Ace Attorney Mafia DP1

Author: Casey_Risk

Read-only
Total: 884
AustinL0926
Debates: 33
AustinL0926
I am ngl I think Savant and Owen is the team. Thoughts?
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
I've been lazy af in this game but I will actually make a Savant case today because I think his progression and reads this game have felt, like, really forced.
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
-->
@whiteflame
I get where you're coming from. I'd really like to know the details of his role as well, but given that he's currently my strongest townread (see: the whole CC debacle, including his view that you were likely town despite his CC, as well as the character herself being almost a gimme for this game), I can only surmise that there's some reason Austin is keeping that info to himself. He's not playing it the way I would, as I feel that it's net negative on utility given the possibility of a mislynch, but I'm also not going to push him to out his role at this point.
Not going to full claim the specifics of my role unless I'm at L -1. Without going into too much details, I'll either eat an NK or force scum to spend their resources on me, so you'll have to trust that for now.
WyIted
Debates: 28
WyIted
-->
@AustinL0926
I am ngl I think Savant and Owen is the team. Thoughts?
Owen has been putting up threads claiming to worship savant, in case you want to understand that dynamic better. 
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Owen_T
From what I know, he's an experienced player. He could very well be doing RVS votes to look like a townie.
I could see that. Personally I would never town read anyone for RVS, I just wouldn't scum read them for it either
WyIted
WyIted
When Owen is showing effort ry to interact with his thought processes and give feedback please. 

I don't see how we replace mafia players who drop off, without bending over backwards to be super welcoming. 
Earth
Debates: 4
Earth
-->
@Casey_Risk
Time check?
Casey_Risk
Debates: 3
Casey_Risk
-->
@Earth
Time check?
About 26 hours remain in the DP.
Savant
Debates: 23
Savant
-->
@AustinL0926
Do you want a full claim?
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@Savant
Yes.
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@Savant
If you really think your role sucks, there's no reason not to.
Savant
Savant
-->
@Mharman
Sure, I'm the magistrate. I can prevent someone from getting lynched the next day. Imo, this just takes power away from the town since I don't have any special information.

The reason I didn't claim earlier is I would want to draw a night kill from scum to protect more important roles. Maybe they'd think I was lying about my role being bad.
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@Lunatic
Thought I’d have more time at work to write out my reads, but it looks like those will have to wait until I’m done here.

I am at least going to address these pings and I’ll respond to other things going on when I’m done as well.

Luna, you mentioned wanting to pressure Mharman and Earth. They both at least posted some response, with the former being defensive of their posture and the latter being dismissive. Setting aside their responses, I do find it odd that after they responded, no one addressed this. There’s been very little focus on Mharman, Earth, JoeBob and me throughout much of this DP.
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
Yeah I think I'm willing to angle away from those three (Savant/Luna/Wylted) this DP, although I will be suspicious if Savant doesn't confirm himself very soon. Earth and Joebob have been lowposting, I've generally gotten town pings from whiteflame and Mharman so idk.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Mharman
I don’t think this is particularly risky given how many characters are in this game. I am also a lawyer born before Jan 1, 2000.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@AustinL0926
Not going to full claim the specifics of my role unless I'm at L -1. Without going into too much details, I'll either eat an NK or force scum to spend their resources on me, so you'll have to trust that for now.
I may not understand why, but I think I’ve made it clear that I’m trusting you to make the call given my townread.
Earth
Earth
I don't understand why Savant was so cagey about his role.
JoeBob
Debates: 3
JoeBob
-->
@AustinL0926
Earth and Joebob have been lowposting
when it’s two people debating in these mafia threads, I don’t generally know how to react to that so I just don’t post. I also have no clue how to scum hunt so that’s another thing I need to figure out.
Savant
Savant
-->
@AustinL0926
I can confirm my role but not my affiliation. Town should probably agree on who I use my power on though.
Savant
Savant
-->
@Earth
I don't understand why Savant was so cagey about his role.
No one asked for it, plus it helps scum narrow down who might have power roles.
Savant
Savant
My role is confirmable, and if you can connect it to my character and then figure out the theme split, maybe I can be confirmed as town. That's about it.
Savant
Savant
-->
@AustinL0926
Yeah I think I'm willing to angle away from those three (Savant/Luna/Wylted) this DP
Why? From your POV, it's basically Luna or me. Even if you just flip a coin, those are betrter odds than you'll get anywhere else. Plus if we lynch one of us, no one else has to reveal their role to scum.
Savant
Savant
-->
@Lunatic
I'm gonna be honest, I'm not even trying to tunnel. If someone else is more sus than you, just tell me why, and I'm willing to consider going after them.
Earth
Earth
then figure out the theme split, maybe I can be confirmed as town. 
Yeah, I'm not going to go through some herculean effort just to confirm you as town.
Earth
Earth
-->
@Mharman
Know what? I talked myself into it. My character was born before Jan 1st, 2000.
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
-->
@Savant
Justification? Don't see any reason not to give it at this point.
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
-->
@Savant
Why? From your POV, it's basically Luna or me. Even if you just flip a coin, those are betrter odds than you'll get anywhere else. Plus if we lynch one of us, no one else has to reveal their role to scum.
Because it's probably one of you, and it's going to self-resolve if you confirm your role.
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
-->
@Savant
My role is confirmable, and if you can connect it to my character and then figure out the theme split, maybe I can be confirmed as town. That's about it.
Can you explain what you mean by this?
Earth
Earth
-->
@Savant
What's your role justification?
Savant
Savant
-->
@AustinL0926
According to Casey, my character is a defense attorney. This is because my friend confessed to a crime I knew she didn't commit. This is why I can prevent people from being lynched.

If you buy that justification, my character is Athena Cykes and therefore on team good. However, the theme split could also be men vs women since all the claims so far have been women. If that's the case, my character still confirms be as town if the justification is that convincing.