If morality is subjective, then morality is still objective

Author: Best.Korea

Total: 128
Tarik
Debates: 1
Tarik
-->
@TwoMan
I'm just saying that different people have different values and thus, different moral standards which makes them inherently subjective.
But who’s to say those values are moral? What if they’re immoral values?
TwoMan
Debates: 0
TwoMan
-->
@Tarik
But who’s to say those values are moral? What if they’re immoral values?
Values in and of themselves are not necessarily moral or immoral. It is the choices and actions one makes based on those values that are moral or immoral.
Tarik
Tarik
-->
@TwoMan
It is the choices and actions one makes based on those values that are moral or immoral.
But moral standards isn’t just a descriptive, it’s a prescriptive in the sense that everybody should follow it in order to accomplish their goals. Question is what’s a goal that we all have in common? That’s the pursuit of happiness.
TwoMan
TwoMan
-->
@Tarik
But moral standards isn’t just a descriptive, it’s a prescriptive in the sense that everybody should follow it in order to accomplish their goals. Question is what’s a goal that we all have in common? That’s the pursuit of happiness.
I agree that most people value happiness. Happiness means different things to different people. It is not, however, moral or immoral. The actions one takes in that pursuit can be determined to be moral or immoral.
Tarik
Tarik
-->
@TwoMan
The actions one takes in that pursuit can be determined to be moral or immoral.
Yes through heaven or hell, the moral actions are rewarded in heaven and the immoral actions are punished in hell.
TwoMan
TwoMan
-->
@Tarik
Yes through heaven or hell, the moral actions are rewarded in heaven and the immoral actions are punished in hell.
Since I can't say one way or another if that is true, I have nothing meaningful so say in response.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@TwoMan
Hey TwoMan.

Perhaps heaven and hell do or don't exist.

But as things stand, reiterating fantasy concepts is a wholly subjective process.

And as I see it, violence promoted in the name of subjective fantasy is more than a tad immoral.

But then, one mans morality is another's immorality...Such is subjective data processing.

And if there is an interventionist GOD, the machinations of the organic soup that drives evolution on Planet Earth is probably of no consequence within it's bigger Universal scheme of things. Or not as the case may be.

By now that GOD/those GODS, are probably billions of light years away doing something else. Or not as the case may be.

Such is my subjective fantasy take on things.
TwoMan
TwoMan
-->
@zedvictor4
But then, one mans morality is another's immorality...Such is subjective data processing.
That pretty much sums it up.