Quasi Dungeons and Dragons

Author: drafterman

Total: 4,160
kindertina
Debates: 0
kindertina
-->
@secularmerlin
Perhaps we should question the shop keep. (In primordial)

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@kindertina
Eikka's eyes widen in surprise. She turns her head slowly and suspiciously toward the drow and speaks in primordial. You speak the language of the elementals?
Buddamoose
Debates: 4
Buddamoose
I use presigitation to clean the jewelery and gems as I walk up to the shopkeep and spread the various things out.

Good day, we're just some weary travelers looking to offload some treasurea we've found in our travels. Are you interested in bartering for these or is there someone else who would be more interested?
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@Earth
(dude, I just got double bonus to persuasion and i can clean the stuff with presitidigitation. I can prolly persuade the shopkeep into better prices my dude 👍)
drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
Bildrath looks the group over, very slowly, and very suspiciously, then at the pile of goods laid out on the counter before him.

Whether or not I'm interested, I'm the only shop in town.

He slowly rummages through the items before him (let me know if I missed anything). 

• eye patch with a carnelion
  • gold rings x4
  • ivory handbrush
  • jewelry box
  • 3 green gems
I'll give you 60 gold for the lot of it.

Buddamoose
Buddamoose
(I hardcore need a better bow lol. My damage is weaksauce, my support status is on point though. Medic/Support/Bard Snerp. Like a good neighbor, snerp snerp is there 😂😂)
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@secularmerlin
(I would say we just divide it and keep something like 10% for party expenses.)
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
(I don't guess I have a problem with that.)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@drafterman
(hold up, lemme get a reference on what these would normally be worth. A haggle point basically)

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@drafterman
I check on and feed the kitten.
drafterman
drafterman
The cat mews and nuzzles against Eikka's hand.
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
(60gp is a fair price but I'll see if I can't barter for a little extra.. The gems are 10g each at cheap prices. The rings are 5g each at cheap price. Trinkets are 5(ivory handbrush) I can't find the other items general value tho...)

I consider the shopkeeps offer. 

How about 70g for the lot, and to sweeten the pot, you or someone else you know can have a part in the yet to be announced publically  showI'll be putting on tonite for this town? 

Did i mention I'm one of the premier bards in the Feywild? It's definitely not a show you wanna miss out on a chance to be a part of. 

Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@drafterman
As the shopkeep considers the offer I observe the shop for any strange or unusual items that might sneakily be pocketed. 

(I'm not taking anything as of yet, just looking).

Is there a blacksmith or a bowyer in town by chance? 

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@drafterman
I shall have to think of a name for you. Spoken to the cat.

TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Buddamoose
(depending on what he has for sale, perhaps we'd get much more on trade value)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
(I can use the aforementioned performance to generate some more gold via asking for any kind donations for the show.) 
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
(the price we're haggling would be the price from which any goods we purchase would be deducted from I think.)
drafterman
drafterman
Bildrath rubs his chin as he thinks things over. He then smiles broadly and scoops the items over to his side of the counter. He drops a heavy sack toward Snerp.

Pleasure doing business with you young... man? Eh, whatever. As far as your show, I don't think you'll get much of an audience. As far as businesses, just me an' the tavern. We don't get many... customers so to speak.

He chuckles to himself.

Buddamoose
Buddamoose
(also, the silver short sword didn't tarnish. I think it might be magical as the robe wasn't any worse for the wear either)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@drafterman
We don't get many... customers so to speak.

What do you mean? Also, we were requested here by Baron Strahd von Zarovich, do you have anything you can tell us about him before we officially meet him?
drafterman
drafterman
(As far as the store's inventory, he has anything here with a base price of 25gp or less)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
He chuckles to himself.

(Suspicious)
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Buddamoose
Ooh! Requested by Baron Strahd von Zarovich. You must be very important then!

Bildrath takes a step back and bows low in a mocking manner. He then stands back up and dramatically taps a finger against his chin.

Anything to tell you about him. Hmm.... well. he lives in the castle. No one is welcome there except on explicit invitation. Something else... something important.

He scratches his head.

Oh yes, and he's a centuries old vampire that has cursed this land preventing anyone from leaving it? That must be it.

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Buddamoose
the silver short sword didn't tarnish. I think it might be magical as the robe wasn't any worse for the wear either

(It didn't respond to detect magic.)
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@drafterman
(might the shopkeeper belong to the same guild as the one I'm in?)
(at some point I want to purchase a quiver and Pick, miner's)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@drafterman
Oh yes, and he's a centuries old vampire that has cursed this land preventing anyone from leaving it? That must be it.

Well isn't that lovely...

I turn around to the rest of the group

You hear that? We might as well make ourselves comfortable cause apparently we can't leave even if we wanted to.

I turn back around to the shop keep, and pause for a short moment, before pulling out the deeds, but still holding onto them.

The Baron left us these as gifts for our arrival. Do you know anyone who would be interested in these properties or would you otherwise know where they are and what condition they might be in?

As he respond, I sneakily cast illusory script on on the deeds so they appear current and as if we are the rightful owners, along with presdigitation to make them appear clean and unaged.

drafterman
drafterman
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
(Thus far, everything you know and learned indicates that the valley has been isolated from the greater world at large for over 400 years. The current year is 735 while things like the deed are dated around  the 350's. Until you guys entered this valley, no one outside even suspected that it was inhabited save for the visitation by the enigmatic Vistani.

So while it's possible he's a 'member' of your guild (assuming it's over 400 years old) it's unlikely that you might be able to make use of that relationship)
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@secularmerlin
(right, though silver has advantages against certain monsters)
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Buddamoose
Bildrath pulls out a set of spectacles and grumbles slightly as he looks over the documents.

Durst? Never heard of them. No house or family here by that description. The lot described here is empty and has been for as long as I know. The windmill, now there is a windmill out west of town. Old Maggy lives there, I think.
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@drafterman
The lot is emtpy eh? Is there anyone in the business of buying undeveloped land around here? 

Who is this Old Maggy?