I find it funny that how you pronounce Kamala's name has become a sign of political alignment

Author: Moozer325

Hot
Total: 33
Moozer325
Debates: 18
Moozer325
-->
@RemyBrown
Well yeah, it does matter because she has a specific way she wants it to be pronounced, and if you are pronouncing it wrong just to prove a point, then you’re just being a jerk. 
ILikePie5
Debates: 3
ILikePie5
-->
@Moozer325
Well yeah, it does matter because she has a specific way she wants it to be pronounced, and if you are pronouncing it wrong just to prove a point, then you’re just being a jerk. 
I’m telling you. Even the way she pronounces it is wrong. It’s white washed. I’m literally brown and Kamala is my mom’s aunt’s name
Moozer325
Debates: 18
Moozer325
-->
@ILikePie5
Well it doesn’t matter if she pronounces it different than most people, she gets to decide how she wants it pronounced, so if you’re saying it different when talking about her specifically, then it’s wrong.

My brother has a similar situation. His name is Norwegian, and technically it’s pronounced much different than how it’s spelled, and it’s a girls name. However he just says it how it’s spelled, so it’s technically incorrect. He still prefers it to technically pronounced “wrong”.

Point is, the person with the name gets to decide, and Kamala says it’s Kah-muh-la, so that’s what it is. Anyone pronouncing it differently (on purpose or on accident) technically has it wrong.