Lunatic
Official Vote Count:

Casey- 1/4- DD
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@WyIted
I am sure mharman will want to delay the hammer so don't vote yet out of respect for him, we can use Barney and WF's reactions to the train to scum hunt next DP anyway.
WyIted
Debates: 29
WyIted
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
i can wait
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@Barney
@Casey_Risk
Alright, got a break in my day.

At this point, my PoE leaves me sussing Barney and Casey. WyIted basically confirmed himself by hammering Pie, and though they had a lot of back-and-forth with Pie that was combative, I just don't see either DD or Mharman being scum, particularly the latter with a claim like that that will be confirmable. DD is more of a gutread based on his behavior last DP as well as his decision not to claim. I think scum would want to earn towncred while town would want to use that uncertainty to test roles, which he has been actively doing all DP.

For Barney, it's not so much that he has delayed posting his role, but that he said he would post it and then conveniently forgot about that the next day. Considering that 420 got himself modkilled the next day, I could at least understand if he'd given a reason for not posting his claim, but he just swept it under the rug. I've seen Barney push back on claiming as town, and he's usually much more vocal about his frustrations with being pushed into it, especially as town. Aside from a couple of good listed reads posts, he's mainly tended to fluff post as well, though his missing my pointing out the RB is at least a point in favor of his being town - I think a scum partner would've pointed it out to him.

For Casey, it's partially the coasting I was seeing much of DP1 and partially this pushback on the total RB. Even if two of the four people who have claimed to be RB'd are scum, that's at least two roles that we know were RB'd. At the very least, we know that multiple RBs occurred, so belaboring this point seems like an attempt to keep certain players in their PoE. The suggestion of scum having a 2X RB (I'm guessing meaning that they can target two people, and not just that they have a person with 2 RB shots) seems even more specifically tailored to putting Barney and I in their PoE with the only reasoning being modpsych and WIFOM tactics from two players. Honestly, this is the main reason I'm questioning my read on Barney, since this would be a strange way to bus him.

While I can see the point of lynching Casey, I think the main benefit of having another NP still stands: we have multiple informational roles that can help limit PoE going forward. I don't see what we stand to lose by doing a VTNL and getting that information. Can someone explain to me how the VTNL is a bad move at this stage?
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@whiteflame
I think the main benefit of having another NP still stands: we have multiple informational roles that can help limit PoE going forward.
Not really. Wylted's doesn't work on even nights and mharman's doesn't have much investigative power. It's just you and Barney, one of which is scum. If you have a more specific plan of action for how you two can catch plan your actions ahead of time to catch scum in a vtnl scenario I am all ears.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Wylted's doesn't work on even nights
He said that at first, but when he "CC'd" me, he posted this, which contradicted his earlier statement about it only being usable on even nights (as did his statement that he chose not to use it last night):
Every night, you can grab some schmuck and make 'em part of your crew.
That being said, it doesn't matter how often he can do it unless we get to NP3, which we can only make it to if we get rid of one scum either this DP or next.

It's just you and Barney, one of which is scum. If you have a more specific plan of action for how you two can catch plan your actions ahead of time to catch scum in a vtnl scenario I am all ears.
That's still at least one informational role result, as well as putting us one DP closer to WyIted giving us another result. Unless we believe Luna gave scum two different means to RB, including a mass RB (which is already pretty broken), scum will have to kill one of us to prevent that, which also improves PoE. So whether one of us dies or gets a result, it benefits town.

WyIted
WyIted
I am impatient but seeing as how town seems to be on the right page now with barney and casey, and I don't have to fear anyone fucking up if scum make the mistake of killing me, than I am fine with a VTNL. I will caution everyone to be very skeptical of results in MYLO/LYLO

Last question. Are we just assuming 2 scum and risking losing the game with a no lynch? Or do we know for a fact it is 2 scum?
Barney
Debates: 53
Barney
-->
@whiteflame
he said he would post it and then conveniently forgot about that the next day
We're on DP2, and literally my first post today was a full claim, with added details that scum are unlikely to have realized to fake then fake.
Barney
Barney
Dashboard
Player                          Character             Role                       NP1
Wylted                          Clan Recruiting   Neighborize        No one
Whiteflame                 Guard Tower        1X  Cop                 RB (Barney)
Casey_risk                  the Witch               Restless Spirit     N/A
Discipulus_didicit                                                                        RBed
Mharman                    blacksmith               Joat giver           RBed (no target selected)

Graveyard
420-1776                       Klause!                   Dark Lord            Mod-killed DP1
Savant                          the Builder!          motivator              Lyched DP1
iLikePie5                      War system!         Lynch-Defier      NKed

No theme split.

Impressions:
My ones from earlier got dominated by a focus on a false alarm scum slip, but one little thing sticks out to me: #66
Above I've filled in Restless Spirit as the role, I don't know if Casey knew that, and Lunatic seems unlikely to have excluded it. Could be another false alarm, but they're in my scum pile (you can consider my vote on them).

Mharman
Debates: 23
Mharman
-->
@WyIted
Honestly let’s use the rest of our time this DP to discuss and VTNL at the end of it. Mostly speaking for myself here, but I think we shouldn’t repeat the same mistakes.
Casey_Risk
Debates: 3
Casey_Risk
-->
@whiteflame
The suggestion of scum having a 2X RB (I'm guessing meaning that they can target two people, and not just that they have a person with 2 RB shots)
To be clear: yes, that is what I meant.

I'm only on a brief break for now. In the meantime, I think we should vote to no lynch for obvious reasons, but also because Barney and Mharman could use their roles NP2. I seriously doubt that the scum multi-player roleblock could be used twice, especially not on consecutive nights. DD could possibly even use his role, whatever it is. The town gets info and doesn't risk throwing the whole game away. I think it's the most sensible move here. 
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@WyIted
Last question. Are we just assuming 2 scum and risking losing the game with a no lynch? Or do we know for a fact it is 2 scum?
I can't really fathom why Luna would give scum more than 2 members in a 9 person game, so the answer is no, but I think more than 2 would be in the territory of bastard modding.

Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@WyIted

If there was 3 mafia it would already be game over so I assume you are suggesting a TP. We can cross that bridge if we get there.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Barney
We're on DP2, and literally my first post today was a full claim, with added details that scum are unlikely to have realized to fake then fake.
Maybe it was just my interpretation that by "tomorrow" you meant the next day rather than the next DP, but I'll take that under consideration.

Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Mharman
@WyIted
Shit I might have to claim.
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
good, I want to just lynch. I know it is safer not to but honestly why not just kick ass right here right now
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
If the plan is for VTNL and my role helping in any way then the plan is not going to work. My role will do nothing to help. If wylted and mharman get on board with not VTNLing then I will claim.
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
fine I won't do it,
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@WyIted
Character: Replay button

Role: 1x sensor

Description: I detect how many scum were on the last lynch train when activated. I cannot activate if there is no lynch.

Justification: Using the replay button a player can look back at an attack and see what went wrong.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
Break ending now but I think wylted will see what I am getting at. I will post on next break.
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
so how many scum were on the lynch last dp? I assume you used it or no?
WyIted
WyIted
yeah so we lynch casey and we can 100%  know who scum is, especially if any refuse to help with the lynch. It either town confirms somebody or scum confirms them
Barney
Barney
Dashboard
Player                          Character             Role                       NP1
Wylted                          Clan Recruiting   Neighborize        No one
Whiteflame                 Guard Tower        1X  Cop                 RB (Barney)
Casey_risk                  the Witch               Restless Spirit     N/A
Discipulus_didicit   Reply Button        1X Sensor             RBed
Mharman                    blacksmith            Joat giver             RBed (no target selected)

Graveyard
420-1776                       Klause!                   Dark Lord            Mod-killed DP1
Savant                          the Builder!          motivator              Lyched DP1
iLikePie5                      War system!         Lynch-Defier      NKed

No theme split.

whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Description: I detect how many scum were on the last lynch train when activated. I cannot activate if there is no lynch.
I get how this works and why you would want a lynch to use it, but that actually makes it harder for me to understand why it's more beneficial to use it for a lynch this DP than it would be to use it for a lynch next DP. The only difference is the number of people on the lynch (4 vs. 3), and that's assuming we're lynching the right target.
Mharman
Mharman
4 investigative abilities is hard for me to believe
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Mharman
They all essentially seem to ben1x with Barney's being the exception. 
Mharman
Mharman
Ok so yesterday I as just mentally checked out when I said this

Also, at this point I’m convinced my ability to read when town is utter shit so don’t expect much analysis from me
Maybe it’s not the best but I cant just not play the game because I’m not good.

So I’ll give analysis, but I’ll try to do in a way that doesn’t fall into the same pitfalls as before.

1. Overcomplicated things
2. I put too much stock into my gut
3. Spent way too much time arguing and not enough considering others’ viewpoints.

So I’m gonna try to listen to others more and keep things a bit simpler (Occams Razor and all). My gut tells me something’s off, I’m not gonna try to look for something that satisfies it, I’m gonna listen to my mind more.

Mharman
Mharman
-->
@WyIted
True, but they’re also all on the weaker side with the exception of Whiteflame. At least in my opinion.

I buy that Casey is scum but the teammate is something I’m not sure of. I give Whiteflame a slight edge over Barney.

You’re my top town read and Disc is a close second.