Author: Casey_Risk

Read-only
Total: 884
Earth
Debates: 4
Earth
-->
@JoeBob
Lunatic decided that Wylted must be mafia because of a statistical fallacy. Lunatic is also implicated in a dream Austin had. 
JoeBob
Debates: 3
JoeBob
-->
@Earth
Lunatic decided that Wylted must be mafia because of a statistical fallacy. Lunatic is also implicated in a dream Austin had
ohhh that’s why
I agree that  it is scummy and it doesn’t seem like something he would do as town. Not sure though.
JoeBob
JoeBob
-->
@Lunatic
Do you still think WyIted is scum? If so, is it because of the reasoning Earth just gave, or something else?
Mharman
Debates: 23
Mharman
As it stands, we do have one scum between Lunatic, Savant, and Wylted.

This was said earlier, but I am repeating it. I am warning the rest of town not to stray from this idea. Austin is hard town.
Savant
Savant
-->
@Mharman
Austin is hard town.
How do you know this?
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@Savant
I believe their claim. Their character and role make way too much sense. Even the game and theme design of it makes sense.

If I'm scum and asking Casey about who's in the game for a fake claim, I'm not asking about the protagonist or any deuteragonists. I'm asking for a more minor character. Not for someone who's obscure, just for someone who isn't at the forefront of the story.
JoeBob
JoeBob
-->
@Mharman
what’s Austin’s character again?
JoeBob
JoeBob
and role^

I can’t find the message where he said it
Savant
Savant
-->
@JoeBob
Maya something
Savant
Savant
-->
@JoeBob
Maya Fey
JoeBob
JoeBob
-->
@Savant
what message did he say his role
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@Mharman
If I'm scum and asking Casey about who's in the game for a fake claim, I'm not asking about the protagonist or any deuteragonists. I'm asking for a more minor character. Not for someone who's obscure, just for someone who isn't at the forefront of the story.
Speaking as someone who has been in the position to ask about characters, I can say that that was not my thinking, though in Pie’s game we had much of the DP to wait for claims to roll out to narrow our options. Scum doesn’t have that luxury here, but there are enough games with enough protagonists and deuteragonists that some are bound to be available. There’s risk in asking about certain characters, particularly when they’re related to other central characters, but even if scum guesses a character who is in the game, it can inform fake claims by restricting the pool.

That being said, he and WyIted also claimed early enough that they would have either had to ask Casey about the character and be told it wasn’t in the game or be willing to take a huge risk with very limited info. The former is possible but unlikely. I don’t think either of them would do the latter.

Still, I think we shouldn’t assume how scum chose to use their questions. Different people will weigh the benefits of picking certain targets and reach different conclusions.
AustinL0926
Debates: 33
AustinL0926
Kinda busy today. Will give a more thorough catch-up later. I can say that if I was scum, I definitely wouldn't waste a question on Maya, considering she's very likely to already be present, especially as her character fits very well thematically with an investigative role.
AustinL0926
Debates: 33
AustinL0926
Anyway, pretty sure that we should be going in Luna and Savant today, unless I see anything else blatantly scummy.
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@AustinL0926
I definitely wouldn't waste a question on Maya, considering she's very likely to already be present, especially as her character fits very well thematically with an investigative role.
To be fair, this is Ace Attorney we’re talking about, so there are a lot of characters who thematically could have an investigative role. That being said, I agree that Maya’s not an obvious pick given her relevance to the series across multiple games.
WyIted
Debates: 28
WyIted
Savant's math is not mathing and Luna's RVS vote and the fluff words he paired with the RVS vote, is being overanalyzed
WyIted
WyIted
unvote VTL savant
Savant
Savant
-->
@Lunatic
@Mharman
@AustinL0926
@WyIted
@Owen_T
VTL Luna. I want a full claim.
Savant
Savant
I also don't think WyIted would be narrowing POE like this if he was scum.
Savant
Savant
If we lynch Luna, I will probably be killed tonight anyway, so I don't have much stake in this since I'm likely dead no matter what. But it would be good not to waste a lynch on a town player.
Owen_T
Debates: 26
Owen_T
VTL Luna
Savant
Savant
-->
@AustinL0926
I can say that if I was scum, I definitely wouldn't waste a question on Maya, considering she's very likely to already be present, especially as her character fits very well thematically with an investigative role.
Not that you're necessarily wrong, but I tend to find self-analysis useless, since if you thought that far ahead, you may have chosen your actions specifically so you could say "I wouldn't do [x]." If it was someone else's read, I would give it more weight.

But yeah, Luna is my top scum read.
WyIted
WyIted
Not that you're necessarily wrong, but I tend to find self-analysis useless
Agreed most self analysis is just copium

I also don't think WyIted would be narrowing POE like this if he was scum.
I would do what I always do as scum. look for doc slips and pretend they are scum slips and narrow POE that way.
Savant
Savant
-->
@WyIted
Can you maybe elaborate on why you are scum reading me?
Casey_Risk
Casey_Risk
Votes:

Savant (2/5): Austin, WyIted 
Lunatic (2/5): Savant, Owen
Mharman (1/5): Lunatic 
Savant
Savant
-->
@AustinL0926
You too. I've given my role, Luna hasn't. He's also more hesitant to agree that scum is one of us.
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Savant
you are literally waffling about scum reading lunatic. You should 100% know he is at this point. Any doubt indicates an effort to derail next dps lynch if lunatic flips town, which should be impossible from your point of view. Now you mention a scum read but that is after people started questioning why you didn't have one on him
Earth
Debates: 4
Earth
-->
@WyIted
What makes you think Savant is waffling?

Savant
Savant
-->
@WyIted
I'm not waffling, I said we should target Luna. Earlier I was accused of "tunneling" for saying I scum read someone. Make of your minds, people.
Savant
Savant
*up