Quasi Dungeons and Dragons

Author: drafterman

Total: 4,160
drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
No one is in the business of buying much of anything 'cept wine. That an' Old Maggy's pastries. Bildrath smacks his lips. She's just an old biddy that carts her wares around here from time to time.
Buddamoose
Debates: 4
Buddamoose
-->
@drafterman
Pastries!? Seems like you enjoy them! We'll definitely have to pay her a visit to try them 😋. Could you point us in the direction of the tavern and inn by chance? 

drafterman
drafterman
The other big building across the street and it's a tavern only. No place to rent rooms around here. Ye'll have to bunk up with someone - he laughs - or maybe grab a pew over at the church.
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@drafterman
No inn? Well that's disappointing. I suppose we'll be camping outside in this beautiful and splendid place then 😂. With that being said, my friends likely wish to purchase things from you, so I'll step aside. Thank you for the help. 

I bow to the shop keep and step away, walking over to the gentleman stocking shelves.

Why Hello! Do you have a moment to talk by chance? 

secularmerlin
Debates: 0
secularmerlin
-->
@drafterman
@Buddamoose
I'll be back soon try not to get in trouble.

@kindertina 
(In primordial)I'll be back soon try not to get in trouble.

@Drafterman 
I seek out the church and try to speak with the clergy as a traveling priestess. Who is prominently worshipped here? How many clerics live in the church (or just non class priests)? Does the church provide any services (magic or otherwise) and what kind of "donation" is expected in return? (Roll for religion?)
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Earth
Grahf would you like me to include anything in my prayers?
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
(Actually, I just looked. Short swords, daggers, and rapiere are finesse items. I can use Dex or Str as the ability for rolls with them. 

@drafter- can I dual wield.say two daggers, or a short sword and a dagger?)

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Buddamoose
(If you can dual wield you already have two daggers.)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@drafterman
(do i still have the bone dagger or did that disintegrate?)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@secularmerlin
I'll be back soon try not to get in trouble.

Upon Eikka interrupting the conversation I just started with the shop employee, I turn to him. 

My apologies friend for cutting this short. But meet us in the tavern after work and we can talk then if you wish. Otherwise, I'm not one to let someone wander off alone, so off I shall go with her! Good day! 

I follow Eikka out of the shop and to the church 

Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@secularmerlin
(what's ur religion modifier? Mines +3. Either I can assist you in those rolls or you can with me. It's best the person with the highest bonus does it while the other assists with that check so it's at advantage. 

Two heads are better than one as it's said 👏💯)

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Buddamoose
(Sorry I wasn't trying to interupt. But hey welcome to my outing. Ready to smooth talk some village priests?)
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
@Buddamoose @Drafterman 

(Looks like we are equally qualified in religion but if any talking is involved you will have advantage. You make the roll and I will) cast guidance on Snerp and assist in his roll.
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@secularmerlin
(is snerp ever not ready to smooth talk people? 😂)

As we are walking to the church I catch a whiff of Eikkas armor grease, realizing my presdigitation on the goop has worn off. 

Can't very well have her walking into a church smelling like that, they'll boot us out i think to myself.

I mutter the incantation for presdigitation under my breath while strumming on my lute to mask the muttering and the smell of strawberries once more fills the air. 

Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@secularmerlin
Looks like we are equally qualified in religion but if any talking is involved you will have advantage. You make the roll, I will cast guidance.

Don't use ur spell slots. Just assist with the check and it will be rolled at advantage(Roll 2d20, take the highest roll.)

Earth
Earth
-->
@drafterman
(Nvm)

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Buddamoose
(Guidance is a cantrip. +1d4 to the next skill roll.)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@secularmerlin
(oh shit, that's dope AF)
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Buddamoose
(Yeah, all hail Zud am I right?)
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Buddamoose
(Resistance is a cantrip too. +1d4 to the next saving throw.)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@secularmerlin
(nice support cantrips breh)

I think I might take bane next time. It's another level 1 spell, but it docks 4 from the next roll creatures i target with it take. That with Vicious Mockery are pretty solid debuffs)

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Buddamoose
(My next cantrip spare the dying would probably be Eikka's choice but I really want sacred flame so I'm not sure if I'll go with my choice or hers.)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@secularmerlin
Bane: Up to three creatures you can see must make charisma saving throws. If a target fails, whenever they make an attack roll or saving throw before the spell ends, they must roll a d4 and subtract the number rolled.(higher spell slots add 1d4 per slot higher than 1st level 👏👏)

(Invisibility, Suggestion, and Phantasmal Force are also ones I'm considering tbh)

Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@secularmerlin
(check out this cantrip. Seems pretty dope except for how it turns creatures you use it on hostile. Probably would work great in a situation where we gotta get thru something or someone in a pinch that we'll be far away from once the cantrip wears off)
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Buddamoose
(How do you not already have That? It's right up Snerp's alley.)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@secularmerlin
(prestidigitation has alot of various uses, and Vicious Mockery is a pretty good debuff. I'll prob get it when I get another cantrip. I just don't like how it turns creatures hostile tbh. Limits it's usage to be frank.

There is charm in level 1 spells which doesn't have that effect. But I think the next non cantrip spell i learn is prob best used for another debuff like bane, or suggestion, or a damaging ability that would effectively be a DOT(damage over time) spell.)
drafterman
drafterman
(The bone dagger looks fine. It certainly looks older but it is usable and intact, certainly after Eikka's casting of mending. Anyone can dual wield so long as both weapons have the light property. I actually forgot about this with Roberts, so Roberts can't dual wield a longsword and shortsword unless he later takes the dual wielder feat)

As Snerp questions the large man, he is continuing to stair at two wooden birds in his hand, trying to figure out which is red and which is blue. They're both orange. Just as Snerp walks out the door with Eikka, he raises his head. Huh?

Eikka and Snerp begin to take the main road north to the church. As they do so, they hear a soft humming sound, accompanied by the sound of a squeaky wheel. Occasionally they'll catch a glimpse of a little old woman pushing a cart right as she turns a corner out of sight.
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@secularmerlin
@Earth
@TheDredPriateRoberts
@kindertina
As Snerp questions the large man, he is continuing to stare at two wooden birds in his hand, trying to figure out which is red and which is blue. They're both orange. Just as Snerp walks out the door with Eikka, he raises his head. Huh?

(We'll have to go back for this so I can question him about this. Seems rather suspicious and a worthwhile hint. Maybe Kinder or Earth can use detect magic to see if they're magical. But I'm gonna go back and see if I can't get em off of the guy regardless, cause something tells me they're signifigant.)

Occasionally they'll catch a glimpse of a little old woman pushing a cart right as she turns a corner out of sight.

(Old Maggie no doubt, def gonna have to talk with her)

drafterman
drafterman
(Probably should let Grahf, Roberts and Luraxt catch up a bit)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
@drafterman
I actually forgot about this with Roberts, so Roberts can't dual wield a longsword andshortsword unless he later takes the dual wielderfeat)

(Somebody else should probably use the shortsword then. I can dual wield it with the bone dagger?)

@Drafter- can we retcon me selling the iron dagger in my possession? That is, assuming Roberts and everyone else is cool with me using it?)