Author: Amber

Total: 151
Amber
Debates: 0
Amber
-->
@Casey_Risk
You’re still wrong. 

I already looked things up and verified what the anonymous person wrote. They are not wrong, you are. 

You can’t take a present day layman definition of jurisdiction out of Webster’s and apply it in a legal context back to when the 14th was debated and formally passed. 

You clearly have no conceptual idea of what legislative history research is and why the courts use it to understand what the writers of the law/statutory framework was as originally intended. 

When we travel we are beholden to follow another country’s laws not because we are under their (political) jurisdiction, but guests of their sovereign nation that has every legal right to enforce their laws upon any visitor the same they would any illegal alien or their own citizens. 

None of any of you contesting the content of the OP have proven said content wrong. I understand what was written because I took the responsibility of verifying it myself to see that under the framework in which the 14th was drafted, taking language from the Civil Rights Act referenced, in relationship to the 13th, and how/why the language was debated as it was before ratification whereas none of you do. 

So if you want to come at me, best take the same responsibility I did and verify it for yourself before opening your big fat mouths of ignorance throwing up the same ignorance and corruption the left uses to pervert birthright citizenship upon those who have no right to it. 

Good night. It’s 🛌 time where I’m at. 

PS. I won’t engage anyone who doesn’t do or reflect that they have done a respectable amount of research as I have on the subject. Not going to entertain uneducated mouthy people who can’t act like an adult and speak to me like one with actual intelligence in the subject matter. 

Casey_Risk
Debates: 3
Casey_Risk
-->
@Amber
Allow me to ask you one question. Feel free to answer it in the morning when you are awake. Has United States v. Wong Kim Ark been overturned?
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
Bingo. None of the DACA illegals are citizens either. 
Right, and all the blacks. They aren’t citizens either, right?

WyIted
Debates: 27
WyIted
-->
@Amber
Hey check this out. They used AI to fake his voice in a call to kamala

https://youtu.be/pR-yre0YZDE?si=4F96o7YyaENml2tC
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
the right can have its own creative political interpretation of the law as well. 
The right has a lot of creative interpretations of the law. They call them alternative facts. It’s also called living in an alternative reality.

Because they’re dummies.

Double_R
Double_R
The was another presidential candidate once accused of not being American enough to run for president. Gee, I wonder if they have anything in common.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Amber
Random post on FB ≠ factually inaccurate information. 
true. It equals information that is highly likely to be false or misleading, but not guarenteed. Therefore you should carefully research any claims you see on Face book. Even cursory investigation of these claims prove they are false. 

The details are easily verifiable. I’ve looked already and nothing this person wrote of is wrong.
except literally all of it. Anyone born on US soil is a US citizen unless they are working for a foreign government, like a diplomat. 2 students in the US on VISAs are not that. Therefore their children are US citizens. It took me like 5 minutes to confirm this. 

All you’re doing is regurgitating leftist demoKKKrsric talking.
lol, it is very telling that basic legal principles are "leftist demoKKKrsric talking Points". 

If u actually looked behind those fallacious talking points and did a little legal research on point you’d see that which I posted from the anonymous source is 100% correct. 
lol no, what you've said is easily disproven. You are misunderstanding the words "and subject to the jurisdiction thereof". It relates to representitives of a foreign government. It has nothing to do with tourists or students on VISAs. Unless you only go to ridiculous conspiracy websites, it takes like 5 minutes to confirm this.

TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
-->
@Amber
Kamala Harris - Wikipedia says Kamala Harris was born in Oakland, CA.  Everyone born in the US is a Citizen unless they renounce citizenship later (which Harris hasn't).

Now, Oakland has a very high black population; so that might explain why Harris is a bit darker.  But it's irrelevant; Harris was born in Oakland, CA.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@TheUnderdog
Harris' parents were both students on student visas. The argument amber is making is that since they weren't citizens, harris wouldn't get citizenship. But she is misunderstanding part of the 14th amendment intended to prevent the children of diplomats getting citizenship in the country they were posted in. 
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@HistoryBuff
The argument amber is making is that since they weren't citizens, harris wouldn't get citizenship. 
But actual anchor babies (not deragatory) are US Citizens.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@TheUnderdog
But actual anchor babies (not deragatory) are US Citizens.
yeah, I don't pretend to understand why she thinks this. Children being born in the US to non-american parents is a pretty common thing. I'm pretty sure it's just a racist conspiracy theory thing. 
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@HistoryBuff
I'm pretty sure it's just a racist conspiracy theory thing. 
You are probably right.

Although, if an immigrant wanted to run for POTUS, I wouldn't have a problem with that.  If you are a left winger, then you prefer Cenk Uygur to Donald Trump as your POTUS; if you are a right winger; then you prefer Elon Musk to AOC.  

Neither party has a principled stance against immigrants becoming POTUS and where you are born is out of your control, so neither do I.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@TheUnderdog
Although, if an immigrant wanted to run for POTUS, I wouldn't have a problem with that.
yeah, I'm not sure I can really think of a good reason why an immigrant couldn't be president. 

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@HistoryBuff
So Amber is a racist? And a MAGA MORON. 

That’s right, not all Trump supporters are racists, but all racists are big, big, MAGA MORON Trump supporters.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
So Amber is a racist?
I haven't seen much she has said other than this, so it's hard to say. The argument is certainly based in racism, but she could have just been taking in by stupid stuff on facebook and not realize that. 

And a MAGA MORON.
seems pretty pro-trump and the argument in this post is quite dumb....

That’s right, not all Trump supporters are racists, but all racists are big, big, MAGA MORON Trump supporters.
I wonder if there are any racists who don't support trump. I doubt it, but i suppose it's possible. 
Mharman
Debates: 23
Mharman
She’s a citizen. Calm down.

Maybe slam her on policy instead.
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
Even GOP politicians are agreeing with Mharman about the race-based attacks needing to stop. Just be fucking normal, people. The blood and soil stuff doesn't make you appear strong it makes you appear to be a bunch of weirdos.

Amber
Amber
-->
@Casey_Risk
This was the question before SCOTUS: 

Is a child who was born in the United States to Chinese-citizen parents who are lawful permanent residents of the United States a U.S. citizen under the Citizenship Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment?
This case is irrelevant to Kamala Harris’ parents and her lack of citizenship for the bolded italicized reason. 

Harris’ parents were NOT “lawful permanent residents of the United States.” They were foreigners visiting on VISAs at the time of her birth. Essentially “tourists” under the law. Her mother didn’t even apply to become a permanent legal resident until 1966 & wasn’t approved until 1968, four years AFTER Kamala’s birth. 

Kamala is NOT a US Citizen. She has dual citizenship in India and Jamaica or can choose one over the other. But she is NOT a US Citizen. 
Sidewalker
Debates: 8
Sidewalker
This was the question before SCOTUS: 

Is a child who was born in the United States to Chinese-citizen parents who are lawful permanent residents of the United States a U.S. citizen under the Citizenship Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment?
This case is irrelevant to Kamala Harris’ parents and her lack of citizenship for the bolded italicized reason. 

Harris’ parents were NOT “lawful permanent residents of the United States.” They were foreigners visiting on VISAs at the time of her birth. Essentially “tourists” under the law. Her mother didn’t even apply to become a permanent legal resident until 1966 & wasn’t approved until 1968, four years AFTER Kamala’s birth. 

Kamala is NOT a US Citizen. She has dual citizenship in India and Jamaica or can choose one over the other. But she is NOT a US Citizen. 

They couldn't say it at the Klan rally if it wasn't true.
Casey_Risk
Casey_Risk
-->
@Amber
Harris’ parents were NOT “lawful permanent residents of the United States."
Irrelevant. The Supreme Court case did not specify that to gain birthright citizenship, the parents had to be permanent residents of the united states. NO exception for children of non-permanent residents has ever been carved out. This is not even a source of legal controversy.
FLRW
FLRW

You all don't think Amber is Don Jr. , do you?
Best.Korea
Debates: 332
Best.Korea
Greyparrot probably isnt a US citizen either, but we accept him.
Sidewalker
Sidewalker
-->
@Best.Korea
Greyparrot probably isnt a US citizen either, but we accept him.
I don't even think Greyparrot is an Earth Citizen, the word Citizen may not even be a thing on his planet.
Sidewalker
Sidewalker
-->
@FLRW
You all don't think Amber is Don Jr. , do you?
No way, way to masculine for Don Jr.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Best.Korea

He probably drives a Lada Granta.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@WyIted
yep
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@HistoryBuff

this is actually one of the things i love about debateart
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@3RU7AL
this is actually one of the things i love about debateart
umm, ok. I'm not really sure why you are drawing my attention to post 37 though.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@HistoryBuff
umm, ok. I'm not really sure why you are drawing my attention to post 37 though.
case in point
Amber
Amber
-->
@Casey_Risk
Irrelevant.
And yet that is the legal question posed of the Supreme Court.

The Supreme Court case did not specify that to gain birthright citizenship, the parents had to be permanent residents of the united states.
And that fact is repeated throughout the ruling clearly identifying his parents as permanent legal residents with a permanent domicile residency in the US. 

NO exception for children of non-permanent residents has ever been carved out. This is not even a source of legal controversy.
Yea there is as clearly states within the legislative history of the 14th citizenship/birthright clause as carved out from the previously passed Civil Rights Act. Foreigners (like her parents), tourists, aliens and diplomats who have kids in the US are NOT entitled to US Citizenship. 

It’s not a legal controversy because ignorant people who don’t know any better just read the 14th with a 6th grade reading level and accept whatever they’re told or simply don’t question it. 

Notwithstanding it isn’t as if this issue hasn’t been raised before, it has several times, but ignored by others and Americans with no legal knowledge due to complacency and apathy towards the problems created by the bastardization of the birthright clause and its abuse for decades.