Author: WyIted

Read-only
Total: 222
Savant
Debates: 23
Savant
-->
@whiteflame
Can a Role Swapper use their ability on themselves? Idk why they would, but is it something they can do?
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@Savant
According to the info on Mafia Universe, not usually.

Savant
Savant
-->
@whiteflame
In that case, JoeBob is probably town. If mafia really wanted to do a weird gambit, JB could have his scum partner swap him, but I just don't see a justification for that outside of WIFOM. That doesn't shrink the POE by much, but it's something.
Savant
Savant
-->
@AustinL0926
@JoeBob
JoeBob,

I don't see a good reason to vote for Austin, but since you're my strongest town read, I assume you are just overreacting. Though it might be helpful to see if Austin had a reason for voting you specifically last DP outside of just wanting to lynch someone.
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@AustinL0926
You need to confirm whether or not you are a role swapper. Either a yes or a no is acceptable (as long as it is true) but we do need a yes or a no.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Savant
Speaking as someone who did a similar gambit last game with your Magistrate, I don't think it's likely JoeBob would have overwritten his own role. Something else might be going on here (e.g. scum could just be claiming that this happened to make us townread him), but it would be a very strange gambit and they would have no way of knowing that some of us (at least me) have elements of our role that suggest the existence of this kind of role swapping. So yes, I'm pretty solidly townreading him.

Assuming we don't get a town member who claims to have done this (at this point, I don't think we will, since all three of the people who haven't chimed in have claimed rants), the Role Swapper at least is still likely among the four of us unless we're assuming scum faked at least one of their claims. I can't say I've decided who is most likely, but I think we need claims at this stage to parse that out. For now, I'm going to wait for more people to post and make a decision based on how others respond.
AustinL0926
Debates: 33
AustinL0926
-->
@JoeBob
Let’s get this DP moving.

vtl austin

Why did you try to start a wagon on me, without explanation, with less than hour left in the DP?
because it was better than a no lynch and everyone else was townier. Not a great reason, but we did kill an Innocent Child two games ago for the same reasoning.
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
You need to confirm whether or not you are a role swapper. Either a yes or a no is acceptable (as long as it is true) but we do need a yes or a no.
No.
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
I don't think we should view this as clearing for Joebob. If a role swapper is the only ability one of their members have, then it makes sense they would want to use it as soon as possible to get a useful ability for themselves. I was suspecting Luna was a PR with the way he played yesterday honestly.
Savant
Savant
-->
@whiteflame
Didn't we have 4 time travel claims and 6 rant claims? If the real number is 5 and 5, it's likely the role swapper claimed their role as rant-related to duck suspicion. I don't see the play for scum, but they could be third-party.
ILikePie5
Debates: 3
ILikePie5
-->
@JoeBob
I have a new role and character, not saying what it is.

My role and character from DP1, is what it says lunatics is.

what kind of sorcery is this
So who did you use the Silencer on and why?
whiteflame
whiteflame
Also, it's been bothering me since we got everyone's softclaims, but I still don't like that there are 6 rants to 4 time travelers. This would not be the first time I've seen scum decide to fake claim when there wasn't a theme split, and if that's the case, then both scum may have softclaimed rants. I don't want to focus on modpsych too much, but if that's the case, then my focus on the four of us may be misplaced.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Savant
Didn't we have 4 time travel claims and 6 rant claims? If the real number is 5 and 5, it's likely the role swapper claimed their role as rant-related to duck suspicion. I don't see the play for scum, but they could be third-party.
Literally just posted on this. I could see scum doing it, but it's not a play I'd personally make. Earth did it in our Recycled Roles game, picking a separate game from his own to throw off town. It was riskier then than it is here.
Savant
Savant
-->
@whiteflame
Earth did it in our Recycled Roles game, picking a separate game from his own to throw off town.
I did that too as town for some reason, though it wasn't really that risky given how many games there were.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@AustinL0926
I don't think we should view this as clearing for Joebob. If a role swapper is the only ability one of their members have, then it makes sense they would want to use it as soon as possible to get a useful ability for themselves. I was suspecting Luna was a PR with the way he played yesterday honestly.
So, if this is the case, I guess I'm wondering what the point is in having JoeBob out that he was the recipient of a different role. Scum could have treated this like a Janitor, except they outright received the role from Luna rather than just erasing knowledge of it from the game. So why would JoeBob draw attention to himself as that recipient?

Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
Okay this confirms to me that whoever did the role swapping is scum. I also stand by my assessment that the role swapper is a time travel role. I am not sure how to use this information though since it is possible that the role swapper lied and said they have a rant role when asking for role categories. Any ideas?
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@AustinL0926
 If a role swapper is the only ability one of their members have, then it makes sense they would want to use it as soon as possible to get a useful ability for themselves.
Help me understand your thinking.

Let's say A and B are scum and C is town.

Are you saying that A (role swapper) used the role on B and C or that they used it on themselves (A) and C?
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
So I’m all caught up. A couple of thoughts: if JoeBob is admitting to having his role swapped with Lunatic, then a Role Swapper is likely. But this doesn’t affiliation confirm JoeBob. A scummate could’ve switched scum JoeBob’s role with Luna’s. After all, silencer is a scum role. Now here’s the issue in what JoeBob said:

I have a new role and character, not saying what it is.

My role and character from DP1, is what it says lunatics is.
Lunatic had already character claimed last DP, and JoeBob hasn’t confirmed that he has Luna’s character, which is odd. Why hide that? 
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
I think you're right that the person who used it is scum. Pie and Owen won't claim they did because they've both claimed rants, and Barney's claimed Hated. Since all four of us have said we did not participate in the role swap, someone's lying, which leaves us with the matter of whom.

I wish I could say I have a clearer idea on that front. I'm townreading JoeBob, and I'm townreading Austin and Barney based on the latter's claim and the former's statements about his role pseudo-confirming it. They're weaker townreads, but I'd still say they're unlikely to be scum. That doesn't narrow the window as much as I'd like, but I think I'll get more from seeing more posts on Casey's and Owen's parts in particular. The former has only posted once since the DP started and the latter hasn't come on.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
1. Savant
2. Pie
3. Whiteflame
4. Lunatic - DP1: ???; DP2: Big Red: Silencer
5. Casey - Bill O’Reilly Rant - ???
6. JoeBob - DP1: Big Red: Silencer; DP2: ???
7. Disc
8. Austin
9. Owen - Howard Dean Rant - ???
10.Barney - Short Man Rant - Hated

whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@ILikePie5
@JoeBob
Lunatic had already character claimed last DP, and JoeBob hasn’t confirmed that he has Luna’s character, which is odd. Why hide that? 
You have a point. I had assumed I'd misread some aspect of his post and went back to it a few times, but you're right that he hasn't confirmed that his character is Luna's character. That is an odd omission.

JoeBob
JoeBob
-->
@ILikePie5
he did? 
JoeBob
JoeBob
1. Savant
2. Pie
3. Whiteflame
4. Lunatic - DP1: ???; DP2: Big Red: Silencer
5. Casey - Bill O’Reilly Rant - ???
6. JoeBob - DP1: Big Red: Silencer; DP2: Dennis Green
7. Disc
8. Austin
9. Owen - Howard Dean Rant - ???
10.Barney - Short Man Rant - Hated

I checked, and yes he did. I missed that last DP, my bad.
Barney
Debates: 53
Barney
DASHBOARD
Player                 Character                                      Role.              NP1
Barn              🗣️ Misogynistic                                 Hated
Austin           ⌛ will be confirmed by MYLO     ???
Casey            🗣️  "We'll Do It Live!"                       ???
Owen            🗣️ Howard Dean                                ???
iLikePie        🗣️ Possibly about mail in ballots
Disc               ⏳                                                                                    No results
Savant          ⌛ 
whiteflame ⏳
Joebob        🗣️   Formerly Big Red and silencer….             Role Swapped with Lunatic

Graveyard
Lunatic         🗣️ BIg Red “STFU”                            Silencer.      Role swapped 
Lunatic         🗣️ Dennis Green  <- original, 
Barney
Debates: 53
Barney
-->
@JoeBob
Did you become Dennis Green’s rant?
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
I am going to go with joebob being town. If the mafia wanted to steal a town role I don't think they would steal it from an unclaimed player as lunatic was and further even if they did I don't see any reason that joebob would come out and advertise that he was switched if he was mafia. This leaves my potential lynch pool as the following:

Savant
Pie
Casey
Austin
Owen

I would put all of these in roughly the same priority except Savant. I would put Savant as my least wanted lynch out of these five as his behavior seems similar to my last game with him where he was town. I explained last DP why whiteflame and Barney are not on the list.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
Pie is the only one out of those four that hasn't already claimed so let's start by getting a claim from him.

vtl pie
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Pie is the only one out of those four that hasn't already claimed so let's start by getting a claim from him.

vtl pie
What about Austin?
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@ILikePie5
What makes you so sure he is lying about being confirmed by MyLo?
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
What makes you so sure he is lying about being confirmed by MyLo?
What makes you so sure I’m lying about being confirmable?