Quasi Dungeons and Dragons

Author: drafterman

Total: 4,160
secularmerlin
Debates: 0
secularmerlin
-->
@drafterman
Climb the ladder and checking on the roof.
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Buddamoose
(What kind of jewelery?)
(I don't know what you are talking about....j/k we can detect magic etc when ever, splitting everything evenly, what's good for the party is ultimately good for me as well)

drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
-->
@secularmerlin
@Buddamoose
@Earth
@TheDredPriateRoberts
@kindertina
Eikka climbs up the ladder and passes through the trap door. You've reached the windmill's peak -- a domed chamber filled with old machinery. There's not much room to move around. Light slips into this attic through small holes in the walls.

Snerp heads down each floor successively, searching for traps or any other secrets. He finds nothing new on the third or second floors. He also thoroughly searches the first floor. The barrel holds glistening, greenish-black ichor. The cabinets contain bowls of herbs and cooking ingredients (flour, sugar, and another powdery substance). On the inside of the door are a dozen locks of hair. He also finds three small, labeled containers labeled: "Youth", "Laughter", "and "Mother's Milk." The chicken coop has three chickens, a rooster, and some eggs. The wooden trunk has tiny holes bored into its lid and has several hundred croaking toads. The stove contains pastries being cooked.

Finding no secrets, Snerp begins to return to the group when, suddenly, three disgusting looking hags suddenly appear -- as if out of thin air!

COMBAT BEGINS!

(EDIT: Actually, we're going to start with Snerp, Roberts, and Luraxt, so everyone submit your actions. If Snerp gives some indication something is going on, then you all know that there is combat going on)

Player Summaries:
[21] ✶Grahf - 24/28 HP - 16 AC - Breath Weapon: ⬤ | Divine Sense: 3  | Channel Divinity: ⭘ | Lay on Hands: 20 | Spell Slots: 3 [Max HP reduced (-8)]
[20] ✶Eikka -  31/31HP - 16 AC - Channel Divinity: ⭘ | Relentless Endurance: ⬤ | Spell Slots: 3|3
[20] Ireena - Uninjured
[15] Ismark - Uninjured
[15] Morgantha - Uninjured
[15] Bella - Uninjured
[15] Offallia - Uninjured
→[15] Roberts -  36/36 HP - 18 AC - Action Surge: ⭘  | Second Wind ⬤ | Spell Slots: 2
[12] Luraxt - 22/22 HP - 13 AC - Arcane Recovery ⬤ | Spell Secrets ⬤ | Spell Slots: 3|2
[5] ✶Snerp - 23/23 HP - 13 AC - Bardic Inspiration: ⬤⭘ | Feather Fall ⬤ | Spell Slots: 3|1

Earth
Debates: 4
Earth
-->
@drafterman
I guess go downstairs?
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@drafterman
(With a barely controlled rage at the horror these things have caused I cast magic missile)
(do the spell slots also count for the cantrips?)
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@drafterman
@Buddamoose @kindertina 

I'm going to work soon and I can't post there. I'm entrusting Eikka to Buddamoose and kindertina. If I get the chance to post I will but I trust them to play Eikka's passions (buddamoose) and Eikka's intellect (kindertina)
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@drafterman
Does Eikka have any indication that trouble is up?
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@secularmerlin
@TheDredPriateRoberts
(As of combat start, no one other than Snerp knows that anything is going on. So Roberts and Luraxt will really have nothing to do. Once Snerp acts, he will probably do something that alerts everyone else that there is trouble.

Also, check out the combat map. Except for Snerp, you're all on a different floor. So even if you're aware of what's going on, you actually have to go there to do something. You can't see or attack them from where you're at.

@Roberts: Cantrips are at-will spells and don't use or require spell slots)
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@drafterman
(gotcha, thanks, so once altered to a commotion can I use Green-flame blade, then when at the fight use magic missile for both slots?  if so that will be my actions, then melee after the magic missiles unless they have some kind of immunity to the first one.)
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
(You can use one spell at a time, so you can't use all three on the same turn. Green Blade Flame is used in conjunction with a melee attack to do extra damage to a nearby target)
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@drafterman
(right, it was just for up coming turns to keep things moving along, green-blade, then move, then m.m., next turn m.m again, hope that makes sense)
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
(Right, understood. Except the first turn would have to be: move then use green-blade)
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@drafterman
(roger, yes, once I'm aware of the commotion)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@drafterman
(would all the hags be in thunderwave range?)
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Buddamoose
(they are spread out but the room is small, looks like one in front, to the left and to the right, you are stuck in the middle as the song goes lol  15ft cube looks like it would work.)
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Buddamoose
(Yes. But you dropped Thunderwave)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@drafterman
(is that raven back too btw?

@everyone-  Hag coven confirmed, so that would presumably make the raven their "Hag Eye" so destroying it will do damage and blind them all until they make a new one.)
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Buddamoose
(You don't see him from inside the building, no)
Earth
Earth
-->
@drafterman
Would Divine Sense work on the raven?
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Earth
(Only if it is a celestial, fiend, or undead within 60 feet of you that is not behind total cover. You can't use it to see through walls, but it would detect invisible creatures of those types)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@drafterman
(You don't see him from inside the building, no)

(Ok)

Snerp is startled by the Hags appearing but quickly regains his composure and jokes

Wasn't expecting you lovely ladies to be back so soon, I would have made some tea 😆.

He fuses magical energy into his words using his lute as a focus and directs that energy at the Hag on the stairs(cast Dissonant Whispers on Hag "O" w/ lvl 1 spell slot) before running up the stairs as he yells

We have company! They're back! Somebody get the children to safety!
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Buddamoose
(Oh the puns, 3s company, raven never more, golden girls, I watch too much tv) (hmm i could potentially use burning hands if I catch them coming up the stairs.......great place for area affect spells, if they are confined in a stair well)(er wait I think i just picked that spell up and we haven't rested yet, dang)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
er wait I think i just picked that spell up and we haven't rested yet, dang)

(Drafter changed it to getting ur stuff at level up right away. You just don't regen anything you've already used until you long rest).
drafterman
drafterman
The spell appears to have no effect on the hag and she hisses at him.

You'll have to do better than that, deary!

Hearing the commotion, Grahf rushes down stairs and comes up behind Offallia. He attempts to slash at her with his longsword, but it slides off of her thick, greasy skin.

[Melee Weapon Attack: d20 (10) + 6 = 16, Miss!]

Eikka follows behind Grahf. She is unable to get close enough to attack in melee, so instead flings an eldritch blast from over the railing.

[Ranged Spell Attack: d20 (20) + 3 = 23, Critical Hit!]
[Eldritch Blast Damage: 2d10 (5, 7) = 12 force damage]

Ireena opts to stay with the children as Ismark goes down with the group. He leans over the railing and fires a crossbow bolt at Offalia, but it misses.

Morgantha steps forward to the barrel with the thick ooze. She raps on the side of the barrel. Bubbles pour up from the surface and out crawls what appears to be some sort of demonic pig-dog.

Bella closes her eyes and begins to concentrate. When she opens her eyes again, they are pitch black. She peers at Snerp with her eerie eyes. Sleep, little gnome, and I'll play all the tag you can handle. Snerp finds himself overcome with sleep, and slumps to the ground.

[Wisdom Save (with advantage): d20 (6, 14) = 14, Failed!]

Offalia spins and faces Grahf. Ooh, lookie at this one. Crunchy on the outside, chewy on the inside? She rakes her gnarled claws across Grahf's hide, but leaves no lasting marks.

Roberts joins the group. Unable to get in melee range, he flings several magical missiles at Offalia.

[Magic Missile Damage: d4+1 = 5x3 = 15 force damage]

Luraxt also runs down, but can't get in range or sight of anyone.

Snerp: Zzzz....

(Next round of actions!)

Player Summaries:
→[21] ✶Grahf - 24/28 HP - 16 AC - Breath Weapon: ⬤ | Divine Sense: 3  | Channel Divinity: ⭘ | Lay on Hands: 20 | Spell Slots: 3 [Max HP reduced (-8)]
[20] ✶Eikka -  31/31HP - 16 AC - Channel Divinity: ⭘ | Relentless Endurance: ⬤ | Spell Slots: 3|3
[20] Ireena - Uninjured
[15] Ismark - Uninjured
[15] Morgantha - Uninjured
[15] Dretch - Uninjured
[15] Bella - Uninjured
[15] Offallia - Injured
[15] Roberts -  36/36 HP - 18 AC - Action Surge: ⭘  | Second Wind ⬤ | Spell Slots: 1
[12] Luraxt - 22/22 HP - 13 AC - Arcane Recovery ⬤ | Spell Secrets ⬤ | Spell Slots: 3|2
[5] ✶Snerp - 23/23 HP - 13 AC - Bardic Inspiration: ⬤⭘ | Feather Fall ⬤ | Spell Slots: 2|1 [Asleep]

kindertina
kindertina
-->
@Buddamoose
@TheDredPriateRoberts
(I have burning hands ready, I can cast it as soon as Snerp is in the clear, providing the hags follow him up the stairs)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
(idk wtf that pig dog thing is. But this is 4 monsters now and they can sleep us. Not good, somebody wake me up so I can feather fall Ireena and the kids aandhave them jump out from a higher story to safety 😂😂.)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@kindertina
(i didn't get up the stairs. Got put to sleep 😂.)

kindertina
kindertina
-->
@drafterman
(Okay, didn't see post until, sent)( I will wait until I get in sight of hags)
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
(m.m. again, we need to focus all attacks on one at a time if at all possible, this is going to get ugly, pun intended)(do audible sounds of a raven in the near vicinity?)(we may have to try and take the fight outside.)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
Mother's Milk

(MOTHER! GET MY CELEBRATORY CLEAN DIAPER! NOURISH ME MOTHER!)