Total: 742
ILikePie5
Debates: 3
ILikePie5
-->
@whiteflame
@Discipulus_Didicit
@WyIted
Guard Posts are defensive, they have large ranges, and are good for identifying enemy troops before they hit the base.
So here’s the problem with this claim. Guard Posts don’t have a range themselves. You can click on other defenses and see a circle for their range. That doesn’t work for the guard posts. The troops in the guard post aren’t also clickable.

The second part is also shady. Guard posts themselves don’t identify enemy troops. The troops part of the guard post attack enemy troops. There’s nothing to do with identifying them, much less before the enemy troops attack the base.

You can deploy your troops far from the guard post on the opposite side of the base and the troops part of the post won’t come attack unless they are close to the troops themselves. Guard post also doesn’t make sense from an investigative standpoint. It’s a big stretch for an investigative role.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
I asked Lunatic if all the information he provides is factual. His response was that he tries to be accurate as possible but there is a chance he could’ve phrased things oddly because there is a lot of new content and he hasn’t played in while. But I feel like there’s far to many oddities in that justification and the connection to an investigative role 
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Can you use it NP 1?
I'd rather leave that one ambiguous.
420-1776
420-1776
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Do you fully understand the voting system and it's impact on the game?
I don't.

Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@420-1776
Alright, I will teach you how to play.

- There are two teams, those that "win with the town" and those that "win with the mafia". Luna will tell you which in PM. Check your PM and tell me which it is then I will go on with the instructions.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@whiteflame
I'd rather leave that one ambiguous.
I don't like this answer. If you are fake claiming you would this could be an excuse to make up post hoc whether you want to make up a fake result tomorrow or say "oops only even nights" depending on what is convenient. If you are town... I am not asking for the full extent of your capabilities, just for one night ahead so we can lock you into having or not having a result tomorrow. Mafia already knows you are a cop and has you on their kill list either way.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@ILikePie5
So here’s the problem with this claim. Guard Posts don’t have a range themselves. You can click on other defenses and see a circle for their range. That doesn’t work for the guard posts. The troops in the guard post aren’t also clickable.
The way it's framed in my PM is that they can protect buildings out of range of other defensive buildings. I assumed that meant they had extended range, hence my paraphrasing.

The second part is also shady. Guard posts themselves don’t identify enemy troops. The troops part of the guard post attack enemy troops. There’s nothing to do with identifying them, much less before the enemy troops attack the base.
The idea is that they're identified before arriving at the base. I assumed that meant that the player could see them and know what kind of attack was coming.

You can deploy your troops far from the guard post on the opposite side of the base and the troops part of the post won’t come attack unless they are close to the troops themselves. Guard post also doesn’t make sense from an investigative standpoint. It’s a big stretch for an investigative role.
The post does mention the limited number of units as a basis for the limited use case. If they're a part of the range aspect, it's not mentioned.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
I don't like this answer. If you are fake claiming you would this could be an excuse to make up post hoc whether you want to make up a fake result tomorrow or say "oops only even nights" depending on what is convenient. If you are town... I am not asking for the full extent of your capabilities, just for one night ahead so we can lock you into having or not having a result tomorrow. Mafia already knows you are a cop and has you on their kill list either way.
Since scum are also likely to try to RB me rather than kill me, I'd say it matters, but since you're right that I'm more likely to be a target for the NK, I'll say that my answer is yes. I will get a result DP1 assuming I'm not RB'd or killed.

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@whiteflame
The way it's framed in my PM is that they can protect buildings out of range of other defensive buildings. I assumed that meant they had extended range, hence my paraphrasing.
Fair enough

The idea is that they're identified before arriving at the base. I assumed that meant that the player could see them and know what kind of attack was coming.
Well that’s not exactly true.

The post does mention the limited number of units as a basis for the limited use case. If they're a part of the range aspect, it's not mentioned.
Let’s try this. Ask ChatGPT to rephrase/paraphrase.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@whiteflame
 I will get a result DP1 assuming I'm not RB'd or killed.
Fair stipulations. I will wait to let other players give their takes on pie's posts and teach 420-1776 how to play.
Savant
Debates: 23
Savant
-->
@WyIted
Earlier everyone was calling me completely insane for my reads. Now we're agreeing that whiteflame is town and 420 is not an automatically safe town read. Maybe it's time to consider my other read that everyone ignored—that is, Pie being scum.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@ILikePie5
Let’s try this. Ask ChatGPT to rephrase/paraphrase.
Admittedly haven't used ChatGPT much, so I had to try multiple inputs before it spit out something that looked different enough that it could be called paraphrasing:

"This structure can defend buildings that other defensive structures cannot reach. With a few troops stationed there, it helps to detect enemies from a greater distance outside your base."

whiteflame
whiteflame
To be clear, I mean when I put in the last sentence, it just started spitting it back at me as is or with one or two words changed. The internal sentences at least gave me something slightly more different.

Casey_Risk
Casey_Risk
-->
@Savant
Earlier everyone was calling me completely insane for my reads. Now we're agreeing that whiteflame is town and 420 is not an automatically safe town read. Maybe it's time to consider my other read that everyone ignored—that is, Pie being scum.
I mean, clearly we aren't all in agreement that Whiteflame is town, given that Pie is sus of him. Since I know basically nothing about CoC, I have absolutely no idea what to make of his description of his role, though I will say that Cop is a pretty ballsy claim to make right out the gate, since a claim like that is ripe for being counter-claimed. Maybe Pie has some more information that would give us good reason to sus him of fake claiming, but for now I lean town on Whiteflame.

As for Pie, he could be scum, but so could anyone else at this point. I have a null read on most players right now. Why, specifically, do you believe Pie is scum? I'd like to hear your whole argument.
Barney
Debates: 53
Barney
Dashboard
Player                          Character             Role              NP1
Wylted                          Grand Wizard?     Lights crosses on his enemies lawns... Correction, David Duke, with the power of Jewdar (everyone, remember that he's a clown)
Whiteflame                 Guard Tower        Cop
iLikePie5                      
Savant                                                             (active)
Casey_risk
Discipulus_didicit
Mharman
420-1776
Barney                       Purple Dinosaur   Singer

No theme split.

Notes:
Savant and iLikePie5 have a feud going on (if one dies, it could be an attempt to frame the other, but it could also be the other is legit guilty). 

Whiteflame- 3/5- wylted, iLikePie5, DD
I'm sus of DD's involvement here. Whiteflame posted that he would be away for a couple hours, then fifthteen minutes later DD votes without tagging him. 

Not seeing too much else to go on, but I admit to being very weak DP1.
Barney
Debates: 53
Barney
-->
@TheUnderdog
@420-1776
Dude, you need to bring us some more Up Dog or we're going to have to put you down.

*Activity Ping*

VTL 420
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@whiteflame
Admittedly haven't used ChatGPT much, so I had to try multiple inputs before it spit out something that looked different enough that it could be called paraphrasing:

"This structure can defend buildings that other defensive structures cannot reach. With a few troops stationed there, it helps to detect enemies from a greater distance outside your base."
Ig I can see it. It’s still a stretch to me, but the plausibility is there
Savant
Savant
-->
@Casey_Risk
Well now I've got a pretty good reason in that he's sussing the claimed cop. That should make him everyone's top scum read. Pie knows he has to sus all of WyIted's other non-town-reads because one of them is probably getting lynched today.

Earlier he tried to get me to accuse 420, and he instantly used my answer to scum read me. I think setting something up like that would likely come from scum who wants a reason to get another player lynched.
Savant
Savant
-->
@whiteflame
How do you feel about Pie rn? You're the claimed cop, and he's still looking for reasons to sus you.
Mharman
Mharman
Still working on my analysis. Mostly processing the possibilities. I'll give at least something of somewhat large substance before I go to bed.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Savant
Well now I've got a pretty good reason in that he's sussing the claimed cop.
Him claiming cop means nothing. I was in a game with Lunatic where cop was basically the fake claim.

That should make him everyone's top scum read. Pie knows he has to sus all of WyIted's other non-town-reads because one of them is probably getting lynched today.
??

Earlier he tried to get me to accuse 420, and he instantly used my answer to scum read me.
No. I asked you if you were scumreading 420. You said you were null on him. So why are you telling Wylted what to believe and not to believe? That’s why I suspected you. I still do. If you affiliation confirm yourself, then you will be confirmed.

I think setting something up like that would likely come from scum who wants a reason to get another player lynched.
That makes zero sense. It’s also odd that you’re not going after DD who is basically doing the same thing. This is what we call tunnel.
Mharman
Mharman
Okay, so I (my OCD) wanted to do another full post of updated reads on everybody, but I don’t have time this late… so I’ll give updated thoughts on 3 ppl who I think are relevant rn.

420: Still town. While I still buy that he town slipped earlier, there’s a point where one has to doubt how genuine his noobiness is. When he said he doesn’t t understand voting, he hit it.

However, i don’t think it’s scummy. Casey gave a good anecdote, but I will give my own: In my first ever game, I was town, and still faked noob townslips to avoid getting mislynched because I was afraid of it. I did this after ppl took notice of my first slip, which was genuine.

Savant: Still scum. I will give some credit for his more original thoughts as of late, but at the start of this game, his play was entirely reactionary. In his previous two games he was town and tried to direct town more than react to them. I don’t like his defense either bc it seems like a tactic to buy some extra time. 

That being said, my suspicions will have to be put on hold. Like it or not, lynching someone potentially, even if unlikely, confirmable is too risky for my tastes. I suppose we can take a one for one trade at the worst.

Whiteflame: Scum. I can’t find a good reason for him being townie. The cop claim is waaaaay too sus for me, especially him saying he can get a result tonight. That doesn’t sound like something in a Lunatic game, and I have seen Lunatic confirm to scum once that there was no cop. A hint in that direction here isn’t impossible. As pie said, the logic for being cop doesn’t match up.

Even if the unlikely is true and he’s town, I’m okay risking it here bc he’s going to be useless all game from here on out, either nked or rbed into oblivion.

I Will think more about everyone else before voting, but so far I’m down for a Whiteflame lynch. Lynching him here would also give good information on alternative scum team theories, which I think is more valuable than anything he could provide at this point on the off chance he’s not lying.
Mharman
Mharman
That’s all for tonight.
WyIted
Debates: 28
WyIted
-->
@Savant
Earlier everyone was calling me completely insane for my reads.
I don't think I did that and I don't think anyone else did either. 

Now we're agreeing that whiteflame is town and 420 is not an automatically safe town read.

No

Maybe it's time to consider my other read that everyone ignored—that is, Pie being scum.
He is not in my town pool. 

WyIted
Debates: 28
WyIted
-->
@whiteflame

To be clear, I mean when I put in the last sentence, it just started spitting it back at me as is or with one or two words changed. The internal sentences at least gave me something slightly more different.
You are never going to be a prompt engineer at this rate. Here is how you ask it to paraphrase

Dear chat GPT,

Please paraphrase this but do it in the style of Andrew dice clay. 

Savant
Savant
-->
@ILikePie5
@Mharman
@WyIted
Whiteflame: Scum. I can’t find a good reason for him being townie. The cop claim is waaaaay too sus for me, especially him saying he can get a result tonight.
Ok, so scum are probably Pie and Mharman.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@ILikePie5
@Mharman
@Savant
@WyIted
@Casey_Risk
If 420 is town he should not share in the glory of our inevitable victory unless he gets on and starts actually playing. 

Therefore I hereby excommunicate 420-1776 from the town. He is to be considered a third party jester for all victory purposes unless we decide to lynch him at which time he will be considered a third party survivor. He may redeem himself in the eyes of God and reacquire the town role given to him by Lunatic if and only if he begins to play the game.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@whiteflame
As for this guy I have similar problems with the claim that pie has. I haven't played Coc since 2015 so didn't know what a guard post was but after looking it up it seems like it functions similar to a clan castle in defense. I think there would be better options for a cop character like the scouting button for example. I seem to remember Whiteflame saying he wasn't very familiar with the game and I would expect a fake claim from someone unfamiliar with the game to be something basic like a unit or building (I am not a unit or building and neither is Wylted so those aren't the only things Lunatic thought of).
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Barney
@420-1776
Post 267 contains critical information but I think I can only tag 5 at a time.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Savant
How do you feel about Pie rn? You're the claimed cop, and he's still looking for reasons to sus you.
I think it's fair game to call me on my justification. Given that there's no theme split here and that we know scum were given some information to inform their fake claims, I think it's reasonable to do what we can to sus out fake claims however we can, and given that there are only two claims on the table and one is role confirmable after DP2 (WyIted's), I'd be more sus of him if he ignored it entirely.