Republicans Gonna Republican

Author: Danielle

Total: 146
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@3RU7AL
Virtual currency is the future, not paper or gold.
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@Greyparrot
Virtual currency is the future, not paper or gold.
That'll work out great when your ISP shadow-bans you.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Greyparrot
You don't need to convince me that "things are bad somewhere".

What I suspect you might be missing is QE1, QE2, QE3, QE4, AND QE5.

The USA has already flooded the planet with worthless cash.

The only reason a loaf of bread doesn't already cost $400.00 is because that flood of worthless cash is being kept out of CIRCULATION.

It is very specifically being held in vaults (to boost "consumer confidence").
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@3RU7AL
AddledBrain
Debates: 0
AddledBrain
-->
@3RU7AL
There is nothing keeping them from PRINTING ONETRILLIONDOLLARBILLS.
The only thing stopping them is that it would trash the economy with hyper-inflation, making that one trillion dollars and everyone else's money worthless.  If it were as simplistic as you think, it would have been done long ago and retired everyone's debt.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@AddledBrain
The only thing stopping them is that it would trash the economy with hyper-inflation, making that one trillion dollars and everyone else's money worthless.  If it were as simplistic as you think, it would have been done long ago and retired everyone's debt.
But isn't that "the point"?

They've ALREADY "trashed the economy".

The only thing maintaining the illusion of stability is smoke and mirrors.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Greyparrot
Imelda didn't create "the problem".
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@3RU7AL
Kleptocracies are always oppressed victims of colonialism. Sure.

U.S. President Barack Obama on Monday gave a preview of a summit he will hold with African leaders next week, saying African nations should look inward for solutions to economic woes and not make “excuses” based on a history of dependence and colonization.

Speaking to 500 young Africans finishing a six-week Washington leadership fellowship, Obama said while it was important for developed countries to consider providing some targeted debt relief, it was time to end the notion that all of African nations’ problems resulted from “onerous debt imposed by the West.”
“At some point, we have to stop looking somewhere else for solutions, and you have to start looking for solutions internally,” Obama told the enthusiastic audience.

“And as powerful as history is, and you need to know that history, at some point, you have to look to the future and say, ‘OK, we didn’t get a good deal then, but let’s make sure that we’re not making excuses for not going forward.’”

3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Greyparrot
saying African nations should look inward for solutions to economic woes and not make “excuses” based on a history of dependence and colonization.
This is hilarious considering how NATO policy has been very specifically aimed at SUBVERTING any attempts for the African and Middle East nations to form any sort of "European Union" in their regions.

By all rights, the Ivory Coast should be swimming in cash due to their chocolate exports.

I wonder what's going on there?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@3RU7AL
I wonder what's going on there?

Ask China. They don't give a fuck about colonialism or the Euro either and make no excuses. Despite the UK historically raping the country for centuries for opium.

In China, local kleptocracies are not allowed to be subsidized by idiotic Eurocentric virtue signallers pretending that their aid is needed or wanted by the locals.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@3RU7AL

This is why nationalism is the only recourse to colonialism.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Greyparrot
The Opium Wars are more important than most people realize.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@3RU7AL
In many ways, it was much more locally devastating than simple local tribes selling each other into slavery.

You can stop making excuses for Africa now.
AddledBrain
AddledBrain
-->
@3RU7AL
The only thing maintaining the illusion of stability is smoke and mirrors.

Your meaning escapes me, Brutal.  Please explain.  Who ?  How ?  Why ?
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Greyparrot
You can stop making excuses for Africa now.
WTF.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@AddledBrain
Please explain to me how you think money works.
AddledBrain
AddledBrain
-->
@3RU7AL
Please explain to me how you think money works.
Sure .. I will if you do.

Money is recognized by official sanctioning authorities as having the value of being a convenient surrogate for goods and services.  Being so recognized, it is a tool used for purchase and sale of goods and services.

Now, without using my definition as a head start for your answer, give me your definition.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@AddledBrain
Paper money started as receipts for gold deposits.

Literally "bank notes".

They were issued by individual banks.

Each note was exchangeable for a very specific amount of gold.

After some amount of time passed, the banks figured out that nobody was checking how much gold they had.

And they started creating "bank notes" out of thin-air so they could buy stuff.

They called this NAKED SCAM, "fractional reserve banking".

Then they made sure everyone "learned" that "fractional reserve banking" and "2% inflation" is "good for the economy".
AddledBrain
AddledBrain
-->
@3RU7AL
...They called this NAKED SCAM . . . .
Brutal, does your creative explanation of how money works somehow relieve the US of her debts and interest payments, supported by taxpayers, in a practical sense, in your opinion ?  Does it relieve US taxpayers from having to work, as we always have, for the funds to make these tax payments ?

I don't see how your explanation really changes anything.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@AddledBrain
Does it relieve US taxpayers from having to work, as we always have, for the funds to make these tax payments ?

I don't see how your explanation really changes anything.
The "US taxpayers" only "have" to work for FOOD, CLOTHING, AND SHELTER.

What you "pay" in "taxes" is basically a "transaction fee" for the CONVENIENCE of using a system of MONOPOLY-MONEY that allows you to obtain FOOD, CLOTHING, AND SHELTER.

The government doesn't "need" your "taxes" to "pay" for anything.  They have the power to confiscate anything they want.

The "government debt" (THAT YOU SEEM SO WORRIED ABOUT) is OWED to the PRIVATE CARTEL known as "the federal reserve bank" (which is not "federal" and is NOT a government entity).

(IFF) "the government" wanted to erase their own debt (THEN) they would simply abolish the federal reserve and tell the TREASURE DEPARTMENT (a real government entity) to START ISSUING COIN (NOT paper).

Now, I know what you're thinking.

Wouldn't that make all government bonds WORTHLESS OVERNIGHT?

Yes.  Yes it would.

Well, that's "inconceivable" you might say.

No.  Not by a long shot.

ENGLAND DID EXACTLY THAT AFTER WW1.

PUERTO RICO DID EXACTLY THAT IN 2014.

GREECE ALSO DID EXACTLY THAT IN 2012.

Now, the only "problem" here is that if you can't issue your own money (Greece was on the Euro, Puerto Rico on the USD), then it makes it very hard to hide your scam.

In order to understand this, we need to ask ourselves why governments finance their deficits through the issuance of bonds in the first place, rather than just asking the central bank to print money, which would not add to public debt. Ultimately, the answer is the fear of inflation. When it runs a budget deficit, the government injects demand into the economy. By selling bonds to cover the deficit, it absorbs private savings, leaving less to be used to finance private investment. Another way of looking at this is that it raises interest rates by selling the bonds. Furthermore the private sector recognizes that the bonds will one day need to be redeemed, so the expected burden of taxation in the future rises. This reduces private expenditure today. Let us call this combination of factors the “restraining effect” of bond sales. [**]
In 1932, in the grip of the Great Depression, Britain (and France) defaulted on First World War debt to the United States – the so-called inter-allied debt. [**]

AddledBrain
AddledBrain
-->
@3RU7AL
The "US taxpayers" only "have" to work for FOOD, CLOTHING, AND SHELTER.
They don't even have to do that.  They can lay down and die if they want.

What you "pay" in "taxes" is basically a "transaction fee" for the CONVENIENCE of using a system of MONOPOLY-MONEY that allows you to obtain FOOD, CLOTHING, AND SHELTER.
This is so far out in right field it doesn't deserve comment.  It couldn't be more removed from reality .. just the same as the rest of your dreamy analysis.

The government doesn't "need" your "taxes" to "pay" for anything.  They have the power to confiscate anything they want.
Maybe the Government could confiscate what they want and maybe they can't.  The US does have a Constitution setting ground rules and limits for the Government and Citizens alike.

Regarding all the rest of what you say about the US Government turning our back, defaulting on our debt and sticking our debtors, is not what responsible Nations do and the US will never do it.  It would be irresponsible of unimaginable magnitude.  Our Nation's credit, respectability and influence would be trashed in an instant.

..But here's the thing : If the debt means nothing, as you seem to claim, why are we so concerned about raising it to help repair the economy due to the pandemic ?  Why is Congress arguing about petty details ?  Why don't we just borrow enough money to give everyone an extravagant wage, full healthcare and a Tesla in every garage.  Let's just do it .. we could have Utopia on Earth . . .

I don't know what you've been reading, or smoking, Brutal, but it's somehow convinced you of a fantasy.  It has nothing whatsoever to do with the real World.  If it did, it would have been done by now.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@AddledBrain
Maybe the Government could confiscate what they want and maybe they can't.  The US does have a Constitution setting ground rules and limits for the Government and Citizens alike.
Rights.

Boy, everyone in this country always running around yammering about their fukkin rights.

I have a right, you have no right, we have a right, they don't have a right, 

Folks, I hate to spoil your fun, BUT,

There's no such thing as rights, ok?

They're imaginary.

We made 'em up.

3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@AddledBrain
Our Nation's credit, respectability and influence would be trashed in an instant.
Yeah, what precious little faint scraps still cling to its rotting corpse.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@AddledBrain
 Why is Congress arguing about petty details ?
(EITHER) they're all idiots (OR) they're playing it up to distract the crowd
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@AddledBrain
Why don't we just borrow enough money to give everyone an extravagant wage, full healthcare and a Tesla in every garage.
Even the fakest of fake paper fiat can only retain its allure if there are lots of people who really really need it, people willing to risk their lives for it.

Sort of a "religion-of-money-worshipers".
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@AddledBrain
This is so far out in right field it doesn't deserve comment.  It couldn't be more removed from reality .. just the same as the rest of your dreamy analysis.
Please challenge my axioms and or point out a specific logical error and or provide a counter-factual.