Author: YouFound_Lxam

Total: 113
YouFound_Lxam
Debates: 32
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Best.Korea
It doesn't matter where it leads. It is the truth that morality is always subjective and depends upon an opinion.
Is that objectively true?
My opinion on rape does not make my opinion objective. Also, many rapists think rape is morally justified.
So, yes or no?

Barney
Debates: 53
Barney
Seems weird that so many are “pro-life” without first being pro quality of life.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Barney
I don't believe the quality of life determines value, when it comes to human beings. Otherwise, you could justifiably defend genocide. You become Hitler. 
Best.Korea
Debates: 332
Best.Korea
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Is that objectively true?
Probably. So far no one has shown me morality which exists independent of mind. God doesnt change that.

So, yes or no?
I believe rape is always wrong. But thats irrelevant, since it doesnt make my opinion objective at all.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Barney
Seems weird that so many are “pro-life” without first being pro quality of life
They cant be pro quality of life, since quality of life is pro choice. They defend "quantity>quality".
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
I don't believe the quality of life determines value, when it comes to human beings. Otherwise, you could justifiably defend genocide. You become Hitler
Unborn people arent equal to born people. Most people are completely okay with aborting fetuses that are defective.

Unborn, by being unborn, never sentient and never feeling pain, are less valuable than born people by comparison.

By development, unborn people are less worthy than born people, many closer to being sperm than being born.

It is your position that suffers from consistency problem, because you must logically deny rape victims of abortion.
sadolite
Debates: 0
sadolite
-->
@Sidewalker
Jesus Christ,   TDS  Trump lives in your head rent free 24/7/365.  I cant imagine being so obsessed with anyone especially someone who has no or will never have an affect on your life. You are on your fucking own, you still aint figured that out yet. Aint no one coming to save you or this country. 
Sidewalker
Debates: 8
Sidewalker
-->
@sadolite
Jesus Christ,   TDS  Trump lives in your head rent free 24/7/365.  I cant imagine being so obsessed with anyone especially someone who has no or will never have an affect on your life.
Oh pulease, if we don't stop him, he will have a HUGE effect on all our lives.

You are on your fucking own, you still aint figured that out yet. Aint no one coming to save you or this country. 
Thomas Matthew Crooks came to save the country, and there will be others.
sadolite
sadolite
"Oh pulease, if we don't stop him, he will have a HUGE effect on all our lives." Give a single example how my life will change as the average American taxpayer regardless of who is elected. There is not one fucking thing Trump or Harris could do that would benefit me in any way, other than to do absolutely nothing and leave me the fuck alone and take their promises of help and shove it up their asses.

"Thomas Matthew Crooks came to save the country," Well he fucking failed. We live in a fucking bankrupt clown show in debt up to our eye balls. And  what does govt focus on, peoples genitals and how they want to pleasure them.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Best.Korea
Probably. So far no one has shown me morality which exists independent of mind. God doesnt change that.
Ok good. 

So, you concede that in order for morality to exist, then a mind has to exist.

If morality is subjective than that means it is determined by you and me, which would in turn mean nothing is truly good or bad. It's all just a matter of opinion. Evil wouldn't exist. 

But if morality is objective, meaning that some things are ultimately objectively wrong or evil, then there has to be a mind that is above all our minds to determine that. 

I believe rape is always wrong. But thats irrelevant, since it doesnt make my opinion objective at all.
So, you're admitting that objectively, rape could be an ok, or even good thing? 

Unborn people arent equal to born people.
How so? What determines value?

Most people are completely okay with aborting fetuses that are defective.
Does quality of life determine value?

Unborn, by being unborn, never sentient and never feeling pain, are less valuable than born people by comparison.
They can.

But even if you were right, does "feeling pain" determine value?
In that case we should just stab people with CIP, right?

By development, unborn people are less worthy than born people, many closer to being sperm than being born.
I'm closer to being sperm than being old. Should I be killed? I don't think that the distance you are from your origins determines your value.

Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
if morality is objective, meaning that some things are ultimately objectively wrong or evil, then there has to be a mind that is above all our minds to determine that. 
No, morality is not independent of mind even if some minds are greater than others. Its still mind.

So, you're admitting that objectively, rape could be an ok, or even good thing? 
Objectively, no action is good or bad. Its the mind which gives value to actions. Otherwise, no value exists.

Does quality of life determine value?
It plays a part in determining value. People prefer shorter lives in happiness, freedom than longer lives in pain.

But even if you were right, does "feeling pain" determine value?
It adds negative value. Its the anti-goal, something which makes life worse and what people want to remove.

In that case we should just stab people with CIP, right?
Many countries have legal euthanasia for people who suffer great pain. Pain is one of the things that matter.

I'm closer to being sperm than being old
Being old isnt the goal. The goal is happy and free person. Fetus is much closer to sperm than you.

Fetus in first weeks is much closer to sperm than to being born individual. Value closer to sperm.

I don't think that the distance you are from your origins determines your value.
The distance from origin to goal indeed adds value. If goal is free, happy, productive individual - fetus isnt closer.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
"Many in the medical community believe there’s clear evidence that a fetus – a developing baby in the womb – can’t feel physical pain until after the 24th week"

Most abortions happen almost as soon as unwanted pregnancy is detected, before 24th week, before fetus feels pain.

However, as explained before, your position would force rape victims to give birth, thus further violating their body.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
I am not trying to say that your moral standard is wrong. Just most people disagree with you.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Best.Korea
No, morality is not independent of mind even if some minds are greater than others. Its still mind.
If it is objective for us, then a greater mind must have created that standard. Thats what I'm saying. I agree yes. 

Objectively, no action is good or bad. Its the mind which gives value to actions. Otherwise, no value exists.
So, if a man came up to you and said, I believe rape is beautiful, then would he be wrong? 
No, he wouldn't. He wouldn't be right either. It would just be his opinion.

And if we applied this idea to law, then you couldn't actually punish him for raping someone, because its technically not wrong.

It plays a part in determining value. People prefer shorter lives in happiness, freedom than longer lives in pain.
I don't believe the down syndrome child has any less right to life than a healthy child does. 
Nor does the child with cancer. 

It adds negative value. Its the anti-goal, something which makes life worse and what people want to remove.
So yes or no?

Many countries have legal euthanasia for people who suffer great pain. Pain is one of the things that matter.
You didn't answer my question. Should we be able to legally stab people with CIP?

Being old isnt the goal. The goal is happy and free person. Fetus is much closer to sperm than you.
Where is the line?

Is being happy and a free person an objective value, or only your opinion on what the goal should be?

The distance from origin to goal indeed adds value. If goal is free, happy, productive individual - fetus isnt closer.
 Children are not free, some are not happy, and most aren't productive. Should we kill them?

"Many in the medical community believe there’s clear evidence that a fetus – a developing baby in the womb – can’t feel physical pain until after the 24th week"
24 weeks is still before birth. It's still a fetus right?

Most abortions happen almost as soon as unwanted pregnancy is detected, before 24th week, before fetus feels pain.
I'm not talking about most abortions; I'm talking about what you are arguing. 

However, as explained before, your position would force rape victims to give birth, thus further violating their body.
The only one who would be forcing it would be the rapist. And rapists should be castrated or killed. 

Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
If it is objective for us, then a greater mind must have created that standard
Size of mind does not make product of the mind objective. Product of the mind is still dependent on mind.

So, if a man came up to you and said, I believe rape is beautiful, then would he be wrong? 
No, he wouldn't. He wouldn't be right either. It would just be his opinion.

And if we applied this idea to law, then you couldn't actually punish him for raping someone, because its technically not wrong.
You can punish people even if their actions arent objectively wrong. They are wrong according to our standard.

I don't believe the down syndrome child has any less right to life than a healthy child does. 
Nor does the child with cancer. 
I would rather produce healthy child than child with down syndrome. I myself would also rather be healthy.

So yes or no?
Pain isnt the only thing which determines value of life. So its neither yes neither no to your question.

You didn't answer my question. Should we be able to legally stab people with CIP?
My argument wasnt that we kill people who dont feel pain, but that reducing pain is usually good.

Where is the line?
The line is defined by my position in this debate. Fetus under 24 weeks can be aborted. Its simple.

Is being happy and a free person an objective value, or only your opinion on what the goal should be?
Its the goal of most people. I said this before, there are no objective values. Value is in mind.

Children are not free, some are not happy, and most aren't productive. Should we kill them?
All children are closer to that goal than 24 weeks fetus, but banning abortion lowers quality of life.

Children should be free as much as possible obviously. They should also be happy. This is all obvious.

What you are suggesting wouldnt produce more quality life, and it would even reduce number of quality lives.

24 weeks is still before birth. It's still a fetus right?
Yes. What is your point here? I dont really feel happy respoonding to pointless questions. Whats your point?

I'm not talking about most abortions; I'm talking about what you are arguing
My position is that abortion before 24th week are okay, and the ones before week 12 are morally better.

The only one who would be forcing it would be the rapist. And rapists should be castrated or killed. 
Your action of banning abortion forces victim who would otherwise have abortion, to give birth. This is clear.
Mall
Debates: 379
Mall
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
You stand for pro life. Does this include being against other contraceptives besides abortion?
Mall
Mall
-->
@Barney
"Seems weird that so many are “pro-life” without first being pro quality of life."

Certainly paradoxical. What about other preventative methods that end with -ectomy? 
Mall
Mall
-->
@zedvictor4
"So I doubt that many anti-abortionists are absolutely pro-life."

It stands to reason that many at first glance are opposed to abortion but haven't given much thought to being opposed to any other preventative measure.
Mall
Mall
Do the circumstances of rape and life threatening matters equate to each other to justify abortion both the same way?
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Mall
Does this include being against other contraceptives besides abortion?
You are consistent enough to know that pro life position bans anything which reduces life. Many are unaware.
Amber
Amber
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
@WyIted
Most Democrats don’t state this out loud but it is their strategy for reducing the crime rate. What's wrong with that?
I'm going to assume that this is sarcastically rhetorical, but in the case that it's not, genocide is wrong.
Do you know what a misnomer is? 
Your use of "genocide" where abortion is concerned = a misnomer. 

There is fact-based truth to what Wylted suggested. Abortion has had an impact on reducing crime nationwide.

Amber
Amber
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
There is a difference between abortion being morally justified and legal abortion. Abortion can be morally wrong, but legal.
Yes. Just like the extermination of Jews, by the Nazis was technically "legal" in that area at that time. 
I don't believe that society determines right or wrong, so yes you are right, but I am talking about morals.
There was nothing "legal" about the extermination of the Jews. It was a military occupation and eradication of groups of people the tyrant dictator didn't like. There was no one to stop him until the US and Russia got involved. 

Also, what happened in Germany in WWII has absolutely no comparative value to the abortion topic. 

This is because abortion being illegal can cause even more harm, even if abortion itself is morally wrong.
I think preventing the slaughter of millions of children annually would prevent harm, not create more. 
There you go again with the use of a misnomer. A pregnancy is not a child. 
According to various data sources like the Guttmacher Institute and CDC, before RvW was invalidated, less than 1.2% of all abortions performed in any given year happen when the fetus is viable. Very few and for very rare but specific reasons. Life of the female or the fetus won't live or be severely deformed (e.g., trisomy 18, etc.)

There are also different cases where abortion is more or less morally justified, like defects, late term abortions...
I believe abortion by definition, (human abortion) is morally wrong. 
Yet forcing a female to be your personal incubator to satisfy your feelings of morality is less morally wrong????

Because by definition, it is the termination of a living human organism.
And? Every cell within the human organism meets the same basic biological criteria for life as the zygote, blastocyst, etc. Same for gametes too. Skin cells too, and each time you go out in the sun and get burned, you're terminating a living human cell(s). 

Now obviously there are cases where killing humas is justified, like self-defense. I believe that is the only time it is justified to kill another human. 
And abortion is not self-defense. 
Again, with the false comparisons. 
Two living human beings duking it out for survival =/= abortion.
And if the pregnancy is a risk to the life of the female, it is self-defense and survival of the fittest to terminate the pregnancy. She can always try again. 

Lives lived in pain and non-liberty have lower quality value compared to lives lived in liberty and non-pain.
I fundamentally disagree. 
This is so nonsensical. 

When calculating saving lives, life of a doctor becomes more important than life of criminal, disabled or low ability.
I again, fundamentally disagree. 
And I disagree with you, as there is some truth (and I hate to agree with it because of who said it) to it. 

Life of a healthy fetus at 8 months is more valuable than life of defective fetus at 3 months.
Thats a dangerous way to determine value. 
Really? A defective fetus at 3 months with the high probability of killing the pregnant female is a dangerous way to determine the value of the pregnancy???

Amber
Amber
-->
@sadolite
When discussing  a pro abortion position you have to clarify which position you are arguing from. Are you arguing from the stand point of when life begins or human when  rights begin. Science clearly states life begins at conception this is indisputable. Well you can dispute it but you would be arguing all of science is wrong and only you are right.   So that only leaves the arbitrary opinion of when human rights begin. Pick your arbitrary time from conception to time of birth as to when individual human rights begin. That's the abortion debate.
Human rights begin at birth.

14th Amendment.
1 USC 8

The more you know...
Amber
Amber
-->
@Barney
Seems weird that so many are “pro-life” without first being pro quality of life.
Exactly! The pro-life movement wants females to be society's incubators and force them to birth an unwanted child, then once birthed, they go deathly silent. They want zero responsibility in raising that kid the female didn't want, and when the kid turns into a public charge, they bitch about bad parenting.

YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Best.Korea
Size of mind does not make product of the mind objective. Product of the mind is still dependent on mind.
I never said it was size. I said a greater mind. A mind that determines morality for all of us would have to be greater.

You can punish people even if their actions arent objectively wrong. They are wrong according to our standard.
Ok. So, society determines morality then? 
If the Nazi's were in charge, would it be morally good do help hunt down Jews? 

I would rather produce healthy child than child with down syndrome. I myself would also rather be healthy.
As would I. Doesn't mean you get to disregard the people with those illnesses and throw them away. 

The line is defined by my position in this debate. Fetus under 24 weeks can be aborted. Its simple.
Ok good. And is there a reason or reasons for that or just that it can't feel pain. 

Its the goal of most people. I said this before, there are no objective values. Value is in mind.
Are there objective truths?

All children are closer to that goal than 24 weeks fetus, but banning abortion lowers quality of life.

Children should be free as much as possible obviously. They should also be happy. This is all obvious.

What you are suggesting wouldnt produce more quality life, and it would even reduce number of quality lives.
So, your value in humans is their quality in life. How do you know someone suffering might rise out of it? 
How do you know someone successful might fall?

Is that really the way you want to determine worth and value?

Your action of banning abortion forces victim who would otherwise have abortion, to give birth. This is clear.
No, the purpose of banning abortion is to prevent the murder of children. If someone was raped, the only one forcing them to give birth would be the rapist. 
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Mall
You stand for pro life. Does this include being against other contraceptives besides abortion?
If it terminates the life after conception, then yes, I am against it. 
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Amber
There was nothing "legal" about the extermination of the Jews. It was a military occupation and eradication of groups of people the tyrant dictator didn't like. There was no one to stop him until the US and Russia got involved. 
In Germany in WWII, Nazi's were leading politically. That means they could establish laws in Germany. Since it was permitted for Nazis to kill Jews, by Germany's standards it was legal. 

Also, what happened in Germany in WWII has absolutely no comparative value to the abortion topic. 
Apparently, it does, because that's how far our conversation got. 

There you go again with the use of a misnomer. A pregnancy is not a child. 
Is it a fetus? 

If so, what does the word fetus mean?
Fetus: Offspring

What is it the offspring of? A human.

So, a fetus is just human offspring. What else is human offspring?
Children. 

According to various data sources like the Guttmacher Institute and CDC, before RvW was invalidated, less than 1.2% of all abortions performed in any given year happen when the fetus is viable.
Cool. Your point is?

Yet forcing a female to be your personal incubator to satisfy your feelings of morality is less morally wrong????
Unless it's a case of rape, no one is forcing the woman to be an incubator of a human life. 
And in a case of rape, it's not me forcing them, it's the rapist. And like I said rapists should be castrated and killed. 

And? Every cell within the human organism meets the same basic biological criteria for life as the zygote, blastocyst, etc. Same for gametes too. Skin cells too, and each time you go out in the sun and get burned, you're terminating a living human cell(s). 
Does my skin cell have the potential for growing into a child? 
Yeah, they are not the same at all. 

And if the pregnancy is a risk to the life of the female, it is self-defense and survival of the fittest to terminate the pregnancy. She can always try again. 
Glad you brought this up. Do you know there is literally a 0.005 percent chance that an abortion will ever be necessary to save the mother. There is only one case where it is absolutely necessary. And in those cases, I think we can make exceptions obviously. 

Really? A defective fetus at 3 months with the high probability of killing the pregnant female is a dangerous way to determine the value of the pregnancy???
Yes, a defective child at 3 months old with the high probability of killing the mother is a dangerous way to determine the value of the human being. 
badger
badger
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Are you pro contraceptives? 
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
I never said it was size. I said a greater mind. A mind that determines morality for all of us would have to be greater.
It would still be the product of the mind, no matter how great the mind is. So still subjective value thing.

Ok. So, society determines morality then? 
If the Nazi's were in charge, would it be morally good do help hunt down Jews?
Society determines which morality is most popular and most valuable to most people. Needs of the many vs few.

You cannot logically explain why goals of few outweigh goals of many. Simple math about what weighs more.

Sure, I do often disagree with majority, but per principle of equality, they do outweigh me by far.

Besides, you are debating to convince people, and so far majority remains not convinced. Most support abortion now.

As would I. Doesn't mean you get to disregard the people with those illnesses and throw them away
So a dichotomy choice between healthy person and severely ill person makes it obvious who you should produce, no?

Ok good. And is there a reason or reasons for that or just that it can't feel pain.
Reducing pain of born people, improving quality of life of born people, reducing death rates of born people...

Are there objective truths?
Thats irrelevant to this debate, but there are observable truths, which are closest to objective truth there is.

So, your value in humans is their quality in life. How do you know someone suffering might rise out of it? 
How do you know someone successful might fall?
Is that really the way you want to determine worth and value?
We know by tautology that women have more liberty if they have a choice to have abortion or not.

We also know by statistics of death rates, liberty, life expectancy and many other, that legal abortion benefits.

No, the purpose of banning abortion is to prevent the murder of children.
That goal is not really achieved. It just makes most of those women have unsafe abortions instead safe.

If someone was raped, the only one forcing them to give birth would be the rapist.
You would be forcing women to give birth by denying them of abortion. Its not "you or rapist".
Mall
Mall
-->
@Best.Korea
Depends on who you ask. Many are just against aborting babies. See, pro choice advocates have a different line drawn on the value of life. Pro life advocates are the same. One draws a line at a fully developed unborn baby, another at the stage of a fetus, another at the stage of a zygote, conception and others at the life, health and quality of spermatozoa, ovum which is focused on the life , health, quality of people as a whole which is full circle. You can't go beyond that line as it's a 360 degree course.