could you please connect those dots?
Let me rephrase your argument to see if I understand you first .

Your argument according to my understanding.

Trump lies about things, unlike the left and his lies are somehow worse. 
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Double_R
Trump gets away with saying outrageous, vile, ignorant, bigoted, and insanely false things. That's why he stands out. It's entirely emotional and it's entirely negative.
So I think you are basing this off of stuff I hear the left say. For example that Trumo said there would be a bloodbath if he is not elected. Something which he did say but the left implies he is talking about mass riots or something when it was in the co text of losing trade wars with China. 
WyIted
WyIted
So if I watch CNN and I see them claiming that Trump called for mass riots if he is not elected and I Google his speech and see he is talking about a trade war, but this is literally everything they say that I Google. I think when you catch somebody lying over and over than perhaps you should just assume they are lying until they prove different. 

These aren't hyperbolic lies like Trump who says lies like "I had the biggest crowd" stuff that isn't meant to be taken literally and even if it were is harmless compared to telling democratic voters that if Trump loses Republicans are planning to hunt them down in the streets
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@IlDiavolo
Do you really think the base supports Trump because of his impulsiveness?
no, they love him because he spews the hate and fear they thrive on. 

lol he's a billionaire. He has never actually worked a day in his life. His father handed him a business empire and other people mostly ran it for him. He is part of the ruling elite. Most of his policies from his 1st term were fear mongering bullshit, or standard cookie cutter republican terrible policy. Other than the fear and hate he spreads, he is the status quo. 

People want a radical change and Trump is promising that.
Well, he does lie alot. But he already had one term and brought no real change at all. So I don't know why anyone would believe him.

WyIted
WyIted
-->
@HistoryBuff
He is part of the ruling elite.
Correct please ignore the fact that every mainstream republican and Democrat tried to stop him and that there was a suspicious amount of secret service failures in an assassination attempt and that all of Hollywood and media has come out against him. 

He is definitely part of the ruling class and they love him
Tidycraft
Tidycraft
-->
@WyIted
That woman boss who let Trump get shot still has a job. That's pretty corrupt. Even for normal Americans.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@WyIted
Trump lies about things, unlike the left and his lies are somehow worse. 
Right. Trump lied when he said he thought the election was stolen. That’s a pretty significant lie.