Clash Of Clans Mafia Day Phase 1

Author: Lunatic

Read-only
Total: 742
Savant
Debates: 23
Savant
Also the sooner we lynch scum the better, because they probably have a crazy powerful role given how swingy Luna said the game is.
WyIted
Debates: 28
WyIted
-->
@Savant
Here are some good reasons to vote Pie:
Is your vote even on pie?
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
-->
@ILikePie5
Timecheck?

DP ends on Sunday,  7/7/24 at 3pm CST. Roughly under 22 hours.
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@Savant
Much as I appreciate the detailed reasoning, I can't say any of this really stands out from Pie, at least not as clear scum tells. He does the first point as both town and scum, and frankly, I think his responses were more detailed earlier on when he was responding to you, so he just seems to have gotten more dismissive. That tracks with his normal behavior as well, particularly if he thinks you're scum.

The second point has more merit to it in that there's been an interesting interplay between Pie and Wylted, but it's also been variable enough that I'd only call portions of it buddying. WyIted has seemed more willing to buddy Pie than the other way around, at least recently. I don't agree with his method of focusing on character justification, but considering the limited options available, I can at least get where he's coming from, and his hesitance to pursue a lynch on me since I claimed doesn't seem as aggressive as what I'd expect from scum Pie.

As for the third point, considering we don't know what Pie is, I'd say that it's impossible to establish what risk comes from pursuing him for a lynch, but considering he is also either widely townread or at least nullread, I don't think you're going to be able to recruit enough people to do this.

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
Wylted - Recruiting System (Mechanism) - Neighborizor

Whiteflame - Guard Post (Building) - Flavored Cop

Casey - ??? (Troop) - ???

Savant - ??? (Resource) - ???

Disc - ??? (Button) - ???

Mharman - ??? (Building) - ???

Pie - ??? (Mechanism) - ???

Barney - ??? (Building) - ???

Lunatic
Lunatic
Official Vote Count:

Barney- 2/5- DD, pie
iLikePie5- 1/5- savant
420- 1/5- Barney

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Barney
@whiteflame
@Discipulus_Didicit
@Savant
@WyIted
1. Most of his defenses have been calling me ridiculous without really elaborating, which I have noticed scum tend to do. He knows I'm getting strong scum vibes from him and that I've sometimes been right before, so there's no reason for him to just dismiss me out of hand if he's really town. Yet that's exactly what he's doing.
Cause they are ridiculous. I asked you a question about if you scumread 420. That doesn’t mean I’m instigating a fight between you. The question was designed to gauge why you’re disrupting a townread that someone as. If you scunread 420, that’s different, but you don’t.

2. After Wyted said he was sure about his town reads and claimed early, Pie began buddying him and trying to sus the other people WyIted hadn't town read in order to keep POE as large as possible.
Idt you understand the relationship we have. We go long back. I made a deal with him. He upheld his end of it, and I frankly townread him for his claim. I upheld my end by pursuing people Wylted wanted, cause I’m pretty good pressuring people.

Whiteflame claimed cop, yet Pie still considers him super scummy based purely on character connection (which has repeatedly not been a good way to identify scum).
It’s actually a great way to identify scum. I made up Covfefe and it made little sense, and I almost died because of it. Luna is also notorious for giving scum hints to town aligned roles normally. In a game without a split, scum fake claims can only be analyzed via justification. It’s harder for them to fake a justification.

Town Pie would be against lynching WF this day phase with an early cop claim, but scum Pie doesn't have a choice if he doesn't want to be targeted by WyIted—he must get us to lynch someone else WyIted is not town reading, so he's throwing suspicion at all of those people.
So why are you sussing me for wanting to No Lynch, which I literally usually never want to do.
Savant
Savant
-->
@ILikePie5
So why are you sussing me for wanting to No Lynch, which I literally usually never want to do.
Because you're afraid of getting lynched based on WyIted's reads. You know we are likely to lynch someone WyIted has not town read, so you want to avoid lynching or lynch one of those other people.
Savant
Savant
-->
@WyIted
Is your vote even on pie?
Yep, it never left.
Savant
Savant
-->
@WyIted
Didn't you scum read Pie earlier?
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Savant
You're getting tunnel vision. Even if you think pie is scum try to focus on other parts of the game and figure out who his teammate is.
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Savant
Didn't you scum read Pie earlier?
I had town reads not scum reads and I am starting to feel he is town here, but I also don't want to be embarrassed like last game. 

I think we no lynch today. I don't think I am the most likely NK so I'll be here tomorrow and am in no rush. If I recruit scum they get an advantage so I don't they want to ruin a possible advantage and have bigger fish to fry. 

As a rule of thumb I usually do hold off on trying to lynch people who will be tough to lynch if I don't think I can pull it off that dp and they have at least one scum partner alive. With that said, I don't really have any good scum reads right now but almost feel like we should just kill 420, based on the fact that when he is using the underdog account he has no issue responding to every other post I make but is noticeably inactive this game
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@ILikePie5
@Mharman
@WyIted
@Casey_Risk
We have less than 20 hours left. I think we have enough info to move to the next round, let's not wait for the last hour to get a lynch.

These are the people I am fine with lynching today (in no particular order). If I am tagging you then post everyone you are okay with lynching and we will see whose names have the most overlap and pick between those:

-Barney
-Whiteflame
-Savant
Barney
Debates: 53
Barney
-->
@ILikePie5
Ok I’m sold that he’s town.

If scum feared they were a target today, they’d just wait for a noob to be sacrificed; and then possibly murder Savant in the night to take all attention away from themselves.

As for No Lynch, I’m probably always on board for it. Scum mainly win by us killing each other; so if there’s not a reason to think someone is more than likely scum, there’s strong merit in no BLTs.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
I don't like the no lynch idea. Even lynching a townie gives us info.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Savant
Because you're afraid of getting lynched based on WyIted's reads. You know we are likely to lynch someone WyIted has not town read, so you want to avoid lynching or lynch one of those other people.
Then you can’t use the argument that “he must get us to lynch someone else WyIted is not town reading, so he's throwing suspicion at all of those people.”

Those two arguments are contradictory
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
These are the people I am fine with lynching today (in no particular order). If I am tagging you then post everyone you are okay with lynching and we will see whose names have the most overlap and pick between those:

-Barney
-Whiteflame
-Savant
Barney
Casey
Whiteflame - I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt for now
Savant - May confirm himself tomorrow
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
I can possibly be persuaded with

-mharman
-whiteflame

Though whiteflame and savant are basically saying they can be confirmed tonight though 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
I don't like the no lynch idea. Even lynching a townie gives us info.
I’d usually agree but Luna said the game is very swingy meaning the game could be over very fast. I suggest getting a claim from Barney or Casey and then deciding
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Savant
As far as the buddying is concerned. Me and pie often talk on the phone like once a week about racist stuff for a few hours and exchange texts everytime we hear a new racist joke. 

Onetime I called him and pretended to be a Chris Christie staffer and shame him for voting for Trump instead of Christie
WyIted
WyIted
I never want to no lynch but agree with pie. This is the exception.  Essentially recruiting people allows me to gather some information. Savant seems to be able to provide information as does whiteflame supposedly.  

This is just an odd situation where I am open to no lynch
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@WyIted
Onetime I called him and pretended to be a Chris Christie staffer and shame him for voting for Trump instead of Christie
Remember the time I screwed Drafterman over and made you win Survivor?
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Barney
Please full claim
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@ILikePie5
He was actually very creepy the whole time. He snuck into voice chat and was listening to us and not typing or speaking. He was pissed but fuck him. If I didn't win then you would have won. If I was out of the game sooner and it was you vs whoever else, he would have still lost
Savant
Savant
-->
@Barney
@whiteflame
@ILikePie5
@Discipulus_Didicit
@WyIted
almost feel like we should just kill 420, based on the fact that when he is using the underdog account he has no issue responding to every other post I make 
So you thought he was solid town before but now want to lynch him? 420 is null imo.

It's becoming increasingly clear that most people don't have solid leads and we don't want to lynch no one. Certain people are confirmable or claimed early and shouldn't be the lynch today: WyIted, whiteflame, and me. Going after someone else gives us a 1/3 chance of hitting scum on day 1. I was hesitant to go after any of WyIted's initial town reads, since he said he rarely gets those wrong. But now he's suddenly changed them, so I don't know what to think.

Lynching Pie is the safest option. I've already made my case against him, and he doesn't have a confirmable or important role. That makes him a safe lynch. Even if you don't think he's scummy, he's certainly not close to confirmed town, so going after him is preferable to lynching no one. He's also harmed the lynch effort by pursuing people who claimed important roles or can be confirmed. He defends himself by saying "xyz is the Meta so we should do that" as a general cop-out, which is what he did last game. I'm sure he thinks he's being "objectively townie" right now and that wf is "objectively scummy," but that hasn't been reliable before.
Savant
Savant
-->
@WyIted
As far as the buddying is concerned. Me and pie often talk on the phone like once a week
Buddying someone in mafia is different from being friends with them irl.
Savant
Savant
Barney and Casey could be scum, but I'm hesitant to pursue those options since Pie is going after them. Also notice that nobody else has jumped on the "lynch Pie" train, even though that would be a great opportunity for scum if I was tunneling.
Savant
Savant
Mharman or Discipulus_Didicit are as likely to be Pie's partner as anyone, but I will have to reread their posts to see if there's anything sus there.
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Savant
was hesitant to go after any of WyIted's initial town reads, since he said he rarely gets those wrong. But now he's suddenly changed them, so I don't know what to think.
Where did I change them?

I didn't say 420 was scum only that we should consider lynching him

Barney and Casey could be scum, but I'm hesitant to pursue those options since Pie is going after them. Also notice that nobody else has jumped on the "lynch Pie" train, even though that would be a great opportunity for scum if I was tunneling.
Maybe nobody feels like hearing his pitching and moaning at the moment and we are all waiting until 1 hour before the DP ends to pile votes on him to minimize how much of it we have to hear
WyIted
WyIted
Your scum list is 

Pie
Mharman
Disc
Barney
And Casey

WTF