@Earth
Ninja'd again. Just answered.
WyIted
Debates: 28
WyIted
-->
@AustinL0926
Savant/Luna/Wylted)
This is a simple yes or no. Do you have one definite scum between these 3?
Earth
Debates: 4
Earth
This is because my friend confessed to a crime I knew she didn't commit. This is why I can prevent people from being lynched.
I'm trying to remember if that "she" confessed. I know Simon confessed to a crime he didn't commit, but did what's-her-face do so as well?
AustinL0926
Debates: 33
AustinL0926
-->
@WyIted
This is a simple yes or no. Do you have one definite scum between these 3?
At least one.
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
According to Casey, my character is a defense attorney. This is because my friend confessed to a crime I knew she didn't commit. This is why I can prevent people from being lynched.
This makes zero sense ngl.

AustinL0926
AustinL0926
is that even what happened in canon?
Earth
Earth
-->
@AustinL0926
@Savant
Have you played the games? I'm getting a little confused as well.

@Savant
Savant, read your PM carely, who confessed to protect their friend, exactly?
Savant
Debates: 23
Savant
-->
@Earth
@AustinL0926
Here is my PM from casey, rephrased by ChatGPT in the voice of Shakespeare:

Verily, thou art Athena Cykes! From birth, thou hast been endowed with ears of extraordinary keenness, granting thee the rare gift to discern the dissonance within men's hearts. In thy youth, a cherished friend did confess to a grievous crime, yet thy keen perception revealed his innocence. This revelation didst inspire thee to pursue the noble path of a defense attorney. Thou art the singular Magistrate, endowed with a most potent ability: once in the course of the game, thou mayest visit another during the nocturnal hours, ensuring that player shall be shielded from the gallows in the following day. Thy victory is entwined with the fate of the Town.
Earth
Earth
Mmmm.
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
-->
@Earth
wanna yeet him?
Owen_T
Debates: 26
Owen_T
I still don't fully Trust Austin.
Earth
Earth
-->
@AustinL0926
Very very close to it. It's odd that Savant mentioned a "she" when the Shakespeare paraphrase seems to be referring to the Simon Blackquill case. Athena is friends with a girl called Juniper, but she doesn't confess to a crime, I mean Juniper DOES, but it's obvious she did it to protect her friend. Juniper would make more sense as a Magistrate. Juniper even was studying to be a judge.
Earth
Earth
-->
@AustinL0926
Do you have any experience in AA?

Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
-->
@AustinL0926
I am ngl I think Savant and Owen is the team. Thoughts?
The buddying is a bit blatant if that’s the case, but then again Owen is newer. I figured he might have known savant outside of mafia or from some other thread maybe that’s why he’s buddying him? Idk it’s possible though
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@Casey_Risk
Look. For hours I was analyzing the game but got exhausted and gave up. Imma be honest I don’t wanna play this game anymore… I’m on a vacation with extended family and I’m just sitting in a cabin while everyone else in my family is doing stuff together. I shouldn’t have joined this game to begin with, but I like mafia and don’t want it die out. But to be honest, this game is feeling like way too much of a chore right now so I think I’m gonna dip. I’ll try to find someone to replace me.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@whiteflame
Luna, you mentioned wanting to pressure Mharman and Earth. They both at least posted some response, with the former being defensive of their posture and the latter being dismissive. Setting aside their responses, I do find it odd that after they responded, no one addressed this. There’s been very little focus on Mharman, Earth, JoeBob and me throughout much of this DP.

I’m still a bit skeptical of Mharman and earth. Earth seemed to be opportunistic in taking advantage of what I feel is an objectively bad read, and Mharman kind of got defensive about it and dodgy and tried to make the whole thing look like a misunderstanding about RVS. I do feel like he should know me well enough as an experienced player though considering he is one of the few people here that actually come from DDO mafia to know I wouldn’t outright try to death tunnel quotes over something stupid like that. I also feel like he hasn’t really contributed in a way that feels investigative, or that he’s trying to scum hunt. His plan to get information from the town doesn’t help either. I get that we’ve done similar things in the past to lock character claims in, but those things have different circumstances, ie in the last game pie was asking for categories. That locks in a person to a claim
But doesn’t give mafia any adverse information.

Him asking for information like whether or not our character is a lawyer, and what year they were born just feels like way too much iinformation and I don’t see how that helps town at all. That type of information would make it easy to research what character a person is. And this game I feel like characters and role links are a bit more obvious. At least it is in my role PM which is specifically why him asking for that information strikes me as odd.

I threw earth in there because he lightly echoed mharmans earlier thoughts on the RVS thing but ultimately he isn’t really doing anything else. I just saw him jump on a read that seemed popular at the time while I was absent and so that screams scummy to me, but ultimately earth hasn’t really contributed a lot, which is typical of earth regardless of affiliation. I feel like he’s someone we shouldn’t ignore though or let fly under the radar. But yeah I think I’m more sus of mharman of the two.
Lunatic
Lunatic
And Whiteflame has a point about joebob too. I keep forgetting he’s in the game. He feels far more silent than usual.
Lunatic
Lunatic
damn. Despite what I just said part of me doesn’t see mharman dipping on a scum mate like that if he’s scum. 

Lunatic
Lunatic
Anyways with Austin’s revelation that he is not pulling some town gambit, I am forced to keep my vote on savant here. If he flips town then Austin is scum.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Savant
Can you protect your own lynch?
Earth
Earth
Alright I'm sick of waiting around. Savant's claim is odd anyway.

VTL Savant
JoeBob
JoeBob
-->
@Lunatic
I keep forgetting he’s in the game
😨
Casey_Risk
Casey_Risk
-->
@Barney
@Mharman
Thanks for letting me know. Barney may be able to step in for you. 
JoeBob
JoeBob
retreading dp and ill give thoughtw
ill try to be more active 
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
-->
@Earth
Do you have any experience in AA?
I've watched a lot of playthroughs, so reasonably so.
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
-->
@Earth
Very very close to it. It's odd that Savant mentioned a "she" when the Shakespeare paraphrase seems to be referring to the Simon Blackquill case.
Actually this is just a blatant scumslip, good catch. Yeet Savant with prejudice.

Mharman
Mharman
My final thoughts before I dip:

I’m still leaning scum on Lunatic. I don’t understand the logic of what he’s doing this game. I feel like his vote on me was complete nonsense earlier, basically just “Mharman exists, maybe it’s him” and then he just builds a case later because we disagree on what RVS is. Then, when I say “how tf am I going to know your ideas from your perspective,” he just says I’m playing it off as a misunderstanding. No shit I’m gonna get defensive, Lunatic; your logic is shit and I’d rather not be mislynched. In his eyes, my denial is a confession. If that’s all he’s got that’s hilarious.

Not to mention, he isn’t even looking within Savant and Wylted that much anymore. He spent a lot of time talking about how Austin could be on some gambit. I don’t buy that- I think if you’re in a claimed dreamer’s group, scum is either in your group or the person claiming dreamer. If this is some kind of town gambit on Austin’s part, it’s the dumbest thing I’ve ever seen, and I think Austin smarter than that. I think Savant is right when he says what Lunatic is doing this as a way of dodging POE. 

But, for whatever reason, Wylted townreads him. I can’t say I agree, but I will admit Wylted’s reads were better than mine last game. So who knows what Wylted’s figured out. I mean he says Lunatic being erratic is a town tell but Lunatic doesn’t strike me as the erratic type. Maybe Wylted has something else figured out, but I don’t see it.

Leaning town on Savant. I’ve been reading his posts and to me, I see the thought process. I see how he jumps from one idea to another, but it looks more cohesive than erratic. To be honest, even if he is tunneling a bit, I don’t see how that makes him scum. He was literally town and doing that last game. Not to mention that if Austin is to be believed, it makes sense to focus on looking for scum among those three he dreamed about.

I will admit however, that his role claim doesn’t make much sense and being willing to character claim so early with little pressure isn’t automatically towny given that we’re in a game where mafia can ask who’s in the game. And if Wylted’s logic about Lunatic’s behavior is correct, then perhaps Savant’s behavior and thought process as expressed in his posts are a little too crafted.

I still hard town read Wylted. The first slip where he tagged Pie could’ve been easily faked, but the whole thing where we false CC’d Austin bc two character have similar names is towny af to me. There’s also just his vibes in general.

My read on Austin is weird. Again, either he’s found scum among his pool of three or he’s scum; I don’t think he’s doing any weird gambit if he’s town.

I like him as town from a mechanical standpoint. I think Wylted is right that dreamer sounds like a role Pie would put in his game and I also like how well his character and role fit together. It feels a little too concrete to be faked by mafia who learned Maya Fey and dreamer wasn’t in the game. It is possible given that Pie having a say in this setup means there’s a chance he could told Casey to reward scum who go for the risky claims (I think this was the case in the Percy Jackson game he did?), but I don’t think it’s likely because of how well it looks like it fits, especially from my perspective.

From a behavioral standpoint, it’s a bit strange.  It feels like he drew way too much attention to his own softclaim, breading over and over again… it’s like he wanted town to figure it out as soon as possible, and to me, the point of breading is to be less obvious so you can reveal it when the time is right. Even his earlier appeal to how Maya was the deuteragonist of the series feels disingenuous given what was stated on Post #1. It reads as “look at me, I’m this role and I can’t possibly be scum!”

And yet, if he really did dream about those three and knows one of them is scum, it makes sense if he were to start leading town in the direction of those three asap. I just think the way he approached it is so weird.

As for everyone else… I’m still unsure. I kinda line what Owen is doing here, although the buddying with Savant is a little bit excessive. But hey, maybe if you’re a rookie you’re gonna be hard buddying the only person you town read. I feel like Earth is hiding a bit too far in the back, so that’s off putting. Whiteflame is interesting, but nothing strikes me as wrong about him. Joebob is also hiding in the back a lot; at least Earth took the time to consider whether or not they should go with my claim suggestion. Whenever JoeBob does step in he’s basically says something like “I have no idea what’s going on, please helps.” I don’t think Joebob is that much of a noob anymore.

So my current scum reads are Lunatic and Joebob. Savant, Earth and Austin are possible; Austin is more plausible than Earth, who is more plausible than Savant imo 

I recommend y’all lynch Lunatic this DP and go from there. If y’all really feel I’m that wrong on Savant, go for it I guess. But please, keep an eye on Austin and dig deep into him if scum isn’t lynched today.

That’s all, peace out.
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@Casey_Risk
Oh I forgot about Barney. Lmk know if he can’t, I have connections and can find someone else.
WyIted
Debates: 28
WyIted
-->
@Mharman
But, for whatever reason, Wylted townreads him. I can’t say I agree, but I will admit Wylted’s reads were better than mine last game. So who knows what Wylted’s figured out. I mean he says Lunatic being erratic is a town tell but Lunatic doesn’t strike me as the erratic type. Maybe Wylted has something else figured out, but I don’t see it.
I consider it a weak read. I actually grew with a lot of what you said with the exception of stuff we already talked about

Savant
Savant
-->
@Earth
Sorry I misread the PM. Casey does say the friend is a "he"