Author: Casey_Risk

Read-only
Total: 884
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@Savant
I won't go into too much detail, but my role isn't that great, so if someone has to claim, I may as well di so. If Luna is the cop or something I wouldn't want him revealing a ton of info right out the gate.
I don't want more detail on your role right now, but it's a little odd given that you've argued that scum is between you, Luna and Austin, especially since Austin has already at least partially claimed, to want Luna to hold back. Based on your character alone at least, I have some reason to buy your claim.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@AustinL0926
I didn't get much of a chance to engage with Austin's softclaim yesterday, but suffice it to say that it seems a little weird to me as well, even if it's possible given the character (she's a spirit medium in training). Any daytime investigative role isn't something I can accept on face value, even if I'm townreading Austin behaviorally after everything that happened last night. That being said, for now at least, I'm not going to speculate further on this.
AustinL0926
Debates: 33
AustinL0926
-->
@whiteflame
I agree. Without speculating further, I'd prefer to look at my results holistically in the context of behavior as well. I wouldn't be opposed to lynching someone outside the three, although the game is moving pretty slowly right now. What do you think of Savant?
JoeBob
Debates: 3
JoeBob
yea sorry I’ve been a bit inactive
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@AustinL0926
I agree. Without speculating further, I'd prefer to look at my results holistically in the context of behavior as well. I wouldn't be opposed to lynching someone outside the three, although the game is moving pretty slowly right now. What do you think of Savant?
I've been working on that.

Savant's been a bit off all game, but like Luna said, that could have more to do with recognizing a need to change his style of play. Behaviorally, at least, he's been making a lot of strange turns in his responses and analysis, but his decision to consistently relegate himself to being in the PoE pool is especially weird - it's not something I normally see from someone without a full claim on the table. That being said, his character claim makes me want to townread him based on my own, even if I'm wary of taking that step given the information that scum has regarding at least some of the characters in this game.

Savant
Debates: 23
Savant
-->
@whiteflame
@AustinL0926
Without speculating further, I'd prefer to look at my results holistically in the context of behavior as well
This isn't great. If you're saying you aren't 100% sure that one of us is scum, you should probably tell us. That affects how we will decide on the lynch.

If you are 100% sure, then lynching me, Austin, or Luna has a 1/3 chance of getting scum. Lynching someone else (ignoring WyIted, who is close to town confirmed), we have a 1/5 chance.
AustinL0926
Debates: 33
AustinL0926
-->
@Savant
I am curious how you come to the conclusion, from your pov, that Wylted is close to town confirmed.
Savant
Savant
-->
@AustinL0926
You or whiteflame said something about him likely not coming up with that counterclaim gambit as scum, and I would tend to agree. It would require him to think of the similar names thing instantly after you claimed your character, and a plan like that would take more time to think of imo.
Earth
Debates: 4
Earth
-->
@Savant
This doesn't really make sense to me. If you assume that the dreamer report about you is true, then shouldn't you be sussing Luna? 
Savant
Savant
-->
@Lunatic
@whiteflame
@AustinL0926
I don't think scum Austin would put himself in POE like this, so my top scum read is Luna for this reason plus reasons I've already said. That's unless Austin starts backtracking on his role.
Savant
Savant
-->
@Earth
You ninja'd me, but I did just sus him now. My suspicion is that either the report is true or Austin is scum.
Earth
Debates: 4
Earth
-->
@Savant
Ah, I see. Probably should have held off posting. I agree, and we should get Luna's claim next.
Mharman
Mharman
I do believe it is between Savant and Lunatic. I was town reading Wylted from the start and I've believe Austin since he claimed. Leaning toward Lunatic because the whole psych thing reads like a load of crap to me.
Savant
Savant
-->
@Earth
Yeah. I guess Luna saying his character won't give away anything too important, plus I think he is scum anyway.
Mharman
Mharman
To expand, I don't think I've seen Lunatic play the mod psych game before. But I think he should know better. To me it reads as giving town something meaningless to talk about as a distraction. I don't see how he could think Casey is just "the type of mod" to manipulate the teams so Owen would get a veteran teammate in the event Owen rolled scum. Whatever reasoning he has, it's arbitrary. And he should know that.
Savant
Savant
-->
@Lunatic
@Mharman
I don't see how he could think Casey is just "the type of mod" to manipulate the teams so Owen would get a veteran teammate
I really don't know what Luna was going for their either. Maybe he can elaborate, but it did seem like an attempt to send the town on a wild goose chase.
Savant
Savant
*there
Mharman
Mharman
After thinking more, I'll say this:

Using mod psych isn't inherently scummy. BUT... when someone who is town is trying to read mod psych, they are going to look for things that the mod has already said, either in-thread (DPs or sign-ups) or whatever the mod said in PMs.  They are not going to try and figure out whether or not the mod is ethical in how they balance the teams. I asked Casey in-thread about how they organize the teams in-thread because Lunatic mentioned it, and told yall the type of reply I got in a PM from Casey. I only went into mod psych because the idea was suggested and Casey replied to me. Lunatic on the hand, went off a weird whim.
Mharman
Mharman
I guess the big question for me is, how plausible is it that Lunatic would go off on such a whim, when nothing about the question of ethical team-balancing was talked about beforehand?
Mharman
Mharman
And if you're wondering why I mention ethics when talking about team balancing, it's because anything other than pure, unpredictable randomness is unethical.
Savant
Savant
-->
@Mharman
anything other than pure, unpredictable randomness is unethical
Ok, Harvey Dent.
Mharman
Mharman
Wait a minute.

Lunatic went into speculation because this whole conversation about ethical team balancing because Wylted said Owen was town confirmed by being a noob.

Hmmmmmm
Mharman
Mharman
I worded that horribly. This whole convo started because Wylted said Own was confirmed… maybe Lunatic did have a reason to speculate.
Savant
Savant
-->
@Mharman
WyIted was being WyIted. Luna voted him for no reason other than WyIted not being scum in a while and mod pysche. He could have seen WyIted's behavior as an opportunity to rally town against him, maybe.
Savant
Savant
But he didn't mention it as the reason he voted WyIted.
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@Savant
I’d rather be Harvey Dent than Anton Chigur.
Mharman
Mharman
WyIted was being WyIted. Luna voted him for no reason other than WyIted not being scum in a while and mod pysche. He could have seen WyIted's behavior as an opportunity to rally town against him, maybe.
True, but I definitely need to double check my scum read on Lunatic and my town read on Wylted. You’re not off the table either.
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@Savant
Forgot to ping ^
JoeBob
JoeBob
what’s going on it’s lunatic exactly
JoeBob