I've decided to come out as Marxist

Author: RemyBrown

Total: 35
WyIted
Debates: 29
WyIted
-->
@RemyBrown
Why?  Scandinavia has really high taxes and they have a higher amount of economic freedom?
The economic freedom index uses about 20 different markers

But then their economic freedom would drop to be more like ours.
They aren't that far above us but no they would rise even further in the economic index by dropping those policies.

Now, what I would do is common sense: Cite life expectancy of the countries with UHC vs the ones without it (assuming they are all 1st world).  Let me know what you get.

Life expectancy won't be a biased measure I think.

that article actually provides a case and I already explained in a debate why life expectancy is a bad marker. Life expectancy is more strongly correlated with lifestyle choices. Those on a Stadard american diet do worse than people on plant based diets. For medicine you would need to look at things like survival rates for emergency situations.
RemyBrown
Debates: 0
RemyBrown
-->
@WyIted
 Life expectancy is more strongly correlated with lifestyle choices. Those on a Stadard american diet do worse than people on plant based diets. 

Thanks for continuing the script.

Me: The vast majority of Americans and Europeans eat meat.

But if you make this claim, then do you believe being plant based is good?
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@RemyBrown
So plant based has been hijacked by vegans but in the scientific literature and looking at the longest lived societies they have described places I'm the blue zone as plant based despite the societies in those zones eating some amount of meat. For example in Okinawa, before it became americanized the people had a lot of fish in their diet.

In Ikaria Greece lamb is had with a lot of meals. 

When we look at societies with heavier meat consumption than life expectancy drops but most of that  you can attribute to the amount t of processed foods eaten though. 

Americans eat a lot of processed foods but if you look at studies on 7th day Adventist who are vegetarian but still consume dairy and occasionally fish, you'll see they have life expectancies similar to blue zone areas
WyIted
WyIted
Yes I think plant based is good but the life expectancy of vegans is similar to those on the SAD so don't take it too far. 

I spend a lot of time looking at studies on life expectancy and staying on the bleeding edge due to my interests in radical life extension
RemyBrown
Debates: 0
RemyBrown
I'm the blue zone
Define the blue zone.

you can attribute to the amount t of processed foods eaten though. 
But I would imagine European food is often about as processed as American food.  Maybe 20% less, but if a European wants to eat a hamburger, then they will eat a hamburger.