Casey_Risk
Votes:

Moozer (3/4): Whiteflame, Pie (x2) 
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@Moozer325
Alright then, I’ll put it to you then. Who are you sussing and why?
Moozer325
Debates: 19
Moozer325
-->
@whiteflame
If anyone, you a little bit. Maybe it’s a subconscious OMGUS, but I feel kinda like your doing a bit of gaslighting and twisting my words.

That said, it’s not enough to make me VTL you, and I don’t really sus anyone else. I understand the wagon on me right now, I would probably be on it if I was on the other side. 

I think it’s only fair that I at least get some time to cross examine the other people in the PoE pool first.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Moozer325
If anyone, you a little bit. Maybe it’s a subconscious OMGUS, but I feel kinda like your doing a bit of gaslighting and twisting my words.
...excuse me? What words did I twist? What gaslighting did I do? Please, specifics.

That said, it’s not enough to make me VTL you, and I don’t really sus anyone else. I understand the wagon on me right now, I would probably be on it if I was on the other side. 

I think it’s only fair that I at least get some time to cross examine the other people in the PoE pool first.
So... you have a PoE pool, presumably with more people than just me? Who's in it and why are they there? If I'm in there, is there a reason beyond your just not liking how I'm responding to your claim?
Barney
Debates: 53
Barney
-->
@ILikePie5
Smooth job self confirming your role.
Moozer325
Moozer325
...excuse me? What words did I twist? What gaslighting did I do? Please, specifics
Well nothing really. I just think that you’ve been taking some smaller things and making them seem bigger, like with me clarifying  what my role meant, and not saying it was 1x. Also you saying that it’s weird for a commuter and a bus driver to be in the game. I don’t get that.

For all I know, those are big things for you, but I would consider them smaller than you made them be.

So... you have a PoE pool, presumably with more people than just me? Who's in it and why are they there? If I'm in there, is there a reason beyond your just not liking how I'm responding to your claim?
I meant the PoE pool that we all established. Me, Barney and Catholic, I might add you for my personal one, IDK.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Moozer325
Well nothing really. I just think that you’ve been taking some smaller things and making them seem bigger, like with me clarifying  what my role meant, and not saying it was 1x. Also you saying that it’s weird for a commuter and a bus driver to be in the game. I don’t get that.

For all I know, those are big things for you, but I would consider them smaller than you made them be.
Alright, so we're backtracking on the gaslighting and twisting. I pointed out that it was odd for your role to be limited to uses including you and being 1X, I didn't sus you for withholding the 1X from your initial claim. I find it odd that you don't see anything amiss in having a Commuter given your role. I didn't point this out, but it's strange that I'd have a multi-use self-protective role and you only have the 1X shot on something that could confuse town results or result in a swap that just kills some other town member. It's an odd way to balance two roles with similar results, given that you're only ever able to use it on yourself and someone else. 

But, hey, maybe that's just me.

I meant the PoE pool that we all established. Me, Barney and Catholic, I might add you for my personal one, IDK.
Given that you're in the PoE pool, I wanted some idea of who you think beyond you is likeliest to be scum, which I guess you don't have an answer to. So it's between Barney, Catholic and me for your pool, then? 

Moozer325
Moozer325
-->
@whiteflame
Given that you're in the PoE pool, I wanted some idea of who you think beyond you is likeliest to be scum, which I guess you don't have an answer to. So it's between Barney, Catholic and me for your pool, then? 
I know that to not be lynched, I’m gonna have to point in some other direction, but I just can’t do that. If I don’t have a good scapegoat, then fine, lynch me. I’ve made my case.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Moozer325
I know that to not be lynched, I’m gonna have to point in some other direction, but I just can’t do that. If I don’t have a good scapegoat, then fine, lynch me. I’ve made my case.
I think it’s worth taking the time to figure out who you’re sussing at this point. It’s not scapegoating if you’re town.

I’m going to Unvote for now because it’s late and I want to revisit this fresh in the morning. I’ll note that Barney hasn’t claimed a limitation to his role, which would make him the only one by my count. It is convenient that he claims to have targeted Austin as well. 
whiteflame
whiteflame
Just to clarify:

Unvote

Back tomorrow.

Casey_Risk
Debates: 3
Casey_Risk
Votes:

Moozer (2/4):  Pie (x2) 

"Yes We Can"
-- Barack Obama's 2008 campaign slogan

WyIted
Debates: 29
WyIted
Now I think Barney is the main suspect but I guess moozer going first isn't terrible. I will say thay pie was being g stupid for both getting roles and giving his role. We should be using behavioral reads

unvote VTL moozer
WyIted
WyIted
No, it'd got to be between barney and earth. I get the feeling slcasey always makes one scummy sounding role town based on her theory of how to crafted a game. However we are not going to have a jailkeeper and a doctor in the same game and jailkeeper is convenient to cover up a roleblocking role but not sure why earth would essentially town confirm me instead of another player, and them targeting me to prevent the NK makes sense

unvote VTL Barney
whiteflame
whiteflame
Alright, after a night of considering the decision, I do think this one's down to Moozer and Barney. I just don't buy that Earth as scum would give WyIted cover from a potential lynch by claiming that he JK'd him, so Earth isn't in my PoE atm.

I'm fine with lynching either one this DP (and as Pie mentioned, we have 3 chances, since we'll go from 6-1 to 4-1 to 2-1), but my preference is still Moozer right now. That being said, among the claims, the JK definitely throws some of the balance into question. I'm not sussing Earth's claim, but it means we have 3 protective roles: mine, Barney's and Earth's. I could see the case for Barney's role just adding a little too much on the protective end, though I'll also note that we have two negative utility roles (Catholic and WyIted) that may have required some balancing, especially if the other scum is a JOAT, since town only has the one investigative role and there are at least two roles (the Godfather and the Miller) that would have tainted Cop results.

whiteflame
whiteflame
In general, it seems like this game was designed to sow confusion among town. My role would have disrupted an investigation. Moozer's role, if real, would have switched the target of an investigation on him to someone else. Then you've got the JK as an RB. If the goal was to make Austin's investigation likely pointless or even net negative for town, this setup gets pretty close to doing that.

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
Unvote x2
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
Alright so here’s what I’m seeing:

If Earth is town, Wylted has to be town.
If Wylted is town, Earth might be town.

If Barney is town, scum have a Strongman/Strengthener because his protection failed

Whiteflame as odd night Commuter would be immune to actions on odd nights, which can be confirmed by Earth/Barney/Moozer

Earth
Debates: 4
Earth
-->
@Casey_Risk
Time check?
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
I think it’s clear that one person out of Earth, Barney, Whiteflame has to be scum based on the plethora of protective and roleblocking roles. That would imply that Moozer is town though, which is also hard for me
Earth
Earth
-->
@ILikePie5
If there is a Strongman, the  Wylted can be mafia. I'm not sure how exactly Strongman works, but if a Strongman can just nope roleblocks and protective actions, then it doesn't confirm Wylted.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@WyIted
Can you ChatGPT ur PM. I think it can help us a little more with the theme. I think you’re town, so ur PM could help with theme analysis
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@ILikePie5
Yeah will try now but 5 min break may have to wait til 12
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@ILikePie5
Had it paraphrase in the style of a flaming homosexual

Honey, you're the Election of 1928, and let me tell you, it was a total drama! Herbert Hoover, the Republican hottie, crushed poor Al Smith, the Democrat darling. But girl, Al had a tough time because he was Catholic, and back then, people were seriously prejudiced. It wasn’t his policies that tanked his campaign; it was his faith. Now, Hoover, bless his heart, ended up being super unpopular once the Great Depression hit, even though it wasn't entirely his fault. He just didn’t handle it well, darling.

So, in this fabulous game of mafia, you're the Miller! Just like those candidates were judged unfairly, you’re going to show up as Guilty to those nosey investigators, but don't you worry—you're still on Team Town, sugar! Let's keep things spicy!
Casey_Risk
Casey_Risk
-->
@Earth
Approximately 51 hours remain in the DP. 
whiteflame
whiteflame
I don't have much to add at this stage. We've got three DPs to work this out and, IMO, I think it's pretty clear that scum is between Barney and Moozer. I understand being uncertain about Earth and me as well, though if you're going to pick one of us to go for, it's me.

I don't buy that Earth would effectively town confirm WyIted (the JK means he couldn't have performed the NK) as scum.

My Commuter role also stands out more, given a) that it's harder to confirm (you could only "confirm" it by checking me NP3 and being unable to perform a given night action) and b) that it's an Odd-Night role rather than an X-shot role, of which we know there are at least two (Austin's and Pie's).
Earth
Earth
-->
@whiteflame
I do think it's a little odd. However Moozer is also strange. I think I'll end up JKing you tonight, but we'll see.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Earth
I'm good with that. It won't confirm my Commuter, but it would prevent me from performing the NK if I was scum.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
  1. Moozer325 - Election of 1972 - Self Bus Driver
  2. ILikePie5 - Election of 2020 - 1x Double Voter
  3. Barney - Election of 2008 - Doctor
  4. Earth - Election of 1920 - Jailkeeper
  5. whiteflame - Election of 1992 - Odd-Night Commuter
  6. CatholicApologetics - Election of 2000 - Hammerer
  7. WyIted - Election of 1928 - Miller

Austin - Election of 1876 - 2x Cop
JoeBob - Election of 1788 - Godfather