Mayday Mafia DP1

Author: AustinL0926

Read-only
Total: 510
AustinL0926
Debates: 33
AustinL0926
Welcome to Mayday Mafia! We hope you have a safe flight.

Rules:

1. Do not copy-paste your role PM or pretend to do so.
2. Do not edit or delete posts.
3. Do not communicate outside of the thread or approved chats (cryptography counts).
4. Respect the site rules. Some banter is fine, but don't derail things with personal attacks.
5. Follow the spirit of the rules and the game.
6. Don't speculate on the timings or structure of the PMs.

Basic Setup Info:

1. The setup is role madness  - there are no VTs.
2. Some roles are standardized, some aren't.
3. Majority voting is in effect.
4. 72 hour DP, 24 hour NP.
5. Setup is standard 2v7.
6. This *should* be balanced. I reviewed it with a friend who's an experienced designer.

Important Setup Info:

1. There is a themesplit. Mafia have not been given fakeclaims, but they will be given two chances to ask if a plane accident is already in the game.
2. Each player's role has two parts - a regular role, and a legacy role. The legacy role will activate on death if and only if that player has met an activity requirement - 25 posts in the previous day phase.
3. There is at least one role in the game which may lead to false investigative results.
4. There is at least one role in the game which may lead to false or missing role flips.
5. At the end of each day, I will ask an investigative question about what happened (e.g. "how many scum players were on the wagon?"). Each player will publicly submit an answer. Based on the success rate of the answers, I will give pre-determined information about the setup.

Questions?

I will not answer questions about roles other than your own, or flipped ones.

I will only answer questions via PM.

Living Players:

1. Casey
2. whiteflame
3. Pie
4. Owen
5. Banana
6. Earth
7. Cerulean
8. Moozer
9. Luna

Deadline:

The DP ends 72 hours from the first player post in the thread.

AustinL0926
AustinL0926
-->
@whiteflame
@ILikePie5
@Casey_Risk
@Owen_T
@iamanabanana
"Mayday, mayday, mayday, Helios Airways flight 522 Athens."

"Is anyone there..?"

"Mayday..."  

"Mayday..."  

OVERSPEED. 

BANK ANGLE.  

OVERSPEED.  

BANK ANGLE.  

TERRAIN, TERRAIN, PULL UP!

*END OF RECORDING*   

AustinL0926
AustinL0926
-->
@Earth
@Lunatic
@Moozer325
@Cerulean

Ma I love you. - Last words of the first officer of Pacific Southwest Airlines Flight 182

whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@AustinL0926
Alright, back in this. Not terribly familiar with the theme, but I've heard of the major incidents, most (if not all) of which I suspect are in this game.

Also, Austin, this little addition is an inspired choice:

"2. Each player's role has two parts - a regular role, and a legacy role. The legacy role will activate on death if and only if that player has met an activity requirement - 25 posts in the previous day phase."

Everyone should be aware of this and try to post at least this much, which will also improve activity in the DP. It should be noted that Mafia might also have a legacy role, though that certainly won't prevent a lynch. I can at least say that my legacy role would not activate on a lynch.
Earth
Debates: 4
Earth
I am Uberlingen Disaster and I am the Miller. Due to a number of factors including an ATC who made a poor decision, there was a midair crash. A few years after the crash, the ATC was tracked down and killed by a relative of some of the victims despite the fact that there were other causes besides the ATC.
Casey_Risk
Debates: 3
Casey_Risk
-->
@Cerulean
Earth is town for that immediate Miller claim. 

I'm working overtime tonight, so I'll be inactive until tomorrow, but for now... 

VTL Cerulean 

Good to see you again! It's nice to have another experienced player I enjoyed playing with you in Villainous Villains and am glad to see you've returned for another game. 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@AustinL0926
5. At the end of each day, I will ask an investigative question about what happened (e.g. "how many scum players were on the wagon?"). Each player will publicly submit an answer. Based on the success rate of the answers, I will give pre-determined information about the setup.
Can you explain this more?
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Earth
I am Uberlingen Disaster and I am the Miller. Due to a number of factors including an ATC who made a poor decision, there was a midair crash. A few years after the crash, the ATC was tracked down and killed by a relative of some of the victims despite the fact that there were other causes besides the ATC.
Interesting. The early Miller claim makes sense, and the justification seems to fit. Not an incident I'm familiar with.

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Casey_Risk
Earth is town for that immediate Miller claim. 
I’m not dealing with a Miller late game. Been there done that. My policy is the same. We find a better lynch or we policy the Miller.

I'm working overtime tonight, so I'll be inactive until tomorrow, but for now... 

VTL Cerulean 

Good to see you again! It's nice to have another experienced player I enjoyed playing with you in Villainous Villains and am glad to see you've returned for another game. 

whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@iamanabanana
I'd like to echo the sentiments you got from others after last game that I thought you did a good job, especially for your first time out. There's a bit more going on in this one, so I'd definitely read through that "Important Setup info" portion of the OP, some of which may be essential to remember going forward.
Casey_Risk
Casey_Risk
-->
@whiteflame
Not an incident I'm familiar with.
Actually, I skimmed through Earth's post at first because I don't have much time on my break, but I think I heard about that case on an episode of a podcast called Cautionary Tales. I ended up feeling really bad for the guy by the end. 
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@ILikePie5
I’m not dealing with a Miller late game. Been there done that. My policy is the same. We find a better lynch or we policy the Miller.
Fair enough. It's a better choice than just lynching someone for inactivity or no lynching, which unfortunately have been typifying recent games.

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Earth
Why have you not full claimed?
Earth
Earth
-->
@ILikePie5
If you are referring to my legacy role, I prefer not to claim it yet.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Earth
If you are referring to my legacy role, I prefer not to claim it yet.
So what was the point of claiming to begin with?
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Owen_T
VTL OWEN
Owen_T
Debates: 28
Owen_T
Hi everyone

Is there something we should claim to keep activity rolling? 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Owen_T
Post your thoughts so far. Don’t say you have none. Say something.
Owen_T
Debates: 28
Owen_T
-->
@ILikePie5
That's a little hard considering that we haven't made it to two pages but I guess I have a slight town read on Earth 
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
-->
@ILikePie5
Can you explain this more?
For future notice, I'll only answer questions via PM to avoid mod angleshooting.

I can't give further info about this at the time.

Earth
Earth
-->
@ILikePie5
I'm not sure what you are asking 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Owen_T
That's a little hard considering that we haven't made it to two pages but I guess I have a slight town read on Earth 
Good, that’s something

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Moozer325
Unvote

VTL Moozer
Lunatic
Lunatic
My PM confirms to me that mafia has some sort of Role obscuring or changing ability. This could be a anything from a full on tailor to a janitor based on the wording. All I know is I won't be fully trusting death flips. 
iamanabanana
Debates: 1
iamanabanana
-->
@whiteflame
I'd like to echo the sentiments you got from others after last game that I thought you did a good job, especially for your first time out. There's a bit more going on in this one, so I'd definitely read through that "Important Setup info" portion of the OP, some of which may be essential to remember going forward.
Thanks for that.

By the way, in this game I have been assured by the moderator that I am town, but I am confused, because according to earth Guide to Forum Mafia, my role is under Mafia Roles, but the moderator assures me I am town. So I just am giving a heads up this time around.
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
Vote count 1.1:

Cerulean (1/5): Casey
Moozer (1/5): Pie

Six months into the investigation, the NTSB's chairman, Jim Hall, was quoted as saying, "All three theories—a bomb, a missile, or mechanical failure—remain." ...The probable cause of the explosion of TWA Flight 800 was ultimately ruled to be faulty wiring that ignited residual fuel vapors in the wing fuel tanks, causing a catastrophic in-flight breakup.

Lunatic
Lunatic
4. There is at least one role in the game which may lead to false or missing role flips.
Huh looks like the OP does too
Cerulean
Debates: 0
Cerulean
Good morning, all. Miss me?

Cerulean
Debates: 0
Cerulean
My PM confirms to me that mafia has some sort of Role obscuring or changing ability. This could be a anything from a full on tailor to a janitor based on the wording. All I know is I won't be fully trusting death flips. 
And this time, since we're aware of it and thinking about it, we're not going to fall for any neon blinking signs saying "YOU SHOULD LYNCH THIS PERSON" in any flips, yes?
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@iamanabanana
By the way, in this game I have been assured by the moderator that I am town, but I am confused, because according to earth Guide to Forum Mafia, my role is under Mafia Roles, but the moderator assures me I am town. So I just am giving a heads up this time around.
Alright, this gives me a light townread on you since I don't think you'd announce this if you were scum. Long story short: I wouldn't be terribly surprised if some people have a pretty scummy role as town. Just note, if your role has negative town utility (e.g. Earth's role as Miller), then there may be a case for you claiming this DP.