Conspiracy Theories you believe

Author: thett3

Total: 71
thett3
Debates: 2
thett3
What are some conspiracy theories you believe? What are some you don't believe, but wouldn't be surprised if they turned out to be true?

Conspiracy theories I believe: 

-General Patton was assassinated by the US government 
-The official narrative surrounding the JFK assassination is BS, although I don't know what actually happened 
-COVID-19 was made in a lab
-There really were significant numbers of American POWs left behind in Vietnam
-The Soviet Union held onto American POW's after WWII, and after failed negotiations they died in the gulags (this was originally in the second category, but a WWII veteran I met a few years ago who ended his war near Czechoslovakia told me out of the blue that he witnessed Americans in Soviet camps and that they never came home)
-UFO's are a government psyop 
-The official narrative behind the Las Vegas shooting is BS, but I don't know what actually happened
-Jeffery Epstein did not commit suicide, and may in fact still be alive
-Joe McCarthy was right about almost everything
-The 1960 election was stolen
-The concept of "conspiracy theories" is itself a conspiracy to cause a reflexive rejection among the populace against any explanation of that contradicts the official narrative

Conspiracy theories I don't believe, but wouldn't be that surprised if they turned out to be true:

-Obama was born in outside of the United States
-Donald Trump actually won the 2020 election 
-The official narrative around 9/11 is bunk

Conspiracy theories I don't believe, but want to be true: 

-The Manchu's still secretly rule China
-The phantom time hypothesis 

Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
Michael Jackson was accused of pedophilia only because of a leaked call where he made antisemitic remarks and because of a song where he did the same
thett3
thett3
When it comes to UFO’s, my faith in the absolute impossibility of faster than light speed travel makes me think aliens are one of the least likely explanations. 

My beliefs: 

Government psyop > just confusion regarding what is actually being seen > > > secret technology from a known government > secret technology from some breakaway human group that somehow managed to remain mostly undetected > technology from a non human human civilization that exists on earth undetected, most likely located under the water > literal angels and demons > inter dimensional beings that can pop into our reality at will > space aliena 
coal
Debates: 6
coal
Maybe.  

-The official narrative surrounding the JFK assassination is BS, although I don't know what actually happened 
It was likely the CIA.

Not a conspiracy theory.  Verifiable fact.

Alive?  Yes.  Dead too. 

-The Soviet Union held onto American POW's after WWII, and after failed negotiations they died in the gulags (this was originally in the second category, but a WWII veteran I met a few years ago who ended his war near Czechoslovakia told me out of the blue that he witnessed Americans in Soviet camps and that they never came home)
This isn't a conspiracy theory.  It's widely known throughout Russia and even has been reported on by American press.  They were in Kolyma/Magadan, Vorkuta and many others.  And it wasn't just POWs.  It was Americans who were suspected of spying anywhere throughout the Soviet Union.  

No opinion.  

-The official narrative behind the Las Vegas shooting is BS, but I don't know what actually happened
Official narrative? 

With his pal Bill Gates?  (I'm only half joking).

No he wasn't.  Though, if he was alive today and oriented his ire against the Chinese, he would be.  

No opinion.

-The concept of "conspiracy theories" is itself a conspiracy to cause a reflexive rejection among the populace against any explanation of that contradicts the official narrative
I generally agree that the term "conspiracy theory" is used for the purpose of reinforcing existing power structures.  

Conspiracy theories I don't believe, but wouldn't be that surprised if they turned out to be true:

It is not that it's "bunk," so much as it is "incomplete."   There are few people who have ever touched that third rail in the way it deserves, but Vince Flynn is one of them in his Mitch Rapp series.  There are aspects of that series that are closer to being true than anything that could ever be reported on in the media.  

What is missing is how deeply, personally connected the Saudi government was to the Bin Laden's and how directly responsible the Saudi government is for 9/11.  

Further, missing from the narrative is what role Bill Clinton's incompetence in terms of foreign policy and hamfisted paranoia related to the CIA played in 9/11 coming to be.  There's a non-trivial argument to be made that if Bill Clinton had have listened to the CIA about Bin Laden in the 1990s, it would have never happened.   

thett3
thett3
-->
@coal
It was likely the CIA.
For what purpose?
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@thett3
I see you, bro, just mixing true things in with the wacky ones
coal
coal
-->
@thett3
Hard to nail down a single purpose.  So many present themselves.  But of all the stories out there on JFK's assassination, this is the one that has been the most difficult to tear apart.  From what it looks like, there were a variety of different people and groups who were very interested in getting rid of Kennedy.  I don't think their motives were all the same.  They just had a common goal.

In reality, we'll never know what happened.  But Jim Garrison's book, On the Trail of the Assassins: My Investigation and Prosecution of the Murder of President Kennedy looks pretty believable to me.  
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@thett3
-Climate change is barely affected by human use of fossil fuels and people just lie about a natural process to leach money from grants/get attention.
-Great Replacement (hardly a conspiracy, but thought I'd throw it in)
-Hitler didn't die in Berlin, 1945.
-Watergate was overhyped bullsh*t and shitlib yellow journalism was the only reason anyone cared.
- Frequent false flags are pushed by military contractors to keep us in the Middle East.

No way that was a one-man job. Carrying all of those guns up by yourself? Doubtful

Plus, even though he injured and killed about half a thousand people with a firearm and missed many bullets, official reports only say they found "hundreds" of spent shell casings... https://www.fox5vegas.com/news/newly-unsealed-fbi-search-warrants-show-inconsistencies-but-no-second-shooter/article_271e4eb0-eb8a-5aa6-8788-64086d8aca7f.html
thett3
thett3
-->
@bmdrocks21
-Hitler didn't die in Berlin, 1945
You think he made it to South America? 

I know the CIA had intel that he was in Colombia in the 1950s. I don’t believe it but what we know for sure is that a man was LARPing as Hitler in rural 1950s Colombia and at least some of the locals believed it, which is hilarious 
thett3
thett3
Speaking of Hitler, a theory I know isn’t true but wish was: 

The conspiracy that Merkel is secretly Hitlers daughter 
coal
coal
-->
@thett3
These aren't really "conspiracy theories," so much as they are observations based on patterns that hold their consistency at multiple levels of analysis:

Theory 1: Identity politics exist solely for the purpose of keeping working class groups fighting with one another.  The idea of social justice itself is an illusion; a normative framework through which to provide meaning for people's lives in the absence of an external --- metaphysically grounded --- value structure.  And all of it is a just a power game played with language.  

Theory 2: College really only serves two purposes, which reinforce the contemporary power structure.  The first is ideological indoctrination.  That's what all this "diversity, equity and inclusivity" nonsense is really about.  In that way, the moral-political framework through which you conceptualize the world is blighted by the ideological lens into which you cannot help but be thrust.  The second is financial enslavement.  That's why college admits everyone, at the price of indentured servitude.  And make no mistake.  Tuition prices have almost nothing to do with the actual cost of providing education.  It's about the loans.  And the securities and other financial products the right to collect on them becomes.

Theory 3: Lockdowns are not, and never were, about "safety" or "public health."  The "scientific" evidence to support their efficacy, even independent of COVID, is virtually non-existent outside of a fringe strain of research that was the offshoot of Neil Ferguson's quackery at Imperial College in London.  No one in the field of epidemiology believed they could be realized, efficaciously.  Most if not all of his peers outside of a very select group of the most mathematically dishonest (or incompetent) recognized his academic fraud for exactly what it was (and have done so for many years).  

But what was different about, say, H1N1 or MERS (or any other pandemic Ferguson was off by orders of magnitude in forecasting) was the relationship between people and their governments, as populism swept the United States and Europe.  Ferguson's "solution" provided something that appeared to be --- and could be sold in the media as --- a "scientific" justification for the government's taking people's lives, freedom, livelihood and dignity; in the name of "safety."  Those images we all remember from Italy in March 2020 were horrifying.  They were the shot heard round the world.   

All of a sudden, the Davos-type globalists now were back in control; having reminded "the herd" why they "need" centralized power.  People and governments turned to "public health leaders" and the "World Health Organization" for "guidance" to protect people's "safety."  A much easier sell than "we're going to confine you in your homes, bankrupt your business and force you into debt that will destroy you and your family on an intergenerational basis," all because "we know what's best for you."

Linking lockdowns to safety was the single greatest lie that any government has ever told its people.   It is a complete and utter fabrication.  And yet, it has become "common knowledge" among any watcher of the BBC, Sky News, any Canadian news station and most Australian news sources.   They even framed it from the perspective of something like a health-based noblesse oblige: "stay home, save lives."  

I'm not saying everyone who repeated that bullshit knew they were being used.  I'm saying everyone who did is a useful idiot to the power-holding interests that exploited this crisis to transform it into the single greatest transfer of wealth in recorded history from the worlds' rising middle classes, in countries developed and developing, to the hands of private capital.  
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@thett3
You think he made it to South America? 

There were thousands of Nazis that escaped to Argentina and other countries. It is likely that of all people, their leader could make it out.

The conspiracy that Merkel is secretly Hitlers daughter 

As if his legacy couldn't get any worse lmao
thett3
thett3
-->
@bmdrocks21
No way that was a one-man job. Carrying all of those guns up by yourself? Doubtful

Plus, even though he injured and killed about half a thousand people with a firearm and missed many bullets, official reports only say they found "hundreds" of spent shell casings... https://www.fox5vegas.com/news/newly-unsealed-fbi-search-warrants-show-inconsistencies-but-no-second-shooter/article_271e4eb0-eb8a-5aa6-8788-64086d8aca7f.html
I can actually believe that he brought all those  guns up in multiple trips, but it’s weird. For what purpose? And then the fact that this guy was totally unknown, no known motive, and no attempts to dig up a motive. The whole thing was memoryholed almost immediately despite it being one of the most deadly events in recent history (and committed by a white male to boot.) And that Ellen interview with the security guards (who have also dropped from the face of the earth) was one of the creepiest things I had ever seen 

Seems obvious that it was some kind of arms deal gone wrong and that the feds were somehow involved which explains the weird lack of interest from all parties involved 
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@thett3
I can actually believe that he brought all those  guns up in multiple trips, but it’s weird.
I just find it super hard to believe that nobody noticed him. Plus those guns were freaking heavy :Twenty-four firearms, a large quantity of ammunition, and numerous high-capacity magazines capable of holding up to 100 rounds apiece were found in the suite.

Twenty-four fire arms and hundreds(thousands) of rounds of ammo: that's a lot of metal.

attempts to dig up a motive. The whole thing was memoryholed almost immediately despite it being one of the most deadly events in recent history (and committed by a white male to boot.
Yeah, we talk about other mass shootings with a tiny fraction of the body count. I honestly forget this one happened despite it being the largest one-man mass shooting in our history. Barely talked about (probably because it wasn't an election year tbh).

Seems obvious that it was some kind of arms deal gone wrong and that the feds were somehow involved which explains the weird lack of interest from all parties involved 

Yeah, the lack of investigation that we know of into this event almost confirms that the feds were somehow responsible or knew way more than they let on before it happened.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@thett3
One can believe anything.

But belief is no guarantee of anything.

And conspiracy theories are what they are.

The belief, that a shadowy elite is always doing the opposite to what they say they are doing.
RationalMadman
Debates: 574
RationalMadman
Wylted is wrong. MJ really was a pedophile, the conspiracy is how the fucking piece of shit was able to get away with it legally speaking.

If it turns out suddenly based on later evidence that is revealed, that MJ was killed as opposed to it being an accident, I am not going to really bat an eyelid. The fact Eminem was the only mainstream artist to have the guts to bash MJ and properly take a stance against him (music video of Just Lose It) is one of many reasons I respect Em despite him being a misogynistic narcissist.
badger
Debates: 0
badger
I regret that I do not believe in anything fun. I do however semi-regularly google Ghislaine Maxwell waiting for this bitch to roll some people. I think Bill and Hillary Clinton are creepy fucking people. 
thett3
thett3
-->
@badger
You might find this interesting. There was a theory based on a lot of circumstantial evidence that this account was hers. It’s an extremely influential account that was a moderator of some major subreddits and had the 8th most upvotes of all time. It was loudly denounced as a conspiracy theory but the decade old account went inactive a day or two before she was arrested and has not posted since  

RationalMadman
Debates: 574
RationalMadman
I think that the Illuminati/Elite are behind their primary opposition in the conspiracy theory realm, havinf controlled opposition such as Alex Jones, David Icke and the likes give intentionally irrational and exaggerated outlooks (especially that the FILTHY RICH, CAPITALIST elite are somehow COMMUNISTS???).

They are carefully ensuring that the most passionate of their haters ends up opposing those whom could actually stop them (the left wing politicians who really believe in social democratic values).

This began many centuries ago hut only truly unleashed primarily in the UK post-Thatcher.

Funnily enough it was Thatcher, the most right-Wing UK leader ever, who suggested global warming be researched with government funding, it was then her most ardent supporters innthe public who turned around in the next generation and called global warming a left-wing hoax.

These things are always amusing if we ignore how sick and twisted it all is.
MarkWebberFan
MarkWebberFan
-->
@RationalMadman
I think I'm writing something that veers off-topic but reading your post reminded me when Heseltine brought  down Thatcher.  When asked about why he loathed Thatcher so much, he said:

"She comes from a certain social background, one step up the ladder of economic success, with it, a lot of the characteristics that you associate with people who've just made it. A certain intolerance of those who haven't, a certain suspicion of those who are further up the ladder, a certain bigotry."

I find Heseltine's use of the word bigotry very apt.
badger
badger
-->
@thett3
@bmdrocks21

I can actually believe that he brought all those  guns up in multiple trips, but it’s weird. For what purpose? And then the fact that this guy was totally unknown, no known motive, and no attempts to dig up a motive. The whole thing was memoryholed almost immediately despite it being one of the most deadly events in recent history (and committed by a white male to boot.) And that Ellen interview with the security guards (who have also dropped from the face of the earth) was one of the creepiest things I had ever seen 

I'm don't know what your experience with gambling is, but strangers you play cards with are easily despised. I'm surprised Las Vegas isn't shot up more often tbh.
badger
badger
-->
@thett3
-->@badger
You might find this interesting. There was a theory based on a lot of circumstantial evidence that this account was hers. It’s an extremely influential account that was a moderator of some major subreddits and had the 8th most upvotes of all time. It was loudly denounced as a conspiracy theory but the decade old account went inactive a day or two before she was arrested and has not posted since  

I dug through this and found no one hung and was disappointed lol. 
janesix
Debates: 12
janesix
The Big Bang.

Dark Matter.

NeoDarwinian Evolution.

Viruses are real things.
janesix
janesix
Oh, and the Earth isn't the center of the Universe.
thett3
thett3
-->
@janesix
You sound boring af
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@thett3
Maybe...he had a ton of political enemies in the US
No
Yes
No
Yes
Yes
Yes
No
No
No
Absolutely yes,

-Obama was born in outside of the United States
No
-Donald Trump actually won the 2020 election 
No
No

Conspiracy theories I don't believe, but want to be true: 

-The Manchu's still secretly rule China
No
-The phantom time hypothesis 
No

oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
What are some conspiracy theories you believe?
  • I believe that Donald Trump is Putin's creature- that some kompromat approximate to the pee tape exists and that Russian money kept Trump afloat for about ten years.  I believe that if Russia launched missiles at the US while Trump was in charge, Trump would order the US Army to stand down.
    • That said, I think Putin wasted most of Russia's ICBM arsenal on during the Second Chechnyan War and has not rebuilt.  That is, Russia's capacity for Global Thermonuclear is mostly or entirely maskarova.
      • From the same sources, I believe that China has surpassed the US in rocket technology and presently counts on that tech to keep the US Navy out of the Western Pacific in any near-term conflict.
  • I believe that George W  Bush and Prince Bandar bin Sultan (at least) had some prior understanding regarding an attack by Al-Qaeda in Sept. 2001 and covered up that agreement after 9-11.  Bush was not surprised to learn of an attack on 9-11 although he may well have been surprised by the actual targets or scales of the attack (even bin Laden didn't expect the towers to actually collapse) and was very likely surprised that Washington DC was targeted.  Whatever the original plan, I believe that Bush anticipated that he'd have a causus belli against Iraq immediately following the event and was surprised that al-Qaeda and not  Iraq was implicated in the aftermath.
  • I believe that Halliburton deliberately provoked Saddam Hussein's invasion of Kuwait by slant drilling into Iraq in exchange for $7 billion and illegally sold dual-use drilling systems to Iraq as well as pulse neutron generators to Libya for the same purposes- those of creating false pretexts for potential US interventions.
    • Likewise, I believe that DIck Cheney was ultimately responsible for the Niger yellowcake forgeries used as false pretext for the 2003 intervention in Iraq.  
  • I believe in the October Surprise- that GHW Bush flew to Paris to postpone the return of US hostages in exchange for covert military support in Iran's war vs Iraq (a US ally at the time).
  • Similarly, I believe that Richard Nixon treasonously blew up the 1968 Paris Peace accords, promising a better deal he had no intention of honoring and extending the Vietnam War by five more years.
What are some you don't believe, but wouldn't be surprised if they turned out to be true?
  • Roosevelt knew that the Pearl Harbor attack was imminent and resolved to take the hit.
  • The assassination of Olaf Palme was a fascist hit job
  • The McKinley administration never believed that USS Maine was blown up by a Cuban mine 
  • Churchill's seizure of the Sultan Osman and the Reşadiye was not a decision of the moment but a deliberate provocation designed to force Turkey to join the Axis, thereby opening Gallipoli to attack which Churchill assumed would quickly fall and give the Allies a flank from the Black Sea as well as(and ultimately more importantly) giving the Allies cause to seize and exploit the oilfields of the Middle East
  • The Polk administration engineered the return of Santa Anna from Cuba in 1846, hoping to provoke the Mexican-American War
  • Capt. Silas Soule was murdered by his fellow cavalrymen or other agents of Col. John Chivington as payback for testifying truthfully regarding Chivington's conduct at the Sand Creek Massacre

thett3
thett3
-->
@coal
Missed this. Great post, agree with every word of it. Your first point, about identity politics, is just so obvious. Like you say, not a conspiracy although people may say it is to discredit it 
janesix
janesix
-->
@thett3
You have no idea.
thett3
thett3
-->
@janesix
Come on now. You must believe in SOMETHING really out there