Abortion

Author: YouFound_Lxam

Total: 113
YouFound_Lxam
Debates: 32
YouFound_Lxam
I'm back after a long vacation from DebateArt. 

And for those of you who do know me, some of my views on the world, or arguments for them have changed. 
So, I'm here for open minded dialogue and hopefully we all can learn something from each other. 

I still stand for pro-life. If anyone would like to discuss, I am open to it. 

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Living organisms have an inbuilt tendency to be pro-life.

And then for thinking man, there are a 101 other things to consider.

Which allows for thinking man to also be pro-choice.

And also allows them to be selectively moral.

So I doubt that many anti-abortionists are absolutely pro-life.

And similarly,  I doubt that many pro-abortionists are absolutely pro-choice.

Such is the human ability to make more complex and variable decisions.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@zedvictor4
So I doubt that many anti-abortionists are absolutely pro-life.
Well, I'm not just anti-abortionist. I am pro-life. 
I mean that in the context of abortion and preserving human life. 
WyIted
Debates: 27
WyIted
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
The pro life movement mostly saves black babies. Considering that blacks are 13% of the population but commit 50% of the crimes. Why not reduce the rate of crime and may I add degeneracy by supporting the pro choice movement?

Most Democrats don’t state this out loud but it is their strategy for reducing the crime rate. What's wrong with that?
Best.Korea
Debates: 332
Best.Korea
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
There is a difference between abortion being morally justified and legal abortion. Abortion can be morally wrong, but legal.

This is because abortion being illegal can cause even more harm, even if abortion itself is morally wrong.

There are also different cases where abortion is more or less morally justified, like defects, late term abortions...

Not all lives have equal value. For example, lives closer to workforce have more economical value by comparison.

Lives lived in pain and non-liberty have lower quality value compared to lives lived in liberty and non-pain.

When calculating saving lives, life of a doctor becomes more important than life of criminal, disabled or low ability.

Life of a healthy fetus at 8 months is more valuable than life of defective fetus at 3 months.

So there is plenty to discuss, and obviously, its one topic that includes thousands of other debate topics.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@WyIted
Most Democrats don’t state this out loud but it is their strategy for reducing the crime rate. What's wrong with that?
I'm going to assume that this is sarcastically rhetorical, but in the case that it's not, genocide is wrong.

YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Best.Korea
There is a difference between abortion being morally justified and legal abortion. Abortion can be morally wrong, but legal.
Yes. Just like the extermination of Jews, by the Nazis was technically "legal" in that area at that time. 
I don't believe that society determines right or wrong, so yes you are right, but I am talking about morals.

This is because abortion being illegal can cause even more harm, even if abortion itself is morally wrong.
I think preventing the slaughter of millions of children annually would prevent harm, not create more. 

There are also different cases where abortion is more or less morally justified, like defects, late term abortions...
I believe abortion by definition, (human abortion) is morally wrong. 
Because by definition, it is the termination of a living human organism.
And that is morally wrong according to my definition.
And I'm willing to defend that. 

Now obviously there are cases where killing humas is justified, like self-defense. I believe that is the only time it is justified to kill another human. 
And abortion is not self-defense. 

Not all lives have equal value. For example, lives closer to workforce have more economical value by comparison.
Well, if economics is what you determine value with then sure. I don't. 

Lives lived in pain and non-liberty have lower quality value compared to lives lived in liberty and non-pain.
I fundamentally disagree. 

When calculating saving lives, life of a doctor becomes more important than life of criminal, disabled or low ability.
I again, fundamentally disagree. 

Life of a healthy fetus at 8 months is more valuable than life of defective fetus at 3 months.
Thats a dangerous way to determine value. 
If value is determined by economic success, then why don't we just kill all of the economically unsuccessful people?

So there is plenty to discuss, and obviously, its one topic that includes thousands of other debate topics.
Of course. 
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
I fundamentally disagree. 
Would you rather live in "pain and non-liberty" or "liberty and non-pain"? This tells which life is better.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Can you tell me what is your moral standard regarding human lives? Because you seem to reject consequentialism.
WyIted
Debates: 27
WyIted
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
I'm going to assume that this is sarcastically rhetorical, but in the case that it's not, genocide is wrong.
It's honestly true which is why a lot of nazis like Richard Spencer have seen the light and have been quietly supporting kamala Harris
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Best.Korea
Would you rather live in "pain and non-liberty" or "liberty and non-pain"? This tells which life is better.
I need a more in-depth description of what that would entail. Definitions. 
Can you tell me what is your moral standard regarding human lives? Because you seem to reject consequentialism.
All humans are valuable. Their value isn't based economic good.
It is based upon the fact that they are human.
All humans are valuable. 
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
I need a more in-depth description of what that would entail
Its obvious what pain and liberty are. You are just dodging the question because you cant answer to it.

A more simple one: Would you rather have the life you have now or be locked in cage and tortured?

All humans are valuable
Are all human lives equally valuable? Are all humans equally valuable? These are questions you should answer probably.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Best.Korea
Its obvious what pain and liberty are. You are just dodging the question because you cant answer to it.
But the question "in question" doesn't make sense.
There is no such thing as a world without pain or without liberty. It doesn't make sense. 

A more simple one: Would you rather have the life you have now or be locked in cage and tortured?
I would rather have the life I have now, but that doesn't have anything to do with the value of other people. 

Are all human lives equally valuable? Are all humans equally valuable? These are questions you should answer probably.
Yes. They are. 
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
There is no such thing as a world without pain or without liberty. It doesn't make sense.
The question asks what would you rather have, not what exists. You can want things that dont currently exist.

I would rather have the life I have now
So not all lives are equal. If all lives were equal, you would prefer all life situations equally.

Yes. They are
Basic math, if all human lives are equal, then two are more valuable than one. Do you agree?
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Best.Korea
The question asks what would you rather have, not what exists. You can want things that dont currently exist.
I can't imagine a world with pain without liberty and vice versa. Both are needed. 

So not all lives are equal. If all lives were equal, you would prefer all life situations equally.
That makes no sense at all. Thats ridiculous. 

Basic math, if all human lives are equal, then two are more valuable than one. Do you agree?
No that's not how it works. Each person has equal value. 
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
I can't imagine a world with pain without liberty and vice versa. Both are needed
You cant imagine less pain or more pain? Less liberty or more liberty? Most people can imagine those.

That makes no sense at all. Thats ridiculous.
Thats what you said. You prefer the life you have now over the one mentioned. Two lives are not equal.

No that's not how it works. Each person has equal value.
If each person has equal value individually, then mathematically speaking, two persons must have double value of one.
sadolite
Debates: 0
sadolite
When discussing  a pro abortion position you have to clarify which position you are arguing from. Are you arguing from the stand point of when life begins or human when  rights begin. Science clearly states life begins at conception this is indisputable. Well you can dispute it but you would be arguing all of science is wrong and only you are right.   So that only leaves the arbitrary opinion of when human rights begin. Pick your arbitrary time from conception to time of birth as to when individual human rights begin. That's the abortion debate.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Best.Korea
You cant imagine less pain or more pain? Less liberty or more liberty? Most people can imagine those.
No, that's not what you said. You said NO pain or NO liberty. 
Not less or more.

Thats what you said. You prefer the life you have now over the one mentioned. Two lives are not equal. 
In order for that to be true, I would have to be the determiner of value, but I am not. I don't determine the value of others. 

If each person has equal value individually, then mathematically speaking, two persons must have double value of one.
Humanity is not a math equation. 
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
No, that's not what you said. You said NO pain or NO liberty. 
Not less or more
Most people can imagine life with no liberty, but you cant. I had to change things. Same point.

Basically, you conceded that some lives are more desirable to live than others, thus they have more value.

I don't determine the value of others
You do. You said values of all people's lives are equal. Thus, no preferable individual life can exist.

You prefer to live life as you do than life in cage and torture. You value lives differently.

Thus, you cannot explain why you prefer such life without giving more value to one life over other.

Humanity is not a math equation
Its a basic rule of logic. Explain why two human lives are equal to one human life in value.
Sidewalker
Debates: 8
Sidewalker
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
I support a retroactive abortion for Trump.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Best.Korea
Most people can imagine life with no liberty,
I can't. It's a human concept. 

Basically, you conceded that some lives are more desirable to live than others, thus they have more value.
According to me. I do not determine value. 

You do. You said values of all people's lives are equal. Thus, no preferable individual life can exist.

You prefer to live life as you do than life in cage and torture. You value lives differently.
I value lives differently. But I am not the ultimate authority that determines value. 
It isn't subjective. 

Thus, you cannot explain why you prefer such life without giving more value to one life over other.
Because I have preferences.

Its a basic rule of logic. Explain why two human lives are equal to one human life in value.
I never said two are equal to one. I said each individual life is equally valuable. 
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
I am not the ultimate authority that determines value
Who is? I am kinda interested in this ultimate authority which you talk about that determines human value.

I never said two are equal to one
You said that two are not more valuable than one. So I figured you think they are equal.

Now you say two are not equal to one. Two are not more valuable nor equal to one.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Because I have preferences
Other people have preferences too. They want a better quality life, not mere numbers. Quality life is generally preferable.
FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW

My 7 year old cousin died from Leukemia when I was 12. I bet he wished he had been aborted.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Best.Korea
Who is? I am kinda interested in this ultimate authority which you talk about that determines human value.
Well, I can say with confidence that human value is objective, and not a subjective value. 

And God is a pretty good argument for that. But for that it would have to be a different argument completely. 

You said that two are not more valuable than one. So I figured you think they are equal.

Now you say two are not equal to one. Two are not more valuable nor equal to one.
All humans have the same amount of value. You can't add, subtract, multiply or divide that. 

Other people have preferences too. They want a better quality life, not mere numbers. Quality life is generally preferable.
But what defines better?
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
But what defines better?
What people want. "Better" and "morality" were always defined by people's goals. So just use people's goals instead.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Well, I can say with confidence that human value is objective, and not a subjective value. 
Yet you have shown no way to objectively meassure it. You have no value in number assigned to.

I do entertain the idea of God, but I wouldnt put my eggs in that basket. Not really useful.

Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@FLRW
My 7 year old cousin died from Leukemia when I was 12. I bet he wished he had been aborted.
Plenty of people suffer in the world. It shouldnt be our goal to produce more people who will suffer.

The goal is to produce more people who are happy and free, people who are glad to be alive.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Best.Korea
What people want. "Better" and "morality" were always defined by people's goals. So just use people's goals instead.
I don't believe morality is a subjectively defined thing. Otherwise, morality would be relative. And that just leads to a bunch of problems. 

Yet you have shown no way to objectively meassure it. You have no value in number assigned to.
I can give you some examples

Is there any time, any situation that rape is morally justifiable? And not just morally justifiable, but actually morally beautiful? If your answer is no, then you agree with me. 
I do entertain the idea of God, but I wouldnt put my eggs in that basket. Not really useful.
Helps out a lot actually. 
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
I don't believe morality is a subjectively defined thing. Otherwise, morality would be relative. And that just leads to a bunch of problems. 
It doesnt matter where it leads. It is the truth that morality is always subjective and depends upon an opinion.

Is there any time, any situation that rape is morally justifiable? And not just morally justifiable, but actually morally beautiful? If your answer is no, then you agree with me. 
My opinion on rape does not make my opinion objective. Also, many rapists think rape is morally justified.