yes
JoeBob
Debates: 3
JoeBob
-->
@Lunatic
What’s your read on Savant?
Are you caught up?
is this implying Austin said his read on him? If so where because I didn’t see.
JoeBob
JoeBob
-->
@Owen_T
Lunatic absolutely has a point 

Unvote

VTL Joebob
mafia curtosey is to ping the person you vote that way they know. 
Mharman
Debates: 23
Mharman
-->
@Lunatic
pie thought savant was lyncher last game, and that was plausible given his behavior. 
yeah, Pie did say that to me in discord

Why is it bastard? 
A conversation for another day. TLDR is that nowadays I like my smaller size games to have two factions only, and I like giving town some form of quick way to figure out there is a TP in the game if I do put one in any game

I don't think it's worth debating now... the bigger question is whether or not Casey would do that... we know Pie would so I'll give your theory credit there

They win. Sometimes the mods will allow them to join win with the winning party. I did in my last game, though, admittedly, makes third party feel kind of useless. I just did it because I know how people tend to dislike non joint winning third parties. 
This is a good question for Casey.

Mharman
Mharman
-->
@Casey_Risk
Do you allow third parties to joint win with the main two parties (ie mafia, town)?
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@Owen_T
Is mafia always this crazy?

Hell yeah
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@JoeBob
for the most part, still confused but that’s normal
What are you confused about?

what do you want from me
Thoughts, analysis, general participation, or a willingness to solve the game. I know you were looking for tips on scum hunting earlier, but frankly there really is no set in stone answer. You have to kind of analyze and think for yourself. Would so and so do this? Does this feel natural? What does your gut say? There's no recipe for finding scum, there is general things you can look for. But like WYlted said, if you've ever suspected someone was lying to you IRL, use those same principals in the forum to try and find scum..

Anyways you seemed focused on the savant thing still. He has full claimed, and austin has now come out and  basically admitted that he doesn't know for sure that savant is scum. Given that development, do you have any thoughts on other players? If you still want to lynch in that pool, who and why?
Owen_T
Debates: 26
Owen_T
-->
@JoeBob
Good to know. Thank you.
Casey_Risk
Casey_Risk
-->
@Mharman
Unless you are asking for a time check or a vote tally, please direct all questions to me over PM.
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@Lunatic
Do you allow third parties to joint win with the main two parties (ie mafia, town)?
Got a PM response. She declined to answer if TPs could win with town.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Mharman
Got a PM response. She declined to answer if TPs could win with town.
Figured
JoeBob
JoeBob
-->
@Lunatic

for the most part, still confused but that’s normal
What are you confused about?
Wouldn’t say it’s confused and more of loosing tack of what’s going on.
Thoughts, analysis, general participation, or a willingness to solve the game
I go off of mechanics and whether it makes senses and that stuff more than behavior. I try to find patterns but can’t, so I resort to roles and whether they make sense. And in the first DP I can’t really figure that out when only one person has full claimed. 
As for general participation, im trying to fix that.
Thoughts were given in my reads before.
Anyways you seemed focused on the savant thing still. He has full claimed, and austin has now come out and  basically admitted that he doesn't know for sure that savant is scum. Given that development, do you have any thoughts on other players? If you still want to lynch in that pool, who and why?
On one hand, his role does seem like something that would be a good fake claim. Since you know who is scum and whatnot, it seems likes. Good way to skate by. On the other hand, his role is likely to draw some attention, which is why im more inclined to believe that he’s town. But if he is town then it truly is between you and Savant.
Savant has full claimed and you haven’t. Now I can’t tell wether this is just you being you and not wanting to full claim, as you did say you shouldn’t full claim. So im mixed on it.

Lunatic
Lunatic
My town reads: 

Wylted - Character, behavior
Whiteflame- Behavior
Savant- Character, Role, Behavior

Null:

Austin- I buy his character based on the little research i've done on the theme, but it doesn't seem like one austin would have left out. I just really don't know what to make of his play this day phase with the pseudo results. I am gonna have to think about this one for now. 

POE:

I think there is likely at least scum are in earth, mharman, joebob, and owen. Maybe two. I could see being wrong on one of my town reads, but it is early in the game, I imagine I will refine these reads later on. This is just where I am at now. 
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@JoeBob
On one hand, his role does seem like something that would be a good fake claim. Since you know who is scum and whatnot, it seems likes. Good way to skate by. On the other hand, his role is likely to draw some attention, which is why im more inclined to believe that he’s town. But if he is town then it truly is between you and Savant.
Savant has full claimed and you haven’t. Now I can’t tell wether this is just you being you and not wanting to full claim, as you did say you shouldn’t full claim. So im mixed on it.
Why is it between me and savant? This is why I asked if you are caught up. Because we already now know that austins "dreamer" results were made up. He's admitted it twice now. 

JoeBob
JoeBob
-->
@Lunatic
He's admitted it twice now. 
yes I saw those, but I didn’t know that meant they were made up. I mean I only ever saw him saying it was between WyIted you and Savant. Just because he doesn’t think it’s savant doesn’t mean he’s faking it. But even then, why would Austin fake the results? That would make him look scummy and he knows it.
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@Lunatic
Because we already now know that austins "dreamer" results were made up. He's admitted it twice now. 
holy shit I missed this. wtf
Earth
Debates: 4
Earth
Jesus Christ. There was a time Austin would have been policy'd for lying like that.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Earth
Jesus Christ. There was a time Austin would have been policy'd for lying like that.
pie would probably do it. But Austin does have a pretty main character so that makes it hard. 
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@JoeBob
yes I saw those, but I didn’t know that meant they were made up. I mean I only ever saw him saying it was between WyIted you and Savant. Just because he doesn’t think it’s savant doesn’t mean he’s faking it. But even then, why would Austin fake the results? That would make him look scummy and he knows it.
I don't know why he made them up. He could have been trying a ploy, could be a third party lyncher, could have had a strong gut read, who knows. I had been calling it out early that I thought it was a town ploy, but now I am not sure what the motivation is. Only austin can answer that, and it doesn't really seem he wants to. 
Lunatic
Lunatic
unvote.

I don't really felt like I accomplished much with the joebob pressure, but he's at least active and posting. Still kind of scum reading him.

vtl earth
Earth
Earth
-->
@Lunatic
What do you think about Austin's #555/556?
Earth
Earth
Just as a heads up, I am heading off to sleep in about 30 minutes.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Earth
Not sure. He keeps saying that he knows savant is scum mechanically but now he’s saying he’s not. Idk what that means and he refuses to elaborate. Earlier I was operating under the assumption he had accurate results. I might be dumb and missing something. That’s why I haven’t made a stance on whether I think he’s scum yet. 

I don’t see any mention of Casey making this a swingy game and a role that just immediately catches scum doesn’t seem realistic. Add to that Austin saying he doesn’t know for sure he’s scum means that Austin could be interpreting something wrong and just strongly believes savant is scum. There is another option of what Austin could be by I don’t wanna say it publicly and if he is that role I think he is playing it badly and town is screwed. But ultimately I don’t know and it’s up to Austin to clarify that if he wants us to lynch savant. Behaviorally I town read savant so I’m not gonna blindly pursue a lynch on a town read if he’s not 100% sure about it.

What are your thoughts on it?
Earth
Earth
-->
@Lunatic
If I was a cop and I had a guilty on X, I wouldn't be wishy washy about it. I have no idea what's going on with Austin and it's odd. It's fine to not be sure about your behavior reads, but mechanics is supposed to be concrete.
AustinL0926
Debates: 33
AustinL0926
would you believe me if I said it was a softclaim/soulread into reaction test gone wrong, and I townread everyone in thread rn and think Owen is scum by POE

unvote

vtl owen'
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@AustinL0926
At this point, no.
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@Earth
@Lunatic
@WyIted
Let's talk about this for a second.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Earth, I kinda think you have a point here:
I looked back ... all I've seen him say is that something he said about his role in DP1 is bs, to an extent. So he's claiming something about his dreamer read is at least partially true. Some sort of gambit I suppose, but I'd be down to enforce the "lynch all liars" concept. I still have that FOS on him, even if Savant is still my top scum read.

Seriously, look at Post #119. It is the microcosm of what I said earlier about him. 
1. I like him from a mechanical standpoint, he claimed a Maya Faye, the character who literally had an information-revealing dream in the lore and is "Master of the Kurain Channeling Technique." The claim of dreamer and Maya go together like PB and J. It's a hard character to scumread too, since she is in the lore being falsely accused of shit, forcing Phoenix Wright, the main protagonist, to save her ass.
2. I hate him from a behavior standpoint. It screams "look at me! I have this character and role! no way I could be scum!"... in the game where scum can literally ask if two characters and PRs are in the game. As I said earlier when comparing him to Savant, I can see how a dreamer would be impatient to get someone among their pool lynched and may bread/soft claim a little too hard... but I also very much can see how scum would be just as impatient to use their claims for town cred.

I also said that the mechanical aspect is not a guarantee... sure, Maya is incredibly towny, but that's assuming she's in the game. In this game of Pie's, Percy freaking Jackson was a given fake claim that Barney used. I don't know how major of a character Abhimanyu would've been in Mahabharata Mafia, so let me know on that if you know.

And then, going back to his recent remarks of being somewhat dishonest about his role... the only thing that is a guarantee here is that the confusion he's causing is a massive headache.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Wylted, you said this earlier:

I feel like lunatic and savant are both town. They both are giving me town vibes. The only thing making me think one is scum is merely austin's claim which he did not elaborate on how he got that claim.

For example what if his role is not as simple as, "here are 3 town names, one is scum" .

One thing that stands out is Austin remembering off the top of his head that I claimed day cop, and survived way too long after the lynch flipped inno. I wonder if he is trying to one up me here.
How do you feel about these remarks of yours? Earlier I said that if I started to townread Lunatic while still townreading Savant and you, I'd scumread Austin. Currently, my reads on Lunatic and Savant have done a 180 where I now townread Lunatic and scumread Savant, but the same concept applies. Right now you're scumreading Savant, but earlier you were townreading him.

I'm not saying I currently believe Savant is town, but there's a lot of talk going around about him on that. In the event I am wrong on Savant, I'd be so down to lynch Austin.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lunatic, you have an interesting theory about Austin being a TP lyncher. You say this because you now townread Savant (I think) and Wylted, but also think Austin is on some gambit. Your theory does have some credibility given Casey's refusal to answer my TP-related question, and the fact that Pie would definitely include such a role in any setup he designed/helped with.

Well, the easiest way to not to worry about Austin's potential TP wincon is to lynch him.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

So obviously you all see where I'm going with this: I propose we lynch Austin, MafiaUniverse-style.

Unvote VTL Austin

If he's town and Dreamer: His results are confirmed and Savant is probably scum.
If he's town and not dreamer: We know what weird gambit he was trying and can work from there on DP2.
If he's scum: Awesome. Scum down, and we don't have to deal with this massive headache anymore. All three of Wylted, Savant, and Lunatic are near-guaranteed to be town.
If he's TP lyncher: We don't have to worry about him winning the game and can scum hunt more effectively from there.

There are some downsides to this, sure, but the advantages are:
1. Great quality information
2. Potential elimination of someone whose wincon competes with town's.

It's kinda like my idea from last game's DP1, where put less stock in our DP1 scumhunting so we can put more stock into gaining better information for DP2 scumhunting.the difference being that no noobs/trolls have been modkilled to put town at a severe numbers disadvantage if he's innocent. I'm telling you guys, the only reason I should've gone with Pie's plan last game was because of 420's modkill. We all know that finding scum DP1 isn't usually the expectation; we all have good reasons to be suspicious of Austin, so there's a good chance he's guilty anyway.
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@Casey_Risk
Vote count + time check?
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@AustinL0926
I do have one question for you though. Earlier you said Whiteflame would have a +randchance to be scum if Owen was. Why Whiteflame specifically, over anyone else?
Mharman
Mharman
That's all for tonight. Lmk what y'all think of my idea, I think it's a pretty stellar one.