@Earth
Lets keep moving to Maggie's.

(Agreed)
secularmerlin
Debates: 0
secularmerlin
-->
@drafterman
Ismark has been maintaining a defensive posture, on the look out for anything harmful

(Grudging respect for Ismark. Plus he doesn't look half bad as an orc.)
Buddamoose
Debates: 4
Buddamoose
-->
@secularmerlin
Plus he doesn't look half bad as an orc.)

(Oooooooooooh)
drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
Ireena sighs: It's something Donavich told me before we left the church. He told me that Kolyan wasn't really my father. He said when I was very young, they found me on the outskirts of the woods at the foot of the pillars of Ravenloft. I had no idea where I had come from and didn't even know who I was. Kolyan adopted and raised me as a daughter, but never told me the truth.

Ismark is suprised by the revelation and puts a hand on Ireena's shoulder. I never knew and as far as I'm concerned you are my sister and I will protect you from Strahd or die trying.

As they chat, they continue along the winding road. The Old Svalich Road transitions here from being awinding path through the Balinok Mountains to a lazytrail that hugs the mountainside as it descends into the fog-filled valley. In the heart of the valley you see a walledtown near the shores of a great mountain lake, its watersdark and still. A branch in the road leads west to a promontory,atop which is perched a dilapidated stone windmill,its warped wooden vanes stripped bare.

Day 3
Afternoon

Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@drafterman
He said when I was very young, they found me on the outskirts of the woods at the foot of the pillars of Ravenloft

(Tatyana ressurected or saved from her fall somehow? Maybe she had eternal youth and her fall removed it and she started aging normally? Idk, just spitballin lol)

Kolyan adopted and raised me as a daughter, but never told me the truth.

It's a good thing such a loyal and caring family found you in this evil place

Snerp sees the windmill and his expression hardens.

It will be dark soon. We should hurry and visit Maggie before nightfall

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@drafterman
Cast guidance. If there is an ability check to find traps I want to pass it.
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@drafterman
Any ability check really.
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@drafterman
Snerp keeps a wary eye on the surroundings, remaining alert to any percieved or potential threats.

(Is there anything thats a short distance away from the windmill that could be used to secure the horses?)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@secularmerlin
(oooh boy, bet windmill = dungeon. We should hopefully come away with some kewl stuff and the satisfactisfaction of killing Maggie 💯🔥)
drafterman
drafterman
The group finds a nearby tree to hitch their horses.

Ismark: I will stay here with Ireena. From your description, this is likely to be a dangerous encounter and I am not going to put Ireena into unnecessary harm, and will not leave her out here by herself; This would be a perfect distraction for Strahd to come and steal her away.

The group cautiously approaches the windmill.

This onion-domed edifice leans forward and to one side, as though trying to turn away from the storm gray sky. You see gray brick walls and dirt-covered windows in the upper floors. A decrepit wooden platform encircles the windmill above a flimsy doorway leading to the building's interior. Perched on a wooden beam above the door is a raven. It ops about and squawks at you, seemingly agitated.

Behind the windmill is the forest, at the edge of which is a ring of four squat megaliths. Crows can be seen circling around the stones.

TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
(welp, this is why we are here, let's go)

Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
This would be a perfect distraction for Strahd to come and steal her away.

Snerp tries to persuade Ismarck,

I would prefer you both accompany us specifically for that reason. You handled yourself well against Doru and from my point of view it's better you accompany us inside the windmill then be sitting ducks out here alone 😐. 

Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
(I don't like the thought of leaving Ismarck and Ireena out here alone tbh. But on the other hand, I really don't like the thought of not killing Maggie 🎿)
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Buddamoose
(hmm unless we can make her come to us......smoke her out, with actual smoke?  start a fire on the backside of the windmill and we stand at the opening?)(if she doesn't know we are outside, you could play the wounded victim and lure her out.....)
drafterman
drafterman
[Snerp Persuasion Check: d20 (7) + 6 = 13]

Ismark thinks for a second. I suppose we are at risk sitting out here exposed anyway. But if this turns out to be too dangerous, I'm going to have to insist that we make a tactical retreat and head for Vallaki.
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@drafterman
Cowardess makes an uncomfortable coat Ismark. Your village is depending on you to keep them safe and Maggie preys on the weakest and most inoscent of your flock. Of us all you can least afford to run away from this.
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
(Tactical retreat phbuh.😝)
drafterman
drafterman
Ismark: I can hardly provide for my town if I am dead. Do you think you're the first set of adventurers to come through here with visions of liberation and revolt? Many of my people have died for your people's causes.
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@drafterman
Without a word Eikka takes a desiccated ogre hand from her pouch and hands it to Ismark. It's her war trophy from her days with the bloodknob army. She believes it will give him luck.

drafterman
drafterman
Ismark: ... thanks?
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
Zud protect these two wanderers. Let them be steadfast and true in the face of peril today and all the days of their lives. Take on their fear and their uncertainty, make it your own and except Ismark and Ireena as the noble warriors they are. Give us strength mighty Zud for we go forth to protect the children. (with this prayer Eikka casts resistance on them both).
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
Eikka takes a desiccated ogre hand from her pouch and hands it to Ismark

(Good flirting? No, greatest flirting)
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Buddamoose
(I know right, he's mine now.)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@drafterman
Do you think you're the first set of adventurers to come through here with visions of liberation and revolt? Many of my people have died for your people's causes

We're not here to get a bunch of people to get themselves slaughtered. But if Strahd shows up and we're dealing with Maggie, that's pretty much exactly what will happen to both of you. Hence why y'all should be coming inside with us. 

By all means, if you want to sit out the fight, feel free to pull out art supplies and paint a rendition of it for us though.
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Buddamoose
(can you disguise yourself as a child and lure her out?)
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Buddamoose
(He's already agreed to go with you)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
(She's probably already heard us, but even if we draw her out, we're still going inside to loot anyways 😂.)

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@drafterman
(It was the hand. Guys love it when you give them a hand.🤗)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@drafterman
(yeah I know, that last part was about him acting like a sally little bitch talking about running from someone making kids into food 😂)
drafterman
drafterman
Ismark: I'll remind you that I agreed to help you after my sister was secured. You may not care about the collateral damage of your actions, but I do. When all is said and done, this is my home and I'll be left to clean up the mess.