Ace Attorney Mafia DP1

Author: Casey_Risk

Read-only
Total: 884
AustinL0926
Debates: 33
AustinL0926
Just disengaging for a bit: I have strong townreads on Luna, Wylted, Joebob, Mharman, moderate on Earth/whiteflame (depends on flips), and null on Owen. I feel the former four have towntold a lot.
AustinL0926
Debates: 33
AustinL0926
-->
@Savant
I don't see why drawing attention to yourself early on is indicative of towncred. It's in scum's interest to push town players.
Sure, but no offense, you're almost the resident D1 emigrant around here. Why would I draw attention to myself like this instead of just normally pushing you or blending in if I was scum? It is, like, kinda concerning you're not really considering things from a perspective where I could be town.
Savant
Debates: 23
Savant
-->
@AustinL0926
 It is, like, kinda concerning you're not really considering things from a perspective where I could be town.
Kind of hard to do when you've admitted to lying about your role and aren't willing to come clean. Furthermore, I did assume you were town for like 80% of the day phase and pushed Luna based on that belief.
Savant
Savant
-->
@Earth
@Lunatic
@whiteflame
@AustinL0926
@WyIted
you're almost the resident D1 emigrant around here
If you believe that, then you probably believed I would be an easy target to mislynch. Operating under the assumption that I'd be easy to get rid of day 1 is a huge self report.
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
-->
@whiteflame
 It's also strange that his character and WyIted's are so closely related (they're sisters) yet somehow would come from distinct alignments
I don't know a ton about the series, but I was watching youtube videos on the way to work, and saw one that said that the one sister was dead. Not sure if being dead =/= not being in the game, but its worth considering that it was a character that might have been asked about by the scum team. 
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@Lunatic
I don't know a ton about the series, but I was watching youtube videos on the way to work, and saw one that said that the one sister was dead. Not sure if being dead =/= not being in the game, but its worth considering that it was a character that might have been asked about by the scum team. 
Point taken, though I'll note that that's WyIted's character claim (the dead one) and not Austin's.

Savant
Savant
-->
@whiteflame
Clearly, you're not super comfortable lynching me, and Austin has said he will claim at L-1. Unless we can get a full claim out of him, I think we are pretty likely to get a mislynch today. I recommend voting him if you want to pressure him.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Earth
If anyone is about to get lynched, it's you Savant.
Why? Are you caught up? What do you think of austin admitting he's not 100% sure about savants affiliation?
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Savant
Clearly, you're not super comfortable lynching me, and Austin has said he will claim at L-1. Unless we can get a full claim out of him, I think we are pretty likely to get a mislynch today. I recommend voting him if you want to pressure him.
I'm considering it at this stage, but I want his response to me first. 

JoeBob
JoeBob
-->
@whiteflame
Maybe Luna's right and this is a TP Lyncher situation
I thought that was Savant.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@AustinL0926
Again, worst-case scenarios don't matter without probabilities. What motivation do I have to draw attention to myself like this early on?
This type of wifom was actually why I townread you in pie's recycled roles mafia. Turns out you are very aggressive and bold as scum
JoeBob
JoeBob
-->
@AustinL0926
Just disengaging for a bit: I have strong townreads on Luna, Wylted, Joebob, Mharman, moderate on Earth/whiteflame (depends on flips), and null on Owen. I feel the former four have towntold a lot.
What’s your read on Savant?
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@JoeBob

Maybe Luna's right and this is a TP Lyncher situation
I thought that was Savant.
This is the first mention I can find and it's Luna.

Mharman
Mharman
-->
@whiteflame
The Restless Spirit claim is interesting given that it was Casey's fake claim last game, but given how it was brought up, WyIted remains a town lean.
Well, Casey did design this game. Perhaps she looked up the role when fake claiming it last game and thought it would be neat to include in this game
Mharman
Mharman
Now my thoughts are changing a bit. I am wondering if he is a 3rd party lyncher, whose goal is to quickly lynch savant dp1 and then try to side with town (why he is putting us in his town pile).
I initially dismissed the idea of a tp lyncher, but now that I think about it, Pie did tell me he thought someone was a tp lyncher last game… Lemme go check my discord messages with him I think he said it there

Even so, imo tp lyncher is incredibly bastard in a 9 player game if town has no way about finding out about them… really hoping Casey would ignore Pie if he ever told her to put that role in a game….

What are the consequences of a tp lyncher getting a lynch anyways? I gotta look that up
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@Lunatic
Forgot to tag 
Lunatic
Lunatic
I'll be the first to admit I don't always have the best scum reads, but I will say I do feel like I am pretty good at town reading people. And Savant doesn't feel scummy to me. I agree with whiteflame that behaviors that might normally be looked at as "scummy" should be kind of overlooked in savant's case because he does have a tendency to grab on a point and run with it, and while I still think the possibility of a 3p lyncher is plausible, I was merely suggesting it as a possibility. Savant seeming more sure of it aligns with his usual "grab on to something and run with it" as whiteflame lightly suggested.

Anyways if you look at him as a whole his behavior does seem very town assuming he knows he is town, and is buying into the same "results" we all are. Scum savant with inside information would have a better time picking a lynch here or just 1 v 1ing austin from the beginning. This feels like savant is genuinely confused and frustrated but still trying to take the route best for town. Also the last game I remember savant being scum in was mahabarata, and his behavior doesn't match with his more submissive seeming behavior in that game. Granted he was new, he did lightly defend himself but he more or less went along with the lynch. 

Everything is pinging me that savant is town here. I could be wrong but I don't think so. 
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Mharman
I initially dismissed the idea of a tp lyncher, but now that I think about it, Pie did tell me he thought someone was a tp lyncher last game… Lemme go check my discord messages with him I think he said it there

pie thought savant was lyncher last game, and that was plausible given his behavior. 

Even so, imo tp lyncher is incredibly bastard in a 9 player game if town has no way about finding out about them… really hoping Casey would ignore Pie if he ever told her to put that role in a game….

What are the consequences of a tp lyncher getting a lynch anyways? I gotta look that up
Why is it bastard? A 3p lyncher has to convince everyone to follow them. It's only bastard if town blindly follows them. Moozer was a 3p lyncher in recycled roles, and he almost didn't get the lynch on savant. When he did it was more or less for external reasons, rather than any case he had against savant
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Mharman
They win. Sometimes the mods will allow them to join win with the winning party. I did in my last game, though, admittedly, makes third party feel kind of useless. I just did it because I know how people tend to dislike non joint winning third parties. 
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Mharman
They win. Sometimes the mods will allow them to join win with the winning party. I did in my last game, though, admittedly, makes third party feel kind of useless. I just did it because I know how people tend to dislike non joint winning third parties. 
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@JoeBob
What’s your read on Savant?
Are you caught up?
Lunatic
Lunatic
Earth and joebob be cruising this game.

VTL Joebob
Casey_Risk
Casey_Risk
Votes:

Savant (2/5): Wylted, Mharman 
Austin (1/5): Savant
JoeBob (1/5): Lunatic

Owen_T
Debates: 26
Owen_T
Lunatic absolutely has a point

Unvote

VTL Joebob
Owen_T
Debates: 26
Owen_T
Sorry. Didn't realize I already unvoted
Casey_Risk
Casey_Risk
-->
@Owen_T
No problem

Votes:

Savant (2/5): Wylted, Mharman 
JoeBob (2/5): Lunatic, Owen
Austin (1/5): Savant

The DP will end in about 14 and a half hours.
Lunatic
Lunatic
Don't feel too bad bout it. The town usually loses a player on day 1 anyway. Doesn't make a huge difference if it's me or someone else, as much as I'd like to make it to day 2.
Scum savant kind of accepting his fate in dp1 of mahabaratta ^

He's actively fighting for survival here by pushing other lynches, which seems indicative of his town meta. 
JoeBob
JoeBob
-->
@Lunatic
Are you caught up?
for the most part, still confused but that’s normal

JoeBob
JoeBob
-->
@Lunatic