Biden's Idea to cut all fossil fuels, would be absurd.

Author: YouFound_Lxam

Total: 61
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Greyparrot
Clean safe and modern within the context of the above.

Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@zedvictor4
Exactly. There's nothing safe about fossil fuels if it requires millions of African kids to mine for it and millions to die in global wars during the lifespan of one billion dollar reactor that operates for 50 years without a single hiccup.

There's no profit in such a thing, so that is why we can't have nice things.

Consider it planned obsolescence for entire nations.
Sidewalker
Debates: 8
Sidewalker
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
"BIDEN HAS PLEDGED THAT FOSSIL FUELS AND FRACKING WOULD BE "ELIMINATED" IF HE IS PRESIDENT
In July 2019, Biden Said That There Would Be No Place For Fossil Fuels And Fracking In A Biden Administration, Saying "We Would Make Sure It's Eliminated." DANA BASH: "Just to clarify, would there be any place for fossil fuels, including coal and fracking, in a Biden administration?" JOE BIDEN: "No, we would -- we would work it out. We would make sure it's eliminated and no more subsidies for either one of those, either -- any fossil fuel.""

His words not mine. 
You were twelve when he said that, try harder and I'll bet you can find things he said before you were born to be upset about.  

You were nine when Trump ran, probably not old enough to follow the news at that time but trust us, if you want to compare broken campaign promises between Trump and Biden you are going to look like an idiot.  
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Sidewalker
Anyone that uses Trump as an excuse for Biden probably forgot what Biden was like before 2016.

Between Trump the real estate tycoon and Biden, the son of a used car salesman, everyone is getting fucked equally and people think the car looks GREAT!
YouFound_Lxam
Debates: 32
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Sidewalker
You were twelve when he said that, try harder and I'll bet you can find things he said before you were born to be upset about.  

You were nine when Trump ran, probably not old enough to follow the news at that time but trust us, if you want to compare broken campaign promises between Trump and Biden you are going to look like an idiot.  
Again, when did I say I want to compare broken campaign promises?
I made a small comment referring to Biden not keeping his promises. I did not compare him to Trump. In fact, I did not even bring up Trump on this forum.
It was in fact, Double_R, who was the one who started the comparison between the two:

The previous president's signature campaign promise was that he would build the wall and have Mexico pay for it. He didn't build it and Mexico sure as hell didn't pay for it, yet I somehow missed your thread on that.

All candidates make promises there's no way they can keep. That's what happens when you have an electorate thoroughly ignorant on how our government works and instead thinks presidents are kings. Any candidate who honestly tells the voters what they wouldn't be able to accomplish because congress would never pass it wouldn't get elected.

And the fact about my age. 
Yes I am young, and I was even younger when all of this took place. But does justify the argument that I can't have a say in this, because I was too young to understand it? No. People on this Forum, including yourselves, argue a lot about history. Should it be said that you weren't even born then, so you don't understand? 
No.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Just remember, ad-homs such as ageism are the First resort of those with nothing else to discuss.
Sidewalker
Debates: 8
Sidewalker
-->
@YouFound_Lxam

Again, when did I say I want to compare broken campaign promises?
I made a small comment referring to Biden not keeping his promises. I did not compare him to Trump. In fact, I did not even bring up Trump on this forum.
It was in fact, Double_R, who was the one who started the comparison between the two:
Oh pulease, you have been very active lately, it's no secret that you drank the Trump Kool Aid, and we know  how and why your personality cult critiques Biden.
The previous president's signature campaign promise was that he would build the wall and have Mexico pay for it. He didn't build it and Mexico sure as hell didn't pay for it, yet I somehow missed your thread on that.

All candidates make promises there's no way they can keep. That's what happens when you have an electorate thoroughly ignorant on how our government works and instead thinks presidents are kings. Any candidate who honestly tells the voters what they wouldn't be able to accomplish because congress would never pass it wouldn't get elected.

Yes I am young, and I was even younger when all of this took place. But does justify the argument that I can't have a say in this, because I was too young to understand it?
Oh, I see, so you drank the Kool Aid as a Trump historian.
No. People on this Forum, including yourselves, argue a lot about history. Should it be said that you weren't even born then, so you don't understand? 
No.
No, but I can assure you that if we were talking to someone from history who actually experienced the historical event, we'd be asking them what happened, not telling them what happened.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Sidewalker
Oh pulease, you have been very active lately, it's no secret that you drank the Trump Kool Aid, and we know  how and why your personality cult critiques Biden.
Believe what you want, but there are some things I agree with Biden on, and some things I disagree with Trump on.

I have only been supporting Trump and critiquing Biden lately because of the things that have been happening right now. 

No, but I can assure you that if we were talking to someone from history who actually experienced the historical event, we'd be asking them what happened, not telling them what happened.
Yea, witnesses through the news and media, which by the way is very biased to the Democratic party at the moment.

People like you only know how to try to throw out insults, when you don't have anything else to argue.

Now you want to talk about the actual topic of this forum, then be my guest.
IwantRooseveltagain
Debates: 0
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@ILikePie5
Congrats Lxam, you just beat Oromagi lol. 15 year old defeats 53 year old who has no life. Gg
You think that because you have the brain and critical thinking skills of a 15 yo virgin. You two also have the same education level.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Yea, witnesses through the news and media, which by the way is very biased to the Democratic party at the moment.
Reality has a well known liberal bias.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Yes I am young, and I was even younger when all of this took place. But does justify the argument that I can't have a say in this, because I was too young to understand it? No. People on this Forum, including yourselves, argue a lot about history. Should it be said that you weren't even born then, so you don't understand? 
We have a big advantage of perspective on you kid. You can read about these current events that happened when you were 8 or 9. We lived them.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
Today's Democrats actually don't like liberty or liberals.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain

This reference you are using, like most of the references you use, are not credible sources of information. That UCSB website is very amateurish and citing a Trump press release like before shows you are clueless. You need to work on your critical thinking skills.

And when Biden said “we would work it out” it being fossil fuels, what do you think he was saying? The United States would phase out fossil fuels? Starting with coal? That’s exactly what we need to be doing and the fact is oil companies are thinking that way too. We haven’t built an oil refinery in this country since 1973. That’s because oil companies know that fossil fuels are the past, not the future. 

Should we bring back whale oil too, so we can create all those good whaling jobs? Should we bring back horse and buggies so we can start making carriages and buggy whips again? 
ILikePie5
Debates: 3
ILikePie5
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
You think that because you have the brain and critical thinking skills of a 15 yo virgin. You two also have the same education level.
Keep wearing that mask on the plane, don’t catch COVID
ILikePie5
Debates: 3
ILikePie5
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
He doesn’t realize that our generations are the future lol. He should be happy cause our generations were the ones that killed the red wave. But his “critical thinking skills” make him criticize his own team
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@ILikePie5
Keep wearing that mask on the plane, don’t catch COVID
I had Covid in early November. It was miserable, but because I had been vaccinated and boosted, it was no big deal and I didn’t need to take a hospital bed and cost the Airline all kinds of money the way you antivaxers do. We had unvaccinated pilots who were out of work for months and require hospitalization.

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Greyparrot
Well, a few hiccups in your last hasty reply.

But there a certainly those who would argue that planned obsolescence wouldn't be such a bad idea.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
This reference you are using, like most of the references you use, are not credible sources of information. That UCSB website is very amateurish and citing a Trump press release like before shows you are clueless. You need to work on your critical thinking skills.
No, you're just upset, that I know more about you do on this topic, and I take the time to do my research. But if that link doesn't suffice for you, I can find another one.

"Biden denied the donor’s association to the fossil fuel industry before calling the young woman “kiddo” and taking her hand. He said, “I want you to look at my eyes. I guarantee you. I guarantee you. We’re going to end fossil fuel.”
The activist, 24-year-old Rebecca Beaulieu, later said she appreciated that Biden took her question seriously, but that he was not satisfied with Biden’s plan to eliminate net carbon emissions by 2050."

Oh, also this one too:
"White House says Biden still working to end fossil fuels: 'You can do both'"

And when Biden said “we would work it out” it being fossil fuels, what do you think he was saying? The United States would phase out fossil fuels? Starting with coal? That’s exactly what we need to be doing and the fact is oil companies are thinking that way too. We haven’t built an oil refinery in this country since 1973. That’s because oil companies know that fossil fuels are the past, not the future. 
"As of January 1, 2022, there were 130 operable petroleum refineries in the United States.
The newest refinery in the United States is the Texas International Terminals 45,000 b/cd refinery in Channelview, Texas, which was operable on January 1, 2022, but actually started operating in February, 2022.
However, the newest refinery with significant downstream unit capacity is Marathon's facility in Garyville, Louisiana. That facility came online in 1977 with an initial atmospheric distillation unit capacity of 200,000 b/cd, and as of January 1, 2022, it had a capacity of 585,000 b/cd.
Capacity has also been added to existing refineries through upgrades or new construction. Some recent examples of large increases include:
  • In 2012, Motiva upgraded its refinery in Port Arthur, Texas, making it the largest U.S. refinery, with a capacity of 626,000 b/cd as of January 1, 2022.
  • In 2015, Valero expanded its Corpus Christi, Texas refinery after previous expansions, bringing its capacity as of January 1, 2022, to 290,000 b/cd."

First of all, you need to get your facts strait. 
Yes, the newest refinery, with significant downstream unit capacity, came online in 1977
But the newest one, became operable on January 1, 2022.

And to add to that point, do you see the increase of unit capacity. Thats why as of right now, we need to keep these oil refineries, because the majority or our power comes from it. 
We also use it for making 2/3 of our clothing.
Chemicals that we use to clean our houses.
Lubricants
Medicins that we use to help the sick.
Fertilizers for our soil so we can grow more food.
Heating for our houses.

And our millitary jets run on this stuff as well. Do you really think it would be a good idea to get rid of military jets?

It would be chaos if we just immediately got rid of all of these oil refineries and other refineries. We would be struggling to use our own power. With Bidens plan in place, we would be only dependent on only renewable resources, which only makes up 12.5% of our energy today. 

I'm not saying fossil fuels is the way to go in the future, but instead we should find a better source of energy (Fusion Energy) to use instead of fossil fuels. And when we do find it, then we slowly transition from fossil fuels to that new source, so we still have a stable energy source through the transition.

We have a big advantage of perspective on you kid. You can read about these current events that happened when you were 8 or 9. We lived them.
I lived through Covid too. I'm living through this right now.
From now on, I am going to just ignore comments about my age, given that they provide nothing for my opponent's arguments, and is just a way for them to get away from the topic at hand.

The fact of the matter is that we need to focus on the task at hand, not the far, far future.
There have already been study's done, that prove all of the propaganda around the world ending soon if we don't quit fossil fuels, and switch to clean energy, is all just a hoax.

We need to be worried about our enemy's. 
Do you see any other of our big threats, like China and Russia doing what we are doing with fossil fuels? No.
They are just laughing in our faces while they are building up more power and technology. And we are worried about saving the planet?
We need to focus on that, before we get into other problems, that won't even show up for a long, time.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
but because I had been vaccinated and boosted

Looks like he told on himself. Overweight and out of shape.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
The newest refinery in the United States is the Texas International Terminals 45,000 b/cd refinery in Channelview, Texas, which was operable on January 1, 2022, but actually started operating in February, 2022.
First of all, you need to get your facts strait.
Yes, the newest refinery, with significant downstream unit capacity, came online in 1977
But the newest one, became operable on January 1, 2022.
No, your confused. That refinery in Channelview TX has been around since 1957.

“Our Channelview plant, about 20 miles east of downtown Houston, has been part of the North Channel community since 1957. Today, the Channelview Complex comprises an area of almost 4,000 acres with two large manufacturing facilities and a workforce of more than 1,900 people”

“The Channelview Complex is a petrochemical manufacturing facility located on the Texas Gulf Coast, about twenty miles from downtown Houston. Originally built in 1957, the Channelview Complex spans 4,000 acres and houses two petrochemical plants. The North Plant is operated by Equistar Chemicals LP and the South Plant is operated by Lyondell Chemical Company—both subsidiaries of the Dutch multinational company LyondellBasell Industries, which is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Equistar’s Channelview North Plant manufactures ethylene, propylene, butadiene, and benzene, which are used to produce propylene oxide, styrene monomer, and gasoline-blending products at Lyondell’s Channelview South Plant”

YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
Year built            First operated               Location                                  Original owner                     Original capacity b/cd               Current owner              2022Capacityb/cd 
2018                             2019                        Channelview, Texas                 Targa Resources                                 35,000                                        Hartree Partners                     45,000

No, you need to get your facts strait.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
“Over the last quarter-century, the number of refineries in the United States dropped to 149, less than half the number in 1981. Because companies have upgraded and expanded their aging operations, refining capacity during that time period shrank only 10 percent from its peak of 18.6 million barrels a day. At the same time, gasoline consumption has risen by 45 percent”

The last major refinery to come online in the United States, in 1977, is the one owned by Marathon Oil in Garyville, La. It is capable of pumping out 578,000 barrels per day. Since it opened, more than half the refineries in the United States have closed.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
This is Lyondell's second attempt to sell the Houston refinery, which the U.S. Energy Information Administration says can process 263,776 barrels per day of crude oil.
Apparently there was additional capacity added to the Channelview complex, albeit for a different owner. This is NOT a new refinery.

YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
Did you even read the article I provided?
"As of January 1, 2022, there were 130 operable petroleum refineries in the United States.
The newest refinery in the United States is the Texas International Terminals 45,000 b/cd refinery in Channelview, Texas, which was operable on January 1, 2022, but actually started operating in February, 2022."

The newest refineries currently operating in the United States

Now it is true that the last significant refinery in the USA, was built in 1976, but you're still getting your dates wrong.

" The last significant refinery built in the United States was in 1976. (A small refinery came online in 2020 in North Dakota). Over the last two years, due to reduced demand from the pandemic and Presidnt Biden’s stated policy to reduce the demand for petroleum products, U.S. refineries have been shut down or repurposed to become biofuel refineries. In a business where investments have a payout period of a decade or more, it is unlikely for investment to be spent on policies where the demand is to be reduced. Wirth stated rhetorically, “How do you go to your board, how do you go to your shareholders and say ‘we’re going to spend billions of dollars on new capacity in a market that is, you know, the policy is taking you in the other direction.”"

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
Now it is true that the last significant refinery in the USA, was built in 1976, but you're still getting your dates wrong.
Gee, in post 48 you wrote 1977, is it 77 or 76?

“However, the newest refinery with significant downstream unit capacity is Marathon's facility in Garyville, Louisiana. That facility came online in 1977 with an initial atmospheric distillation unit capacity of 200,000 b/cd, and as of January 1, 2022, it had a capacity of 585,000 b/cd”

So now you know, and you can go tell all your high school friends that American capitalism hasn’t built a significant oil refinery in this country since the mid to late 70’s. Long before Joe Biden was President. Get it genius? I’m sure you had no idea about US oil refining capacity until I dropped the bomb on you. Your welcome.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
So now you know, and you can go tell all your high school friends that American capitalism hasn’t built a significant oil refinery in this country since the mid to late 70’s. Long before Joe Biden was President. Get it genius? I’m sure you had no idea about US oil refining capacity until I dropped the bomb on you. Your welcome.
Listen. I'm not going to argue semantics. Obviously, you can't listen to facts being thrown at your face.

The fact of the matter is, that Joe Biden has an idea, to remove all fossil fuels. 
And that idea would ruin the U.S.
End of story.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
And that idea would ruin the U.S.
False. You don’t know what you’re talking about. It is indisputable that fossil fuels on this planet will some day be exhausted. Would that mean the end of the world? It just needs to be phased out methodically in as many areas as possible and replaced with renewable energy.  If you lived in the 1800s you would have been crying about the end of the whaling industry. 
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
False. You don’t know what you’re talking about. It is indisputable that fossil fuels on this planet will some day be exhausted. Would that mean the end of the world? It just needs to be phased out methodically in as many areas as possible and replaced with renewable energy.  If you lived in the 1800s you would have been crying about the end of the whaling industry. 
No, I think you are misunderstanding the argument. Biden's plan is to get rid of all fossil fuels right now and replace them with renewable energy. But renewable energy doesn't have the capability of running the U.S. by itself.

And some aspects of renewable energy don't run entirely on renewable energy. Take solar panels.
The PV cells in solar panels are made of silicon, which we need to mine. 

I think we are agreeing in some aspect of this argument. You are saying," It just needs to be phased out methodically in as many areas as possible and replaced with renewable energy."

And I am saying," I'm not saying fossil fuels is the way to go in the future, but instead we should find a better source of energy (Fusion Energy) to use instead of fossil fuels. And when we do find it, then we slowly transition from fossil fuels to that new source, so we still have a stable energy source through the transition."

The part we disagree on, is you believe that fossil fuels are the answer, while I believe a better source of energy, like Fusion Energy, is the solution.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
right now 
No, Biden or any other Democrat knows this is a process with a goal of 2030 to 2035. It was in all the papers. I thought you said you were well informed.

The part we disagree on, is you believe that fossil fuels are the answer,
Um no, I don’t think fossil fuels are the answer and solar panels are not fossil fuels just because they are made of silicon.

Fusion will be great. In fact they just had a big break through on the science in California this week. She was on MSNBC. YOU WOULD NOT SEE HER ON FOX NEWS. But the scientists are still saying it will be decades before we can use it for energy 

YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
Fusion will be great. In fact they just had a big break through on the science in California this week. She was on MSNBC. YOU WOULD NOT SEE HER ON FOX NEWS. But the scientists are still saying it will be decades before we can use it for energy 
Fusion will be great. And I know about the big break through. 

Also, I don't watch Fox.