Clash Of Clans Mafia Day Phase 1

Author: Lunatic

Read-only
Total: 742
Savant
Debates: 23
Savant
Unless it's an exact match, I'd be hesitant to call it one. Luna did not say anything about allowing scum to ask about roles, and I doubt a player as risk-averse as WF would claim cop as scum.
Savant
Savant
-->
@WyIted
Could be Mharman and Discipulus_Didicit
WyIted
Debates: 28
WyIted
-->
@Savant
"I might have a sort of cc" is just too vague
The sentence where the CC occurs not that sentence. WtF

Hey, Wylted! You're the Big Boss of the Clan, baby! Every night, you can grab some schmuck and make 'em part of your crew. If they got the stones to join, they get an invite to your private little clubhouse on Discord, where you can shoot the breeze and plot all night long.

Now, listen up! If you snag a mafia, you ain't gonna know. But those sneaky bastards are gonna get a leg up each time one of their dirtbags slips into your gang. On the third night, you get to ask me if there’s any of those rat bastards in your crew. I'll give ya a straight yes or no, unless you get blocked or whacked. You're in it to win it with the town, so don’t screw it up!
It's a soft cop . See bold
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Savant
Could be Mharman and Discipulus_Didicit
Maybe but I think whiteflame had had plenty of time to actually be fully transparent about their role. I told him to do it, which means he knew I was considering joining the lynch wagon and he didn't provide more details. 

He also should know that it eliminating him from my scum pool.is co.siderably more important than maintaining his roles utility. 
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@WyIted
I agree with your reasoning for saying the slip theory is a bit iffy but pie is pushing way too hard for a no lynch for my comfort.
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@WyIted
My brain personally does shortcuts like this

Lunatic- game could end early

Me- NP1 is early maybe it could end NP1

How I relay information might be

Me- lunatic said game could end on np1
I know that’s possible in theory, but I don’t know why Pie would ever think the game could end on NP1 and be scared of that. He should know the town can’t possibly lose that quickly.

I think that he saw a warning of a potential bomb from Lunatic, and said “oh damn I gotta watch for that”…. Then, when the time came to say why he didn’t want to wait for your claim, the confusion happened and he slipped 
Savant
Savant
-->
@Mharman
@Discipulus_Didicit
@WyIted
Hey, Wylted! You're the Big Boss of the Clan, baby! Every night, you can grab some schmuck and make 'em part of your crew. If they got the stones to join, they get an invite to your private little clubhouse on Discord, where you can shoot the breeze and plot all night long.
Ugh, that does seem pretty similar, which makes WF less safe. I'd still rather not lynch him day 1, and the Pie train is gaining some traction, so there may be something there.

VTL Pie
Savant
Savant
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
I'm fine going after Pie. His behavior rubbed me wrong from the start, and your behavior makes a lot more sense going back and reading WyIted's sort-of-counterclaim.
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@Savant
Look at everything I have posted today after Lunatic’s latest vote count. Read between the lines. If you do that, you have a reason to think I am town.
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@Savant
At the very least, you’ll have a more detailed window into my my thought process 
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@Lunatic
Vote count?
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Mharman
I don't think we are going to get Savant to vote for WF and I don't think we are going to get wylted to vote for pie (happy to be proven wrong in either case though). I have to go to work in 2 hours so it is up to you to get Casey and Barney on board with one of those lynches. My first break is less than an hour before the DP ends, I will leave my vote on WF but if pie is L-1 I will hop on that.

We are dangerously close to a no lynch. This is why I don't like waiting for the last minute.
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
I am very much ok with lynching Pie over Whiteflame

Mharman
Mharman
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Reason being is that idt a teammate for Pie can really be established conclusively at this point.
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@WyIted
Maybe but I think whiteflame had had plenty of time to actually be fully transparent about their role. I told him to do it, which means he knew I was considering joining the lynch wagon and he didn't provide more details. 

He also should know that it eliminating him from my scum pool.is co.siderably more important than maintaining his roles utility. 
Alright, it's taking me a bit to catch up this morning (probably shouldn't have given blood yesterday - it had me half-asleep for much of the afternoon and in bed far later than usual this morning), but since you've brought this up a couple of times and VTL'd me as a result, I'm going to cover it now.

I didn't respond directly to you about your desire to have me elucidate my claim, but I did say why, and that has everything to do with my role's utility. Frankly, my transparency on it isn't going to change anything aside from possibly your vote. Everyone else has been sussing the existence of the Cop role in this game and/or the justification, and I've already had to give up far more information about my role than I think should have been necessary. As for whether doing so impacts my persistence in your scum pool, that's a risk I'm willing to take. If you need to lynch me because I'm not willing to give up the entirety of my role's utility, then I'm either dead or useless, which will end with me dead either by NK or lynch next DP. You're not giving me an out, you're giving me no choice at all.

As for the elucidation of your claim, I don't really get why the PM apparently says scum will "get a leg up" when you recruit them, then says that you would also get info on whether scum is in that pool. So within the same PM, you're being told that your role can help scum somehow... and allow narrow the pool of likely scum substantially? I'm having trouble understanding how those two go together. As for this being a "a bit of a CC," I guess I can see that if I squint, but all this suggests is that you're effectively a Dreamer that can select your targets and only get results by NP3. Having two different roles that give information on affiliation, especially when one of them is targeted to single individuals and the other gives information about a pool of players, doesn't seem out of the realm of possibility in a game where the mod has said multiple times that the game is swingy.
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@whiteflame
I did say a possible teammate for Pie couldn’t be established conclusively… but I didn’t say one couldn’t be established at all.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Barney
There is a high probably of us mislynching DP1.

420 won't do any good sitting there being idle. If anyone knows of an inbound replacement, great, but if not he should be our kill.

If we don't kill him, every day we'll have one less vote, even while the votes needed will stay the same. This gives scum too much control.
Lynching 420 is just the lazy choice at this point, and frankly still feels very unwarranted and runs counter to most reads on him. I'd prefer replacing him for future DPs instead, though I know that comes with its own problem of trying to find another player to take over.
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
We are dangerously close to a no lynch. This is why I don't like waiting for the last minute.
Forgot to address this. 

I see ur point but I still think we have enough tome. Plus, I wouldn’t have found what I did about Pie if some had hammered last night
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@whiteflame
Lynching 420 is just the lazy choice at this point, and frankly still feels very unwarranted and runs counter to most reads on him. I'd prefer replacing him for future DPs instead, though I know that comes with its own problem of trying to find another player to take over.
Yeah, that’s why I said a dead townie can take over for 420. Looking at it from a mod perspective, it’s not preferable to finding someone completely new to this specific game of mafia to replace in, but it’s better than keeping him in
420-1776
Debates: 3
420-1776
-->
@Mharman
Also, stop playing scared.
I'm not playing scared.  I'm playing confused.  Besides, I'm only in this game to get 50 posts or so so I can make satire claims on the fourms.  But I'm not allowed to spam.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Savant
Right now your head is on the chopping block, and we are in danger of losing our only cop. Even if Discipulus_Didicit is town, leaving him alive will always be a liability. I recommend voting against him if you don't want to be mislynched.
I understand where you're coming from, but I have a really hard time believing DD is scum based on everything he has posted so far. The only thing that stuck out to me so far is that he pretty much followed Pie's lead when it came to sussing me based on my justification, but as he has stayed on my wagon, he has expanded that reasoning and, at the very least, I can see how he's reaching that conclusion. Obviously, I don't think it's valid and I think it's a huge risk for town, but if anything his persistence on my lynch when others have peeled off of it makes me think he's more likely to be town. Also, if the goal is just to prevent a lynch on me, I don't think turning this into an OMGUS on DD solves the problem.

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Mharman
If this game is that swingy, that doesn’t mean town can lose NP1 like you fear. That’s likely mafia that can lose that quickly.
Debatable. But why mention the game will end quickly if it’s NP2. 

The soonest I can see us losing is NP2. Knowing it’s a 9 player game, the soonest town can lose normally would be DP3, but I can see some weird stuff happening that allows mafia to end the game on NP2. I remember in another Lunatic game (MMA Mafia, where I was scum), Whiteflame and I abused it for the win.
Was that the Vote Thief game?
Mharman
Mharman
That was worded stupidly. I’m saying that if I’m a mod, I’d rather get someone not in the game to replace than someone who was just in the game and died, but the latter is better than not replacing
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Mharman
ATTENTION

I think I may have found a scum slip.

—————————————————————

Post #71: (paraphrased)

Wylted: I’ll give you my claim next DP

Pie: No because Lunatic said the game could end NP1

—————————————————————

The problem? Lunatic never said that. I checked all of his posts up to that point. He said the game could end quickly for either side, but he never said NP1. 
That’s correct, I assumed it could if he’s saying it’s that swingy.

I’ve been feeling that Pie was irrationally and unusually scared ever since he started to promote the idea of a VTNL, but this might be why. 
So now you’re parroting Savant talking points?

The only real way Pie can say that Lunatic said the game could end NP1 is, hear me out:

1. It were true.
2. It was privately confirmed to Pie.
3. That there is something potentially lethal to scum that Lunatic wanted to warn them about because he feels that it would otherwise be unfair; for example, a bomb.
I explicitly asked Lunatic if he gave fake roles/claims. He said he did what he’s done every game regarding that. This also doesn’t square with why I would want to No Lynch

That’s my new theory. In this context, a lot of the weird bacon from Pie that rubbed me the wrong way makes a lot more sense too.

VTL Pie
Last minute push cause WF wasn’t getting votes?
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@420-1776
give ur thoughts anyway. Say where ur confused if you are.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Pie isn't going to vote for whiteflame... God knows why... probably whiteflame's scum buddy.

I said I’d sleep on it. I was the one that brought the justification up. Don’t forget that.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Yup. New conspiracy theory just dropped... it's whiteflame and pie with pie pushing the no-lynch because he is defending his buddy.

I'm cool with lynching either one.
Pie/WF makes no sense. I was the one that brought up the justification being weird.
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@ILikePie5
None of what you said debunks anything I said. OMGUS is funny tho
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
agree with your reasoning for saying the slip theory is a bit iffy but pie is pushing way too hard for a no lynch for my comfort
I am torn on it myself and leaning towards a no lynch. If I wasn't it may stand out more. He certainly is not a town read for me. 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@WyIted
Did everyone literally miss where I CCed him?

I didn't even say it is a perfect CC but it should be discussed
Are you seeing the derailment I’m seeing?