@kindertina
(4 hours and 100gp, yes)
Buddamoose
Debates: 4
Buddamoose
-->
@secularmerlin
I have eldrich blast

(This is the big one cause now that we're level 5 our Eldritch blasts do 2d10 as a cantrip πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. We don't really need basic weapons cause EB is essentially both our best "basic" attacks. And by basic i mean an attack that doesn't cost anything like a spell slot.)
drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
(Let's get the game back on the road. Post some actions)
secularmerlin
Debates: 0
secularmerlin
-->
@Buddamoose
So our plan is to find your hirelings and see if they can track the coffin maker? Let's get on it.
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@secularmerlin
So our plan is to find your hirelings and see if they can track the coffin maker?

(It's to fetch the hirelings and go explore to get gold. Why track down the coffin maker? We know where his business/home is. If you want to interrogate the coffin maker go ahead and wait in town right at his shop for him to come back, he's bound to at some point just to gather his things πŸ˜‚. But we need gold to get our melees weapons that are silvered. Else all this will be for naught cause we'll get facerolled if even a few of the vamps wake up to fight.

3 hags each at CR5(1800 xp) wrecked us. One to two vamps full strength(not fledgelings) will faceroll us even harder each at CR13(10k xp).Β 

3 hags made it an adjusted xp modifier of 2x the 5400 total xp. So it was the equivalent of a 10,800 xp total fight. 2 vamps is 20k xp, multiplied by 1.5 for the adjusted modifier putting it at the equivalent of a 30k xp fight. That number continues to multiply if the realistic potential of having to fight more than just a couple happens.Β 

Keep in mind, the "xp modifier" is for balancing purposes. Its how you gauge the difficulty of encounters, outlined in the DmG. CR isnt really what's factored basically. At 5 level 5's a deadly encounter would constitute as a fight that is at around 10k+ modified exp.

Even at 5 the hags would still be a deadly encounter basically. 1-6 vamps would as well regardless of which specific number. We need to get weaps silvered, to even stand a snowballs chance in hell πŸ˜‚.)
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Buddamoose
Ok well let's go see about silver weapons

TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
(we still haven't check out the Vistini camp, I wonder if they could locate the coffin maker for us?)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
(Not a bad idea, we can return the horses there and ask around πŸ‘πŸ‘.)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@secularmerlin
(I'm not at home so I was working from my memory from when I was reading thru the core books. But I'm pretty confident im not off base with those estimates for gauging encounter difficulty. I'll look it up specifically once I'm home and can verify. πŸ‘)
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Buddamoose
Doesn't matter since I totally get the point.
Earth
Earth
(Lets hunt for wolves and explore for a bit.
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
(so what's the deal-e-o, doΒ  you pick up Mike and Ike and take them with us to the Vistini, do our thang there then head out to explore?)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
Kk, Snerp goes back to the tavern to fetch Sven-whatever-his-name-is, his buddy, and the horses, with the purpose of heading out to return the horses to the Vistani. Then go out to the lake to hunt for wolves/search for the mad mage.Β 

(Maybe haunted Mansion after? Theres also the abandoned town πŸ‘. We got about a day and a half or so, so plenty of time to explore them all including making camp to sleep.)

TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Buddamoose
Look for a Dusk Elf living among the Vistani. He has suffered a great loss and is haunted by dark dreams. Help him, and he will help you in return.

drafterman
drafterman
At this time of morning, the tavern is not very crowded, with only three patrons milling about, none of which are the hunters. Behind the bar Urwin smiles over at Snerp.

Urwin:Β Back so soon?

Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@drafterman
Yes I am, did the hunters leave already?
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
(ooooh, i forgot about that)
Earth
Earth
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
Lets go to that person.
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@drafterman
(curious, have you gotten Guildmaster Guide to Ravnica? Was contemplating getting it along with Xanathars and Volos coming up here soon, trying to figure out if it's worth it.)
drafterman
drafterman
Urinw furrows his brow and scratches his head.Β You told them to leave and return here at noon, Da?
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Buddamoose
(Naw. The Magic/DnD crossover really doesn't interest me)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@drafterman
Well, not exactly, but i can see how it came across that way. Oh well, suppose i'm fine waiting. You mind if i play outside in front of the tavern while I wait?Β 
drafterman
drafterman
Urwin shrugs.Β Go ahead.
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
(ok cool, have you played thru waterdeep:dragon heist and dungeon of the mad mage? If so, thoughts on quality? On par with this one? Was thinking of getting it to run for the group im dm'ing cause it seems pretty dope, or Tomb of Annihilation.

Or would it be wiser to run a campaign I've already played thru by that point, cause i crafted a custom campaign already for 1-10 that'll take a few months at one session every couple weeks to go thru, such as this one?)
drafterman
drafterman
(This is the only module I've actually gone through start to finish. It's much easier to DM for a campaign you've already gone through once)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@drafterman
Thank you, Snerp puts a couple gold coins on the table. You can keep the rest if you could bring drinks to me as I play. Not many, and I'll be right outside the door, so not too far to go anyways.

He then goes outside, lays out his backpack in front of him, slightly open to indicate it as a receptacle to throw coins into, and starts performing, taking pauses on occasion to drink some ale(enough to get buzzed, not drunk, make some jokes to whoever is watching, then returns to playing.Β 

("What's happens to a frogs cart if it's parked illegally? It gets towed(toad)"

"How do monsters like their eggs? Terri-fried"

"What do you call a knight that is afraid to fight? Sir Render"

"What kind of shorts do clouds wear? Thunderwear"

You get the point πŸ˜‚.Β  I'll chill the three hours performing till the hunters get back while the others can return the horses and find the drow πŸ‘πŸ‘.)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
Β while the others can return the horses and find the drow

Snerp points to Luxraxt as the group is going their separate ways.Β 

Hey guys look, I found him. πŸ˜‚

drafterman
drafterman
(What's everyone else doing?)
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@drafterman
(going to the camp, looking for the dark elf of the tarot reading)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
(I could use at least one other person with me for the horses. I think there were what, three or four? Plus just to be safe from getting robbed of em πŸ˜‚.)