Quasi Dungeons and Dragons

Author: drafterman

Total: 4,160
TheDredPriateRoberts
Debates: 0
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Buddamoose
(I don't have anything to work with, probably don't have the level yet, and I only have the original 15 gold I started with so it's going to be a while before I can silver stuffs)
Buddamoose
Debates: 4
Buddamoose
-->
@Earth
People were implying there was a smithy in town.

(How? I straight up asked the shopkeep whether there was or not and he said no 😉)

(Are you proficient in smithing(no fresh prince 😂)? That's how you would be able to silver things no? Because silvering a weapon requires reforging the blade, which requires a forge, anvil, and grindstone like is the case with actual smithing.)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@drafterman
(seeing as we Don't need to worry about food, can you retcon selling the mess kit? It's pretty much a paperweight for whoever is carrying it. A really heavy paperweight 😂😂)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
(245 gold - 24.5(10% group fee to be set aside for emergency use on a rainy day) = 220.5g. 

220.5g ÷ 5 = 44.1g. So basically we all are gonna get 44g each assuming a 5 way split, less 10% being set aside for a rainy day for the whole group 😂😂)

Buddamoose
Buddamoose
(banker/bard/medic/real estate agent/musician/poet/rogue/smooth talking Snerp at your service 😂.)
drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
The Church Party

Snerp and Eikka head towards the sounds of praying. The chapel is a shambles, with overturned and brokenpews littering the dusty floor. Dozens of candlesmounted in candlesticks and candelabras light everydusty corner in a fervent attempt to rid the chapel ofshadows. At the far end of the church sits a claw-scarredaltar, behind which kneels a priest in soiled vestments.Next to him hangs a long, thick rope that stretches upinto the bell tower.

The Tavern Crew

Roberts eyes up the Vistani. They haven't met many individuals, but betwen Bildrath and the barkeep, Barovians seem to be dour individuals that wear plain, drab clothing. Ismark is dressed in a slightly more colorful and regal manner, but not by much. By contrast, the Vistani wear colorful, flamboyant clothing. They seem unaffected by the dreary weather and dilaptated state of the town, and readily smile as they converse among themselves.

As Roberts sits, Ismark smiles again and waves a hand for the barkeep, who brings over another glass of wine.

(If you have access to the appropriate facilities, you can craft silvered weapons yes. This requires the weapon in question plus 50gp worth of silver. It takes a week of downtime)

Player Summaries:
Eikka -  24/24HP - 16 AC - Channel Divinity: ⬤ | Relentless Endurance: ⭘ | Spell Slots: 1|2
✶Grahf - 20/28 HP - 16 AC - Breath Weapon: ⬤ | Divine Sense: 3  | Channel Divinity: ⬤ | Lay on Hands: 5 | Spell Slots: 1
Luraxt - 13/17 HP - 13 AC - Arcane Recovery ⬤ | Spell Secrets ⬤ | Spell Slots: 4|2
Roberts -  28/28 HP - 19 AC - Action Surge: ⬤  | Second Wind ⬤ | Spell Slots: 2
✶Snerp - 18/18 HP - 13 AC - Bardic Inspiration: ⬤⭘ | Spell Slots: 1|2

Buddamoose
Buddamoose
I call out to the kneeling priest as i begin walking up slowly. Looking around to see if I percieve anything wrong with the situation beyond, well, the scream. At the ready to disengage should something go awry. 

Excuse me, are we interrupting anything?

Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@drafterman
 It takes a week of downtime

(If multiple weapons are being made, does the downtime run concurrent or combined? Ex: 2 silverings = 1 week, or 2 weeks total?)
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Buddamoose
@drafterman
What happened here man?
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Buddamoose
The Church Party

In response to being addressed, the man rises to his feet and faces them. His has clearly not washed (either body or clothes) for weeks and his face is stained with tears. His eyes go wide in fright at the sight of a half-orc and a gnome.

Monsters! Invaders! To arms! To arms!

He rushes to the bell-rope and begins to pull it, causing the bell to ring loudly throughout the town.

The Tavern Crew

After Ismark makes sure everyone is stocked in wine and the tab is paid he sits down and smiles again, perhaps a bit too eagerly.

Welcome to my... er... humble village-

His words are cut off by the sound of a church bell ringing somewhat frantically. Neither the barkeep nor the Vistani pay any head and Ismark only sighs muttering something about "Donavich being at it again." He shakes his head then addresses the group before him.

What brings a group such as ... yourselves ... to this town?

(Multiple smithy projects stack and cannot run concurrently)

TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Buddamoose
@drafterman
@kindertina
(we should be vague and general until we can access him better, we are just looking for work, with a sly smile and a wink, stuff like that)(perhaps ask about the surrounding area and potential opportunities, we should do the same to the 3 Vistani as well)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@drafterman
Whoaaaa buddy, have you never seen a gnome or orc before? We're not enemies, we came here to seek a place for our group to shelter for the night 

I put my hands up showing them clearly so to make it known I'm not a threat, and continue to try to persuade him. 

The shopkeep in town sent us here after we traded goods with him. That's it, we aren't monsters or invaders. We were sent for by Baron Zarovich. I have the letter, I can show you if you don't believe us! 

drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Earth
@TheDredPriateRoberts
@kindertina
(What do you guys in the Tavern do?)
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@drafterman
When the man yells about monsters and invaders Eikka spins arround crossbow in hand expecting to see hordes of undead behind her. When there seems to he no threat she turns back arround visibly displeased. (Though she isn't actively trying to be intimidating she has a scowl on her mug that might call for an intimidation roll).
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@drafterman
(this guy seemed more interested in the drow than myself, so I'll will excuse myself and sit at the table with the 3 Visanti and engage them in some conversation)
What brings the 3 of you to such a......charming establishment?
(do they appear to be armed or wearing armor?)
Let's get straight to the point, we all have.....shall we say wants.....desires.........agendas........perhaps we share some similar goals and we could be beneficial to each other.  I'm a simple man, and simply coins see to help meet my needs, but interesting and useful things are more my desire.......if we understand one another.  However should your paths interfere with mine in a negative way, well, that would be a shame. (leaning heavy on the table)
Earth
Earth
-->
@drafterman
Keep drinking.
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
with the 3 Visanti and engage them in some conversation)

(*Subtly threatens the Vistani* I suppose it counts as engaging in conversation. Let's hope they don't decide to kick ur ass for it 😂.)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@secularmerlin
Though she isn't actively trying to be intimidating she has a scowl on her mug that might call for an intimidation roll

I like this flair. You could have, and imho should have, just left it out of parentheses cause it's fits really good with the post as a whole. 👍👍
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@Earth
Keep drinking.

("Oath of Devotion? I'm devoted to seeing the bottom of this glass". 💯)
kindertina
kindertina
-->
@Earth
@TheDredPriateRoberts
@drafterman
Look at Is Ismark giving him a puzzled look as though I don't understand.
kindertina
kindertina
-->
@Earth
@TheDredPriateRoberts
@drafterman
Also trying to be aware of the threat level over by Roberts.
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@kindertina
Also trying to be aware of the threat level over by Roberts

(You the real MVP if they decide to kick Roberts behind 😂)

drafterman
drafterman
The Church Party

You're in league with the Devil Strahd?! INVASION! STRAHD IS ATTACKING THE VILLAGE!

The priest stops ringing the bell and beings grabbing whatever debris and pieces of wood he can find and flings it harmlessly at Snerp and Eikka.

Begone foul creatures! You cannot take my son!

From underneath the floorboards, you can hear an unearthly yell. Father! I can smell their blood!

The Tavern Crew

Ismark raises his eyebrows confused, as Roberts walks away.

I guess your friend doesn't like to drink?

He smiles awkwardly at Grahf and Luraxt, who drink silently. Ismark clears his throat.

Ahem, so.. do either of you have names?

The Vistani quiet and take interest as Roberts approaches the group. They are wearing dark, hooded cloaks that are splayed open, revealing the colorful clothing underneath. They do not appear to be wearing armor, but Roberts can catch glimpses of short swords slung at their hips. They listen stoically as he gives his statement, then look at each other. After a brief pause they all begin laughing, then resume their conversation, paying Roberts no more heed.
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@drafterman
(I go back to the other table)
drafterman
drafterman
Ismark at the table smiles again as Roberts returns. Friend, I think you'll find me better company than those three.
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@drafterman
(I will thank him for he courtesy, listen to what he has to say.  Make some veiled references to our experience and at some point see what he knows and this area, the happenings and about those 3)(But I try to let him do most of the talking)
drafterman
drafterman
Yes, I see you've been exposed to the... nature of the valley. I'm afraid you cannot leave. Anyone who attempts to  leave - aside from the Vistani - choke on the fog and die unless they turn back. Many people such as yourselves have been lured here, but they all die or disappear eventually. No place in the valley is truly safe, but some places are safer than others.
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@drafterman
We don't know this Strand and we aren't here for your son. Sounds like a wierd kid though if you weren't the village priest I'd suggest you take him to the village priest. "I can smell your blood" even orcs don't talk to their parents like that.
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@drafterman
How is the Vistani can freely travel?  Do they always travel in groups of 3? (should we get a lone one, we may want to "talk" to him, probably with some force)
How long have you been here?  Where are these other 'safer places"?  What is the purpose of what is going on here, what ends are trying to be achieved?  Are you able to travel freely?  What is it YOU want?
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
After a brief pause they all begin laughing, then resume their conversation, paying Roberts no more heed
(The best outcome you were going to get there butch.)