-->
@secularmerlin
I guess we could sneak in.
Earth
Debates: 4
Earth
-->
@drafterman
Grahf goes to the church to see Lucien and relays what has been found at the shop.
Earth
Earth
-->
@drafterman
Can Vampires survive the vacuum of space?
drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
-->
@Earth
(The only mechanically issue with the vaccuum of space is the need to breathe, which Vampires don't)
Earth
Earth
-->
@drafterman
(Interesting)
TheDredPriateRoberts
Debates: 0
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Buddamoose
Snerp starts tuning his lute while he waits 
(you can tune a lute, but you can't tune-a-fish)

vacuum of space

(in the vacuum of space, no one can hear you scream)

(are we going to bring our hired wolf hunters?  We don't have to tell them what we know just that we are making a detour or some such lie Snerp can come up with ;)  )
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
(I suppose we could try, but something tells me they wont take us suckering them into fighting undead all too well. 😂)
drafterman
drafterman
Father Lucien is distressed by the news. He pleads with Grahf. Please don't tell the guards. If they knew there were vampires, that'd cause a disturbance. If Vargas found out I was the cause of such a disturbance, I'd be tossed in stocks for sure...

After a while in the Burgomaster's you hear a voice coming down the hall.

All will be well! All will be well my people! Rejoice and keep evil at bay!

A tall, lanky but lavishly dressed man steps into the foyer. I hear I have more acts for our festival! I am Baron Vargas Vallakovich. Who has the honor of meeting me?
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@drafterman
That would be me and my traveling companion, lord. 

Snerp bows

My name is Snerp, Bard and Adventurer extraodinaire, member of the Finkleskitzle clan, from Twilight Grove in the Feywild. It is a pleasure meeting you. My companion is Roberts, he's really good with swords 👏💯. 
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
Snerp nudges Roberts to send the hint he should be bowing.
Earth
Earth
-->
@drafterman
To Lucien: Then who can I ask for help? The shop is closed. If I break in, people will ask questions.
drafterman
drafterman
Lucien: I don't know, but I'm sure you will do what you must. The survival of this town depends on it.

----------

Vargas: Yes, yes, very good. And how might you be of service to our fine town, Sir... Finkleskitzle?
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@drafterman
Vargas: Yes, yes, very good. And how might you be of service to our fine town, Sir... Finkleskitzle?

How might I be of service? You're throwing a festival are you not? 

Snerp chuckles at his sarcasm and continues. 

Tales of your leadership and how you stand against the evil Strahd have been heard beyond Barovia. I came to visit the fabled Lord for myself 😋.

Being that I am a skilled musician, I figured I would offer my services performing in the festival, perhaps a concert? I of course came to request your permission to do as such, and perhaps secure a sanctioned spot for it. 

As well as to do a private performance as a gift for you and your court, as thanks for your brave leadership in keeping Vallaki safe.
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
(inb4- "roll another ass kissing check you big fat phony." 😂)
drafterman
drafterman
Vargas: Hmm. Yes. A vouchsafe from intrepid adventurers from beyond the mountains. That would do nicely. Of course I would have to have a sample of your talent.
Earth
Earth
-->
@drafterman
(Where is the entrance to the coffin shop on the map? Is it under the undead or not?)

Assuming the entrance is at the other end, I threaten Henrik that I'll inform the guards to let me in. Once in, I gag and tie Henrik. Also, assuming I can make stakes, I make 6, assuming we are dealing with Doru type vampires.
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@drafterman
vouchsafe

(What's this mean?)

But of course Lord Vargas, did you want me to perform now? I'm more than ready to hombre.
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@secularmerlin
@Earth
@TheDredPriateRoberts
@kindertina
(I'm like, pretty confident this guy is not a good guy hombres.)

Buddamoose
Buddamoose
A vouchsafe from intrepid adventurers from beyond the mountains. That would do nicely.

(No idea what vouchsafe means, but do nicely for what? Performing? But what does not being from Barovia have to do with that?)
Earth
Earth
-->
@Buddamoose
(Vargas?)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@drafterman
(can I do an insight or perception check on this guy? To see if i sense he's not a good dude? Im getting vibes, the vibey kind of vibes that are... vibey...)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@Earth
(yeah, Vargas. I got this no bueno feel from what he said last. As if what will "do nicely" has little to do with me performing in the festival.)
Earth
Earth
-->
@Buddamoose
( Well vouchsafe is apparently a word according to google, so lets just play around.)
drafterman
drafterman
Burgomaster Mansion

[Snerp Insight Check: d20 (20) + 2 = 22]

Snerp senses that the man is self-conscious to the point of desperation. The desire to have outside support of his festival seems like a way of legitimizing it. That is, if some stranger has traveled from outside the valley just to perform here, then the festival must be important.

Vargas, impatiently: Yes, yes, play now!

Coffin Maker House

Even at the threat of bringing the guards, the man inside refuses to open up. Go away! I've done nothing wrong!

(There are two entrances to the coffin shop. One to the top right, the other to the bottom left.)
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
(Are we looking for the bones,  or going to?   How will we know if we find them? )
Earth
Earth
Assuming I am in the south entrance, break in and ask about the bones.
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@drafterman
Have I arrived at the burgomaster's yet?
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
Vargas, impatiently: Yes, yes, play now!

Very well then, I couldn't help but overhear you say those in your court desire a performance as well. And of course, I'm not one to refuse such a desire. So shall I perform in your court for them as well?

After all there are visual elements to my performances that add to the enjoyment. For example...

Snerp snaps his fingers and a visual copy of himself appears next to him(minor illusion.) He snaps his fingers again, and the copy dissapears. 
Earth
Earth
-->
@Buddamoose
(Can you ask him if he knows about the tarot cards and their clues, esp. the amber doors? Thats probably a real thing and not, say, the doors to a beer factory.)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@Earth
(ehhhh, I don't trust this guy, I'd personally rather not divulge priviledged and inside info like that and otherwise tip off that we didn't come here for the festival. 

I'm actually pretty concerned about Ireena. If the Burgomaster really wants to protect and secure Vallaki, turning over Ireena would prolly accomplish that. I'm not gonna bring up Ireena to him at all cause of that.

If he brings her up in the course of me ingratiating myself and getting close, all the better. My suggestion would be, while I work my way into his good graces, somebody else ask around with the servants about Ireena. But I think belying we know Ireena might backfire, and ive got a vibe we're gonna have to break her out of here.)