Read-only
Total: 512
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@AustinL0926
Good to hear your thoughts. A few things:

-We did spend quite a bit of time on GP, although I think WF brought up a legitimate reason to sus him - but I guess we collectively agreed to buy it? If only because there's not much else we can really get out of GP
Yep I saw and I mostly agree to buy it at the moment. At this point town would be just wasting time to try and prove it
-Pie gave fake role claims in the past, check my analysis of his previously modded games. However, it's worth noting that his last two games had no fake role or char claims.
You are probably right then. I haven't played in a Pie game in a while so I could 100% be wrong. Good to know that he hasn't in the last 2
-Yeah I'm definitely approaching this game from a more setup-heavy analysis style, sort of a natural consequence of me reading through dozens of setups while designing my own.

I'll a little bit concerned on why you sussed Korea. It's a strange and highly specific role to fakeclaim, along with a character softclaim that literally fits the book exactly. Also, you know that everyone is a PR, right? Pie said it's rolemad.
Believe me, I know. Pie is very anti vanilla as he has claimed this boundless times.
As for my reasoning on BK's scum, I have faked claim niche roles too. Specific =/= town. I've made specific roles. The problem with his role is that it's essentially a vanilla role. It's a role that is done after his death. These type of roles are inherently scummy because the only way to test them is to lynch that person and there is always a hesitant to do this amongst town. Hence you can't confirm them in the game. In fact in role madness I tend to look at these specific roles in a lot more of a scummier light
Best.Korea
Debates: 331
Best.Korea
I agree, lynch me or GP, as its pointless to ask further claims in dp1.

And I will even help.

VTL Greyparrot
AustinL0926
Debates: 33
AustinL0926
-->
@Vader
That's true I suppose. I don't necessarily townread him because of it, I just strongly believe it's an actual PM, fakeclaim or not, due to the character claim
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Vader
Hence you can't confirm them in the game
Cop can confirm me, silly.

Vader
Vader
-->
@Best.Korea
Wrong. It's not a 50/50 split choice between you. Especially not Dp1
Vader
Vader
-->
@Best.Korea
They can affiliation confirm you and in a role madness game, that isn't necessarily indicative of them actually being town/scum
Vader
Vader
-->
@AustinL0926
Maybe so, but that means nothing in the grand scheme of things
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Vader
Wrong. It's not a 50/50 split choice between you. Especially not Dp1
Okay, so dont be triggered as you get to choose too and its not decided without you.

Vader
Vader
-->
@Best.Korea
Two different affiliations. 3P and Town
You have not CC'd each other
Still 10 other people in the game

There should be no reason for this to be a 50/50 choose you or GP at all. This is how scum think
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
-->
@Vader
whiteflame's relative dismissal of BKorea suspicious role while pushing at GreyParrot reads me as a bit scum, considering I haven't really seen him that aggressive in  a DP in a while
It’s funny you think whiteflame is scum. I’ve found his behavior town as hell especially for the fact that he’s been tunneling hard on this. He sounds very familiar with the theme, and while pursuing GP this hard is kind of futile (most people are probably just down to lynch him on the basis of being an admitted third party), I find his passion pretty town. Coming from the last game where he was scum where he focusing too much on defense. Or other games where he just seems entirely too passive as scum, this is a stark contrast.

Having never played with Bk I don’t know his scum tells very well but I think it’s foolish to scum read him off of what little he has revealed about his role so far. I don’t agree that vanillas should be lynch priority as he suggested but other than that I find it kind of wierd you got a hard on for him for his claim.
Lunatic
Lunatic
whiteflame's relative dismissal of BKorea suspicious role while pushing at GreyParrot reads me as a bit scum, considering I haven't really seen him that aggressive in  a DP in a while
It’s funny you think whiteflame is scum. I’ve found his behavior town as hell especially for the fact that he’s been tunneling hard on this. He sounds very familiar with the theme, and while pursuing GP this hard is kind of futile (most people are probably just down to lynch him on the basis of being an admitted third party), I find his passion pretty town. Coming from the last game where he was scum where he focusing too much on defense. Or other games where he just seems entirely too passive as scum, this is a stark contrast.

Having never played with Bk I don’t know his scum tells very well but I think it’s foolish to scum read him off of what little he has revealed about his role so far. I don’t agree that vanillas should be lynch priority as he suggested but other than that I find it kind of wierd you got a hard on for him for his claim.
Lunatic
Lunatic
Sorry the vanilla lynch thing was Austin not BK
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Vader
No dear, as scum would want as much claims as possible in dp1 to have clear target for night kill, and if you want to give them that, then sure go ahead, but I think there is a reason we dont simply all claim in dp1, and we can even do no lynch if you want.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
Official Vote Count:

Best Korea (1/6) - Earth
Vader (1/6) - Wylted
Greyparrot (1/6) - Best Korea

Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Best.Korea
 mean, this barely feels like role madness.

Me and GP are basically vanilla, so think in dp1 either vanilla gets lynched either there is no lynch, so unless we somehow find confirmed scum this dp, which I doubt we will, then I suggest we lynch vanilla or do no lynch. Also, stop further claiming in this dp as it gives scum more precise targets for night kill.

Nope nvm the “lets lynch vanillas” thing was BK not Austin
Vader
Vader
-->
@Lunatic
I disagree. In my fav anime characters mafia. Whiteflame was almost JUST as familiar with the theme and my choices (Flame talked a lot about anime in mod dms) and was not nearly as aggressive in that while also being town in that game, especially in DP1. I think his passion is unique, but I compare it to the town play where it seems to be way too much aggression than usual
To be clear, it's DP1. It's presumed that all reads are slight reads. The problem is BK is a new player and the role he claimed is useless. I'm not saying that these "Vanilla-esc" roles should be lynched, but his role is one that gets him out of lying about action if he were fake claiming an active role. When I was new by the way, I did the same thing. Try to claim futile roles that wouldn't be CC'd easily. 
Vader
Vader
-->
@Lunatic
Ignore my response then to the second cuz i think we agree then
Vader
Vader
-->
@Best.Korea
Incorrect. You want as little claims to give scum as little information as possible.
Lunatic
Lunatic
I think I’m a couple pages behind. Trying to find where BK claimed? I remember him saying something about giving items but the context of the conversation implies he gives roles. Where was this said how am I missing it
Vader
Vader
-->
@Lunatic
It just says that after I die, I get to say something to all and give someone item if I have any.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Vader
Thats what I said, but I see that you are upset and arent reading properly, so I guess further engagement with you is pointless until you calm down.
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
-->
@Vader
That's what he said? You seem a little rushed here
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
Didn't see BK, school internet strikes again
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
-->
@Lunatic
He sounds very familiar with the theme
Where did you get that from? Post #8:

I know nothing about the book series, but I hope my limited knowledge of Greek mythology and the research I’ll be doing into the books will help with theme analysis later. In any case, seems like this will be fun. - [WHITEFLAME]

Vader
Vader
-->
@Best.Korea
Not upset. Just telling you your logic was wrong. I could really give a shit
Vader
Vader
-->
@AustinL0926
Yes. He backed it up in 152 too or something like that. 
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@AustinL0926
Where did you get that from? Post #8:
His research has been very thorough then. Either way my point remains, whiteflame is too involved in his pursuit here which is contrary to his passive nature as scum
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
-->
@Lunatic
Can you show me where WF showed evidence of thorough research? 
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@AustinL0926
His extensive call out of GPs character based on theme analysis. If you’re asking me to cross check his research I’m not doing that cuz I don’t care and it wasn’t my point. My point is he seems invested in solving who or what GP is because he is trying to scum hunt, which again, contrasts how I know him to play as mafia.
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@Vader
I buy the claim but I still have the FoS, but it is meaningless to waste a DP debating on it. I am a bit suspicious of whiteflame for dragging out a convo to try to draw a lot more attention to it, a lot more than he usually does in these games.
I don't really get the sus on this. It may be different behavior from me, but as Luna has repeatedly pointed out, it's not characteristic of how I play scum. It's also not the first time I've dug in and placed a lot of attention on a claim as town.

I didn't dismiss it. I spent a lot of time hammering out what his actual claim was. Then, after he revealed his character claim, I said I have good reason to buy that claim as real, though I'll admit I'm leaving my reasoning for why I'm buying specific character claims out of my explanations so far. I don't view the role (Millionaire) as sus on its face. I didn't view the Prophet role as sus. I viewed the existence of a Prophet with a fake claim as sus.