Author: Lunatic

Read-only
Total: 742
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@Mharman
Whiteflame: Scum. I can’t find a good reason for him being townie. The cop claim is waaaaay too sus for me, especially him saying he can get a result tonight. That doesn’t sound like something in a Lunatic game, and I have seen Lunatic confirm to scum once that there was no cop. A hint in that direction here isn’t impossible. As pie said, the logic for being cop doesn’t match up.
Considering Luna started off this game by saying that it was "going to be a very swingy game," I don't see why getting a result tonight is impossible. Maybe I've missed it, but I haven't seen him put that kind of disclaimer up front in previous games. As for sussing the Cop claim, like I said to Savant, there's always the possibility of a fake claim, so I don't blame you for being wary of it. I've said what I can about the justification, so I'll leave it at that.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
As for this guy I have similar problems with the claim that pie has. I haven't played Coc since 2015 so didn't know what a guard post was but after looking it up it seems like it functions similar to a clan castle in defense. I think there would be better options for a cop character like the scouting button for example. I seem to remember Whiteflame saying he wasn't very familiar with the game and I would expect a fake claim from someone unfamiliar with the game to be something basic like a unit or building (I am not a unit or building and neither is Wylted so those aren't the only things Lunatic thought of).
I did say that, and since I haven't played the game at all, I'd say my knowledge of CoC is right around nil. As for there being better potential options for Cop, that's a mod psych argument that I've made myself on games where I knew the theme much better and it's often sent me in the wrong direction. Still, I can't argue that because I frankly have no clue what the scouting button is.
420-1776
Debates: 3
420-1776
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
I win the town, if that is needed information.
whiteflame
whiteflame
I've had some time to think on the DP and while there aren't a lot of people I'd say stand out, the efforts of some to fall under the radar stand out to me. I don't put 420 in that camp because the few posts he has made have been more indicators of his lack of familiarity with the game, which makes me think it's more likely that he's just not participating because he doesn't know what to do. If he really is just playing the part, he's doing it well.

I do, however, put Barney and Casey in that camp.

There has been a good deal of fluff and filler in Barney's posts, as well as a great deal of hedging. He posted about how much of what we have at this stage is intuition, which is a pretty basic assessment of how DP1 works, and recently posted a light sus on DD for VTLing me on grounds that he had already made rather clear prior to that. Bringing me to L-2 just after I said I was going away for a bit is frustrating, but not obviously sus to me.

Casey's involvement has been sporadic, and though they posted a view on my claim, they didn't take into account any of the back-and-forth between Pie and me that happened beforehand and just said of it that they know "basically nothing about CoC." Prior to that, their focus seemed largely questioning the various WyIted's and Pie's reads rather than having any distinct insights.

I'd put Savant in a similar camp (he seems pretty dead set on viewing Pie as scum for reasons that frankly don't make a lot of sense based on how Pie has played before), but given that he has stated he has a confirmable role, I'd like to at least give him a chance to confirm.

We have two full claims on the table and I'd be fine with seeking a claim from either Barney or Casey as well before the DP ends.
Savant
Debates: 23
Savant
-->
@whiteflame
@ILikePie5
@Discipulus_Didicit
@WyIted
@420-1776
Doctor/healer/bg should be on whiteflame tonight since he's the cop. Which means I will probably be the night kill, but I'm willing to make that sacrifice.
Savant
Savant
-->
@whiteflame
he seems pretty dead set on viewing Pie as scum for reasons that frankly don't make a lot of sense
My reasoning never makes sense, but it's usually right.
Casey_Risk
Casey_Risk
I'm going to give my reads on the situation here.

Wylted - I'm never sure how to read Wylted, especially during DP1. That being said, he has apparently claimed Neighborizer, a confirmable role, and did so very early,  so I highly doubt he's lying about it. I don't think Wylted would be the type to claim such a role and then say "Oh noes, I was roleblocked!" Can't see it.

Whiteflame - This is the one I'm most conflicted on. On the one hand, he's an un-cc'ed Cop with an early claim, which is a good sign. On the other hand, both Pie and DD found his explanation of his role based on his character to be a bit sus. Right now, it feels like I'm viewing an argument about whether Dart Monkeys in Bloons Tower Defense having an upgrade that lets them see camo means they have camo vision, except I've never played BTD before in my life and don't know what a dart monkey is. Maybe Whiteflame just genuinely misunderstood his role PM, or maybe he's fakeclaiming. Either way, it's not a good look. For now, I'll say I'm slightly sus of him.

Pie - I'm not really sure how to tell apart scum Pie from town Pie. He's a very active player either way. Nothing he has done so far gives me obvious scum vibes. I'll put him in null for the time being.

Savant - Savant always comes off as slightly scummy to me for whatever reason, but particularly here. I just don't really follow his logic for scumreading Pie, and I don't get why he's so confident and assertive about his scumreads this early in the game. In terms of Savant's vibes, I simply do not like them.

DD - This is my first game with him so far, so I can't do any meta-reads. I'm still not crazy about early conspiracy theories, but he has been giving reads and trying to get players to be active. Slight town read.

Mharman - A few large reads posts and not much else. I can buy that he's been busy with other stuff. It's the Fourth of July weekend after all. Null read.

420 - He could be just playing dumb at the advice of his scum buddy, but if that was the case, I honestly feel like his partner would be telling him to be a bit more active. 420 has just been doing so little that I feel like his townslip at the beginning was more than likely genuine. My strongest townread at this point.

Barney - He hasn't really said that much yet. Barney tends to make fluff posts and such, but even so, I'm not impressed with the lack of substance in what he's written so far. Null, very slightly leaning towards scum.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Savant
My reasoning never makes sense, but it's usually right.
Even if you were right in previous games, though, it doesn't necessarily mean you're right now. I don't think you're going to get the support for a lynch on Pie at this stage, and I wouldn't back it.

Savant
Savant
-->
@whiteflame
Even if you were right in previous games, though, it doesn't necessarily mean you're right now.
Maybe. I'm just saying what my intuition tells me rn.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@WyIted
What do you want to do next 
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Casey_Risk
Whiteflame - This is the one I'm most conflicted on. On the one hand, he's an un-cc'ed Cop with an early claim, which is a good sign. On the other hand, both Pie and DD found his explanation of his role based on his character to be a bit sus. Right now, it feels like I'm viewing an argument about whether Dart Monkeys in Bloons Tower Defense having an upgrade that lets them see camo means they have camo vision, except I've never played BTD before in my life and don't know what a dart monkey is. Maybe Whiteflame just genuinely misunderstood his role PM, or maybe he's fakeclaiming. Either way, it's not a good look. For now, I'll say I'm slightly sus of him.
While I did love playing BTD back in the day, I don't think I could keep up with the new games at all at this stage. Probably be about as lost playing that as I would be with CoC.

In any case, I've already said that there's valid reason to sus my claim, and frankly I don't think anyone should be writing it off because it hasn't been CC'd. I've said all I can about my justification. DD and Pie both seem to know the game far better than I do, but whether the justification is accurate to how a Guard Post works or not, it's the one I've got.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
I seem to remember Whiteflame saying he wasn't very familiar with the game and I would expect a fake claim from someone unfamiliar with the game to be something basic like a unit or building (I am not a unit or building and neither is Wylted so those aren't the only things Lunatic thought of).
I townread you for this. I think it may be of use for everyone to state what type of thing they are—like a Building, Troop, Resource, Boost, etc to lock scum into categories for their fake claims.
Casey_Risk
Casey_Risk
-->
@ILikePie5
I think it may be of use for everyone to state what type of thing they are—like a Building, Troop, Resource, Boost, etc to lock scum into categories for their fake claims.
I'm fine with claiming that. I'm a Troop.
WyIted
Debates: 28
WyIted
-->
@ILikePie5
What do you want to do next
My turn to follow you
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Barney
@Mharman
@Discipulus_Didicit
@Savant
@420-1776
Please state what category your character is in such as Troop, Building, Resource, Boosts, Books, etc
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
Wylted - Recruiting System (Mechanism) - Neighborizor

Whiteflame - Guard Post (Building) - Flavored Cop

Casey - ??? (Troop) - ???
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Lunatic
Timecheck?
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
Exhaustive List of all categories I can think of:

Buildings
Resources
Books
Pets
Heroes
Hero Equipment
Troops 
Spells
Siege Machines

Savant
Savant
I think I'm a resource, but I'm not sure.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Savant
I think I'm a resource, but I'm not sure.
Resources are like Elixir, Gold, Dark Elixir, Gems, Builder Gold, Builder Elixir
ILikePie5
ILikePie5

Savant - ??? (Resource) - ???

Mharman
Mharman
Some scattered thoughts:

I haven't been a fan of claim hunting, but seeing how Whiteflame's claim was used to build a compelling case, there may be more merit to it than what I gave it credit for.

Pie's idea of claiming type of character seems ok at least.

Lynching Savant or Whiteflame feels unnatural (think of it like chess). We have a claimed cop and someone that says he can confirm himself. While it all looks fake, just the prospect of lynching them feels awkward. Me wanting to lynch them (Whiteflame first, as I feel there's far less risk involved that way) feels like wanting to play a move in chess that you've calculated and seems correct, but it's so out there that you wonder if it's the kind of blunder that you fail to see exactly why it's a blunder... and yet, because you can't find a refutation for it, you still want to play it anyway.

With that being said, it's worth looking elsewhere on the board for a starting point for the next move... instead of calculating one move and its sequences out, maybe see what patterns and themes can be found in this in-game puzzle. I mentioned the idea of alternative scum team theories earlier; I think it's time to explore some of those. I'll expand on this soon, for now I want everyone to think for a second: Among those whom you town read, is there anything they've said that bothers you, but you've pushed it away in the context of everything else they've said? If there is, look into it a bit more.

I remember a time when Lunatic (I think it was him at least) once said, that at the end of the day, we don't know what a game mod will put in their game, and it's a bad idea to guess based on their tendencies. This is noteworthy because some earlier logic I stated ignores this idea.

The rest of town was ready to lynch me earlier, but now they've almost completely backed off on me. While I'm thrilled to not a target for a mislynch right now, it feels so easy. Too easy. Something could be very amiss.

Someone (Wylted iirc) mentioned the possibility of VTNLing earlier. I don't like that idea. Just seeing any affiliation reveal, even town (although not preferred) would help me among the multiple theories I'm thinking about.
Savant
Savant
-->
@ILikePie5
Yeah I think I'm similar to that
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@ILikePie5
I think it may be of use for everyone to state what type of thing they are—like a Building, Troop, Resource, Boost, etc to lock scum into categories for their fake claims.
I'm fine with this, keeping in mind that there is no theme split of course. I don't see any harm though and as you say it will lock scum in for future reference.

I am a button.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5

Savant - ??? (Resource) - ???

Disc - ??? (Button) - ???

Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Mharman
Do it.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
With Lunatic saying the game is very swingy and could end quickly, and there also not being a theme, I think it may be optimal to No Lynch as of right now. Tomorrow we will have a lot more information. I still want everyone to claim their category and we can move from there

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Mharman
There’s no downside. Each category has multiple items with different uses. It’s impossible for scum to judge
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@420-1776
Okay, there are 9 players. 7 of them are town and 2 are mafia (aka scum).

The game is divided into day phases and night phases.

Each day phase players can post in the day phase thread, during the night phase you cannot post but you can use your power.

Each day phase the 9 players get together to vote one of the players out of the game (this is called a lynch) and each night the mafia team gets to choose one tiwn peraon to eliminate from the game (this is called a night kill). Any questions so far?
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@420-1776
Read the guide posted in forum games