Biden's Idea to cut all fossil fuels, would be absurd.

Author: YouFound_Lxam

Total: 61
YouFound_Lxam
Debates: 32
YouFound_Lxam
In 2021, the U.S. energy was dependent on 61% fossil fuels.
In 2021, about 4,108 billion kilowatthours (kWh) (or about 4.11 trillion kWh) of electricity were generated at utility-scale electricity generation facilities in the United States.1 About 61% of this electricity generation was from fossil fuels—coal, natural gas, petroleum, and other gases. About 19% was from nuclear energy, and about 20% was from renewable energy sources.

If we were to cut off all fossil fuels as of right now, and only use renewable energy sources, as sources of energy, then we would lose 61% of our energy. 

Only 20% of our power comes from renewable energy. But they still have there downsides. 

Solar Energy:
Even though the woke leftists and radical environmentalists want to tell you that we would be better off just taking energy from the sun, it's not that easy to do.
Solar Energy would only be available through the day. So you would be losing about 8 hours of energy every day. 
Not to mention that the PV cells in most solar panels today are made up of silicon, which is acquired by mining it.

Wind Energy:
Wind energy is a good idea on paper. Wind=Energy. There is a lot of wind, so there will be a lot of energy. But this resource has a similar problem to solar. 
It wouldn't have the capability to be as actively producing as other energy sources. The wind doesn't always blow. So you would not be collecting any energy when those times arrive. 
And if the environmentalist are so inclined to "save the environment" they should be saying no to wind energy, because it heavily affects bird and animal environments. Not in a good way though.

Hydropower:
Water energy is one of the more efficient natural energy sources that we have, but why do we have so few. Because Hydropower makes one of the biggest dents in environmental stability. 
Y'all wanna "save the environment" huh?

Those are just some examples, but it goes to show that we can't survive off of renewable energy alone. And even if we could, it would very stupid to chose to cut all of our other energy sources, just because some radical environmentalists say our planet is going to die in a couple years if we don't...…like they have been saying for 80 years...…

oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
Straw man.

• It is a lie to say that Biden's plan is to cut all fossil fuels.  Please check your problems with honesty.
    • It is the truth to say that Biden signed a bill last summer that hopes to reduce the US's greenhouse gas emissions by 30-40% by 2030.  Even if all that reduction came from fossil fuel consumption (it doesn't) that comes nowhere 
    • It is truth Biden announced last week his plan to pull eliminate all Federal buildings dependencies on fossil fuel by 2045 realizing substantial cost savings.
    • It is dishonest and 100% fake news to say "Biden's Idea to cut all fossil fuels"
      • Biden has supported a number of new fossil fuels initiatives over the past year, including new oil pipelines and cleaner coal initiatives.
      • Just today, Biden threw his support behind Joe Manchin's plan to regulate energy providers, which includes building a new natural gas pipeline across West Virginia.
    • What is the motivation for lying about Biden's energy policy?  What advantage is gained by arguing against a policy that nobody is actually proprosing?

YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@oromagi
"BIDEN HAS PLEDGED THAT FOSSIL FUELS AND FRACKING WOULD BE "ELIMINATED" IF HE IS PRESIDENT
In July 2019, Biden Said That There Would Be No Place For Fossil Fuels And Fracking In A Biden Administration, Saying "We Would Make Sure It's Eliminated." DANA BASH: "Just to clarify, would there be any place for fossil fuels, including coal and fracking, in a Biden administration?" JOE BIDEN: "No, we would -- we would work it out. We would make sure it's eliminated and no more subsidies for either one of those, either -- any fossil fuel.""

His words not mine. 

YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@oromagi
So, is your argument wrong, or you are saying that Biden yet again made a promise he cannot keep?
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
"President Biden has waged an unprecedented, government-wide assault on our nation’s ability to produce cheap, reliable energy," the memo from the Republican Study Committee (RSC) states, before listing Biden’s specific anti-fossil fuel actions next to the weekly average price of gas."

Well, he's definitely trying to keep his promise so......
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
"BIDEN HAS PLEDGED THAT FOSSIL FUELS AND FRACKING WOULD BE "ELIMINATED" IF HE IS PRESIDENT
In July 2019, Biden Said That There Would Be No Place For Fossil Fuels And Fracking In A Biden Administration, Saying "We Would Make Sure It's Eliminated." DANA BASH: "Just to clarify, would there be any place for fossil fuels, including coal and fracking, in a Biden administration?" JOE BIDEN: "No, we would -- we would work it out. We would make sure it's eliminated and no more subsidies for either one of those, either -- any fossil fuel.""
Biden has been president for two years now, is there a reason you couldn't find something he's actually doing to criticize and instead decided to dig through the old campaign archives? Are you really that desperate?

So, is your argument wrong, or you are saying that Biden yet again made a promise he cannot keep?
The previous president's signature campaign promise was that he would build the wall and have Mexico pay for it. He didn't build it and Mexico sure as hell didn't pay for it, yet I somehow missed your thread on that.

All candidates make promises there's no way they can keep. That's what happens when you have an electorate thoroughly ignorant on how our government works and instead thinks presidents are kings. Any candidate who honestly tells the voters what they wouldn't be able to accomplish because congress would never pass it wouldn't get elected.
IwantRooseveltagain
Debates: 0
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
There’s a reason you make less than 20,000/year. It’s that you’re an idiot.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Double_R
The previous president's signature campaign promise was that he would build the wall and have Mexico pay for it. He didn't build it and Mexico sure as hell didn't pay for it, yet I somehow missed your thread on that.
Well, when did this topic turn into talking about Trump? I don't think it ever did, so why would you just out of nowhere bring that up if I may ask.

And yes, Biden has also made these claims recently. I am not desperate; I am just well informed.
"Does Joe Biden think the American people are stupid?
When he said: “It’s simply not true that my administration or policies are holding back domestic energy production,” he’s not telling the truth. For one, his anti-U.S. energy policies cost the average American family $1,000 BEFORE Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.
In addition, Biden has spent YEARS saying he will “eliminate” oil, and that’s exactly what he set out to do when he entered office. We have the receipts:

YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
No, it's because I'm 15. 
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Ha, hilarious. And Americans at one time were incredulous about the Hitler youth. Kid, you need to get a life.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
EXCLUSIVE: President Biden acted on his campaign promise to "end fossil fuel" – and the result has been skyrocketing gas prices, an influential Republican committee claims in a memo obtained by FOX Business.
But gas prices are back down. Joe did that!

Hey in another 6 months you can get your learners permit!
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
Ha, hilarious. And Americans at one time were incredulous about the Hitler youth. Kid, you need to get a life.
Well, I know nothing about your life, but I'm just guessing that an adult on a debate website probably doesn't have a lot of people other than strangers on the internet to talk to, has less than a life than me.

And I do have a very great life actually. 

I have a job.
I help my church with missions' trips to Mexico and El Salvador.
I am physically active.
I have many real friends. 
And I am a grade level above all of the other "kids" my age.

Oh, but I'm not going to tell you all about me, because mommy and daddy said not to talk to strangers. 
Happy?

YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
But gas prices are back down. Joe did that!

Hey in another 6 months you can get your learners permit!
Yea he did! He finally is learning to fix his mistakes! 
He actually remembered to do something!
Even though he still mixes up his sister and wife.

And actually, I can drive, because the state that live in allows for me to drive at 15!! 

YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
So, if you don't have an argument present, I suggest you to not just throw insults around, ok buddy?
K_Michael
Debates: 38
K_Michael
The US has only built one nuclear reactor in the last 20 years.
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
No, it's because I'm 15. 
  • Well, that explains it.  You aren't old enough to understand that a politician calling for the end of fossil fuel consumption is not the same thing as President actually enforcing prohibitions on fossil fuel consumption.  Big difference, kid.

YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
  • Well, that explains it.  You aren't old enough to understand that a politician calling for the end of fossil fuel consumption is not the same thing as President actually enforcing prohibitions on fossil fuel consumption.  Big difference, kid.
I don't believe that my age has anything to do with my ability to argue against uninformed people like you.

And I didn't say he was enforcing it in the title if you had even read it. I said, "Biden's Idea". 

Next time you should take a closer look at the wording.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@oromagi
I would expect a 53-year-old man to have better reading skills. 
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@K_Michael
The US has only built one nuclear reactor in the last 20 years.
Among many other absurd energy policy decisions.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
I would expect a 53-year-old man to have better reading skills. 
Don't let him groom you.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
I doubt that it was Biden's idea.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Greyparrot
Nuclear reactors are ridiculously expensive bits of short term kit.

Which very soon become a very expensive problem.
TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
-->
@oromagi
Wow. Way to let the fundamental point of the OP fly over your head. 🤦‍♂️🙄🤦‍♂️
TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
-->
@zedvictor4
Yet it’s his hand holding the pen that can seal our fate for the next two years. 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Greyparrot
@YouFound_Lxam
Congrats Lxam, you just beat Oromagi lol. 15 year old defeats 53 year old who has no life. Gg
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
#LxamForPrez
Public-Choice
Debates: 18
Public-Choice
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
It's because he is doing the bidding of his masters:

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@zedvictor4
Nuclear reactors are ridiculously expensive bits of short term kit.

Which very soon become a very expensive problem.

You do realize the amounts of money poured into Ukraine could have powered Europe many times over with clean, safe, modern Nuclear energy...right?

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@zedvictor4
The real problem with Nuclear energy is that it's not a source of energy worth fighting global scale wars over unlike oil and natural gas, and soon to be "green energy" funded with African slave mining... 

And don't you want to Earth to be in a constant state of war over energy in the hands of the few power hungry elites? That's the "natural; course" you have been instructed to believe, certainly.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@TWS1405_2
Two years.

That's short term thinking.

You need to plan for the future just as much as Joe does.

Don't expect the nanny state to do everything for you.