-->
@thett3
The Great Reset
thett3
Debates: 2
thett3
-->
@coal
Covid has really been a mask off moment. I hate living in interesting times lol 
coal
Debates: 6
coal
-->
@thett3
I got into an argument with some leftist-type over the Great Reset.  He argued that it was a right-wing conspiracy theory.  I asked him why he believed that.  He argued that (1) the only people who are talking about it are q-anon type MAGA supporters and (2) no one else is even mentioning it.  It turns out he was just ignorant, blindly differential to the existing "leaders" who he trusted had "everyone's best interest" at heart. 

The irony was that he'd figured out that lockdowns were complete, unmitigated pseudoscientific bullshit.  So he got that far.  But he couldn't see step 4, even if he got 1-3. 

So then I linked him to the World Economic Forum's website, their YouTube Channel, their 2019 pandemic "simulation" they ran months before COVID found its way around the world and the Bill and Melinda Gates' Foundation's connections to both.  I added in some nice quotes from Klaus Schwab's book, for good measure.

He still didn't get it.  Which . . . fine.  Not everyone can play chess either.  Even still, this is obvious if you can just see the board.  Problem is that no one is looking, and those few who might would prefer to look away because the reality of what The Great Reset means is so dark that it is inconceivable to most people.  It's psychologically overwhelming.  It's beyond their intellectual and emotional ability to reconcile.  That's been my experience talking about it with others.  But this is real and Klaus Schwab's book lays it out for anyone (all ten people on earth) who have read it in its entirety.  

The best conspiracy is the one carried out in plain sight, while everyone pretends that everything is just fine.

That's what this is.

But everything is not fine. 

If COVID has taught me anything, it is that Bannon was right on globalist elites, Davos-types and the like.  And that is why even if the choice in 2024 was between Trump and Biden, I'd vote for Trump.  And if that makes me a "conspiracy theorist," then that word has no meaning. 

Anyone who supported any part of that cannot be in office.  Same for anyone who uses the phrase "build back better."  Google that phrase and see who has said it.  Every leader in the first world, except Trump. 
RationalMadman
Debates: 574
RationalMadman
-->
@thett3
Sorry but that is utterly ridiculous nonsense. The EU isn't some guised domination of Europe by Germany and if it was that wasn't what was being stopped in WWII, it was Fascism. Though, the original motive behind WWII was actually just to stop Germany, that is true. However, if you support so many poeple dying just to 'stop Germany being strong' then you're the corrupt one.
thett3
thett3
-->
@RationalMadman
I don’t think anything was worth those wars and I don’t have a problem with Germany. I just mean it’s sad in a cosmic sense that all that bloodshed was basically for nothing 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@thett3
Are you crazy? Fascism in western Europe was successfully defeated. Germany is an extremely democratic nation now that cares for its vulnerable, poor and its environment. Maybe I'm missing where the objective failed.
thett3
thett3
-->
@RationalMadman
The territory that we wanted to free from Hitler went to that literal demon, Stalin after the war. There are all kinds of unsavory governments out there, yet we don’t have world wars to stop them. The Second World War was just a continuation of the first, and occurred for the same reason as the first: to prevent German domination of continental Europe. The ideologies involved weren’t particularly relevant. Since Germany came to dominate continental Europe anyway, and Britain lost her empire, the war was pointless in terms of its *actual* purpose 

Please don’t mistake this as a defense of hitler or nazi Germany because it’s not. Im glad both of those things are gone. I’m just deeply cynical about the motIves of the leadership at the time (and now too of course) and really doubt that they actually cared all that much about fascism or the plight of the Jews, or anything like that. We can see how leadership of that era made excuses for the excesses of the Soviet Union so clearly they weren’t above cutting deals with monsters. There were some in the US state department who had ideologically favored communism but for the most part I believe the war was fought for material purposes, greed and power basically 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@thett3
Dude, idk if you're like trolling or whatever but you're basically saying that Germany doing well is an inherently bad thing which, I repeat, is utterly nonsensical as a stance.
thett3
thett3
-->
@RationalMadman
First of all, this thread is a safe space for us all to expose our kooky beliefs. Second of all, my feelings on the second world war are very complex and I'm clearly doing a piss poor job explaining them, so I'll just assure you that I have no quarrel with Germany
coal
Debates: 6
coal
-->
@thett3
The Second World War was just a continuation of the first, and occurred for the same reason as the first: to prevent German domination of continental Europe. The ideologies involved weren’t particularly relevant. Since Germany came to dominate continental Europe anyway, and Britain lost her empire, the war was pointless in terms of its *actual* purpose 
Hitler's pursuit of lebensraum and eventual efforts to dominate the European continent were secondary to his ideology, which was evidenced by his misallocation of resources away from the war effort to implement the "final solution" (and operate concentration/death camps in the first place) rather than produce resources to support the Nazi troops on the Eastern and Western fronts.  Though at the time I agree the United States was largely indifferent to Hitler's ideology.  We did business with the Nazis up to and until the United States entered the European theater (and some thereafter).  

But England lost its empire for other reasons, most of which began during WWI.  Waves of anti-colonialism (encouraged in large part by the United States, the Wilson administration and successors) took hold in the colonized world.  What ultimately broke the camel's back for England was when the British army started recruiting from its colonial holdings.  India, in particular, was not inclined to supply soldiers to the army responsible for India's colonization.  

I think you know my thoughts on that process, though.  I'm all for colonialism.  One need look no further than the current state of sub-Saharan Africa to understand why.  
thett3
thett3
-->
@coal
I think you know my thoughts on that process, though.  I'm all for colonialism.  One need look no further than the current state of sub-Saharan Africa to understand why
Ultimately I’m an opponent of colonialism but I would agree that situation dependent it’s nowhere near as bad as the average person believes. People really have virtually no conception of what the pre 1945 world was like, either in their own countries or abroad. But the biggest reason colonialism isn’t coming back any time soon is that no developed country has a population surplus clamoring to leave