ranting and Time traveling DP 2

Author: WyIted

Read-only
Total: 222
Barney
Debates: 53
Barney
It'd weird that we haven't been attacked yet by the locals...
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Barney
@whiteflame
Now that I have a few minutes to explain:

After I narrowed my scum pool to pie and a few others I noticed pie didn't have anything about him in Barney's list so I chose him as the next person I want a claim from.

The response he gave in post 58 served to imply an attack on me asking in the first place and attempt to redirect the attention elsewhere. Compare this to an alternate response that doesn't involve claiming, which could look something like "I do not want to claim for x reason".

The response he gave implies defensiveness while the response he could have given implies conditional cooperation.

Further dialogue along the same line consistently kept that same tone.

Back to work my next break is in a few hours.
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@ILikePie5
@Discipulus_Didicit
Much as I generally agree with you that being uncooperative doesn't look great, I think the response he gave you regarding why you were selecting him first over another person who has yet to claim is a valid one. Don't get me wrong, I'm townreading Austin so he's not exactly top of my list for a claim, but I think it was valid for him to ask at the time. Since then, you said that you were townreading Austin as well, so I think it's valid to put it back to Pie at this point.

I'm still fine with seeking a claim from Owen. He was on 3 hours ago and did not post despite having multiple votes on him. We might need to account for the possibility that he is Silenced (which I suppose is possible at this point, though that obviously makes JoeBob sus since he hasn't said he used it and therefore the only person who could have was Luna), but I'd like to see if he posts when he's next online.
ILikePie5
Debates: 3
ILikePie5
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
The response he gave in post 58 served to imply an attack on me asking in the first place and attempt to redirect the attention elsewhere. Compare this to an alternate response that doesn't involve claiming, which could look something like "I do not want to claim for x reason".
You can use hypotheticals all day. Though you have yet to answer why not Owen, who has done nothing. Going straight to lynch Pie when Owen has not even posted is odd. 

The response he gave implies defensiveness while the response he could have given implies conditional cooperation.
I’ve been cooperative since the beginning. I already said my role is confirmable DP1 to avoid a rabbit hole. If your role isn’t confirmable then you should full claim before I do.

Further dialogue along the same line consistently kept that same tone.

Back to work my next break is in a few hours.
You also haven’t joined the I want Owen to role claim wagon. Why do you refuse to acknowledge him?
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@JoeBob
What did you dislike about what Casey said?
It’s screams try hard to me. There’s a lot of repetition like you’re explaining to a baby. Owen has played 2 games and he knows how it works. It just seems disingenuous to me like they’re trying hard to help/buddy someone they know is town from their POV
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
Owen not posting situation is something to note but with a silencer I wouldn't lynch just based on that.

As you point out joebob could be lying about not using it. It could also be that lunatic used it before the switch... you know, different timelines.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@JoeBob
Your old role... did you get to use it before becoming a silencer?
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Owen not posting situation is something to note but with a silencer I wouldn't lynch just based on that.
He may not be able to talk but he can still communicate via upvote or something like that.

As you point out joebob could be lying about not using it. It could also be that lunatic used it before the switch... you know, different timelines.
JoeBob could certainly be lying about it. But why switch with someone and then kill then as well. That’s a waste imo, but it’s still a distinct possibility. Also, Lunatic didn’t have the silencer before the switch.
whiteflame
whiteflame
In general, I find it odd that we haven't gotten a single result or night action yet. Maybe Owen did something and just hasn't posted about it yet, but there are at least 6 town members left in this game (could be 7-2 or 6-2-1 at this point) and no one's claimed a single action.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@ILikePie5
Lunatic didn’t have the silencer before the switch.
Time travel.

you have yet to answer why not Owen, who has done nothing.
I explained why I targeted you for a claim in post 57.
Barney
Barney
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
--> @JoeBob
I try to avoid answering for other people, but I believe he's answered that one sufficiently.

DP1 he was the silencer, and did not utilize it.
NP1 he and Lunatic had their roles switched, turning Lunatic into a silencer, and Joebob into a ???.

Or so he claims. Until the endgame we cannot wholly dismiss possibilities of manipulations.

DASHBOARD
Player                 Character                                            Role.              NP1
Barn              🗣️ Misogynistic - Bagel/Respect      Hated             N/A
Austin           ⌛ will be confirmed by MYLO           ??? (not role swapper)                
Casey            🗣️  Bill O'Reilly - "We'll Do It Live!"  ???                   ???
Owen            🗣️ Howard Dean - "The scream"       ???                   ???
iLikePie        🗣️ "My role is confirmable"                 ???                   ???
Disc               ⏳                                                                                    No results
Savant          ⌛ 
whiteflame ⏳ 
Joebob         🗣️ Dennis Green (prev. Big Red)         ???              Passed / Role Swapped with Lunatic

Graveyard
Lunatic         🗣️ Big Red “STFU”                                    Silencer      🪦RIP🪦
Lunatic         🗣️ Dennis Green  <- original,                   ???               ??? / Role Swapped with Joebob

Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Owen_T
If you are silenced then press like on every post in this thread.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@ILikePie5
He may not be able to talk but he can still communicate via upvote or something like that.
Some Silenced people can post a vote once (that was the case with our Silencing role a couple of games back), but from what I've seen of the Silencer, it's most common that the target cannot do anything. I would think they could upvote (in which case, Owen, if you're reading this and you can't speak, you should be upvoting posts that suggest you could be Silenced - start with this post).

JoeBob could certainly be lying about it. But why switch with someone and then kill then as well. That’s a waste imo, but it’s still a distinct possibility. Also, Lunatic didn’t have the silencer before the switch.
It would be a pretty outrageous gambit, but the reason I believe something happened has more to do with the existence of my role than it does with JoeBob's statement or Luna's flip. That being said, my role only hints at something like a Role Swapper in the game (it does not specifically say that role), and even that isn't telling of what actually happened last NP, only that a role like this likely exists in the game.

Barney
Barney
-->
@Owen_T
If you've been silenced, please like all of my posts this DP (there' not a not, literally only 8 right now).

If not, you need to show even a little activity or else we'll have to lynch you.
Savant
Debates: 23
Savant
-->
@Barney
If not, you need to show even a little activity or else we'll have to lynch you.
All the posts have been liked. Could be Owen.
Barney
Barney
lol... Well, at least none of these ideas are mutually exclusive.
Barney
Barney
-->
@Savant
Except he's not online right now.

Due to the rapid time between my post and your reply, I'm willing to bet you upvoted them. I don't know why, but that is my working theory.
Savant
Debates: 23
Savant
-->
@Barney
I just upvoted recent posts a second time, so the first time couldn't have been me. Also they were liked well before you said Owen needed to show activity.
WyIted
WyIted
I liked the posts and if anyone likes them I will unlike the posts to counteract it. 

I will give owen a prod if he is not silenced. If he is silenced than I will pretend like I prodded him. 
Barney
Barney
-->
@WyIted
Prodded him with what? 🤨

Sorry, just watched Deadpool 3 last night.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
So if Owen is silenced then JoeBob or Lunatic could have silenced them assuming the NK processes last, which it does (got confirmation from Wylted). So then the question is who silenced who. Cause if a hated townie and a scum silencer exist, then scum can win at LYLO regardless if a hated townie is alive or not since they would silence a townie and their vote wouldn’t count.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
Alternatively it could be that scum Owen is faking being silenced. His character isn’t really a rant snd there was some suspicion about that last DP, which may be the basis for why he was targeted. A town silencer targeting someone seems like negative utility though unless they know for certain that individual is scum. 

whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@ILikePie5
Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Owen hasn't been on in the last 5 hours, so we can't say that he's on but not posting.

And yes, I thought about the faking being Silenced gambit. I was planning to do that a couple of games back. There's always the possibility that scum have a Tailor or in some other way modified the flip.
JoeBob
JoeBob
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
What? 

Last DP, I was the silencer. I chose not to silence anyone. The second this DP started, I was notified I had a new role and character.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@JoeBob
Oh I was confused. Nevermind that question then.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Owen_T
Okay thank you you can stop now.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
So we lynching pie now?
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
Oh nevermind it was wylted fuck
Owen_T
Debates: 26
Owen_T
Hi everyone sorry for the inactivity. I still need to catch up on things, I've had a hectic day. I should be more active now.

I
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
So if Owen doesn’t post, then we can safely assume that he has been silenced, in which case we lynch JoeBob for lying. If JoeBob flips innocent, then we lynch Owen tomorrow for faking being silenced. Pretty simple. Even if Owen waits till the last second in the DP to post, he has to be scum