Quasi Dungeons and Dragons

Author: drafterman

Total: 4,160
Buddamoose
Debates: 4
Buddamoose
Why are those people in stocks? Especially children?
drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
Man: Oh, you know, the terrible, terrible crime of malicious unhappiness. Can't have anyone raining on the Baron's parade, now can we? Now, if you insist on keeping such a pristine opinion of the Baron, you can take solace in the fact that he uses that demonic monstrosity over there to do his dirty work.

But, then again, maybe this is normal where you come from.

He shrugs and begins to walk off.
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@drafterman
Snerp follows

I never said the Baron was a good dude. But if you intend on overthrowing him, how would the ensuing power vacuum be handled? It's not just as simple as taking care of the current leadership then everything is sunshine and puppy dogs hombre.

Plus, it sounds as if the baron might be going insane from the pressure and stress of the threat of Strahd? So there might be alternate measures than violence to stopping this. These are all things to consider before even acting in any sort of manner to put me or my companions in danger like that. 

If you want to discuss putting a stop to this, then let's do that. But i would hope ur farther along in how to do that than travelers who just got here yesterday 😂.
drafterman
drafterman
Man: You misunderstand me. I don't intend to do any such thing. I'm a nobody. My employer, however, has a vested interested in this town's well being. But you demonstrate astuteness. The Baron is going mad and the town cannot abide a power vacuum. But there need not be one. There are other lines of nobility in this town that can lay claim to its rulership.
TheDredPriateRoberts
Debates: 0
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Buddamoose
(since he doesn't intend to do anything, that doesn't mean he wouldn't aid those who would......maybe he can supply us with with things to give us a much needed edge.  Though we'd have to know more specifics, range and scope of what his/employer end goal is, if it's to rid the evil that would be great for us considering the vampires and hags, if it's just to gain power and control....eh better than nothing I suppose.  think he has ties to the church or knows about the bones?)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@drafterman
 There are other lines of nobility in this town that can lay claim to rulership in this town

Quite interesting that you skipped over the potential alternative measures to counteracting madness 😏.
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
(think I'll be meeting this person who he works for. But i dont think this is truly about doing what's right, it's a power grab. Local politics my dude.)
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Buddamoose
(can you detect lie, evil or anything like that?)

This card sheds light on one who will help you greatly in the battle against darkness.
drafterman
drafterman
Man stops and turns to face Snerp: Tell me about these alternatives that you have prepared and are ready to execute.
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@drafterman
I didn't say ready, but a calm mind spell has been known to do wonders for madness 👍.
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@drafterman
(Can I insight check to see what I can gauge of whether this person is being genuine?)
kindertina
kindertina
-->
@drafterman
Where? Who? When? What is Luraxt doing to warrant a perception check?
Being an observer that isn't caught up in the conversation. If there isn't anything interesting that's fine but I'm sort of scoping out. You asked what I'm doing that's it.

drafterman
drafterman
Man: Yes, as I thought, you have no plan. The wheels will turn with or without you. So if you want to place hope in made up magic, go ahead.

[Snerp Insight Check: d20 (20) + 2 = 22]

Snerp senses that the man is choosing his words very careful as to remain as truthful as possible without belying some ulterior motive. When Snerp revealed that he opposed Strahd, the tone and expression the man conveyed was one of disapproval. In the end, his words have the ring of being technically true, but grant a hint of maliciousness. He does believe the Baron is mad and needs to be replaced, but it's clear that the well being of the town is not his primary goal.
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@kindertina
(Right, we have two main groups. Roberts went to take the horses to the Vistani. Snerp is following around some random guy. Eikka is chilling back at the inn. Where is Luraxt and what is he doing?)
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Buddamoose
(wow that was huge, knowing what you do, he talks about other nobles to take his place......this is probably over our heads with all the things we still need to do, but that info might be useful to someone)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@drafterman
So if you want to place hope in made up magic, go ahead.

Made up magic you say?

Snerp pulls out his lute and starts playing it at a volume loud enough to mask him muttering, using it to focus a cast of minor illusion.

Would you like a demonstration? 

He smiles and winks and suddenly a brick wall seems to shoot up out of the ground between Snerp and the man, blocking him from view. 

Snerp next casts Suggestion before stepping through the wall, still smiling, addressing the man in a calm tone. 

You're gonna come back with me to my group and answer the questions I have. I promise you wont be hurt, but you will tell the truth.
drafterman
drafterman
The man's face betrays no emotion: Is this the "calm minds" spell you were talking about? I can feel the madness escaping already! /s
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
(lol i was thinking of calm emotions, misremembered the name, plus it's just be temporary. A Greater Restoration would do the trick too, but that's 5th level, so not till 9th or 10th. Long way off 😂.)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
(I'm not sure if Suggestion worked or it didn't lol.)

drafterman
drafterman
(It would seem not)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@drafterman
(can I use cutting words on the saving throw for suggestion?)
kindertina
kindertina
-->
@drafterman
I thought everyone except for Eikka and Snerp went to return the horses.
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@kindertina
(You and Earth have not stated who you were going with. Or I missed it if you did)
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Buddamoose
(Cutting words doesn't work on saving throws)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@drafterman
(Ah shit, yeah. Might as well try asking anyways.)

Who do you work for? 

kindertina
kindertina
-->
@drafterman
Sorry I thought I did but going back I don't think I did😢
drafterman
drafterman
Man: I am not at liberty to reveal that information myself. But I'm sure a gnome as clever as yourself can puzzle it out sooner or later.
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@drafterman
and what would you have me do if I decided to help?
drafterman
drafterman
Man: If you are interested in helping, I can arrange a meeting with my employer and we can discuss the details in a more discrete location.
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@drafterman
Sure, that's sounds amicable. I'll be back in town in the morning two days from now. The day of the festival. Does that work for a time?