Double_R
-->
@Greyparrot
My grocery bill is burning in 2024

Make
Affordable
Groceries
Again
Would be a compelling case to make of you had any evidence that Donald Trump being sworn in in January would make any significant difference in your grocery bills. You of course don't.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Double_R
I don't need evidence.

One person at least pretends to care about the problem and the other pretends it is not a problem or at least not HIS problem.

There's no alternative here.
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Not everybody has liberty and freedom as end goals in the first place.
what specific policies have democrats implemented to increase "liberty and freedom" ?
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Double_R
so I think decisions likes this are medical decisions best left up to the individual, their family (if we're talking about a minor) and their doctor. 
bingo
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@3RU7AL
what specific policies have democrats implemented to increase "liberty and freedom" ?
What specific fucks do you think I give about democrats based on what I said?
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Greyparrot
I don't need evidence.

One person at least pretends to care about the problem and the other pretends it is not a problem or at least not HIS problem.
So your claim is unsupported BS and you're just putting your support behind the person who makes you feel better about it. Copy.

Trump isn't pretending to care about the problem, if that were the case he would be out there talking about his plans to fix it. He's has none. All he's doing is going "look, high prices = Biden bad" and all the Trumpers rejoice in their MAGA outrage high.

Again, inflation occurred all over the world and resulted from the aftermath of COVID. You guys love to pretend the crisis began on January 1st 2020 and ended on January 20th 2021, but that's not how real life works.
FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW

Trump is proposing tariffs on more than $3 trillion of imports, a 10-fold increase over what he did in his first term. The tariffs could make it more expensive to bring in the raw materials that U.S. factories need while also raising prices for consumers already struggling with high inflation. 
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
What specific fucks do you think I give about democrats based on what I said?
i don't know, maybe when you said this,

The liberal brain subconsciously assumes that most others have the same goals of liberty, freedom etc. that the liberal has
badger
badger
I don't know why you lot seem to pretend that the mass of conservatives aren't racist POS. That's the divide you see the world over. The populist movements in Europe are all reaction to the waves of immigrants and refugees coming in from Syria and Ukraine and wherever else. Brexit was all about immigrants. American politics is unique in a number of ways - healthcare, education, probably guns too - all because of your unique circumstances around race where you have a resented and resentful minority group living amongst you. Conservatives hate the thought of a penny going to a black man. If America was ethnically homogenous you'd have free healthcare and education tomorrow. Trump is popular because of the wall and because he says a whole bunch of daft shit which opens the doors for racist conservatives to say their daft shit. I mean, I know it's a debate site, but what's the point of the conversation here? They're Nazis. Somebody has to be. Let's call a spade a spade here.
Best.Korea
Debates: 332
Best.Korea
badger 😍
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@3RU7AL
That post was about liberalism not some political organization that I didn't even mention in it.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
That post was about liberalism not some political organization that I didn't even mention in it.
ok, so you weren't talking about republicans or democrats

it seemed like you were contrasting "liberals" with trump

generally speaking, republicans call democrats "liberals"
DavidAZZ
DavidAZZ
This country is so divided and full of anger that we are going to explode soon.  I recommend we all pick a side that would win in a civil war.  One side will gain power and try to push the other side out.

Jan 6 was a near pre-curser to that.  If they had not tried to play by the rules like good Americans, then we may have a better country now.  They should have just destroyed everything like BLM and it would have been a good thing, but unfortunately conservatives believe in life and the value of God, country and family.  I could only think of a handful of politicians that would be worth saving, on either side.  Wipe them out and start over again.

Screw all you liberals for drinking the media kool-aide and driving our country to go to pot.  Screw the corrupt politicians for not holding up a moral standard and making our debt how it is.

I hope Trump gets into office and breaks everything. 

DISCLAIMER:  I do not support political violence.
Best.Korea
Debates: 332
Best.Korea
-->
@DavidAZZ
I do not support political violence
Thats great, because violence wont pay off the debt or make Americans less retarded.

The  only solution you have is to accept me as an eternal dictator of USA and blindly obey everything I tell you.

Or you can pray that Jesus fixes USA lol
DavidAZZ
DavidAZZ
-->
@Best.Korea
Thats great, because violence wont pay off the debt or make Americans less retarded.
True, but it does get rid of the vile so they can't procreate.

pray that Jesus fixes USA 
Nah, pray that you are not here when he destroys it.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@FLRW
Trump is proposing tariffs on more than $3 trillion of imports, a 10-fold increase over what he did in his first term. The tariffs could make it more expensive to bring in the raw materials that U.S. factories need while also raising prices for consumers already struggling with high inflation. 
Do the people remember how Trump turned American farmers into welfare queens?

He had to send them billions to keep them going thanks to his trade wars.

Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
He had to send them billions...

you're just mad he didn't send that money to the global oligarchs.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
you're just mad he didn't send that money to the global oligarchs.
Ya that’s it, genius 

Double_R
Double_R
-->
@DavidAZZ
This country is so divided and full of anger that we are going to explode soon.  I recommend we all pick a side that would win in a civil war.  One side will gain power and try to push the other side out.

Jan 6 was a near pre-curser to that.  If they had not tried to play by the rules like good Americans, then we may have a better country now.  They should have just destroyed everything like BLM and it would have been a good thing, but unfortunately conservatives believe in life and the value of God, country and family.  I could only think of a handful of politicians that would be worth saving, on either side.  Wipe them out and start over again.

Screw all you liberals for drinking the media kool-aide and driving our country to go to pot.  Screw the corrupt politicians for not holding up a moral standard and making our debt how it is.

I hope Trump gets into office and breaks everything.
This is the most incoherent rant I've seen on this site in quite a while. What is your message here? Are you upset that the country is angry and divided? If so, at who? Why do you think that is? Are you for it or against it since you expressed your desire for Trump to get on there and wreck everything (as if destroying a country's political system has ever been a recipe for success, have you already forgotten Iraq)?
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@Double_R
...but telling them to go home is supposed to work?
It literally did. Many of the rioters started clearing out as soon as he sent that video.
Many of the "rioters" were peaceful as well.

You keep arguing that sending any kind of communication to them was futile because they wouldn't have listened, but when I make the point that he did nothing for 3 hours your immediate response was to jump to his Twitter post to say he did. So which side of the fence is it?
You're wrong on both sides of the fence. He wasn't idle for three hours and words alone did not prevent or end the riot.

which cuts entirely against the argument that he never expected violence
You always expect a few crazies. 
You don't send in 10,000 troops to deal with a few crazies.
That's what Pelosi thought.

Again, if Trump was offering these troops it's only because he recognized a very real threat of violence on a massive scale.
Then he tricked the left-tribe leadership into refusing help with his dastardly reverse psychology *rolls eyes*

You can't have it both ways.
Yes I can (again). Neither Trump nor Pelosi thought they were unprepared, but Trump was doing his duty as POTUS by offering resources. He didn't care too much if they refused because he didn't expect anything violent to happen (he thought congress was just going to suddenly choose democracy over corruption because he doesn't plan for failure).

Both were out of touch, but Pelosi's paranoia and lack of caution was the deciding factor and the existence of the offer (all but) disproves the accused coup plan. In fact the reason Pelosi and goons refused is because they thought he would execute a military coup with the troops he sent to help, that would be what an actual military coup looked like.

Jan 6 was an attack BY the American people, not the military, not the executive branch and history will not rewrite itself.

But this debate isn't about how effectively Trump could have stopped the attack, it's about what his purposeful inaction says about him and how that is not an unquestionable disqualification for office.
Thoughts and prayers must be sent ASAP, got it.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
Yes I can (again).
Yeah, that pretty much sums up our entire conversation. When I accuse Trump of inciting and then allowing the attack on the Capitol your answer is essentially "no he didn't, but it's good that he did".

It speaks to the absurdity of the political right on this and goes to show why folks like yourself have no coherent argument here, you guys want Trump to be the guy he was on January 6th while pretending he was never that guy because you know the overwhelming majority of the country doesn't want it.

You do know that Nancy Pelosi was not in charge of Capitol security and had no authority to refuse national guard assistance right?

This is what happens when we elect a pathological liar and a complete moron to be our president. He just says things and then for half the country it becomes the truth no matter how easily disprovable.

In fact the reason Pelosi and goons refused is because they thought he would execute a military coup with the troops he sent to help
Completely and totally made up.

He wasn't idle for three hours
Do you have any evidence to back that up? No, of course you don't.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Double_R
This is what happens when we elect a pathological liar and a complete moron to be our president.
Now you are starting to speak in terms these morons can understand 

badger
badger
Double_R is a tireless champion of human decency. But these apes aren't hearing it. Well, maybe the younger ones. David sounded a bit manic up there, was a fun read. But shame erodes with years. Reading Greyparrot posts is like watching lemon party. 
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Double_R
So my question to anyone who supports this guy is; what do you make of those 187 minutes? How do you explain it and why would you even consider voting for him after it?
Apr 4, 2024 · At around 11 a.m., four and half hours after Hamas's attack began, Netanyahu filmed a statement to the press outside the Defense Ministry offices
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@3RU7AL
What's your point?
DavidAZZ
DavidAZZ
-->
@Double_R
This is the most incoherent rant I've seen on this site in quite a while.
Thanks for reading! :)

3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Double_R
What's your point?
do you think jan6 was a bigger deal than oct7 ?
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@3RU7AL
In some ways yes, in some ways no.

Oct 7 was a far more tragic day. Jan 6th was far worse when it came to the historical significance of what we just witnessed and what it meant for the future of the nation.

To put it differently, Oct 7th was an attack on people from the outside, Jan 6th was an attack from the inside on our very way of life and it was lead by the person we entrusted to protect it.

Still don't know what your post has to do with anything.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Double_R
In some ways yes, in some ways no.

Oct 7 was a far more tragic day. Jan 6th was far worse when it came to the historical significance of what we just witnessed and what it meant for the future of the nation.

To put it differently, Oct 7th was an attack on people from the outside, Jan 6th was an attack from the inside on our very way of life and it was lead by the person we entrusted to protect it.

Still don't know what your post has to do with anything.

what do you think trump should have done to magically fix the situation ?

pretend you're a god for a second

and trump is your marionette
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@Double_R
Yes I can (again).
Yeah, that pretty much sums up our entire conversation. When I accuse Trump of inciting and then allowing the attack on the Capitol your answer is essentially "no he didn't, but it's good that he did".
That does not describe the context of the above response in the slightest.

you guys want Trump to be the guy he was on January 6th
I never said that, in fact I said things that directly contradict that statement.

while pretending he was never that guy because you know the overwhelming majority of the country doesn't want it.
No sane person could believe that I censor my opinions based on what the majority of the country does or does not want.

You do know that Nancy Pelosi was not in charge of Capitol security and had no authority to refuse national guard assistance right?
No I don't know that. Notice "don't" not "didn't", because it's still the case.

This is what happens when we elect a pathological liar and a complete moron to be our president. He just says things and then for half the country it becomes the truth no matter how easily disprovable.
Did you see the video of Pelosi admitting responsibility?

In fact the reason Pelosi and goons refused is because they thought he would execute a military coup with the troops he sent to help
Completely and totally made up.
There are only two other explanations:

1.) She refused because she wanted violence (for optics)
2.) She refused because she didn't see a threat

Take your pick

He wasn't idle for three hours
Do you have any evidence to back that up?
The tweet? The fact that he and the secret service agree he wanted to go to the capitol?