Quasi Dungeons and Dragons

Author: drafterman

Total: 4,160
TheDredPriateRoberts
Debates: 0
TheDredPriateRoberts
(can I use my second wind and then rest or won't it matter?)
Buddamoose
Debates: 4
Buddamoose
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
(won't matter 👌)
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Buddamoose
@drafterman
(wasn't sure if healing via long rest was a roll or you just go back to max) (switching back to long sword) (search,examine cloak, orb blah blah blah)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
(search,examine cloak, orb blah blah blah

(Yeah, pretty much xD. We still have part of the dungeon left to explore. Talk about an action packed start to an adventure. Got taken thru the ringer for the past few days 😂)
drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
Long Rest:
Eikka returns to full health, gains all spell slots. Gains 1 Hit Die back (1/2). You may choose 4 of the following spells to prepare (you have Command and Identify prepared for free):
  • Bane
  • Bless
  • Ceremony
  • Create or Destroy Water
  • Cure Wounds*
  • Detect Evil and Good
  • Detect Magic
  • Detect Poison and Disease
  • Guiding Bolt*
  • Healing Word
  • Inflict Wounds
  • Protection from Evil and Good
  • Purify Food and Drink
  • Sanctuary*
  • Shield of Faith
Grahf heals, regains a Hit Dice (2/2) and can choose 3 of the following spell to prepare:
  • Bless
  • Ceremony
  • Command
  • Compelled Duel
  • Cure Wounds
  • Detect Evil and Good
  • Detect Magic
  • Detect Poison and Disease
  • Divine Favor
  • Heroism
  • Protection from Evil and Good
  • Purify Food and Drink
  • Searing Smite
  • Shield of Faith
  • Thunderous Smite
  • Wrathful Smite
Roberts heals and gets a hit die back (2/2)

Snerp heals, gets a hie die back (1/2) and gets his spell slots back. His strength is restored.

(Not on Grahf's reroll. We're basically doing a retcon. He was always a dragonborn paladin)

Player Summaries:
Eikka - 6/17 HP - 16 AC - Channel Divinity: ⬤ | Relentless Endurance: ⬤ | Spell Slots: 1⬤⬤⬤
Grahf - 20/20 HP - 16 AC - Breath Weapon: ⬤ | Divine Sense: ⬤⬤⬤  | Lay on Hands: 10 | Spell Slots: 1⬤⬤
Roberts - 20/20 HP - 19 AC - Action Surge: ⬤  | Second Wind ⬤
Snerp - 13/13 HP - 13 AC - Bardic Inspiration: ⬤⬤ | Spell Slots: 1⬤⬤⬤

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@drafterman
I keep cure wounds and guiding bolt. I trade sanctuary (which I didn't use) with bless and add detect magic. That way someone in the party has detect magic and identify.

Typo in updating my hp should be 17/17
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Buddamoose
I see your feeling better. Guess I'm still stuck with you. By the way thanks for blowing us across the room like that.
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@secularmerlin
I pictured that going way different in my head at the time 

(effing paladins, well at least it doesn't seem like Earths all too into the RP aspect of this, so at least we don't have to worry about him being the typical self rightcheous sycophant pally's usually are played as. Still remember the group I was a part of with a pally that turned the whole group over to the town guard because we skipped out on paying our tab at the tavern/inn 😂😂)

Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@drafterman
(can we get a link to character sheets once spells have been chosen? So as to have a handy resource for what people are proficient in, spells they may have at their disposal, etc?)
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Buddamoose
I pictured that going way different in my head at the time

I hope so. If you meant to do that you should be smacked.
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Buddamoose
Yeah. I had to cut it out earlier because I was reaching the character limit. I might send them out as a PM
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@drafterman
(also, is oathbreaking still a potentiality?)
drafterman
drafterman
(the restrictions on paladin behavior are a lot looser than previous editions. There are no alignment requirements and instead of following a deity, they follow a set of ideals determined at level 3. The rules on oath breaking are not set in stone.)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@drafterman
(so basically, yes, but it's less strict than previous? I'm asking cause it would suck for him to lose his regular pally abilities seeing as it seems we're facing alot of undead 😂. What if say someone else in the party did something against his oath? Would it still penalize him if he does nothing in response? Like for example, swindling/intimidating a lowly merchant to get a better price. I know previously, even if the pally didn't do it, but was around or found out about it, they would get penalized and need to repent unless they did something about it 😐). 
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Buddamoose
(it's all very situational, for me it's have to be pretty egregious)

Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@secularmerlin
@Earth
@TheDredPriateRoberts
(either way, this is doable. We can get away with me being a poor man's wizard/rogue. 

@Earth- I hope you went str>con>chr>dex for stat priorities? Ur mainly melee focused now as you will have limited spells, and chr is ur spellcasting modifier. Dragonborn being a good choice cause it gives +2 str and +1 chr. 

@Merlin- you are gonna be our perception guy for now, cause you will prob have the highest wisdom. However at Level 3 I can pick perception, insight, stealth, and double proficiency in two skills. So I can double proficiency in perception and persuasion. But we absolutely need someone skilled in perception, and absolutely need a rogue or a wizard, or a hybrid of the two. That hybrid is me I suppose as my class is kinda meant to do that 👌.

@Earth- being we're facing undead often it seems, have you considered instead of oath of ancients, going the oath that affords abilities geared against the undead? Like Oath of Devotion? 

@everyone- do ur classes afford the ability to pick additional skill proficiencies at a specific level, or is that just me? Cause we're gonna need to make tactcal choices in future proficiencies to shore up weak areas. With Earth going Paladin, we are assumedly severely lacking in the Wisdom proficiencies department 😐)

TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Buddamoose
As soon as you're done with your beauty sleep, let's press on. (ruffles his hair playfully)  100 years of sleep won't help certain people's beauty.....
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
Feels like I could rest for 100 years. Even if I did, by my estimation that would still leave me with 500+ years to go before I would be close to dying 😎. 

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Buddamoose
Especially since my knowledge domain gives me divination spells like identify.
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Buddamoose
Your going to have to be more careful if you expect to live that long.
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@secularmerlin
I don't think ducking is helpful to someone with such a stature......
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@secularmerlin
(precisely, between me and you we can sufficiently compensate for a lack of a wizard and a rogue 👌.)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
Oh, a short joke, how original. Remind me to slot you in as my opening act with your comedic genius 😏
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
(Good news is, w/pally+cleric I can forego learning healing spells cause pally has lay on hands, and cleric has numerous heals. 👌. So expect my spells to be taken up with stuff like faerie fire, invisibility, and the like.)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
I pop up to my feet...

Well it looks like we're all set. Let's carry on then

I stealthily dissapear into the shadows as I head toward the unexplored west room to the north of the [mimic] room, checking for traps as I go. 

(Seriously, we need level 3 so i can have stealth and perception proficiencies to back this up. Gonna keep saying it till it happens. On another note, I'm gonna have good fun with being the sneaky one in the party.A sneaky bard who always wants to be the center of attention in social gatherings, challenge accepted.)

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Buddamoose
Be careful I just put you back together! Hurrying to follow
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@secularmerlin
@Earth
(@Earth- if you went intimidation for one of your proficiencies, you tha real MVP cause that's the charisma proficiency I'm missing. A team of a smooth talking gnome(persuasion and deception) and a big ol beefcake of a dragonborn(intimidation) would be an OP pair for social interactions 👌👌)

I hear Eikka approaching from behind before even seeing her. The sound of the armor clanking reverberating through the basement. 

Slow down, I can remain hidden well enough right now and still move quickly. In that heavy armor moving that quick you're gonna be heard from a mile away 😐

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
@Buddamoose @Drafterman 

I slow down but I don't seem happy about it.
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
(if I'm not mistaken jack-of-all-trades(1/2 bonus to non-proficiencies[+2]) + my DEX bonus(+2) gives me a +4 on stealth and sleight-of-hand regardless. So even despite not having the proficiency technically, I'm rolling as if I do. So I can get away with not doubling proficiencies for DEX skills, or charisma for that matter. But a +8  [+10 w/+2 chr modifier?] persuasion is gonna be a hella good bonus that makes it highly unlikely persuasion fails. Throw in +8 to perception, and that should make for a decent rogue hybrid. 👌💯.

@Merlin- as you pointed out, you have the knowledge tree, so you can toss a spell or two here and there to stuff like detect magic, identify, etc? 

Just gonna say, this party fmpov got a lil more cohesive and made it alot more conclusive the choices Merlin and I should be making. This party set-up should do pretty well in and out of combat fmpov. It seems a little more complementary to one another then before imho.)

drafterman
drafterman
(Jack of all Trades is half your proficiency bonus, or +1)

The group "sneaks" its way into the remaining room on this level. This room contains a large wood-framed bed with a rotted feather mattress, a wardrobe and an open crate. At the foot of the bed is an wooden footlocker. In the bed is what appears to be two corpses - male and female - dressed in tattered black robes.

Map (updated):

Player Summaries:
Eikka - 17/17 HP - 16 AC - Channel Divinity: ⬤ | Relentless Endurance: ⬤ | Spell Slots: 1⬤⬤⬤
Grahf - 20/20 HP - 16 AC - Breath Weapon: ⬤ | Divine Sense: ⬤⬤⬤  | Lay on Hands: 10 | Spell Slots: 1⬤⬤
Roberts - 20/20 HP - 19 AC - Action Surge: ⬤  | Second Wind ⬤
Snerp - 13/13 HP - 13 AC - Bardic Inspiration: ⬤⬤ | Spell Slots: 1⬤⬤⬤