Trump just got Shot

Author: Owen_T

Total: 93
TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
-->
@Reece101
I wouldn't be surprised.  Actual libertarians hate Trump (because they view him as authoritarian).  The left's reason for hating Trump is his vibes.  Libertarians are too principled for that.
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
Libtards are in trouble now!
Moozer325
Debates: 13
Moozer325
Quick PSA

Turn out they identified the gunman, and now I’m confused.

He was a registered republican named Thomas Mathew Crooks, but he donated 15$ to a democrat PAC on the day Biden was sworn in.

I’d say it Isn’t a stretch to say this was still politically motivated, but not a fringe leftist as I thought.
Moozer325
Debates: 13
Moozer325
I still wouldn’t rule out just some random crackpot who didn’t care about politics though. If what we are told about the JFK assassination is true, it was mostly just because Oswald wasn’t super right in the head. 

Not likely, but possible.
ILikePie5
Debates: 3
ILikePie5
-->
@Double_R
One deranged 20 year old does not compare to a sitting president trying to steal an election and an entire movement trying to hand him back power.
Yep, Trump is fascist, a threat to democracy, and literally Hitler.
cristo71
Debates: 1
cristo71
-->
@Owen_T
Thankfully, he's fine.
Good on you for genuinely expressing this. It is a sentiment which is in doubtful supply in these troubled times…

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@WyIted
You're a retard if you took fight to mean actually get physical and start punching politicians. I have heard Nancy Pelosi say fight for the country as well and nobody assumed she meant to start punching people. 

Are you a retard who thinks when somebody days fight for your country they meen get physical? Or are you just a liar?
Turns out if you call someone a fascist, literally Hitler, and a threat to democracy, there’s gonna be someone out there who thinks they’re doing the right thing by killing Trump.

DoubleR is being disingenuous. Anything to satisfy his pre-conceived biases
cristo71
cristo71
-->
@ILikePie5
(Whom does this sound like?):

Remember that Hitler also survived an assassination attempt.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Moozer325
Quick PSA

Turn out they identified the gunman, and now I’m confused.

He was a registered republican named Thomas Mathew Crooks, but he donated 15$ to a democrat PAC on the day Biden was sworn in.

I’d say it Isn’t a stretch to say this was still politically motivated, but not a fringe leftist as I thought.
He probably registered as a Republican to vote Nikki Haley to vote against DJT. PA is a closed primary state
cristo71
cristo71
-->
@Moozer325
he donated 15$ to a democrat PAC on the day Biden was sworn in.
Cite? I ask because a minor is not allowed to donate to a PAC.

Edit: the age math would be close, but possible, I guess!
WyIted
Debates: 27
WyIted
-->
@cristo71
Cite? I ask because a minor is not allowed to donate to a PAC.
I remember a story about a minor giving the change he saved up for over a year to Obama and Obama brought it up. I can't verify the story but Obama supporters were using it as an example of how passionate people were about him and his opponents were using it to show Obama was an asshole for actually accepting the loose change
WyIted
WyIted
Personally I think biden should have accepted it because it makes the kids feel.like he was contributing to something bigger than himself,  but now I wonder if Obama technically violated campaign finance laws
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@Reece101
I'm wanting Trump dead so Mr. Jan 6 isn't in charge.  If Trump never did Jan 6, then I would be against his assassination attempt.  But treason should merit the death sentence.
Reece101
Reece101
-->
@TheUnderdog
I wouldn't be surprised.  Actual libertarians hate Trump (because they view him as authoritarian).  The left's reason for hating Trump is his vibes.  Libertarians are too principled for that.
Defending the integrity of libertarians who want Trump dead to own the left.

Dude..

———————————————————————————-
I was meant to edit this post. I accidentally deleted it.

Reece101
Reece101
-->
@TheUnderdog
I'm wanting Trump dead so Mr. Jan 6 isn't in charge.  If Trump never did Jan 6, then I would be against his assassination attempt.  But treason should merit the death sentence.
So why are you trying to own the left again?
cristo71
cristo71
-->
@WyIted
If he was close to 21, the math might work out. The point still stands that official party affiliation is hardly conclusive to someone’s true political inclinations.
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@Reece101
So why are you trying to own the left again?
Because the left follows the herd with left wing media as does the right does with Trump.  The left was anti-war until Ukraine; then they become the biggest hawks out there.  Whatever Biden says on any new issue, the vocal left will just follow suit.
Reece101
Reece101
-->
@TheUnderdog
Yeah the vibes Putin gives off are not that great. Though the whole genocide thing in Gaza is kind of low energy. 
Mharman
Debates: 23
Mharman
-->
@ILikePie5
@cristo71
There’s evidence to back the idea of Crooks registering for the party he doesn’t philosophically align with.

Remember in 2022 when Pennsylvania Dems were asking their voter base to vote in the Republican primaries?

The article says few of them heeded the call, but if anyone was gonna do it, it’s probably the guy who donated $15 to ActBlue and shot at Trump.

He probably stayed registered for the reason Pie suggested.
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Mharman
I voted for Obama in 2004 and I think It took until after 2010 for my to change party affiliation, plus we have the situation where some people just register for the opposite party so they can fuck up the primary process
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@cristo71
"The blood has not even dried yet, and this nigga is in the studio dropping bangers"

Mharman
Debates: 23
Mharman
-->
@WyIted
So six years to change for you, and three years to change and then change again for Crooks.

It’s a fringe possibility in his case but it’s so unlikely.

And about the primaries, that’s what I’m saying.
cristo71
cristo71
-->
@WyIted
Yeah, talk about mythmaking. It is such a potentially lionizing moment that it invites all sorts of conspiracy theorizing in order to discredit the optics.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@WyIted
I have heard Nancy Pelosi say fight for the country as well and nobody assumed she meant to start punching people. 
That's because there is this thing in language and communication we call context. The implication that Trump was communicating to his followers to get physical is the only coherent interpretation that stems from a two months long campaign telling his supporters that their country had literally been stolen from them.

Riddle me this... How do you make your voice heard to a group of people who have demonstrated that they couldn't care less what you have to say because they just finished stealing your voice from you?

WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Double_R
Riddle me this... How do you make your voice heard to a group of people who have demonstrated that they couldn't care less what you have to say because they just finished stealing your voice from you?
Maybe write or something. Who knows. This is weird and out of context.

Out of curiosity though when the high-school cheerleaders in your school chant fight fight fight, did you then get up and beat up the opposing schools mascot?

This shit is not the same as it was yesterday double r. This rhetoric that Trump is literally Hitler and about to set up concentration camps or that Republicans want to their supporters to invade congress and start murdering politicians isn't going to be tolerated and is the exact reason why we are seeing people coming within 1 inch, literally of starting a real civil war. You can continue with your stochastic terrorism or actually still stand a chance at an afterlife by turning from your sins. 

ebuc
Debates: 0
ebuc
-->
@Moozer325
I still wouldn’t rule out just some random crackpot who didn’t care about politics though

The nutters are always with us, and they can be of any political foray."..

..." As adults, we like to think we’ve put away most childish things. But infantile and childish ways of experiencing ourselves and life linger in our unconscious mind. That baby in the adult’s psyche can be highly mischievous and harmful, producing chaotic reactions.

...There are some childish things we still retain and need to put away.

..Early childhood’s influences on our adult experiences have parallels to the scientific concept of Chaos theory. This mathematical theory attempts to understand erratic behavior as it occurs in certain nonlinear systems such as weather patterns. The theory proposes, as one example, that small air disturbances in one location can result, days or weeks later, in storms or hurricanes more than a thousand miles away.

..Comparatively, the unconscious mind of adults is buffeted by gale-force winds of emotional chaos that originated as an infantile effect decades earlier. Emotional associations from our distant past now buffet our life in incredible, mysterious, spectacular, and frequently painful and self-defeating ways."....

ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@Moozer325
To this day they lie about "many fine people" and deaths of capitol police when only protestors were killed on Jan 6. They have used the so called violent extremism as an excuse to begin surveillance against American citizens and enact censorship campaigns.
In regards to the above comment I made responding to one of your posts, see post #28

"he caused the death of five Capitol Police officers on Jan6"

The lies continue, and so long as there is no end and justice for this propaganda it is the right and duty of combatants to at the very least choose the most uncharitable narratives and promote them.

Therefore, as far as I am concerned this assassination attempt is the culmination of 8 years of continuous defamation, character assassination, and fear mongering perpetrated by the left tribe. Their attack on democracy has and will continue to take the form of violence.
ebuc
ebuc
Nutters like to create a false narrative in their chaotic mind and we have some percentage{ some degree }  of that happening  with many MAGA Cultist.

Shoot the extraterrestrials  first, ask the extraterrestrials questions later.

If you cant get close enough to ask questions, then just see the chaos the create around them and that for some, to get their questions answered.

They become MAGA, or the use MAGA ---Trumpet in this case--   to make a seemingly forever existing, Golden Trumpet -like name for themselves.

They dont realize and dont even rally care if it is false narrative gold their attaching themselves too.  Tom Foolery at its best.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@WyIted
Maybe write or something. Who knows. This is weird and out of context.
No, it is the context. Let me slow it down.

Even before the election was called Trump already declared that he won the election and that democrats were in the process of stealing it. Complete bullshit, but all part of Trump's plan.

He then spent the next two months telling his supporters that the democrats were stealing their voice by installing their own candidate into power against their will.

Then when all of Trump's attempts to overturn the election failed, he called his supporters to the US Capitol to protest telling them it "will be wild". Please tell me something... When the hell has a peaceful protest ever been described as "wild"? Answer: never, because that's not how English works. This was a very clear elusion to violence, so by the time J6 came around, his supporters had already been primed for it.

So now it's J6 and all these people are there at the elipse, after multiple speeches by Trump lackies saying things like "let's have trial by combat", Trump takes the stage. He then proceeds to give a 13k word speech that includes the word fight over 20 times and once, in the middle of the speech surrounded by no supporting context he utters the words "peacefully and patriotically" make their voices heard.

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to understand that those two words uttered with absolutely no emphasis whatsoever doesn't match anything you've heard from Trump over the prior to months.

The idea that these two words should have been your take away is absurd and incoherent. This guy has been telling you that your country is being literally stolen from you for two months, and after rallying you up over it now you're supposed to think what he wants you to do about it is yell very loud on the Capitol lawn while the people who couldn't give a shit less about what you want finish stealing it? That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

And since we're here, let's explore this narrative further. Trump on multiple occasions claimed that he offered Nancy Pelosi 10k troops... Why would he have done this? There is only one coherent answer... Because he understood there was a real threat of violence. So how does a president who's concerned about violence proceed? Answer: By calling off the protest he was the orchastrator of. You know what a president who was actually concerned about violence would not have done? Finished his rally speech by telling the crowd to fight like hell or their not going to have a country anymore.

And here's another question for you... If Trump really didn't want violence what would he have been doing for three hours while the US Capitol was under attack? Hint: not watching the attack unfold in the WH dining room. Not one single phone call to anyone, no authorization to send in the national guard. Why? Because it's fucking obvious; he wanted the attack and all of the evidence for what he was doing during those three hours only further proves that.

This shit is not the same as it was yesterday double r. This rhetoric that Trump is literally Hitler and about to set up concentration camps or that Republicans want to their supporters to invade congress and start murdering politicians isn't going to be tolerated
This is absolutely absurd. When someone tried to assassinate the democratic speaker of the house and ended up within inches of killing her husband, Trump stood on stage to a crowd of laughing supporters joking about it. When the Democratic governor of Michigan was saved by the FBI from a plot to kidnap her Trump joked about it. When people defied Trump's wishes while he was president he routinely called for them to be executed. When protestors were getting out of hand at his rallies Trump told his followers to knock the crap out of them. When Trump supporters rode around with an image of Joe Biden hog tied to the back of a pick up truck Trump reposted it.

We've been warning about the temperature and violent rhetoric for years, but now that it almost came for Trump, now you're concerned about it? Are you fucking kidding me?

You say this rhetoric isn't the same. You say that calling Trump a fascist is some kind of call for violence. Did anyone say we should assassinate Trump, or is that just the conclusion you came to regarding what the logical way to respond to that would be? Ok then, now use that exact same logic towards January 6th.

I oppose Trump so passionately in large part because I want our politics to have nothing to do with violence like this. But blaming the people who are acknowledging the objective reality that Trump is the one cultivating this environment is the height of stupidity.
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Double_R
Did anyone say we should assassinate Trump, or is that just the conclusion you came to regarding what the logical way to respond to that would be?
Yes. Even directly saying it mtiple times.

We've been warning about the temperature and violent rhetoric for years, but now that it almost came for Trump, now you're concerned about it? Are you fucking kidding me?
You guys also literally called George Bush Hitler for years as well and said he was going to end elections, so where is the personal responsibility.  

Even before the election was called Trump already declared that he won the election and that democrats were in the process of stealing it. Complete bullshit, but all part of Trump's plan.

It's his opinion that there were some unfair elements. Which top secret document that he has access to that supports this conclusion do you disagree with? I mean Hillary Clinton had the same opinion. 

You also don't have the moral high ground here after the left was rioting for months,  burning down buildings, the bike lock guy hunting 80 year Olds with red hats etc. 

The media which is the propaganda branch of the democratic party tried to cover up what was going on by claiming the riots were mostly peaceful. There were politicians literally saying that we need to have uprisings and people needed to take to the streets. 

will be wild". Please tell me something... When the hell has a peaceful protest ever been described as "wild"?
I just got invited to a party where I was told it was going to be wild. We just drank beers and set off fireworks. When white people say wild we aren't saying it to mean murder politicians.

the middle of the speech surrounded by no supporting context he utters the words "peacefully and patriotically" make their voices heard.
So it seems pretty obvious that statement would not be here if he didn't want that to be the takeaway.. I didn't go there to do that, so it wasn't my take away at all. 

And since we're here, let's explore this narrative further. Trump on multiple occasions claimed that he offered Nancy Pelosi 10k troops... Why would he have done this?
I would be more concerned with Nancy Pelosi refused. Maybe so she could form this false narrative. There is also footage showing capital officers letting protestors in and unlocking doors for the.. have you ever wondered why that would happen if not to set up a narrative?

Finished his rally speech by telling the crowd to fight like hell or their not going to have a country anymore.
This is actually true though. However it doesn't seem reasonable to think storming the capital would work so if anything it's a call for high IQ people to start positioning themselves as thought leaders and changing the minds of the public to give conservatives more power, or start working their way towards the top of other hierarchical structures.